Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• So I'm really looking forward to this McLaren wheel. But will this be a product that goes up for sale and 10 minutes later won't be available for another couple months? Just wanna know if there's enough to go around or if I'll be waiting a while
  • I have a question about the McLaren rim. That rim has no vibration motors, I never had a rim with vibration motors till today.
    Does anyone who has a FANATEC rim with vib motors ( Porsche, F1 rim ) can explain to me the advantages and if you would miss that feel with the McLaren rim or not?
    Thanks
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited March 2018
    I have a question about the McLaren rim. That rim has no vibration motors, I never had a rim with vibration motors till today.
    Does anyone who has a FANATEC rim with vib motors ( Porsche, F1 rim ) can explain to me the advantages and if you would miss that feel with the McLaren rim or not?
    Thanks
    If you never had a wheel with vibration motors, you will not miss them. But you need to experience the feel. My actual wheels both have them and I am sure I will miss them because of the degree of immersion they add. The vibrations go through my entire rig (SimLab P1) and I can feel it in the Heusinkveld pedals (which have no rumble motors like Fanatec V3's).
    I find them more useful than the (single) Buttkicker (Mini concert LFE) I have under my seat.
    I hope for the quick appearance of a Podium GT3 wheel WITH vibration motors... ;-)

PS: still like to know about the mounting possibilities of the Podium base...
  • Hello WILLY WELS, thank you very much for your kind answer. I would really like to try a rim with vibration motors, I will wait a bit what else FANATEC will bring in terms of rims.
    It is really interesting to read that you have so much immersion with it and that it rumbles even in your sim rig and pedals, I did not expect that.
    I have mounted a big BUTTKICKER under my Playseat rig and it feels great too and adds a lot of immersion, I can not drive without it anymore, so I can understand what you mean. Thanks again for answering.
  • Finally in action..
  • edited March 2018
    I have a question about the McLaren rim. That rim has no vibration motors, I never had a rim with vibration motors till today.
    Thanks
    If you never had a wheel with vibration motors, you will not miss them. But you need to experience the feel. My actual wheels both have them and I am sure I will miss them because of the degree of immersion they add. The vibrations go through my entire rig (SimLab P1) and I can feel it in the Heusinkveld pedals (which have no rumble motors like Fanatec V3's).
    I find them more useful than the (single) Buttkicker (Mini concert LFE) I have under my seat.
    I hope for the quick appearance of a Podium GT3 wheel WITH vibration motors... ;-)

PS: still like to know about the mounting possibilities of the Podium base...
    Rig --> RSeat N1, CSW v2.5  with Porsche 918 & Formula Black  rim both of those wheels have motors in the rim, I also have the XBox1 Hub w/Forza rim with No Motors in the rim and I don't miss the rumble motors at all when using the Xbox hub w/formula rim --> I don't think that Pcars1, Pcars2, Assetto Corsa, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally sport even support the rim motor feature and if they do I cant say I ever felt them turn on.... The V2.5 has sooo much subtle feel that even when using the Hub w/Forza wheel you feel soo much its hard to believe that there are No Vibration motors in the rim. 

Edit: I use 2x Buttkickers 1 plays Left other Plays right and it works great like that you can clearly feel the difference between Left and right Rumble feel... If you have the means then Give a 2x buttkicker set up a shot its worth it...Mounting position is very important I modified the N1 buttkicker mount the same way I did for My RS1 buttkicker mount so that the Buttkickers mount right under the seat.  if any 1 wants info about how to do it I will post pics if you like.

