CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

Comments

• Yep just checked my order(s) and the wheel has a shipdate of 20 april. Earlier then expected! 

• Yep just checked my order(s) and the wheel has a shipdate of 20 april. Earlier then expected! 

Great man, can you do a Youtube video of it with a short review please? Would be great, thanks and enjoy it.
  • Idd. Enjoy!
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited April 2018
  • edited April 2018
    Just received UPS track&trace code. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow!! I think I have to work from home at around 2PM. Duty calls. 

BTW: Good (logistics) services. 

• It seems these might not be coming from China directly. EU seems to be getting them first. I'm in the US and still only have "verified payment" on my order status. But I'm glad these things are FINALLY starting to go into the wild. 
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited April 2018
    Now got ups email. Delivery Quoted for by end of day on the 25/4/18. 2 packages(wheel+QR) but only saying is 1.3kg Total weight ? It Should say Total weight of 2.5kg, the same that other buyers have been told and 2.5kg is the correct weight for both the Mclaren GT3 and QR including packaging... I just hope this is only a mistake and nothing bad. So Now I just have to hope and pray till UPS Deliver on 25/04/18..
  • My status just flipped to shipped on both the QC and Rim. So I should get the email soon. Looks like it's all going out in the order it was received. 

Just in time too, I had to pause Sim racing due to a real world crash at the race track at Circuit of Americas. I broke a rib, bruised a bunch of organs, spleen is questionable still, and a bruised rotary cuff. 4 weeks later and I'm just starting to get better. Turning some laps in a sim should help the rehabilitative process. 
  • Get well soon. And as you said Sim Racing is the right therapy now.
  • @Trevor: Indeed -> Get well soon and a good recovery. Does the health insurance pay your sim gear because it helps during rehalitation ;) 
  • Thomas / Armin Can one of you or any Fanatec official explain what is the Difference between FOR and FEI in the New FW. Thanks.
  • Like the most of use I'm new to this fantastic McLaren wheel. Can anyone explain how to use the two 12-way knobs in e.g. AC (and R3E, PCars2). How to map them. 
    I want the left one for TC and right one for ABS. I use Content Manager as starting point. Maybe it is very easy but I'm lost in all possibilities...Sorry... So thanks in advance for your support! Hop hop SimRacing Girl bring on the extended how-to video of this wheel ;) 

• Like the most of use I'm new to this fantastic McLaren wheel. Can anyone explain how to use the two 12-way knobs in e.g. AC (and R3E, PCars2). How to map them. 
    I want the left one for TC and right one for ABS. I use Content Manager as starting point. Maybe it is very easy but I'm lost in all possibilities...Sorry... So thanks in advance for your support! Hop hop SimRacing Girl bring on the extended how-to video of this wheel ;) 

