Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• Dear Thomas,
    don't you think it's time for a statement here? I'm sure we do not need to remind you on your promisses beeing made in the past. I'm pretty sure you are totally aware of them. So let me please ask you again and many thanks in advance for your highly appreciated reply.
    1. Do you expect that your wheel will be fully supported by PD and SMS?
    2. If so what do you think when it will happen finally?
    3. How about sharing the state of play in terms of your discussion with PD and SMS with your customers which are actually 'somehow involved in' your sallary?
    Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • Do you realy think that Thomas has got nothing better to do over the holidays Torsten?? Fanatec is a well respected brand for PC sim racers for many years now, in quality far above Thrustmaster/Logitec but incomparable in company size.. Personally I think that 3/4th generation sim racing is too complex for the computing power of the PS4, read the fora on GTS, PC2 etc.. Many people struggle to find the right settings for their wheel, any wheel.. Maybe we expect to much out of a gaming console that costs less then have a decent graphics card..  You simply can’t compare a i7700/GTX1080 computer to a console, beleave me Fanatec is not the problem.. 

• JP Mens said:

Do you realy think that Thomas has got nothing better to do over the holidays Torsten?? Fanatec is a well respected brand for PC sim racers for many years now, in quality far above Thrustmaster/Logitec but incomparable in company size.. Personally I think that 3/4th generation sim racing is too complex for the computing power of the PS4, read the fora on GTS, PC2 etc.. Many people struggle to find the right settings for their wheel, any wheel.. Maybe we expect to much out of a gaming console that costs less then have a decent graphics card..  You simply can’t compare a i7700/GTX1080 computer to a console, beleave me Fanatec is not the problem.. 

No. You're very wrong here. It doesn't matter how cheaper ps4 is compared to a high performance computer or anything. The word fanatec gave to their consumers even if it is PD's word, is eventually end up with a false information and I presume everyone who got mad here is complaining about the fanatec's attitude and them not mentioning anything I truely believe that Fanatec is the problem for not being responsible enough as a final seller.
  • I agree I've just had another arrogant email from fanatec. stating they never promised full compatability by end of year. which they sure did as mentioned on this community. all I can say is if u have recently got the wheel wait 2 months from that date of purchase. known PD history it won't be implemented then return the wheel. I see no response date or anything from fanatec.com just the links and there policy. like I said we as consumers have right side and under the consumer act of goods. I will be return mine. not the product the people at fanatec.com. and then mislead by changing the response for full compatibility. I game on ps4 only so if u don't no need to give me your thoughts.
  • all those who just want to rush and have nothing really constructive to carry should deal with other things than posting here. against the operator of this forum rushes I do not believe what brings you further. so your chances of a reasonable answer are very unlikely! - What's wrong with your life? - Do you have frustration fruity? relax! I will enjoy the CSL Elite and look forward to it getting even better when everything is 100% working.
  • JP Mens said:

Do you realy think that Thomas has got nothing better to do over the holidays Torsten?? Fanatec is a well respected brand for PC sim racers for many years now, in quality far above Thrustmaster/Logitec but incomparable in company size.. Personally I think that 3/4th generation sim racing is too complex for the computing power of the PS4, read the fora on GTS, PC2 etc.. Many people struggle to find the right settings for their wheel, any wheel.. Maybe we expect to much out of a gaming console that costs less then have a decent graphics card..  You simply can’t compare a i7700/GTX1080 computer to a console, beleave me Fanatec is not the problem.. 

No. You're very wrong here. It doesn't matter how cheaper ps4 is compared to a high performance computer or anything. The word fanatec gave to their consumers even if it is PD's word, is eventually end up with a false information and I presume everyone who got mad here is complaining about the fanatec's attitude and them not mentioning anything I truely believe that Fanatec is the problem for not being responsible enough as a final seller.

