CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

Comments

• All you said have logic but in the console players like me we need to confirm will work with the mayor SIMs, my fear is just make a blind purchase and have the deception that some of the nice features of the rim don't work in the game and useless. that's why we need to Thomas send one to the sims youtubers.

see you in the track!  
  • edited January 2018

But again this is pure speculation

That is exactly the reason why we would like to see a review.
    And i just want to see the damn thing in action :-bd
  • Thomas, 

Just 1 month to the official launch is time to give us more info of the RIM like how the rotary switches will work in AC or PC2, just send some to the reviewers I pay the shipping!!!!!

Regards,
  • There is a downloadable quick guide on the wheelpage, just saw it today gives a little more info, just a bit worried there is button mapping for pc and xbox but not ps4 :-<
  • edited January 2018
    Yes, I just saw it as well. There is no PS4 button mapping in that quick guide.

But I really hope I can attach these PS4 button caps I used for my Porsche and F1 rim to the McLaren rim as well.

• Do you feel the difference in strength between the Porsche and the CSL wheel Thorsten? The button mapping PS4/Xbox is identical I think, just different symbols.. 

• Hi guys, 

Is more important now to see a review before buying the rim, in my case will wait till see the reviews to make my decision, so for now just have to be patience and wait......
  • edited January 2018
    Hi thomas, something else. Do you have some kind of a customer loyalty program? 
    Spend a little fortune on items already and still itching for more. 
    little appreciation for your returning customers ;)

probably b-(

or a signed wheel perhaps :-\"

:D
  • JP Mens said:

Do you feel the difference in strength between the Porsche and the CSL wheel Thorsten? The button mapping PS4/Xbox is identical I think, just different symbols.. 

I will check it soon as I've installed the CSL Elite base again. Because currently I'm driving with the CWB V2 and Cronusmax.
  • I'd think its a reasonable expectation that the PS4 functionality will not change from how ever it's supported now. This is just a wheel rim that attaches to an existing base thats functionality is pretty much defined by. But it's clear how many PS4 folks are curious and Fanatec would have mentioned it if there was any difference. The only contradiction is the GT3 rim is in the product peripheral category that's clearly targeted at console players so I can see where the target market might have expectations that better align the platforms. 

Next point, I too would like to see a preview of the GT3 rim in action and some light feedback and comparison. Fanatec tend to get early product samples for beta testers well in advance of anyone even knowing they exist, but this being just a wheel rim, and likely mostly cosmetic form function beyond the addition of more analog functions, it could be "safe" to jump straight into manufacturing at the same place other wheel rims are made. I also hope that the podium series stuff is being made at the same facility. And I REALLY hope Fanatec try to undercut the DD market with good pricing, especially considering the poll above had "price" above all else... and really, a 20% reduction in price point on any fanatec gear would own the market, but it's anyones guess at to what those margins are. 
  • Dear Thomas, any news regarding the wheel? Did you visit the factory? Is there anything you can tell or want to share with us? Thanks alot. Cheers. Robert
  • Lino CarreiraLino Carreira Member
    edited January 2018
    Suppose there are no news regarding a definite date :) 

Thanks

• As long as I get mine I rather wait a bit longer if needed so QA can test properly.

