Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• why does the thrustmaster  wheel work? because they paid pd a lot of money to have the gt logo on that pile of poo the T GT,,, your not prepared to help yourself, all you want to do is whine, my suggestion to you is go buy a thrustmaster like the other gt fanboys and when that fails, which from my experience wont be long you will have something else to whine about

*sigh* Tim, your a tool. These posts are the beginning of helping get to the root of the issues. way to offer your 1 cent into the discussion and make everything a little dumber. Sorry that you have your head in the sand on the issues that plague your beloved fanatec racing gear. Great to see that your not having any issues. So you might as well chime in with alot of poorly thought out arguments. Then bash another wheel company when your points no longer make sense. I wouldn't be here "complaining" if this wheel worked properly. 
  • Fanatec sim wheels are different then lower end wheels Richard, there are so many variables to tinker with.. It always takes me days to find the right setting for a game, PC or PS.. It’s definitely not plug and play.. Pitty that you live so far away otherwise I would send you my copy of PC1 so you could experience how hard it is to find your ‘perfect’ settings..   

• JP Mens said:

Fanatec sim wheels are different then lower end wheels Richard, there are so many variables to tinker with.. It always takes me days to find the right setting for a game, PC or PS.. It’s definitely not plug and play.. Pitty that you live so far away otherwise I would send you my copy of PC1 so you could experience how hard it is to find your ‘perfect’ settings..   

I believe you. I can see there's alot more to them. This off centre issue though isn't the norm. Not based on what I've read and experienced.
  • richard, im the tool? because you are too lazy to help yourself? lol, yeah ok, tell ya what, im just gonna jump in my rig and enjoy some racing on GT ..Seeya  

• JP Mens said:

Fanatec sim wheels are different then lower end wheels Richard, there are so many variables to tinker with.. It always takes me days to find the right setting for a game, PC or PS.. It’s definitely not plug and play.. Pitty that you live so far away otherwise I would send you my copy of PC1 so you could experience how hard it is to find your ‘perfect’ settings..   

I believe you. I can see there's alot more to them. This off centre issue though isn't the norm. Not based on what I've read and experienced.

I totaly understand that it’s frustrating to have that nice wheel and good looking game staring at you and you can’t play/race with it.. Unfortunately your not the only one with the ‘off center issue’ I’ve read it here ¾ times before.. And also on the PC2 forum, but then with different wheels.. Just saying that when CSL is/will be fully compatible / recognised in GTS your not there jet.. Then the tinkering starts.. Last post for the day, different time zone..

• Wow, a lot of traffc here. But unfortunately the mood somehow changed, at least partly. So I would suggest to calm down and wait for the CEO's reply. I think he can not ignore this crucial discussion anymore. This new livery thread is nice but by far less important! And regarding this off centre issue if I were you I would send my wheel base back to Fanatec to fix it. And I agree with Tim that you have to spend a lot of time to find your individual settings. But the thing is I want to spend this time on aimng for my perfect setup not to adjust my settings in order to find a suitable work around which minimizes this oscillation issue.
  • come on Thomas we would like an update.. as your promise for end of year has not sufficed. what is the latest.
  • so you haven't tried it with any other game, so you dont know if it is the wheel or he game that is at fault, yet you come on here saying fanatec needs to fix it ..bu you cant tell them what needs to be fixed because , well because what? you dont know because you havent bothered to find out if the problem persists on other games, because if it doesnt then is it still fanatecs fault?
    When I plug in a thrust master wheel and race in GTsport it works.

when I plug in my fanatec wheel into GTsport it doesn't work! 

I have two other friends with the SAME issue! The same wheel setup. 

of course I don't know what needs to be fixed!! if I did i would say hey fanatec this is what's wrong with the wheel please fix it. 

If the wheel DID work on other platforms then the fault must lie with PD. The one it doesn't work on. which imo still resides in the hands of the wheel makers to resolve the issue(s). I was told by fanatec through the sales and advertising that this wheel works for ps4 specifically GTsport. and at this point that is not true! it only partially works.

