Fanatec Driver 439 (Public Release) (435-437 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• No problems either with my boosted CSL DD.

• Kring JanglesKring Jangles Member
    edited March 2022

What cable you using? Many USB-C cables do NOT work for data, e.g. apple cables don’t work for example and many others that are designed just for charging and missing the right internal pins and wires. Using a USB-C cable like apples will let you see the wheelbase in the driver so it appears to work fine, but it will NOT let you do a firmware update. The error on the wheelbase you get is the blue light blinking (on DD PRO) instead of the pulsing through all colors that you would see if firmware is writting.

• edited March 2022

I have a CSL DD and have read about the FFB loss issue and now have experienced it also but luckily just once in ACC. Mine happened mid corner. Never had it before, maybe 439 related?

• I'm having issues with the PBME as well. The display locks up mid race and I have to reset the base to fix it which mean I must exit the Sim and restart it. Only started with the new beta release.

• Just updated driver to latest version 439. My CSW Elite cannot be found. I followed instructions:

Power On? Check. Connected? Check. PC Mode? Check. So tried to repair - didn‘t help. I removed and install again - didn’t help. I removed the driver, downloaded driver installation files again, installed again - didn’t help.

Installing previous version instantly recognized my hardware again.

Where to send created log files?

• i think there are some instructions at the top of this thread.

• Thanks!

Just updated driver to latest version 439. My CSW Elite cannot be found. I followed instructions:

Power On? Check. Connected? Check. PC Mode? Check. So tried to repair - didn‘t help. I removed and install again - didn’t help. I removed the driver, downloaded driver installation files again, installed again - didn’t help.

Installing previous version 436 instantly recognized my hardware again.

• Wheel Base Model: CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4
    • Steering Wheel(s): Podium Hub + Podium Button Module Endurance, ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2, CSL Elite Wheel P1 for PS4, ClubSport BMW GT2 V2 (tried all of them)
    • Driver Version 439

• Have you any updates for us on the issues ongoing Marcel?

• I have the same issue from time to time with 439. My temporarly solution is to uninstall the driver->restart pc->unplug any Fanatec device->install the driver->restart pc->plug in all Fanatec devices.

The driver 439 is horrible unstable and when he lost the base it is the only way to get it recognized again.

• Nope. Didn’t work. But thanks for your try to help anyway

• I went back to driver 434 and problem solved. I can actually finish races again. looks like 439 has a disconnection issue.

• edited March 2022

Sorry I missed this earlier. I checked again and it looks like the fix needs you to open the fanatec control panel after a reboot. At least I know I can do it this way now :-)

With 437. Boot up pc and login to windows. Turn on wheel. Reboot PC. Start up iRacing. Check to see if shifter works -> NO. Leave iRacing up and drop back to desktop (Alt-enter or alt-tab). Open fanatec control panel. Now the sequential shifter works in both the control panel and in iRacing.

• 437 is outdated by now, try if it's working better with 439.

• Helo, before RMA be sure to guarantee the wheel is firmly! connected to the base. In my case the QR rubber is not enough for some reason so I use the screw. I also used to have random, very very inconvenient failures mid-race. I guess the rumble etc disconnected the contacts hence the havoc.

Cheers

• edited March 2022

Just tested 439 and it is the same behavior. The setting is not applied after a restart, or unless I power cycle the wheel or open the fanatec control panel. Not a major issue though.

• Stuart LeesStuart Lees Member
    edited March 2022

I agree, I also have a CSL DD and on two occasions the FFB was lost, only briefly - maybe half a second, in F1 2021. Steering was maintained as far as i remember, on driver 439, not experienced with any other driver since 423 and may hours of use :)

• Is there any update to the beta or 439???

My wheel is again, locking and getting stops of functions during gameplay... It´s getting anoying and im in final races of some championships... and im just praying to my wheel dont stops in the middle of a race...

DD F1 Podium, Gran Turismo Sport... Again... same problem...

Come on guys... Do a stablished firmware... Please....

• edited March 2022

When a Wheel looses connection and therefore looses functionality it's a hardware Disconnect issue where you should contact the support.

This is no Firmware issue and therefore cant be fixed with any new update.

