Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD1

Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3

Driver Version:

• Base FW Version: 373
    • Motor FW Version: 674
    • Wheel FW Version: 13
    • FanaLab Version: 1.47

I uninstalled previous drivers and rebooted etc and got a clean, working install.

Am I right in assuming that the tire temp page on the BME is not working? Oddly, I get tire temps after leaving the pit, but they do not alter!

The first page on the BME appears to work fine, but other pages are often missing items - can someone let me know if this is normal?

If so, it will be awesome when it all does work!

• edited September 2020

Please see the ITM Feature PDF which is included in the Fanalab download to see which games support tire temp data or better which values are supported by which games.

I assume you have this issue with iRacing, which would be absolutely normal because iRacing just does not send tire Temps in real time through their Telemetry. No app on this planet can gather that information because iRacing actively blocks them.

So, no Fanalab issue.

• Beat me to it - I was going to add 'or is it just iracing?'. Thank you very much!

• Does iRacing send tyre pressures in the telemetry. Marurice? If so, that would be a good proxy for temps.

• BTW, unless the green ticks mean that a feature isn't supported by a sim, then the ITM feature pdf suggests that IR does support telemetry for tyre pressures, which is what threw me, Maurice.

• It's only supports Tyre data the Telemetry sends, and iRacing only sends tire Temps when tyres are changed in the pits, not in real time. So nothing Fanalab can send jn real time when iRacing does not send this info.

• edited September 2020

No, only tyre temp is a feature of Fanalab, not pressures

• Fair point, but I did "reading in the forum", so when my question and fix are back to back, move on. It's not your job to be here, so don't take it so seriously.

• Not sure is this is a ACC issue or the Fanatec.

When going from race to race both online & offline.

The vibrations in the wheel when heavy braking goes awaym

At present the only fix is to restart my wheel before the race starts

So for example before a race start I would power down & up again my wheel so I can feel the vibrations.

I can't tell you if this happens with the old/official driver & at some stage I may give it ago .

PS4 on beta driver new fanatec kit approximately 1-2 month old

• Maurice, thanks very much, the updates are a big improvement and bug free here, then, apart from known issues.

• Thanks for the suggestions. I used 6 different USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 now, no difference. I disabled every standby option. I am sure it is not an USB-port issue. I think i have the same issue that some formula wheels with the APM have. When the wheel froze, I saw in Fanalab that the wheelbase and the pedals were still active devices but not the f1 wheel anymore. I went back to an odler driver now and installed the wheel firmware I found in the Forum where most had the same issues.

• edited September 2020

Clubsport 2.5 detected in WRC 9 (pc) but no input works until i restart the wheel base (while the game is open) but i wont have any FFB at all. Im not sure if its driver related but reckon it wont hurt to post it here as well.

Tried 3.74, 3.73 and 3.28. Same issue on all three. Tho, ive used the included wheel base firmware for each driver but always kept motor firmware 22.. I'll try 18 and 20 to see if that makes a difference.

• edited September 2020

Anyone experienced a change of FFB feel in iRacing switching from 372 to 373 (DD2)? I have the impression that is it smoother, but not in a positive way - it feels less informative than before. Is it recommended to change something in the in-wheel settings?

(I did not uninstall drivers first, just updated from driver package 372 to 373 directly)

• edited September 2020

FFB is the exact same on 372, 373 and 374 because only change from 372 to 373 was removal of WQR update, nothing else. So must be the typical placebo.

• Oke my rumble on the brake pedal doesnt work anymore also from my steering wheel v2 that was with driver version 373

i updated yo driver 374 that also not worked even on the pc the rumble tests even work when i click on that buttons

i returned to 365 with that everything was oke for now

by driver 374 was writed fixed vibration steering wheel v2 but for me it doesnt work on that driver

what is now the best to do or somebody else have the same problem with 374

greetings jeroen

• Where is beta 374 i only see 372/373 in the beta driver menu.

Also when should we be expecting any type of new official driver ?

• Driver 374 is the same as 372 and 373 with the only change of support for the WRC wheel.

• Okay thanks

• Hi there Im new to fanatec and I just got my DD2 this month. After I installed this driver and did a FW update for wheel base, I put my formula v2 wheel back in, it prompted me to do a FW update on the steering wheel so I clicked okay, and then FW update window showed up but in a second or two it automatically closed after a seem to be successful connection. At this time, my DD2 display turned black and wheel start to vibrate and it keeps like this for minutes. I have to resolve this by turning off the DD2 and reinstall the lower version 352_beta driver. Any suggestion on how I can solve this and use the latest driver? Thx!

• Another thing is after i installed this beta and did FW update but i want to go back to older driver such as 346, it tells me i cant coz i need "352 and above", does this mean if i update the FW to a higher version and i wont be able to use some old drivers?

