Podium Button Module Endurance Software Package v1.2 [Incl. Instructions] (Only Podium DD)

Comments

• The fan not stopping seems like you forgot to update motor driver, check this...

• Hi Hugo,

Thx for getting back to me. I think the problem is definitely the motor firmware. Unfortunately I did update it it but that’s when the base freezes and cannot be turned off unless I hit the emergency stop button/unplug from the wall.

I realized that the driver and base firmware are a combo that comes in the driver package, so I was able to downgrade both to the non beta drivers. The motor firmware unfortunately does not come in the driver package and can only be updated with the updater. I managed to download a hex file from this Forum (version 34 I think) and proceeded with the motor firmware upgrades from scratch again but still the same problem: either the fan is 100% or the base freezes and I have to re-start it.

As recommenced, I also calibrated the motor without the wheel attached. Still, same problem persists.

I have also downgraded and upgraded the FormulaV2, Podium hub and Endurance Module firmware To match each driver, base and motor firmware combo.

With the fan at 100%, when I use the driver utility, I can see that all wheel buttons are working as well as the led lights. I can calibrate the wheel centre and the shifter.

It would be nice to have a driver and firmware “repository” for us to download and manually update the base.

This week I will do a fresh Windows install on a second hard drive (I have to make a dual boot since there are lots in this install that I cannot erase) and will start all over again. I am open to all suggestions!

• Did you try to turn on the base without being connected to the pc and see if it still freezes?

Of not, before installing windows there's a tool I don't remember the name to clean USB driver's.

• Once it freezes, I turn it off. Once turned on again, it is not frozen, but the fan is at 100%!

That's a good idea, I will remove all drivers/fanalab. Then use one of those tools to ensure all drivers have actually been removed. And start all over.

Quick question. Should I install the drivers even before connecting the wheel to the PC?

• Stefan SiartStefan Siart Member
    edited June 2020

Is the Button Module Endurance also working with the CSL Wheelbase with the new firmware or only with Clubsport Wheelbase V2.5? I already wrote a Message to Marcel Pfister but didn’t get an answer till now. Also on telephone I can‘t reach anyone.

• no, CSW v2.5 exclusive. CSL comes next after DD and CSW firmwares are working properly.

• Is there any time schedule for CSL? If it`s only 1 or 2 weeks I will nevertheless order zhe Clubsport Porsche 911 GT3 R Wheel.

• No ETA yet other than the usual "later this year" statement.

• edited June 2020

Hi,

When i install Fanalab 1.24, I have a big clack in the FFB, as if there was a hole in the bitumen, It makes me five six times over a run of 45 min.

As soon as I uninstall Fanalab no problem

Game IRacing : DD2 , Podium module endurance

Driver : 365

WB FW : 672

SWFW : 11

HUB : 2

If you have a solution , I have already uninstalled everything reinstalled , identical problem

Thanks,

• I have the same problem, try reverting to 3.46 driver and firmware, that helps (the base and wheel are seen again, but in basic buttons dont work), but after that I am stumped to, because upgrading after that wont work and my pc wont recognize the wheel anymore.

• Sorry to hear that Pascal.

I followed all the instructions to revert to 346. The DD2 got recognized, the fan stopped but it was very very choppy and could not be used for anything. Upgrading would cause the same problem (freezing or fan at 100% and base not working). I also got the same problem as you: DD2 not being recognized (shows an unsupported device, I believe). Cant recall how many times I downgraded and upgraded DD2 and motor firmware. Tried different all different combinations. Nothing worked.

I then wiped the computer, installed Windows in a fresh SSD (brand new). First thing I installed was the Fanatec drivers. Same problem persisted. DD2 is now back at Fanatec for repair. I am sure it is a firmware problem but I could not fix it with the info provided here and by the support team.

Now it's a matter of waiting for the unit to come back. I just hope I don't have to upgarde any driver once the unit arrives. Fanatec really need to get those drivers out of "beta" and make sure the installs goes smoothly.

• Yeah I send them a email 2 days ok, hope they react soon. Sorry to hear that your problems did persist also, hope you get the wheel back soon.

• Well, I'm stuck.

The firmware update for my BME failed and now the module is dead and nothing I'm doing seems to work. Here's what I tried.

Downgraded my driver to 356, wheel base firmware to 670, 2 for podium hub and 38 for the wheel base motor.

After that I've been trying to use the Device Module Boot Loader mentioned in the reddit thread and no luck. It still fails to update the firmware and the BME is still dead.