And no, as no new driver thread was created there is obviously no new update.

• Hello Maurice ,

I have the same Problem like Hugo Santos ,i dont know what it is but its not good for a Wheel in this price Categorie .Please resolve ouer pro

blems with this Wheel

DD1 PS4

• I had the same annoying issue and went back to 434 and problem solved. I can finish races without the temporary disconnection.

• K. 知樹K. 知樹 Member
    edited March 2022

Hello 

Podium DD1 F1 for PS5 / PS4

driver: 439

Base: 691

Motor: 42

MCL GT3 V2: 44

Formula V2: 44

FanaLab 1.61.3

When I recently switched the base to PS5 / PS4 setting mode and played on PS5 like everyone else, the wheelbase connection, function and FFB signal were suddenly lost while playing GT7 / GTS / ACC. It will be. (Power is not lost) It seems to come out in about 10 to 20 minutes from the start.

It returns to normal by switching the input or restarting the base, but the FFB signal is completely interrupted after a certain period of time. The symptoms do not change even with PS5 / PS4 COMP settings ... Here is some information. As a future measure, please share information or verify the operation with everyone involved!

* In my usage environment, this series of symptoms is a problem only for PS5.

There is no problem with PCs such as iRacing, rF2, AMS2, AC and ACC. The FFB signal is quite normal without any interruptions.

• Base Model (product ID): Podium DD 1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): McLaren GT3 v2
    • Driver Version: 439
    • Base FW Version: 691
    • Motor FW Version: 42
    • Wheel FW Version: 44
    • FanaLab Version: 1.63

After Wheel Base Firmware Update from 689 to 691 Im not able to use my McLaren GT3 v2 wheel in high torque mode. Flashed back to 689 and it is working now.

• I've added a metal QR on my steering wheel WRC. I plugged in my Podium DD F1 and it is in Low torque mode. I thought that the metal QR allowed the use of high torque.

Did Someone happen the same? I think is an issue in the latest firmware.

• Base Model (product ID): Podium DD 1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): WRC
    • Driver Version: 439
    • Base FW Version: 691
    • Motor FW Version: 42
    • Wheel FW Version: 4
  • edited March 2022

As clearly stated in the Product page of the WRC wheel: "The QR1 Lite Wheel-Side is not compatible with Podium Wheel Bases. High Torque Mode is NOT accessible on Podium wheel bases using this wheel, even when using the QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter). "

So, no, it's not an issue in the latest firmware.

• DD Pro crashing/powering off randomly after upgrade to 439

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...GT_DD_PRO__WB_US
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....GT_SW_PRO
    • Driver Version: ....439
    • Base FW Version: ....1.1.5.4
    • Motor FW Version: ....1.0.2.2
    • Wheel FW Version: ....7
    • FanaLab Version: ....N/A
    • Tuning Menu settings ....Tried standard and advanced, default and custom all fail
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else? ....C

Brand new DD Pro bundle (8nm, csl pedals, shifter). Running on PS5.

Unit was working fine day1, ran GT7 on PS5 for several hours.

Installed PC driver software to calibrate the shifter, upgraded to 439 (did not note what the previous factory version was).

After upgrade both GT7 (PS5 mode) and F12021 (PS5 compatibility mode) wheel base powers off randomly. Completely unusable. Happens every few min. Sometimes it reboots, sometimes it powers off. Turn the unit back on and will connect, then almost immediately powers off/crashes.

Tried version 343, same issue.

Am unable to get it working, was not sure how far to go back on FW as I did not note what came with the until before upgrading to 439.

video attached

• There are no known PS disconnect issues, so it more sounds like a hardware issue and you should better contact the support.

• Chuck BellChuck Bell Member
    edited March 2022

I think I figured it out. I may have a bad 8nm booster. I switched to the original power supply and all is working!!!

• Hugo CasteloHugo Castelo Member
    edited March 2022

Hello,

Can I update the load cell pedal when are connect to wheel base csl dd pro?  Firmware: CSL P LCK: 1.60

Or i need usb cable? In the fanatec video they use the USB cable.

• No, Pedals can only be updated with a direct USB connection to the PC.

This discussion has been closed.