Fanatec Driver 439 (Public Release) (435-437 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi there,

Just updated to 439 and Fanalab 1.63 - thanks for your conitnued efforts with this development.

No real issues identified so far in fact I think I find the sticky shifts I had have now gone. I did notice something strange today and not sure if it was there before.

It seems like there is just a subtle constant vibration coming from the wheel vibration motors. Even with the PC off, I can shut down the base and as soon as I power it up again this subtle vibration is back.

I have tried turning shock vibration on/off, PC on/off, doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this normal?

DD2 with formula v2.5 rim and CSW Magnetic Shifters - Firmware details below:

Wheel Base: 691

Wheel Base Motor: 42

Steering Wheel: 44

WQR: 6

Many thanks,

Mike

• Hi Marcel, thank you very much for your atention.

Responding to your querie:

1) cant tell because the system freezes so bad that I cannot access anything, just bring the <ctrl-alt-del> menu and choose "End Session" . Windows is totaly locked, either that or a "cold-reboot".

2) not totaly sure, but 99,9% not - Its possible, but it would make no sense going to game/race with the driver open... but maybe, would have to try it and be alert on that.

3) didnt try entering the games (ACC, R3E, AMS2) without the wheel on... so the problems always arised with the base ON

Must say Im using the wheel with the v.356 driver and most recent firmwares and it feels awsome. Of course for sure i must be losing features(?) (cant access SET_1....SET_5 in the wheel for example...) but the wheel works great...(knock on wood) . And the A_SET and C_SET is an excelent step to simplicity. Thank you Fanatec!

Hope you can help me. If you need any details on my system or any other information please give a shout.

Thank you so much

JP Miranda

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): CS Formula 2.5X
    • Driver Version: 439
    • Base FW Version: 691
    • Motor FW Version: 42
    • Wheel FW Version: 44

After upgrading the Driver to 439 I just had an Issue with my pedals losing connection. I use CSP V3 Pedals connected to the WB. They lost input mid race. Both, game and driver did not show any input. Issue was resolved by restarting the base but I wouldn't want to experience this in any sort of competitive race. Hasn't been happening to me with any driver version before V439.

• for 3) it sounds like you are in Basic mode and not Standard. If you change it, you will get Set_1 etc back

• true, but with the (working) driver V. 356 I'm using, there is no Basic/Standard mode to choose.

It's possible hoewever to choose, via driver, the Set_1 to 5 although in the wheel base they would correspond to Set_A to set_3 (five sets A, C, 1,2 and 3 available). But not in the wheel, just Set_A and Set_C, which is fine with me, as long it works in-games

• Thanks so much for the update! Has anyone tested this latest driver with Forza Horizon 5 yet? Wondered if this one is worth upgrading to from older versions that currently work with the game? Thanks in advance!

• As long as the game did not fixed it with a game Patch no new driver will work, no.

• Hi guys I got the latest driver 439 and I went into update the firmware and started with the csl dd wheelbase firmware which worked perfectly but the wheelbase motor firmware will not update I have checked all the cables and uninstalled and re-installed drives I have checked other forums for any similar problems and was unable to find a fix does anyone know what to do now is there a way to manually update it 

• Isn't there a little "check" box on the top right of the Fanatec Control Panel to manually update?

• Speaking of FH5, I noticed Playground Games recently marked and moved the ‘Fanatec wheel crash issue’ as being resolved on their Support issues site(listed as resolved per the 2/1/22 patch). They did this without actually resolving anything on that patch and no note mentioned it. Given just last week the issue was still open, except this ‘retroactive change’ I am weary of it all.

• Crash - Using Fanatec Wheels may cause the game to crash for some players (Date:02.01.22)

So either they quietly gave up on resolving wheel support for us, or are possible incapable to understand the issue?

Not sure if you can reach out on behalf of Fanatec and have a discussion? Just tested again last night after noticing the change and crashing still rampant.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Thanks for the info, I want to get in contact with them again and then it would be helpful if I could tell them the exact:

• Hardware
    • Driver
    • Situation in game

Of people still having the issue.

In the meantime we'll give it another try ourselves.

• edited February 2022

Thanks, really appreciate looking into it.

My hardware:

• Hardware: DD2, V3 pedals, multiple wheels tried from the V2.5x to the Porsche + Podium Button Endurance. All have same result.
    • Driver: Issue has been the same through multiple driver updates from whatever driver was current last November -> Beta Driver 437(going to update to 439 shortly and test again, but cannot imagine anything changing)
    • Situation: Wheel will work in both PC and Comp Mode, but either way a few minutes into playing the game freezes while the music continues and requires a manual shutdown through task manager to end it. The crash can occur at any time, but typically will often always occur before or after an event race during the cutscene. Rarely can you experience the game longer than 10 minutes due to this issue. Other wheel users don't seem to have the issue, and in researching a fix, it impacts every Fanatec user seemingly on PC.