I shouldn't have to run tests on a wheel to see if it works on other games and what have you when I'm told it is suppose to work on the game I bought it for! 
    you have another and a Canadian as well with  the same issues .. I  have used it on other games I was lucky I bought  the ps4 bundle and the csl  xbox wheel and the  brake upgrade and the static shifter that I cant use till I get a different hub :( .. but I have a thrustmaster for the ps4 it works   but I bought a xbox and ALL my  looking  kept bringing me to fanatecs ps4 wheel base..  the  triple threat wheel base it was made for ps4 but has a xbox mode and a pc mode so I to took  the plunge.. I had to pay for it 3 times once to fanatic then the exchange then customs said  nope  pay more.. so then to plug it in  and it don't work right on the ps4  was  an is a total  S^^tstorm as 90% of my game collection is ps4  but I  did buy Forza7 for the XBOX1S and it  works  F**king amazing.. but like you I want it to work for my PS4 which is why I bought it in the first place..  so I could get the  best and fullest exp playing driving  sim games ..  but no matter what you say here  you will get no real answer and you will even be made light of.. I have thought of going  online  and  telling the truth  even threatened to but just got laughed at... so it don't matter  Thomas wont  give any feedback  he doesn't want to quell the monster he has  made with a  bad promise and a lie
  • I have an issue as well here, the wheel discalibrates every time I race.

I'm using a CSL Elite PS4 and V3 pedals, playing GT sport updated latest firmware.

When it works, it works good. That said, it only works like 50 percent of the race, then I have to press the tool button and recalibrate again. This works in offline racing but online, I'm having a huge disadvantage. I feel like I'm holding up a long time now since I got this wheel but I'm not sure if it's better than my T500RS wheel... Can someone give me any advice?

the problem is that the center of the wheel becomes something totally different, like more to the left or right.
    Hey Andre, i have the same issue, the wheel loses its center position while driving. I contacted the support. Fanatec asked me if I want to change the codewheel sensor. I first did that on my own, but that did not help in my case. So I sent it to fanatec, my wheelbase is in repair right now.

What are you thinking between the T500 and the CSL compared in GT Sport, for me it was a step back right now (with no native support).

Hi Peter,

I've send a message to fanatec today. Hoping to hear from them soon. I'm glad but also not quite that you have this issue too and it's not my stupidity that is in play. I've connected it to my pc several times to reset it and do the firmware thing but the problem is still here.

To answer your question I've stopped playing GT Sport since I've completed campaign mode, online is impossible with the steering wheel issue and not being able to pause the game to recenter the wheel.

I have to say the few minutes it works, it does work good. On the other hand I'm not quite sure if it's the step up from my T500RS (which I already sold, stupid me) The pedals are def better but for being twice the price I expected no less. I'm very disappointed by the wheel, I really hope they can offer me a swift solution.

• ...about an update for advanced GTS compatibility I would have told him that Polyphony promised us that it will happen in 2017 but apparantly they did not make it yet. We do not have any further info yet.
    Ok, no further info yet. But how about to ask Polyphony Digital again? Because as you are in direct contact with Kazunori it's muvch easier for you than for us. Many thanks.

• Hi guys ,

on this Chrstmas Holiday, I used my CSL Elite a lot on GTS in purple mode. The only issue i noticed is oscillation (hard oscillation) till IA is driving your car out of the pit and soft oscillation when you stay stopped on the track. Nothing while driving

Good FFb (I really don't have a comparison on GTS with other wheels), maybe it could be better after complete compatibility, I don't know

V3i pedals working good with rumble motors working (throttle and brake).

Really sorry to listen of someone's issues....

• edited January 2018
    ... V3i pedals working good with rumble motors working (throttle and brake).
    Hi Luca, are you sure that also your throttle motor on the pedal is working in GT Sport? On my V3 pedal just the brake pedal motor works.

Cheers,
    Thorsten
  • ... V3i pedals working good with rumble motors working (throttle and brake).
    Hi Luca, are you sure that also your throttle motor on the pedal is working in GT Sport? On my V3 pedal just the brake pedal motor works.

Cheers,
    Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

yes i can feel the throttle vibrating when a press too hard the pedal in condition of few grip or traction..

• I also habe the V3i but no vibration on throttle. Only on the brake.

• Hi Thorsten,

yes i can feel the throttle vibrating when a press too hard the pedal in condition of few grip or traction..

I'm curious what setting you are using to get the vibration in the pedals? I am using the F1 rim on my CSLEPS4 and get vibration through the rim on brake lock up but nothing through my V3 pedals. The motors do work when I test them in the Fanatec setup menu though.
    Thanks.
  • I Have an absolute linear or "normal" setup of V3i and CSL Elite.

Throttle vibrating functionality on GTS is something smooth not so evident just like in PJC2 but certainly perceivable... 