Dear Woongsub Kim, let’s look at the facts.. PS4 is designed to be (mainly, 99% of the games) used with the PS4 controller and gives (sales) licences for other controllers like Fanatec and software developers like PD.. I’m no technician but I think that part of the agreement is the computer codes for communication between the PS4 and the controller/wheel.. In theory it’s simple PS4 dictates the code, PD uses the code in their game and Fanatec translates the codes for their wheel.. In practise we can see that it’s much more complicated, GT Sport and Project Cars 2 seem to be released as work in progress and receive regularly big fixes.. After scanning the relevant fora you can find settings that make both games enjoyable with the CSL, at least for me.. As far as I can tell there are no contracts between PD and Fanatec, so how could Fanatec force PD to make their code fully compatible with the CSL?? Everyone is doing their best, just be a bit more patient..   

• we were promised end of year. we know it's not gonna happen all were asking is an update. I'm sure fanatec and PD are in talks but we promised end of year. do we have to wait another 2 or3 months or may be years.. the silence is not good. and false promises. the email I got from Roberto at fanatec was on Xmas day yesterday.
  • I agree I've just had another arrogant email from fanatec. stating they never promised full compatability by end of year. which they sure did as mentioned on this community. all I can say is if u have recently got the wheel wait 2 months from that date of purchase. known PD history it won't be implemented then return the wheel. I see no response date or anything from fanatec.com just the links and there policy. like I said we as consumers have right side and under the consumer act of goods. I will be return mine. not the product the people at fanatec.com. and then mislead by changing the response for full compatibility. I game on ps4 only so if u don't no need to give me your thoughts.

This is a Fanatec forum Nadiem Azam and only their moderator can tell what not to post.. If you think Fanatec has breached their contract with you, send the thing back and stop moaning..  

• . Do you expect that your wheel will be fully supported by PD and 2. If so what do you think when it will happen finally? 3. How about sharing the state of play in terms of your discussion with PD and SMS with your customers which are actually ' 4. the changing of implementation by end of year. the Fanatec.com ps4 elite wheel is been emulated as a Logitech. in future if KZ PD updates gts or the Logitech wheel. That will effect us FANATEC users of the ps4 elite wheel.
  • . Do you expect that your wheel will be fully supported by PD and 2. If so what do you think when it will happen finally? 3. How about sharing the state of play in terms of your discussion with PD and SMS with your customers which are actually ' 4. the changing of implementation by end of year. the Fanatec.com ps4 elite wheel is been emulated as a Logitech. in future if KZ PD updates gts or the Logitech wheel. That will effect us FANATEC users of the ps4 elite wheel.

Sorry, but I’m not going to play thousand questions with you Nadiem.. Of course things could be better, but for now I can play the games satisfactory with the CLS.. And to quote my favourite poet;

You can’t always get what you want

But if you try sometime you find

You get what you need  

• JP I'm not satisfactory enjoying the cls elite on games on the PS4. and quote its not what I want. it's when will it happen as many other users.
  • JP I'm not satisfactory enjoying the cls elite on games on the PS4. and quote its not what I want. it's when will it happen as many other users.
    you are annoying. be patient quietly. If it helps Drink your beer
  • I did TRY nicely but got arrogance from Fanatec I should get a fanatec wheel my NEED
  • JP Mens said:
    JP Mens said:

Dear Woongsub Kim, let’s look at the facts.. PS4 is designed to be (mainly, 99% of the games) used with the PS4 controller and gives (sales) licences for other controllers like Fanatec and software developers like PD.. I’m no technician but I think that part of the agreement is the computer codes for communication between the PS4 and the controller/wheel.. In theory it’s simple PS4 dictates the code, PD uses the code in their game and Fanatec translates the codes for their wheel.. In practise we can see that it’s much more complicated, GT Sport and Project Cars 2 seem to be released as work in progress and receive regularly big fixes.. After scanning the relevant fora you can find settings that make both games enjoyable with the CSL, at least for me.. As far as I can tell there are no contracts between PD and Fanatec, so how could Fanatec force PD to make their code fully compatible with the CSL?? Everyone is doing their best, just be a bit more patient..   