• For those making numbers and comparatives TM have just launch a LED display for the TM eco-system at 170.00, so if you are looking to see rev ligthing here you got the option now from TM....... just remember it cost 0.00 in fanatec site........ ^:)^

I play on a projector - so it is more interesting to turn off all additional sources of light. It it possible to tweak brightness (dim) of fanatec LED lighting in bases/rims?
  • edited March 2018
    Thanks
    I've read on a forum that this vibration in the rim is only irritates so he turned it off. 
  • Thanks for the answers about the rim rumble motors, some say they are not so important and 1 says very important. Well I will find out by myself maybe someday. Thanks.
    I've watched the SIMRACINGGIRL video and yes, the McLaren rim looks nice, I will wait for the first reviews and consider maybe getting one later aswell.
  • I’ve not really noticed the motors much. At certain times it can send a nice feeling through the chassis but I really don’t notice if they are there or not. Or I’m confussing them with the sensations from the servo but I’ve never really felt them stand out on their own. I suppose I’ll know soon enough if the GT3 doesn’t have them.
  • For those making numbers and comparatives TM have just launch a LED display for the TM eco-system at 170.00, so if you are looking to see rev ligthing here you got the option now from TM....... just remember it cost 0.00 in fanatec site........ ^:)^

I play on a projector - so it is more interesting to turn off all additional sources of light. It it possible to tweak brightness (dim) of fanatec LED lighting in bases/rims?
    Hi Dimitri there's no way in the menu to dim the LED but you can use any kind of sun blocker like the ones used to the car windows doors and put it over the LED strip, just a easy solution.....

See you on track..... 
  • @Lorrell Waddell Yes, I would like to see your modified buttkicker mount
  • @Philips Romero Thanx, definitly I'll try it
  • edited March 2018
    The 1st pic with the Buttkickers hanging is the RS1 Buttkicker Mount ---> use a pipe flange for the base mount, mark and Drill the Holes Bolt it to the Bottom of the Buttkicker Mount, use 2 inch long threaded pipe to clamp the Buttkicker to as seen in the pic. 

The 2nd Pic with the Buttkicker Front shown is the N1 Buttkicker Mount... same process but the N1 the Buttkickers Must Mount on the Top side of the Buttkucker mount.... The Bar you see across the front is a replacement brace that i made because the N1 front Brace would Not fit with the Buttkickers Mounted ---> I dont even think the front brace was Needed because the Buttkicker mount is solid and braces it from against L/R movement from the rear but i just put it there anyway just because.

With the RS1/N1 Buttkicker Mount the bar that it clamps to has the Buttkicker Mounted on its side ---> Buttkickers are Not supposed to be Mounted on their side they dont give best feel and wear out quickly they should always be Mounted to shake up and down for Maximum feel and long Life.

With My set up 1 plays Left other plays Right and the Feel is Great!!! I can clearly feel the difference between Left and Right Bumps and impacts.
  • On Bsimracing is an interwiew whit RaceRoomRacing and him driving whit the Mc Laren GT3 Rim
  • On Bsimracing is an interwiew whit RaceRoomRacing and him driving whit the Mc Laren GT3 Rim
    Thanks!!!!!
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018
    That video is better compared to SimRacingGirl, because we can see the McLaren GT3 rim more close up.
    I am sure it will be a best seller if there are some good reviews about the rim.
  • That video is better compared to SimRacingGirl, because we can see the McLaren GT3 rim more close up.
    I am sure it will be a best seller if there are some good reviews about the rim.
    Can you post the link to the video
  • edited March 2018

@3:13 @7:09 and @9:44 with some extra explanation of the wheel and finally at the end of this video also some extra content. 
    But don't forget to watch also the interview itself about R3E
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So has the wheel started shipping or are these pre update versions that we are seeing?
  • So has the wheel started shipping or are these pre update versions that we are seeing?
    No, customer wheels are not shipped yet. That are most probably pre-production units.
  • The 1st pic with the Buttkickers hanging is the RS1 Buttkicker Mount ---> use a pipe flange for the base mount, mark and Drill the Holes Bolt it to the Bottom of the Buttkicker Mount, use 2 inch long threaded pipe to clamp the Buttkicker to as seen in the pic. 