I had issue of no brake pedal rumble motor working with PJC2 before one of the patches (maybe 2.0 but I'm not sure of that); now everything is working 

• Jordan HarrisJordan Harris Member
    edited January 2018
    I have new Fanatec CSL elite ps4 wheel and I am getting constant centering issues. I have played GT sport, Project cars 2 and Assetto Corsa (PC). I have tried multiple settings and adjustments and have come up empty. The issue will pop up after 1 turn and get progressively worse throughout. I have flashed the update multiple times, played ps4 and pc games and the same issue pops up. I have contacted customer support but no answer yet. image
  • edited January 2018
    Because of my experiences with the Fanatec technical support I can only recommend them! Just call the support team during their availability from 2 to 4pm CET. It sounds like you have to return the wheel in order to get it replaced or repaired. This off-centre issue is a defect fom my point of view.
  • has anyone used this wheel with The Crew-Wildrun? Says its supported but does not recognize my base. Not a game I play very often but like to just have some fun once in a while so never tried it till last night. didn't work. is there something I'm doing wrong or did the g29 firmware take away support? Any help appreciated.
  • The Crew (Wild Run) should work in purple mode. At least according to the CSL Elite FAQ.
  • The Crew (Wild Run) should work in purple mode. At least according to the CSL Elite FAQ.
    Thanks for reply, that's why I was asking. My old Porsche V2 wheel worked flawlessly with game, and thought purple mode would work but doesn't. I'm using a usb hub for more ports, but tried without and still doesn't recognize. is the latest firmware 335? my wheel flashes 335-18 at start up. 
  • edited January 2018
    Did you start the Game by pressing X on the wheel instead of the controller?
  • Kind of crazy I have to either send in a brand new wheel or open it up and repair it myself. This thing was broken out of the box. Super disappointed with the purchase. 
  • I have a couple of questions. First - I have v3 pedals and csl elite ps4. Rumble motors on brake and throttle are not working in GTS. Few posts ago I saw that they should be working? Is there something I can do to have brake pedal vibration ? Second - how can avoid auto calibration of brake pedal. Its the idea of load cell - to to get used braking with same pressure. But this auto calibration in GT Sport ruin it. Each new session with same car I get different brake input. Can it be fixed? p.s. I play in purple mode.
  • So I just got the wheel and have been using it with PC2 and GTS. In project cars 2, the FF works a lot more where I can feel the bumps in the road and also the vibrations when turning at higher speeds (assuming this is tires losing traction). In GTS, there really isn't any vibrations except when going over curbs/off track. During cornering and on straights, everything is smooth. The only thing that activates is the force of the wheel and makes harder to turn in corners. How am I suppose to feel the loss of traction in corners?
  • So I just got the wheel and have been using it with PC2 and GTS. In project cars 2, the FF works a lot more where I can feel the bumps in the road and also the vibrations when turning at higher speeds (assuming this is tires losing traction). In GTS, there really isn't any vibrations except when going over curbs/off track. During cornering and on straights, everything is smooth. The only thing that activates is the force of the wheel and makes harder to turn in corners. How am I suppose to feel the loss of traction in corners?
    Are you in purple G29 emulation mode when you play GTS?
  • Yes I'm in purple mode when playing GTS and in blue mode when playing PC2. Im not saying there isn't any forcedeedback, in fact it's quiete strong. I have it 2/1 in game like the suggested setting from Fanatec. The problem is that there aren't really any rumbles/vibrations except when on grass/curbs. Basically the road feels too smooth and even on high speed corners, you only feel the force on the wheel. Since I'm new at this, how do I interpret tire grip/loss of traction In corners? From My understanding, in project cars 2, it rumbles in corners when tires loosing traction, but nothing happens in GTS. Am I suppsed to use the force in the wheel fighting me in the turn alone, without vibrations, to get the feel of oversteer/understeer?
  • edited January 2018
    Hello everyone, I have been weighing a lot of time getting the csl elite os4 with the v3 sport pedals, I currently have a t300rs with the G27 pedals and I am happy. I want to take a step to a higher level, but reading here I have doubts and more in the GT Sport mode, in the t300rs it is not that the force is very noticeable, but it is functional. Has anyone gone from the t300rs to the CSL elite PS4, does it show the difference or not much? In asseto and PC2, it is also noted, now the t300 rs does a good job. You can help me and tell me if it's worth changing to the elite CSL.
    Thank you
  • Hello everyone, I have been weighing a lot of time getting the csl elite os4 with the v3 sport pedals, I currently have a t300rs with the G27 pedals and I am happy. I want to take a step to a higher level, but reading here I have doubts and more in the GT Sport mode, in the t300rs it is not that the force is very noticeable, but it is functional. Has anyone gone from the t300rs to the CSL elite PS4, does it show the difference or not much? In asseto and PC2, it is also noted, now the t300 rs does a good job. You can help me and tell me if it's worth changing to the elite CSL.
    Thank you

• Did you start the Game by pressing X on the wheel instead of the controller?
    tried to start with wheel but does not work