Since you have good settings for GT Sport it would be nice if you could share yours.
  • Sure Niclas Holm;

sen aut
    ff 100
    sho 30
    abs off
    dri off
    for 100
    spr off
    dpr off
    brf 40
    fei 30

All in purple mode, the only problem I still experience is at the (rolling)start in multiplayer races.. When the game shows you the field and comes to autodrive there is oscillation in the wheel.. Violently when you don’t hold the wheel, a mere tremble when you do.. It disappears when the game starts..   

• Leo WongLeo Wong Member
    edited December 2017

Have you tried PC1, AC, Dirt 4 Nadiem?? The game and gameplay is dated, but for the sim experience Asseto Corsa is still the best.. Purple/G29 mode also, maybe you can send them a copy of your mail to PD J

• JP Mens said:
    Sure Niclas Holm;

sen aut
    ff 100
    sho 30
    abs off
    dri off
    for 100
    spr off
    dpr off
    brf 40
    fei 30

All in purple mode, the only problem I still experience is at the (rolling)start in multiplayer races.. When the game shows you the field and comes to autodrive there is oscillation in the wheel.. Violently when you don’t hold the wheel, a mere tremble when you do.. It disappears when the game starts..   

Thanks! Can't get the wheel to purple or blue mode, any advice how to do it?
  • The mode button is under the on/off button on the right side of the CSL Niclas
  • Niclas HolmNiclas Holm Member
    edited December 2017
    JP Mens said:
    The mode button is under the on/off button on the right side of the CSL Niclas
    Haha yes that I know :) But pushing it does not give a blue or purple light.
  • JP Mens said:
    Haha yes that I know :) But pushing it does not give a blue or purple mode.
  • Niclas HolmNiclas Holm Member
    edited December 2017
    JP Mens said:
    Sorry for tripple(!) quote, cant find how to delete them.
  • What colour is on then?? Try a hard reset, take the power lead out of the base and reboot.. Normally the mode button cycles blue, red, purple and yellow (hold button 5 sec I think).. Have you updated the firmware yet??

• JP Mens said:

What colour is on then?? Try a hard reset, take the power lead out of the base and reboot.. Normally the mode button cycles blue, red, purple and yellow (hold button 5 sec I think).. Have you updated the firmware yet??

Yes got the latest firmware. Made a video that shows startup and what happens when I push the mode button for a sec and when I oush it longer. No blue and purple mode to be seen. 

• Not enjoying my fanatec wheel at all.        Will sell it second hand. 
  • i think  the end result is  this and only this ! we were told this ps4  wheel  is compatible  with gts... i saved for what i thought was the cream of the crop .   i have  done  the firmware updates  i have read and  listened to  everyone  and done what was suggested ... here is my issue  it is a ps4 wheel it was  made first for ps4  then  pc and xbox  but firstly for the ps4  so when i use it in blue the ps4 mode  i get almost full throttle  and  minimal FF ??? if i put it in purple  the compatible mode i  get  great FF and i lose  20% throttle ???? what the hell ??? use the  mode your supposed to and you lose FF the the compatible mode and you  lose throttle   !!!! i feel like i was lied to just to sell  something  and its  sad i  have never once heard a bad thing about fanatec....all the videos  never say nothing  negative  other then a little  noise????? so what these people get  gear to  review as long as its a good review  no one tells the truth  about whats really going on  ... so tell a lie  get free gear to review... tell the truth and get called a a whiny  liar 
  • and  i have  done like Thomas  said  just go into  purple mode  and race no need to wait this is the   fix he is telling us to use   ....... and i must say the FF is awesome  but what the hell is the good of it???? if you cant win races because your throttle sis 20 %+ shorter  so you dont get a  full use of throttle and i know this to be true i races on  east outer loop on  GTS  with a car  on both BLUE mode and Purple mode... so i used a car to test the  blue and purplr  mode same car same settings  
    first on  blue  car went to  fifth gear quick  and reached top speed of  163 and no FF ....... now to the mode Thomas  said was the one to use   the purple!
     same car same setting  got to fifth  quite slow   top speed 141  gear changes are  long and  slow .. why would anyone want to play in a mode that one Purple?? you dont get to top speed  and you will never win a race..  or blue get better throttle  and  almost 0 FF and no one seems to want to answer or   address this  any comment is..  it is  being work on  and  just play on purple  and you will have  fun ..... umm half the fun is WINNING!!!!!!! you are  what i thought was the Harley Davidson of sim wheels and  looking like you are  not :(
  • JP Mens said:

What colour is on then?? Try a hard reset, take the power lead out of the base and reboot.. Normally the mode button cycles blue, red, purple and yellow (hold button 5 sec I think).. Have you updated the firmware yet??