• DD2 + Formula V2 + APM + Inv V3 + Fanalab V1.47

Another Formula V2 wheel freeze today, please help:

Thx.

• You should contact the support to get base and/or wheels repaired or replaced, sounds more like a hardware issue for you because Freezes are fixed with this driver and Firmwares, if someone still has freezing issues then it's a broken hardware.

• Windows property page hangs. Causes games to freeze and not load if plugged in. This has started happening since the latest windows update. Works fine on my other pc with an older version of windows. Even done a clean install of windows, tried various beta versions. No luck. It is 100% a driver issues. Please can you fix.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...CSL Elite PS4
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....Xbox Universal Hub
    • Driver Version: ....v373 now with a clean install, was v328
    • Base FW Version: ....v328
    • Motor FW Version: ....v328
    • Wheel FW Version: ....v328
    • FanaLab Version: ....Not using

• Maybe try the firmwares which are included with driver 373? its never a good idea to use a new driver but stay on old firmware.

• edited September 2020

Hello.

For many months I experienced constant freezes on my DD2, Formula V2 and Podium Advanced Paddle.

After updating the 372 driver I continued with the freezes and got the same answers on the forum and support, which "could" (no one is sure about anything) be a hardware problem.

As I was the first to report the problem after the new driver and firmwares, I was in doubt if it could even be hardware and continued to follow the forum and to my surprise several other users after me complain about the same freezing problem, so everyone also has problems in their hardware.

After a lot of thinking I managed to solve my problem more than 01 month ago.

I sold all my Fanatec equipment and bought a Simucube 2 Ultimate, Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals and a Cube Controls Formula CSX2 steering wheel.

Since then I am extremely happy and satisfied, without any problems.

The forum staff are always very kind, attentive and are always ready to help.

But paying dearly for a Fanatec and going through problems that make us sad and upset is not worth it.

Here's the tip.

Good luck.

• Fanatec could really benefit from a better customer service with regards to timely responses etc I'm sure most will agree. The wait in between responses are way too long leading to disgruntled customers. If it is they are swamped with work or whatever then they need to increase customer service staff to service, please and keep customers. Surely they are doing good sales from all indications and can afford to so do. Too many customers are complaining and that is their #1 complaint. Let's hope they are listening or at least someone is telling them. Sim racing equipment is much too expensive for customers to be going through this kind of headache time and again.

• I had to wipe out and reinstall Windows and I had to install all of my Fanatec drivers when I open the property page my wheelbase is there but when I click on property it won’t open. I uninstall and reinstall it numerous of time same thing nothing. But fanalab recognizes all of my gear have all of my settings. My universal hub shows the latest update and my wheel, pedals and shifter works. Here is the attachment of what it’s saying. What am I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance

• That’s a driver issue since forever. You can try another USB port. Otherwise there is no solution.

• hello... i have a question reg throttle rumble

im on 373 with all drivers updated.

test function on both brakes and throttle wont work

BMI works tho

i noticed if i rapidly press the test function for both they try to start spinning then stop after 1/8 turn.

i hooked my pedals to my friends VIA USB and the rumble motor works fine.

what are my options?

thanks

• Update on wheel freezing Podium Wheelbase DD1 / Podium Racing Wheel F1 (PS4):

Symptoms: Wheel functions freeze (display freezes, button inputs don't respond) while racing in iRacing, usually happens after 20-40 minutes of driving using a car that has strong force feedback. The issue has happened every time I've done a 45 minute race, roughly 8 times in a row. I am using Fanatec's recommended settings: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/653/iracing-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings/p1

Once the issue appears, it will happen frequently until I let the wheel sit for a long time. Restarting the the wheel base, removing and reattaching the wheel, restarting the PC do not seem to "clear" the issue - I would guess this tends to indicate some kind of heat issue, i.e. some electronic element in the wheel rim is getting hot and needs time to cool down before it works properly again.

Fixes that have not worked:

• Uninstalled/Reinstalled beta 373 drivers, re-flashed all associated firmware
    • Switched to a different PC (still using latest version of Windows 10)
    • Moved USB to a dedicated PCI USB 3.0 card

Attempted fixes that have not been verified to work (yet):

• Clubsport V1 pedals plugged directly into PC via USB instead of into the back of the wheelbase
    • Reverted to the official (non-beta) drivers and associated firmware (version 334)

The only issue I have with the 334 drivers is that they don't seem to have the interpolation (INT) setting, so the wheel feels a little notchy as a result. Livable if the thing stops dying on me.

Hopefully this is useful for someone else troubleshooting this issue.

A wild guess of mine is that having pedals plugged into the wheelbase instead of directly into the PC is related to the issue. If I don't have trouble with this setup I'll update to the latest beta drivers and see if it returns.

This discussion has been closed.