The 2nd Pic with the Buttkicker Front shown is the N1 Buttkicker Mount... same process but the N1 the Buttkickers Must Mount on the Top side of the Buttkucker mount.... The Bar you see across the front is a replacement brace that i made because the N1 front Brace would Not fit with the Buttkickers Mounted ---> I dont even think the front brace was Needed because the Buttkicker mount is solid and braces it from against L/R movement from the rear but i just put it there anyway just because.

With the RS1/N1 Buttkicker Mount the bar that it clamps to has the Buttkicker Mounted on its side ---> Buttkickers are Not supposed to be Mounted on their side they dont give best feel and wear out quickly they should always be Mounted to shake up and down for Maximum feel and long Life.

With My set up 1 plays Left other plays Right and the Feel is Great!!! I can clearly feel the difference between Left and Right Bumps and impacts.
    Very nice set up. I use also an RSeat RS1 AC Edition.
    which butt kicker are you using?

Wish I could get buttkickers working on XboxOneX and my RS1.
    edited March 2018
    you can.......they work on EVERY system when you have a subwoofer where you can connect the amp of the BUTTKICKER to.

I have a BUTTKICKER, a large and strong one ( Not the Buttkicker GAMER ) mounted under my PLAYSEAT, I use it now on PS4, before I even used it on Xbox360 with FORZA4.
    I have connected my BUTTKICKER Amp to the subwoofer channel of my 5.1 TRITTON gaming headset and that works perfect, so the BUTTKICKER reacts to the low frequencies of the game. I feel rumbling of the engine, changing gears, curbs and so on....great feel to be honest.

Having a powerful Buttkicker mounted under your seat or your rig is a big game changer. Once used, you never want to race without, same as with VR.
    you can.......they work on EVERY system when you have a subwoofer where you can connect the amp of the BUTTKICKER to.

I have a BUTTKICKER, a large and strong one ( Not the Buttkicker GAMER ) mounted under my PLAYSEAT, I use it now on PS4, before I even used it on Xbox360 with FORZA4.
    I have connected my BUTTKICKER Amp to the subwoofer channel of my 5.1 TRITTON gaming headset and that works perfect, so the BUTTKICKER reacts to the low frequencies of the game. I feel rumbling of the engine, changing gears, curbs and so on....great feel to be honest.

Having a powerful Buttkicker mounted under your seat or your rig is a big game changer. Once used, you never want to race without, same as with VR.

Wait so I can plug the buttkicker into my subwoofer ? How and where would I do so when the line out goes to my HT system?
    edited March 2018
    Sorry my mistake! NOT into the subwoofer. 
    What I meant is....you need a connection which feeds a subwoofer channel. For instance of your Dolby Surround Amplifier or as I have the 5.1 Gaming headset which has a connection box with a subwoofer connection, there I plug in the subwoofer cable, which gets connected to the BUTTKICKER AMP. That easy, YOU just connect the Buttkicker Amp with the cable to your subwoofer channel of your HiFi Amp and you are ready to go.

I always use a gaming headset when gaming and playing racing games sitting on my rig, so I don't have a dolby surround sound system.
    Just important to know that when you want to run a Buttkicker on a console then you need a subwoofer channel which you can connect to the Buttkicker Amplifier.

I would recommend such a Buttkicker set for a sim rig or Playseat, I have those and they are just great.

• Any bit of news about the DD wheel's pricing or potential release? I want to pre-order this bad boy !!!!
  • It is kinda lame seeing all the VIPs playing around with the MClaren rim , and yet people who bought it are almost waiting for it for the past Half a year, i know its the hype world we live in but tbh its the last time i pre order any piece of hardware.... 
    edited March 2018
    It is kinda lame seeing all the VIPs playing around with the MClaren rim , and yet people who bought it are almost waiting for it for the past Half a year, i know its the hype world we live in but tbh its the last time i pre order any piece of hardware.... 

Especially tbh, WHO is a VIP? It should be the real customers and people who preordered it and paying the money for it, so YOU customers are VIP.
    I personally don´t preorder something, because there are mostly delays and you never know in advance how a new product turns out to be.