JP Mens said:

• Sebastian Asavei,

"Yes but why take down that comment meanwhile ? Seems you have an explanation for everything, please, do try and explain that."

I'm not Thomas and I'm not Kaz either. You should ask yourself maybe since you seem to have an explanation for everything...

"GTS is full of bugs ? name a few because i've been playing it a bit"

Maybe you should play a bit more than just "a bit" to find these bugs, glitches or whatever you wanna call them. Let's call them "issues" for the moment (hopefully this will make you happy). As an example: Changes PD initially announced for patch 1.06, finally came on patch 1.10. Ask yourself now what all the patches between 1.06 an 1.10 where from or better, on GTS main menu go to "information" -> "updates". You will notice that there have been quite some changes to quite some issues. To fix all these issues PD had obviously to spend some time solve these things since they don't will solve by themselves. Could be a reason why PD did not have time to implement the CSL. Do you follow? Also it may be helpful to have a look at different dedicated GTS forums to understand that there have been quite some issues with the game and still are. Such things happens and as long as they get solved I have no problem with it. But again, it should be obvious to everyone that PD will take first time to solve their own issues (many of them certainly came unexpected) before giving priority to Fanatec.

"and close to S driver class now but havent found bugs in the game."

Not sure what you mean with that statement. Maybe that you have to have a DR of S or close to it to be able to find bugs? An B or C rating wouldn't be enough to find bugs?

"The server connectivity issue was annoying and lasted for 2 days but thats not a in game related issue, its a server issue, no patch was done client wise to be fixed, now it;s back online."

You're repeating exactly what I wrote, it was a server issue. You should maybe read post better before you answer. But again, such issues don't get solved by themselves and I wouldn't be surprised if solving that added even more delay to the implementation of the CSL. You still follow?

"Again what issues are there with the Thrustmaster wheels on GT sport ?"

Again, have a look at different dedicated forums, you'll notice that "Thrustmaster world" were and is far from perfect. Not even to mention cheap finish, quality and reliability issues like I had to deal with my T300 and TGT...but this is another topic...

"Me as many others switched from Thrustmaster to Fanatec on the promise that the wheel will have native support ."

Same for me. And like the majority (have a look at dedicated forums and reviews) of the ones who made the switch, the CSL is the overall better solution, even not being implanted in GTS. Sure it might be different for you and that is ok, but pretending that it's crap actually in GTS...whatever. Regarding native support in GTS, Fanatec has done everything they can do. They got the right to be "officially licensed for ps4" which was certainly not a cheap affair (license fees). The "promise" (if we assume that "assuring" and "promising" means the same) has been made by Kaz/PD/Sony (since PD belongs to Sony). That means that's up to the game programmers (PD) to implement the CSL in GTS, nothing Fanatec can do here at the moment apart trusting PD it will be done within this year...still 4 days to go it PD isn't too busy solving other issues.

"What Thomas said was "It will be implemented" and he said it based on being assured by Kaz, do you follow?"

You're ones again repeating exactly what I wrote. Ask yourself if you follow. Again, Fanatec has done everything they have to do, it's now up to PD to get the work done. And if, as you mentioned in a previous post,  PD uses to delay things, this shows where the problem actually is. If the CSL is not implemented in GTS within this year, it's PD who should make a statement since it was Kaz who assured Fanatec (and in an indirect way Fanatec's customers) it will be done this year.
    I hope you understand now what my point was.

• You must work in a kindergarten Tony, you've got the patience of a Saint J

• Have you posted this video to customer service of Fanatec Niclas?? Maybe they know a solution, has it ever worked properly??