Obviously as with EVERY new product i'm sure RL (ab)use :) and time will tell. Then again, I have been a Fanatec user for a long time and I can't really complain so I have high expectations for it to substitute my faithful F1 permantely :) for years to come (unless Fanatec makes a Lamborghini Huracan wheel in which case I have to change this statement :D )
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited January 2018
    I am so going to miss the rumble motors of my Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon....I almost never use the Buttkicker because these little motors transfer a lot of feel through my 80/20 rig...
    Hope to see some news about the Podium series soon...wonder if there will be a Podium version of this GT3 wheel (with rumble motors)... ;-)
  • I am so going to miss the rumble motors of my Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon....I almost never use the Buttkicker because these little motors transfer a lot of feel through my 80/20 rig...
    Hope to see some news about the Podium series soon...wonder if there will be a Podium version of this GT3 wheel (with rumble motors)... ;-)
    If you're referring to the McLaren rim, no, Thomas already stated you needed the additional older style quick release to use the GT3 on the future DD servo. But my guess is a new 911 GT3 rim will be introduced with the podium line. My only hint is the livery competition and history Fanatec has with Porsche being there leading premium license of the past. 
  • I am so going to miss the rumble motors of my Porsche 918 RSR and Formula Carbon....I almost never use the Buttkicker because these little motors transfer a lot of feel through my 80/20 rig...
    Funny thing is i have the 918 and F1 rim but lately i been using the Forza Rim & Hub Combo that has No wheel Rim Rumble motors with the v2.5 and i dont even Notice the Rim motors are Not there with the v2.5. I
  • Well hopefully my pre order will ship mid Feb as promised. Been a long wait since Nov  :)
  • Thomas say something! Is the 15 February the official day to get the rim or is the pre-order send day, did you have a review to the official launch? I'm just waiting more info to make my decision.........  ~X(
  • Probably they will wait until the reveal of the new livery and perhaps unveil of the podium series.
  • I too am wondering if I should be excited about the 15th or if that’s just a ship date. It’s very likely they are coming straight from China so if the 15th is even just ship date, it could be quite a bit longer till they are in our hands. I’d also expect someone would review it, and that coukd be an indication they are on track for customers.
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited January 2018
    I assume they ship in bulk from China to Fanatec, and the 15th is when they ship from Fanatec to customers.
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited January 2018
    Would also like to know some dates. Didn't pre-ordered but plan to buy this with CSL Elite P1-wheelrim at once. Of course I could make order already and then F just would send it when Mc-rim is available, but I've still waited.
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited January 2018
  • Guys,

I'm concernt  about the rim and I'm just making suggestions..... yesterday I receive a cupon to get the CSL Load Cell Brake at a very tentative price.... and my point is did I  need the 3 pedals config. to use the clutch bit funtion in the rim? All came from I post from my friend Thomas; he said that the clutch bite works in parallel with the pedal clutch so is posibble the only way the rim clutch just work if you have a load cell and have the use to brake pedal as the clutch?

Thomas please make a review!!!!!!!

See you in track
  • Thomas please advise if wheel is on sched to ship or not. You guys should know by now. I dont think anyone will be too upse t if its a week or two behind but would be nice to know at this point. Any info appreciated. Thanks.
  • Erik HousmansErik Housmans Member
    edited February 2018
    Guys,

I'm concernt  about the rim and I'm just making suggestions..... yesterday I receive a cupon to get the CSL Load Cell Brake at a very tentative price.... and my point is did I  need the 3 pedals config. to use the clutch bit funtion in the rim? All came from I post from my friend Thomas; he said that the clutch bite works in parallel with the pedal clutch so is posibble the only way the rim clutch just work if you have a load cell and have the use to brake pedal as the clutch?

See you in track
    How and why did you receive a coupon?
  • Guys,

See you in track
    Via mail a discount code for about 50% on the LC brake
  • Guys,

See you in track
    Via mail a discount code for about 50% on the LC brake
    WOW. I was undecided betwen the Lie LC upgrade a CS v# but then decided for the upgrade but havent placed the order waiting for some kind of special. That would for sure get the purchase from me. 

Im another one excited about the wheel and would love to know when it will be shipping. I placed the order in black friday 2017, and now I have to send back the PS4 wheel because its LEDs are not working, and I dont want to send it before I get the Mclaren wheel,

Please let us know!
  • Guys,

See you in track
    Yes was via email and I think is because i'm a client...
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited February 2018
    Guys,

See you in track
    I’m not sure if you need three pedals, but you should definitely WANT three pedals. The load cell makes such a huge difference, even if you don’t use the clutch pedal it’s well worth the upgrade, especially with the discount!