CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

12346»

Comments

• Anyone else having an issue with buttons not responding randomly? It has happened in a couple races where the P would not engage. Other times it was Y or A but it’s not consistently the same. Could this be with the new firmware?
    I have noticed this as well. Once it was the "P" button and another time it was button #4 (Y). I was also noticing some "ghost" button presses coming from button #3 (B). In all cases, disconnecting then reconnecting using the QR resolved the problem. It's very random though and happens maybe once every ten sessions. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I am in discussion with Fanatec regarding this issue. Going to try the new firmware to see if it resolves the issue. Will update.
    Quick tip: Might be an obvious thing but if your wheel is making a lot of cracking noise try this. I loosened all the front face screws about 1/2-to a full turn and it is completely silent now.
  • Max HarveyMax Harvey Member
    edited June 2018
    ...how can the Rotary 12 knobs be used? 
    I found this over at Racedepartment.com, but I haven't had the chance to verify this. 

By default they are set to 12 position mode (each position on the dial is a button that is always on, so the wheel will be constantly pushing whatever button the rotary dials are set to)...go into the Fanatec wheel settings page with the Mclaren rim connected (AKA Windows' game controller settings) and under one of the tabs there is an option to change the rotary dial to one of 3 modes: 12-position (default), 11-position (position 1 is OFF, all other positions are buttons) and disabled. I'm at work so I don't have a screenshot to show you.
    I've not yet tried this yet, but I'm guessing the following is possible:

Intended action:
    Left rotary switch at position 1, left toggle switch adjusts brake bias up/down
    Left rotary switch at position 2, left toggle switch adjusts fuel mixture up/down
    Left rotary switch at position 3, left toggle switch adjusts traction control system up/down

Possible way to achieve the above using macros:

Rotary switch position 1 = constantly holds shift
    Rotary switch position 2 = constantly holds ctrl
    Rotary switch position 3 = constantly holds alt

toggle switch up = a
    toggle switch down = z

Then in iRacing:

shift + a = brake bias +
    shift + z = brake bias -
    crtl + a = mixture +
    crtl + z = mixture -
    shift + a = TCS +
    shift + z = TCS -

I'm guessing something like the above would work. For more switch positions, I suppose combinations of shift+alt, alt + crtl, crtl + shift could be used?

Either way, I wish there was some documented way to use these rotary switches.
  • Just to be 100% sure.

If I buy the Mclaren GT3 rim for 229,- it will inlcude the Clubsport quick release right? 

Thanks in advance.
  • Just to be 100% sure.

If I buy the Mclaren GT3 rim for 229,- it will inlcude the Clubsport quick release right? 

Thanks in advance.
    As it is relatively clearly stated in the webshop description: yes. 
  • Marvin SlumanMarvin Sluman Member
    edited November 2018
    Just to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.
    As it is relatively clearly stated in the webshop description: yes. 

Thank you sir!
  • Hi
    Anyone else having an issue with UP paddle.. sometimes not work.. sometimes shift two gear .....
    Solution ?
  • Hi
    Anyone else having an issue with UP paddle.. sometimes not work.. sometimes shift two gear .....
    Solution ?
    Please contact Fanatec Support through the Fanatec website.
  • Hi
    Solution ?
    This beta driver will probably solve it.
    Hi Chris, Have you changed the O-Ring? If it is larger than the original, it would make the wheel difficult to remove. I’ve experience this in the past and went back to the original with no issues. Also try and apply a bit of lube to the space at the back of the QR. you should be able to pull it off. Then apply lube to the shaft.
  • edited April 2019
    Hi all looking for some advice /info 
    just got the maclaren wheel and updated my csl elite base for xbox and the wheel ,seems some settings have changed ffb is now 0-200 and there are two new options at the end of the settings pulse or constant. ,anyway i dont know what they do or affect
    any advice /answers would be good 
    thanks in advance ant
  • If anyone has a set of Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim button caps which you get with the wheel and you don't want I'm after some, give me a shout please..
  • I just want 6 xbox one buttons cover. Thanks, I search eveywhere but didnt found :(
  • I know I may be posting into an old thread, but for those interested about wheel support on Xbox, please see my recent post on the subject: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/22003/xbox-fanatec-wheel-button-support#latest

In this post I describe that Logitech has been able to get all buttons and functions (rev lights included) of their G923 wheel working on Xbox - there are many more inputs than that of the Xbox controller - I’m sure we’ve all heard from Fanatec that their wheels not being fully supported is a Microsoft issue (and it might well have been) but clearly that is not true anymore especially with the above knowledge.

There is still a lot of confusion on this subject, and I feel some transparency from Fanatec about what the issue actually is is much needed and long overdue.