Dont feel bad i have No Idea If or How those 12 way knobs can be used... I dont thi k they will wirk with Pcars2 --> the Manual says that games have to be optimized to use them.... I set Mine to the 11 switch position with 1 being Off.... I think thats best for Now... I doubt that Pcars2 will be optimized to use those switches... Playing in VR it would be almost impossible to use them any way.... But the Mapable Dual Clutch paddles are Very useful EX: Pcars2 I mapped 1 to Head Lights On/Off and the other to Windshield wiper im going to switch it to Pit Speed limiter but Now when playing in VR No more fussing feeling around for Buttons.
  • Dont feel bad i have No Idea If or How those 12 way knobs can be used... I dont thi k they will wirk with Pcars2 --> the Manual says that games have to be optimized to use them.... I set Mine to the 11 switch position with 1 being Off.... I think thats best for Now... I doubt that Pcars2 will be optimized to use those switches... Playing in VR it would be almost impossible to use them any way.... But the Mapable Dual Clutch paddles are Very useful EX: Pcars2 I mapped 1 to Head Lights On/Off and the other to Windshield wiper im going to switch it to Pit Speed limiter but Now when playing in VR No more fussing feeling around for Buttons.
    Thanks. I also mapped both with a one up/down for ABS and TC. That's a great idea to map those clutch padles for flashlighs and PIT speed limiter. Will also do until maybe sometime PCars2, AC, R3E willl support those buttons as they meant to be. 
  • Did anyone other from here get a e-mail from fanatec like this? It says that tey have sent defective mclaren gt 3 steering wheels to the pre order customers. Is this possible? Sehr geehrter Kunde, leider müssen wir Sie informieren, dass wir Ihnen versehentlich eines der wenigen CSL Elite McLaren Wheels gesendet haben, die technische Fehler aufweisen. Ihnen ist vielleicht ebenfalls aufgefallen, dass die austauschbaren Button Caps fehlen. Im Anhang finden Sie ein UPS-Retourenlabel und wir möchten Sie höflichst bitten das Lenkrad zurückzuschicken. Wir werden umgehend ein neues Lenkrad an Sie versenden und Sie bekommen dann eine Email von UPS mit der Sendungsnummer. Bitte schicken Sie den Quick Release Adapter nicht zurück. Wir möchten uns aufrichtig für den Lieferfehler und die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Kooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards, Sales Management Endor AG Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut Telefon +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax +49 (871) 9221-221 Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail: [email protected] Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487 Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), András Semsey Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Andreas Potthoff
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Wheel on the way but I am curious to know for anyone on Xbox, Does the mapping work correctly and how can the Rotary 12 knobs be used? Also I'm assuming we still have no way to use a right joystick and L/R thumbstick clicks.
  • edited April 2018
    Did anyone other from here get a e-mail from fanatec like this? It says that tey have sent defective mclaren gt 3 steering wheels to the pre order customers. Is this possible? Sehr geehrter Kunde, leider müssen wir Sie informieren, dass wir Ihnen versehentlich eines der wenigen CSL Elite McLaren Wheels gesendet haben, die technische Fehler aufweisen. Ihnen ist vielleicht ebenfalls aufgefallen, dass die austauschbaren Button Caps fehlen. Im Anhang finden Sie ein UPS-Retourenlabel und wir möchten Sie höflichst bitten das Lenkrad zurückzuschicken. Wir werden umgehend ein neues Lenkrad an Sie versenden und Sie bekommen dann eine Email von UPS mit der Sendungsnummer. Bitte schicken Sie den Quick Release Adapter nicht zurück. Wir möchten uns aufrichtig für den Lieferfehler und die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Kooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards, Sales Management Endor AG Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut Telefon +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax +49 (871) 9221-221 Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail: [email protected] Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487 Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), András Semsey Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Andreas Potthoff
    Looks quite authentic but better contact support to validate email.
  • Did anyone other from here get a e-mail from fanatec like this? It says that tey have sent defective mclaren gt 3 steering wheels to the pre order customers. Is this possible? Sehr geehrter Kunde, leider müssen wir Sie informieren, dass wir Ihnen versehentlich eines der wenigen CSL Elite McLaren Wheels gesendet haben, die technische Fehler aufweisen. Ihnen ist vielleicht ebenfalls aufgefallen, dass die austauschbaren Button Caps fehlen. Im Anhang finden Sie ein UPS-Retourenlabel und wir möchten Sie höflichst bitten das Lenkrad zurückzuschicken. Wir werden umgehend ein neues Lenkrad an Sie versenden und Sie bekommen dann eine Email von UPS mit der Sendungsnummer. Bitte schicken Sie den Quick Release Adapter nicht zurück. Wir möchten uns aufrichtig für den Lieferfehler und die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Kooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards, Sales Management Endor AG Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut Telefon +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax +49 (871) 9221-221 Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail: [email protected] Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487 Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), András Semsey Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Andreas Potthoff

Not necessary,it is legit.

Not necessary,it is valid.

Dont feel bad i have No Idea If or How those 12 way knobs can be used... I dont thi k they will wirk with Pcars2 --> the Manual says that games have to be optimized to use them.... I set Mine to the 11 switch position with 1 being Off.... I think thats best for Now... I doubt that Pcars2 will be optimized to use those switches... Playing in VR it would be almost impossible to use them any way.... But the Mapable Dual Clutch paddles are Very useful EX: Pcars2 I mapped 1 to Head Lights On/Off and the other to Windshield wiper im going to switch it to Pit Speed limiter but Now when playing in VR No more fussing feeling around for Buttons.
    Well its beginning to look like these switches do not work properly in any game or any platform. Someone please tell me I am wrong. Someone on gt planet suggested I should not have expected them to work? Based on what information? Intimate technical knowledge of how a rotary switch can’t currently be supported properly in any racing game in existence? I was supposed to know that? Really?
    Absolutely love this wheel ! Excellent job Thomas and the crew. Can’t wait for the DD.
  • ...how can the Rotary 12 knobs be used? 
    I found this over at Racedepartment.com, but I haven't had the chance to verify this. 

By default they are set to 12 position mode (each position on the dial is a button that is always on, so the wheel will be constantly pushing whatever button the rotary dials are set to)...go into the Fanatec wheel settings page with the Mclaren rim connected (AKA Windows' game controller settings) and under one of the tabs there is an option to change the rotary dial to one of 3 modes: 12-position (default), 11-position (position 1 is OFF, all other positions are buttons) and disabled. I'm at work so I don't have a screenshot to show you.

• David Tucker from iRacing made a tutorial video of how to setup the rotary knobs in iRacing.
  • Thanks Maurice, I get it now.. 
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Maiurice. Have to sit and mess with this in PCars2 which is prob the only game you can use it with on Xbox. I think the only way to use it would be Position 1 is Nul, Position 2 is On and Position 3 is Off then you repeat for another feature 4,5,6. Trying to understand what other ways this can be implemented% arrrgh
    Ok so problem solved LOL. The rotaries are not even recognized in PCars2
  • Iracing is PC only Joseph.. My guess is that dev's will find use for the rotaries in PC long before console sims..
    JP Mens said:
    Iracing is PC only Joseph.. My guess is that dev's will find use for the rotaries in PC long before console sims..
    Yeah I figure that would be the case. Just odd for an Xbox licensed wheel that rotaries are not supported plus the Toggle switches and LSB/RSB are dupes. 
    Anyone else having an issue with buttons not responding randomly? It has happened in a couple races where the P would not engage. Other times it was Y or A but it’s not consistently the same. Could this be with the new firmware?