At this point I probably tried updating it more than 20 times and it fails between 1% and the max I've seen is 26%.

I created a support ticket with Fanatec but wanted to check if anyone experienced this issue.

Thank you

• Justin JuneauJustin Juneau Member
    edited July 2020

I have the same exact issue as you except I'm on the DD1 w/ the Porsche GT3 wheel. I've spent days reverting drivers and firmwares, I even changed the podium hub out for another one with no luck of the BME being recognized. The BME flash process gets to ~15% sometimes and the highest I've seen is 70% but it always fails. I opened a support case 16 days ago and not a single word from anyone. Super pissed.

Tried different USB ports, different builds of Windows (currently on Win10 B2004). Something tells me the issue is with the BME and quality control.

• This is super crap and I’d expect better from a company that charges a premium price for these controllers - I don’t care how busy they are.

It’s a BIG concern for me should anything fail in the future + the constant beta driver ‘fixes’ and their slow periodicity.

• Absolutely!! They charge Apple prices but the support and quality control is non-existent. As a first time customer I am eyeballing other companies to do business with.

• I couldn't agree more. I'm so frustrated. They got back to me and they want me to ship the BME to have it fixed. With their speed I'm going to be without the BME for several weeks. At this point I would rather just have them ship me a new unit and I can return this one, but I have not heard back.

I've also been waiting for my pedals for months and it is impossible to get a response from the website team for when they will be shipped. I've had it with them and ended up buying a set of Tilton pedals from SimCraft and I will just sell my pedals on eBay whenever they show up.

• How much longer until we get firmware that works without any bugs? I have not updated since I got the BME on my pre-order because I had crazy jolts in game. The recent drivers caused some kind of weird jolting when i drove past a certain spot in game (specifically in raceroom usually). And after about 6 months on being with older drivers, it happened once during a race i was in last week...

I just dont get what's taking so long to get the bugs ironed out?

• Best to solve the jolts issue for now is to stay on the default screen of the DD Base. It is being worked on as far as I can say.

• Hey, guys. Really makes me nervous reading these posts.

I just got my DD1 back from repair today, and my Porsche Wheel (BME) gets back here on Monday. I do not want to go through another round of trying to get stuff repaired, and the daily email cycles.

So, is there a "SAFE" combination of drivers/firmware/Fanlab to use until things get stable? I'm willing to give up features for stability?

Or should I just use my old Formula wheel for everything and stay safe?

Thanks. Good luck, all

Buddy

• I've had no issues w/ my DD1 (yet) but if there is one thing that Fanatec absolutely sucks at developing it's the software/firmware for their products. My porsche wheel is sitting somewhere in an RMA dept. waiting to be fixed due to crappy software. Sorry man, I have no advice for you as I'm in a similar predicament.

• No major problems for me with this driver package. If you don't have a UHX you could even try driver 365, which comes with several fixes.

Just take your time updating all the firmwares and you should be good to go with your BME and Fanalab 1.23 :)

He can't use his BME with this driver.

• Any update on the CSL support (even beta)? This is absurd that we're having to wait this long with a completely non functional PMBE.

From what I understand there's not even a way to get the base button and screen functions of other wheels, right?

• edited July 2020

CSL will take some more months for sure.

Next is CSW first which will come soon, only then CSL will come (original CSL not even confirmed at this stage, only CSL PS4 is confirmed to get support).

And yes it's right that no buttons, Display or LEDs are working without proper support for the BME.

• Wow. I know Fanatec has been slammed but that's pretty pathetic. Shame on me for not reading all the fine print (and for believing what I did read). Suppose I'll be asking for a refund then :-\

Bummer as I was really looking forward to this! At least I have a nice alcantara wheel with the clubsport base 🤷‍♂️

• Hey guys, i got my BME couple days ago and installed all he drivers and able to get things to work. However, the BME will restart itself when driving in ACC and then the ITM is gone with only legacy mode enabled. Is this a known issue or is there a fix for this? I have flashed the test firmware and more pages for ITM showed up but the restart still happening. This issue made my 911 gt3+Phub+PBME combo pretty useless.

• Which version of Fanalab are you using? Is the ITM just gone and you can use the buttons etc?

• 1.24 beta. The itm is gone and buttons still work. Only legacy mode on the screen, no more pages.

• Does Fanalab crash by any chance? Do you use profiles for ACC?

This discussion has been closed.