Should note that the issue does not seem to happen on Xbox(or at least from what I have briefly tested), and rather only on PC(I am using the W10 store version, but Steam users have same problem.

• My experience matches Brandon's above.

Hardware: PC, DD1, CSL Elite, SQ v 1.5

Driver: All up through v434, which is what is installed now because I'm not experiencing any issues otherwise and don't want to upgrade further until necessary.

Situation: Same as Brandon: Game freezes during cutscenes after races or after 10 or so minutes of free roam. Windows Store install.

Thanks, Playground now also asked for Xbox gamertags because they can see some amount of telemetry logs. You can send it to me in a private message.

They also ask if any third party software is running which might hook up to the game.

Thanks, Playground now also asked for Xbox gamertags because they can see some amount of telemetry logs. You can send it to me in a private message.

They also ask if any third party software is running which might hook up to the game.

what was the lowest driver version you've tried?

The WQR was deactivated last year when the CSL DD launched. If you want to update the WQR to v6 then you need to use a driver with version number lower than 400. I'm attaching one below.

1. remove the currently installed driver
    2. install the older driver
    3. flash WQR
    4. install the new driver again

Which base?

Which steering wheel?

PC or which console?

Which game?

Do you get an error message or what happens when the update doesn't work?

At which stage of the procedure does it not work?

Regarding manual update, there is a checkbox in the top right of the firmware manager

• When entering a game menu while driving in some games it can happen that the FFB effect doesn't get cancelled which results in the wheel turning to one side.

Disappointed that this issue, which is a new issue since 429 hasn't been resolved. What is the timeframe on it?

Cant understand why it isn't easily found and fixed given its so new in the development process??

• Hi Marcel and Fanatec developers,

Need your support here and commitment to get this issue solved. After update my DD2 / Porsche Wheel Podium when playing RF2 and moving in between sessions or retuning to the boxes and get into the track again I'm experience those reactions:

1) FFB force is getting lower

2) Car reacts like a broken or loose steering box

What I did so far:

1) Update the wheel SW to 436 and now to 439

2) Set DPR off

My current device setup and configuration:

• Fanatec DD2
    • Porsche Podium Wheel
    • PC driver 439
    • Wheel base 691
    • Wheel base motor 42
    • Steering Wheel HUB 6
    • Bottom Module 20
    • Wireless QR 6

All my researches are showing a huge number of Fanatec users that are facing the same issues across the platform (doesn't matter the base) reporting issues since 2018. I saw posts of users sharing their frustration and actions taken such reset the PC, re-install the game, change base settings and none of those actions change the output. What I read as well that this issue belongs to Studio397 but for me this issue belongs to them and Fanatec as well because if not sorted out Fanatec users will start look for different brands and also will create a bad reputation for Fanatec as a brand.

Keep saying that the issue is being worked or pointing to the game developer will not change the output, so my understating that Fanatec need to take the lead and report properly to the entire Fanatec community how its progressing and also define dates and owners. Sorry about my frustration but this is the minimum expected if you spend thousand of dollars in a company that don't provide or drive issues reported properly.

Thanks.

Valdir

• Hi,

maybe it's not a driver issue b/c I have same problem in RaceRoom and I'm using v. 356 (see my previous posts)

I must say I never had that problem before, only after I updated the firmwares to the latest that came with driver 436 (this driver crashes ACC /Windows 10 so I rolled back to 356)

DD1, Formula V2 wheel

• I initially downgraded to v356 which solved the issue, but no driver version later than that works. Recent Fanalab updates no longer worked with v356 though so I'm unwilling to stay on it for just FH5.

So for some reason, v356 and before work, something changed in the driver after that version.

• Dear Fanatec support-Team,

what about an answer to Michels question from February 21? (see below)

I have similar issues (but instead of PC with PS5). I´ve read al lot about these symptoms from other users. But up to now no answers from you.

Thanks.

Frank

"Hi there,

Just updated to 439 and Fanalab 1.63 - thanks for your conitnued efforts with this development.

No real issues identified so far in fact I think I find the sticky shifts I had have now gone. I did notice something strange today and not sure if it was there before.

It seems like there is just a subtle constant vibration coming from the wheel vibration motors. Even with the PC off, I can shut down the base and as soon as I power it up again this subtle vibration is back.

I have tried turning shock vibration on/off, PC on/off, doesn't seem to make a difference. Is this normal?

DD2 with formula v2.5 rim and CSW Magnetic Shifters - Firmware details below:

Wheel Base: 691

Wheel Base Motor: 42

Steering Wheel: 44

WQR: 6

Many thanks,

Mike"

• Subtle vibrations are normal, it's not the vibration motors from the steering wheel but it's normal noise coming from the motor itself and is normal.

• Hi Maurice,

o.K. thanks a lot for your very fast reaction.

P.S. i´m a new fanatec customer. An i like an enjoy your products very much!

Frank

• Thanks Maurice, appreciate the feedback.

• it is to simulate car vibrations at idle...

This discussion has been closed.