Introducing the new ClubSport F1 2019 Steering Wheel - Limited Edition UPDATE

Comments

• Mohamed EmaraMohamed Emara Member
    edited April 2019
    Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
  • Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    The 2018 Limited Edition was available several hours in Europe and even 1 1/2 days in US and the site worked well....
  • Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    This is my nest fanatec wheel
  • Is there more metal to the 2019 vs 2018, is all the silver parts made of metal or is it only the housing back. Because 2018 LE is all plastic outside.

Br
    Bjørn
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    The shell on the back of 2019 is metal (painted).
  • Can you put an XBOX chip in it?
  • Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
  • Ian BrownIan Brown Member
    edited April 2019
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    Product Name Status Model Quantity Price Total
    Podium Wheel Base DD2
      - warranty: 5 years
    Shipped P WB DD2 EU 1 1,260.46€ 1,260.46€
    Podium Advanced Paddles Module EU Payment verified P APM 1 151.22€ 151.22€
    ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted Shipped CSP V3i 1 504.16€ 504.16€
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Shipped CS SWFORM V2X 1 294.08€ 294.08€
    UPS Standard shipment "No Saturday Delivery – Delivery Monday to Friday!" (Weight: 29.96kg) without VAT 44.66€
    Total incl. VAT 2,682.94€
  • edited April 2019
    Ian Brown said:
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    What do you think is going to happen, when they give it to you for 1$? Then the next guy comes around the corner and want the same. Then the next comes, then the next, and so on. And then there will be the guy who is complaining, that he don't get it, just because HE ordered now one day too early. That would be a never ending story.

So in my opinion it's absolute comprehensible that you only get it, when you order while the special's on. I understand that that's annoying for you, but that's life.
  • Ian Brown said:
    What do you think is going to happen, when they give it to you for 1$? Then the next guy comes around the corner and want the same. Then the next comes, then the next, and so on. And then there will be the guy who is complaining, that he don't get it, just because HE ordered now one day too early. That would be a never ending story.

So in my opinion it's absolute comprehensible that you only get it, when you order while the special's on. I understand that that's annoying for you, but that's life.
    This sounds about right, that whoever bought a wheel during April, should be eligible for this game promo. 
  • edited April 2019
    Instant ordered from Hungary! Great looking wheel, I can't wait to arrive! 
  • I have the Formula V2. I want to know if we can buy the button caps seperately.
  • What’s the likelyhood that the new Podium universal hub will be available for preorder before Christmas?
  • I realize that the compatibility issue of using a Fanatec wheel rim with an OSW 20nM base is an ongoing topic. . I had all Fanatec gear until I went to an OSW last year (before the DD1/2 were announced). I opted to get a third party USB adapter that goes on the OSW side and am able to use the Fanatec McLaren GT3 and Forza rim on my OSW with full functionality and no problems. I do have the metal quick releases on each of the rims. There was a disclaimer on the site I ordered the adapter from indicating the use of their adapter would void my Fanatec warranty. I did so since it was most cost effective to try a $100 adapter and lose the warranty rather than buy new wheels and make my Fanatec rims obsolete. So now for my question: Is it the same for the F1 2019 v2, limited edition? If I void my own warranty, will the new rim work the same with my OSW? Or, did you encrypt the electronics so they cannot be used this way? Thank you.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    edited May 2019
    Ian Brown said:

Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I realize that the compatibility issue of using a Fanatec wheel rim with an OSW 20nM base is an ongoing topic. . I had all Fanatec gear until I went to an OSW last year (before the DD1/2 were announced). I opted to get a third party USB adapter that goes on the OSW side and am able to use the Fanatec McLaren GT3 and Forza rim on my OSW with full functionality and no problems. I do have the metal quick releases on each of the rims. There was a disclaimer on the site I ordered the adapter from indicating the use of their adapter would void my Fanatec warranty. I did so since it was most cost effective to try a $100 adapter and lose the warranty rather than buy new wheels and make my Fanatec rims obsolete. So now for my question: Is it the same for the F1 2019 v2, limited edition? If I void my own warranty, will the new rim work the same with my OSW? Or, did you encrypt the electronics so they cannot be used this way? Thank you.
    All steering steering wheels will be encrypted as those adapters can potentially damage the product and we have no chance to identify what caused this damage.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.
  • I've received this morning return of the shiping costs in my Paypal account.

Thank you.
  • Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel. I preorder the PS4 Podium Wheel for the 2 Batch. Delivery will be 14.6.2019. When i order the F1 2019 addon for 1€ was not availible. Will i get it without do Storno and reorder again? Payment is allready done via Amazonpayment. Greetings Kai
  • Keith PresseyKeith Pressey Member
    edited May 2019
    Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.

Yes, extra shipping costs refunded yesterday thanks, now back to enjoying my DD1!
  • Mohamed EmaraMohamed Emara Member
    edited May 2019
    tried to order it three times when there were 300 left with no luck....European site was lock and loaded Anyways, this is history now.
    Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    The 2018 Limited Edition was available several hours in Europe and even 1 1/2 days in US and the site worked well....
  • Please make black version of this, and i will order it in seconds
  • Gerald NGerald N Member
    edited May 2019
    Xbox version and I'll order in seconds...

Last two LE versions were for PS4 PC...
  • Xbox version and I'll order in seconds...

They already sell one.

They already sell one.
    Formula V2? Yes I bought that when I found out the 2019 LE was for PC PS4.  The 2018 LE, also PC PS4.  There is no open wheel formula wheel available for XBOX unless I am missing something.

They already sell one.
    Formula V2? Yes I bought that when I found out the 2019 LE was for PC PS4.  The 2018 LE, also PC PS4.  There is no open wheel formula wheel available for XBOX unless I am missing something.

They already sell one.
    I don't think you understand.  But if I am missing something, please give me a product name or a link. The video is no help.
  • DD1 and PS4 DD now in the Shop for the new Prices. But PS4 DD told Waranty only 2 Years. Error in the Discription? Greetings Kai
  • edited May 2019
    For me in the description of the English website it says standard 3 year warranty in the Base and 2 year on the wheel and Paddle Module. However in the German Webshop it still says 2 years, you are right.