Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    It will work even better than that. You can choose what paddle you want for launching. You also see the clutch value in the display and you can save this setting in your tuning setup for each game.
  • It will work even better than that. You can choose what paddle you want for launching. You also see the clutch value in the display and you can save this setting in your tuning setup for each game.
    Thanks for confirmation. 
  • Also Thomas. 
    On a slightly different topic. Will the new podium rims come with rumble/vibration motors? Find them very good and will miss them in the gt3 rim.
    There will be new rims with rumble motors but not all Podium steering wheels will have them. And there is a good reason for that.
  • Thanks again for the reply and another teasing question. (What reason?).  
    Will only guess at the answer being to do with wireless interference between motor and wheel maybe. 

Anyway look forward to the GT3 rim being ready to order again  after missing the original pre order time.
  • There will be new rims with rumble motors but not all Podium steering wheels will have them. And there is a good reason for that.
    OK, thanks for the info.
    Could you please give me a clue if the Podium base can be front mounted... I've been asking this for a while and got no answer yet.
  • Thanks again for the reply and another teasing question. (What reason?).  
    Will only guess at the answer being to do with wireless interference between motor and wheel maybe. 

Anyway look forward to the GT3 rim being ready to order again  after missing the original pre order time.
    My guess is with DD you really don't need rumble, since good FFB actually telegraphs the rumble from the curbs. Since most wheels aren't fast enough to transmit that high frequency detail, they supplement it with rumble.

A DD wheel should be fast enough and strong enough to communicate anything you can feel through the rim.  It's not like your car has rumble in the wheel.

My best guess hopefully Thomas will correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Looks like we are getting much closer ;)
    Much closer to what, the McLaren rim release or GTS support?
    You will get the answer tomorrow :)
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited March 2018
    You will get the answer tomorrow :)
    Very clearly said,thank you!
  • Pd D announced a update for next week
  • So there will be an Update vor GTS, and not the release of the RIM? Right?
  • Maybe its Christmas and easter on one Day and March the 29th will be the shipment day of the McLaren Wheel AND finally the support for GTS :) But i am just dreamining ^^
  • Torsten KilpTorsten Kilp Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe its Christmas and easter on one Day and March the 29th will be the shipment day of the McLaren Wheel AND finally the support for GTS :) But i am just dreamining ^^
    I will join your dream... let's have a beer and wait togehter :)
  • no holding the wheel in the box with your knee anymore ;) 
  • Thanks HRISTO GOSHEV for posting that link, so finally from tomorrow we don't need the purple mode anymore in GTS  ;)

So, Thomas Jackermaier can tell us tomorrow then more news about PODIUM DD and McLaren GT3 rim, since the GTS wheel implementation is leaked already.

• This is great news!
  • According to the playstation blog:

'For all the Fanatec wheel users out there, we are really pleased to announce that we are adding official support in the update and will continue to improve its functionality in future updates.'

• Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited March 2018
    OK, thanks for the info.
    Could you please give me a clue if the Podium base can be front mounted... I've been asking this for a while and got no answer yet.
    I get the feeling that this must be a higly kept secret, since the question gets ignored once again.... :(
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    Can anyone confirm if the McLaren GT3 wheel will work with the CSL Elite PS4 base? I know the PS4 compatibility is in the base for PS4 not the wheel. So I imagine it will work as expected? I plan on using it in GT Sport and Assetto Corsa PC, but just thought I would ask. I already have pre-ordered one.

I would imagine this wheel will work in compatibility mode similar to the include CSL Elite PS4 wheel until PD comes out with full support for the base?
    My understanding is that both the base AND the rim need to support PS4 mode.

Lots of talk about xb1 compatbility and no mention of PS4.  I would NOT expect this rim to work with the PS4.
    It is 100% compatible with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 Wheel Base.
    EVERY rim of the Fanatec Line-Up is PS4 compatible IF you use it with the CSL Elite PS4 Wheel Base because the PS4 security chip is build into the wheel base and not the rim so every rim is PS4 compatible with the CSL Elite PS4 base. (The BMW, Porsche and Formula Rims are also all PS4 compatible and they were made way before the CSL Elite PS4 Base btw^^)
    Yes this was my understanding as well. Just hope I will be able to have a button mapped to the PS button similar to the CSL Elite PS4 wheel. But if not it really isn't that big of a deal to use the controller when needed. With PC already need to have a keyboard and mouse around anyway. I pre-ordered one right when it is announced so I will be sure to test it out on PS4 and post up if I have any issues.

I am seriously looking forward to putting in some laps in the SuperGT GT500 cars they just added to GT Sport using this new wheel.
  • Any update regarding the GTS situation? Getting tired of waiting to be honest. Compatibility was announced for 2017. Not blaming Fanatec, but still very tiresome
    Announced today!
  • So where is the big announcement or was it the damp squib gts announced by others yesterday?
  • To the marketing geniuses at Fanatec: When you have customers who has been waiting the better part of 5 months for a steering wheel they already paid for, don't send out an email saying "We Have Some Good News For You :)" wherein the news is that you can buy another product.Thomas, kindly update as to the ship date on the McLaren wheel if you would be so kind :)  Thanks!
  • Indeed.... i got the mail ...pissed me off like there is no tomorrow!!!
  • Daid Marx said:
    To the marketing geniuses at Fanatec: When you have customers who has been waiting the better part of 5 months for a steering wheel they already paid for, don't send out an email saying "We Have Some Good News For You :)" wherein the news is that you can buy another product.Thomas, kindly update as to the ship date on the McLaren wheel if you would be so kind :)  Thanks!
    Second that. I have purchased the csl Xbox pack, load cell brake and the v2.5 wheel base and rim over the past 8 months. Good news is not trying to sell me a ps4 product. Goid news would be the GT3 wheel you bought ladt year is on its way to you.
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited March 2018
    The wheel you all bought with no specified release date. The wheel that you already know is delayed. The wheel that was delayed and pre-order customers were given $100 in credit for patiently waiting.

If I was Fanatec I would just cancel all of your orders. The level of nonsense Fanatec has to put up from this community is absolutely astounding.
  • Yes, really awkward: I have the CSW. 2.5 just bought. Why am I receiving such a meaningless email? What about the McLaren steering wheel? What about the Podium series? sometimes I just do not understand it.
  • Yes, really awkward: I have the CSW. 2.5 just bought. Why am I receiving such a meaningless email? What about the McLaren steering wheel? What about the Podium series? sometimes I just do not understand it.
    Because you have signed up to receive the Fanatec newsletter I guess?