Introducing the new ClubSport F1 2019 Steering Wheel - Limited Edition UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited April 2019 in Blog
As already mentioned last year we want to make a limited edition Formula steering wheel every year. Last year our production run of 2018 units of the gold F1 wheel were sold out within 24 hours during Black Friday 2018.

This time we've created something special as well and we are giving priority to our Podium Series pre-order customers who ordered for the very first release date which had to be postponed.

Those customers received a voucher of 350 Euro/USD which can be used on any product and they also get the first chance to look at the new ClubSport F1 2019 Steering Wheel and order it before anybody else.

More details can be found in the newsletter we sent to customers today and will be revealed in a blogpost tomorrow.

UPDATE
The new steering wheel is now available in the webshop to everyone. 

Comments

• Placed my order for the Silver Arrow.
  • Nice ! I fear that one day there will be a color I won't be able to pass on even I have the f1 2018. I'm really looking for a podium f1 replica wheel !

• I am currently trying to apply my coupon code to items in my cart, since I already have the 2018 gold rim.  It will not allow me to check out...I keep getting the message "ERROR: Please select any one of the free items."

I have tried several different combinations of products, with and without the coupon code, and different browsers as well.

Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am currently trying to apply my coupon code to items in my cart, since I already have the 2018 gold rim.  It will not allow me to check out...I keep getting the message "ERROR: Please select any one of the free items."

I have tried several different combinations of products, with and without the coupon code, and different browsers as well.

have you selected one of the f1 2019 game pc or ps4 version

Seems you did not selected one of the two options to get F1 2019 for 1€ in the shopping cart?

Seems you did not selected one of the two options to get F1 2019 for 1€ in the shopping cart?
    I just added it, and it said there were 4 items in the cart (3 plus the game), but when I went to the cart to check out it wasn't there any more and I got the same error.
  • So does this mean I will not get the wheel base I ordered until this wheel ships?
  • So does this mean I will not get the wheel base I ordered until this wheel ships?
    You need to purchase this wheel seperately independent from the Base you already ordered. So no, the wheel base wont ship later together with the wheel because they are two different orders.
  • Do we still get free delivery on the rim if we use out voucher?
  • edited April 2019
    Do we still get free delivery on the rim if we use out voucher?
    Shipping costs are not covered by the voucher because the voucher only has a value of the price of the wheel, so 349,95€. So you have to pay for the shipping (and the 1€ for F1 2019 :D)
  • Thanks Thomas,

Absolutely beautiful. The process was smooth, already done the pre-order, including the F12019 for Pc!! It will be my partner with my DD2... can't wait...

Thank you so much!!

I just added it, and it said there were 4 items in the cart (3 plus the game), but when I went to the cart to check out it wasn't there any more and I got the same error.
    I only get an option to add the free game if I have the 2019 wheel in my cart.  If I uncheck the wheel, the option for the game goes away along with the game itself from the shopping cart, and I am still unable to check out. 

It seems it may be attached to the account somehow, because I get the error even when trying to check out without using the code.
  • edited April 2019
    Pre-ordered the wheel with the voucher and F1 2019 for PC. Thank you Fanatec!
    DD1 pre-ordered in November! =)
  • When can I order leather grips for my 2018 rim?
  • I just placed my order, but I have to say, I like the PS4 (Blue) and 2018 (Gold) versions more. In the pictures at least, it looks like the numbers on the 3 encoders are a bit hard to read. Maybe a contrasting decal? I do like to caps!

I will be ordering the vinyl decals for the button caps. Perhaps someone will make the decal for the encoders as well.
  • @Thomas Jackermeier

Thank you Thomas :). june 28th is my birthday :).

• Thank you Fanatec. 2019 rim pre ordered and paid for smoothly. Glad to see something going right for a change. Looks very nice.
  • edited April 2019
    Besides the color and the free game, what is the main difference between this one and the Clubsport V2?

The red model is compatible to PS4/Xbox/PC, this one is only PC/PS4.
    Any other pros?

I receive the email today allowing me to buy it and I'm looking for a F1 style. but I don't know if this one worth.

Regards
  • Besides the color and the free game, what is the main difference between this one and the Clubsport V2?

The red model is compatible to PS4/Xbox/PC, this one is only PC/PS4.
    Any other pros?

I receive the email today allowing me to buy it and I'm looking for a F1 style. but I don't know if this one worth.

Regards
    no, its basically exactly the same wheel as last years F1 2018 golden wheel, just with a different color and with smooth leather instead of Alcantara handgrips.
    If you dont race on the Xbox then simply decide which color style you like more. ;) 
  • Really great wheel but I will love it so much that Fanatec releases a clubsport (or podium) F1 wheel of 30 cm diameter.

PS: If I place the digital version of "F1 2019" in my cart, the shipping costs double, is it possible to fix that before I order ? I just say..
  • edited April 2019
    Fanatec F1 2019 Wheel Picture
  • edited April 2019
    F1 2019 Wheel. It is really nice.
  • Ben MansillBen Mansill Member
    edited April 2019
    Is it possible Fanatec will release a new, larger formula/GT style wheel before December?

I have the original Formula wheel, but haven't used it since I got the much more usable but lower quality McLaren wheel. It's disappointing to see yet another Formula variant. It's just too small. I have the DD voucher and would desperately love to put it towards a 30cm wheel before it expires in December.

I love the McLaren but want something like it that has the magnetic shifters.
  • Do we have to manually ask for a voucher and then manually order the wheel if we were in the group of people who pre-ordered? Or if we didn't ask for a voucher will it automatically be applied to our order of the DD1?
  • Simon MaltbySimon Maltby Member
    edited April 2019
    Is it just me or is the checkout broken.

I have tried on several machines and I get an error at the payment selection.
    It keeps saying that I need to select which PayPal method, but there are none shown.

Step 5: Payment Method
    Please select a payment method from the paypal services.

Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order.

• Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted
  • Do we have to manually ask for a voucher and then manually order the wheel if we were in the group of people who pre-ordered? Or if we didn't ask for a voucher will it automatically be applied to our order of the DD1?
    Ok, I re-read my email and when applying the voucher code listed in the email during checkout including the F1 2019 game key addon I get an error that says "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

• Matthew, are you signed in.  you will get this if you are not signed in
  • Matthew, are you signed in.  you will get this if you are not signed in
    Yes, definitely signed in.
    Ok, I re-read my email and when applying the voucher code listed in the email during checkout including the F1 2019 game key addon I get an error that says "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

Matthew, are you signed in.  you will get this if you are not signed in

Hmm, going back through my emails from Fanatec, the original email from December with the voucher actually had 1 digit different from the email I received today. Changing that digit has allowed my code to be valid and checkout is finished.