Fanatec Driver 439 (Public Release) (435-437 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Still wondering if the issue is the 8nm booster or the wheel base/motor electronics, or firmware. Hard to tell until support gets back to me on the open ticket. I am nervous about the support wait times as others have complained about that.

• Varun DesaiVarun Desai Member
    edited March 2022

So there's been at least 4 other people that was reported half-a-second disconnects mid corner. I have never experienced these issues before.

So I have checked that the wheel is firmly connected to the wheelbase.

Soooo do I still RMA? It seems so serendipitous that others are reporting the same issue as I am.

• I've solved it myself for the time being, so I'll report it.

I don't know if it's limited to my operating status.

It was connected to the USB 2.0 type-A "" Hi-Speed "" on the front side of the PS5, but change the connection to USB type-A 3.1 (USB 3.2 Gen 2 / Superspeed + USB) on the back side. As a result, it has been improved from the symptom that the connection and communication between PS5 and wheelbase are disconnected.

For your reference…….

• :Podium DD1 F1 for PS5 / PS4

:driver: 439

:Base: 691

:Motor: 42

:MCL GT3 V2: 44

:FanaLab 1.61.3

MCL GT3 v2 high torque mode is used. In my case it is the above firmware version but it is enabled.

• Thats interesting. Is it automatically in high torque or do you set it up somewhere? For me it was automatically but now I just get the message that high torque is disabled to prevent damage. Im using the metal QR though.

• Yes. Of course, I am replacing it with a metal QR.

After setting the McL GT3 V2 steering to DD1

High torque mode when the power is turned on Press the button after the Caution screen to switch to high torque as usual.

• Gone very quiet in here from a development perspective considering all the live bugs!

• It goes like that just before a new release 😁

• So… I just received my DD Pro and I‘m having the same problem. DD Pro was recognized in Driver 439 but than driver crashed. After crash DD Pro is not recognized anymore just like my CSL Elite for PS4. So the driver may work with these wheel bases but not with my Win 7 64Bit system. Reinstalled 436. Similar to CSL Elite for PS4 my DD Pro is instantly recognized

• edited March 2022

Windows 7 is not supported anymore since over 2 years by Fanatec Drivers, only Windows 10 and Windows 11 are supported.

• well... it worked until 436. But good to know. Thank you!

• In the latest Driver & Firmware Instruction Manual there is NOTHING said about. Which is making me very upset because between posting my comment about my new DD Pro and Driver 439 and your comment I tried to update my firmware an it crashed. Now my DD Pro is not going through the whole starting process, is not reacting to anything and not working anymore. What now?!

• Loukas ZonasLoukas Zonas Member
    edited March 2022

Driver 439 is the best for csl elite ps4 at this moment on windows 10 ?

• Strange to read here that there are problems with the 439 driver. I have the DD2 with FW 691/42 and I have no problems. No disconnects or anything. But I also have to say that I play on PC and then only WRC10 and Dirt Rally 2.0.

• Thanks to a clever guy in another discussion there was a solution to solve this problem. Anyways Fanatec should definitely add a hint on their website and inside the driver/ firmware manual that Win 10/11 is required.

Maybe some of the similar problems mentioned in this discussion are related to Win 7 or 8 as this driver seems to be the first one really not working properly on old Win systems (at least on my system)...

• what configuration do you use on the steering wheel and play in wrc10? it is impossible to drive or I have not found the way and it is very frustrating, because I love this game

• Which firmware for the CSL DD 8nm?

439 says 1.1.4.5 is new but we had a test FW that was 1.1.5.4 a while back which I'm using now.

• I use the following settings:

On Wheel:

SEN: 540

FFB: 60%

FFS: Peak

NDP: 25

NFR: 15

NIN: 5

INT: 3

FEI: 50

FOR, SPR and DPR: 100

Break Force: 15

in Game Settings I use default settings. Ground Surface only 150%

The settings will certainly be too hard for some players. On the other hand, I'd rather feel a little more. Gives me more control over the car.

• So on continuous medium-high speed corners, when you lose the front end do you feel it?

• Unfortunately not always, but it's better than when the wheel is set too soft.

• The Driver on Website 439 is a beta version?

What is the last not beta?

• 439 is NOT beta, its the latest stable official driver.

• Hello everyone,

Trying to help a friend solve some issues on his DD1

I have a DD2 with button module endurance with APM (works flawlessly without issues on latest driver/firmware)

He has a brand new DD1 which he has just received with a formula V2.5x and APM

Running the lastest driver/firmware

His issue is after joining a session in iracing after a period of time (sometimes 10 minutes sometimes over an hour) he will start losing shifts and all button presses on the wheel will be delayed, until they stop working completely. Sometimes sitting in the pits for 2 minutes will get them working again

We have tried various driver/firmware's

installed his wheel base onto my pc (shows the same issue)

changed from USB3 to USB 2 on his machine

tried my formula black spare wheel that i have (shows exact same issue)

updated to windows 11 - updated bios and all other drivers (same issue)

when his base was connected to my pc we used my Usb cables and power supply.

we have literally tried everything under the sun to try resolve the issue with no luck, its really frustrating for him as he's wanted fanatec gear ever since he tested mine and now sits with this issue and is unable to compete in any online race for fear of losing gear shifts half way through.

is this possibly a known issue ? is there possibly a firmware in development we could try to resolve the isssue ?

I had a similar experience with my button module endurance with APM where i would lose gearshifts and after posting on the forum i was sent a test firmware to install which solved my issue. (about 1.5 years ago) and has been great ever since

It has to be an issue in the wheel base as it has the same problem with a different wheel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

• IGood afternoon, in version 437 I was able to view the application in its entirety.

I installed the 439 today, and I can't see the application in its entirety. They may fix this in the next version.

I use 1366x768 resolution, I can't increase it any further.

• i am on 415 and 686 on dd1 fanalab 1.57.4 and have no issues

is it ok to update?

for windows 10 what is the best way to update driver and firmware?

Uninstall everything and clean install everything?

if yes how do i uninstall drivers?

Thanks in advance

• Hi Maurice

To throw my hat in I also have this problem and have done for some time.

I restart the wheel base every race, however if i forget, I’m in the barrier mid race, 1st to 18th in a few seconds ahhhh, makes me remember to restart next time thou.

I don’t believe this is hardware related, it only seems to appear in GT Sport and GT7

• The 439 driver is better.

the easiest way is an update. Download the 439 driver and then just update it. I do that every time and no problems with it.

You can also uninstall the old driver before, but it's not necessary.

When downgrading to an older driver, the current driver is uninstalled first.

• edited March 2022

Hello guys.

I have a problem , well sort of.

I can update and tune all my Fanatec gear through the 434 Driver. But everything seems "not found" through 439 Driver. Even my brand new DD pro wheelbase that came yesterday.

At home i use an old windows 7 Toshiba laptop. Could that be the cause?

Also even with 434 or some older Drivers i can not manage to update my CSL elite LC pedals from 1.09 to 1.10 firmware.

Could windows 10 be the solution ? I think i saw somewhere in the forum that Last driver packages work better/only through Windows 10.

Also what about Windows 11 ? Is the 11 version safe for updating etc ?

Thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.