Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hey,

it is my first Post (and my first problem since I have Fanatec). I have updated to this Firmware, but I don´t have Force Feedback anymore for Xbox Series X. Is there any known issue?

I have tried to downgrade firmware, but during this process, my wheel is in Xbox mode and cannot downgrade. I also can not bring it PC mode. Downgrade for base is working, but I can not use the wheel anymore to put it in PC Mode.

Is there any option to bring the wheel to PCMode? Is there also an option to downgrade the wheel manualy?

Thanks for Help :-)

If my question is not correctly placed to this discussion, then sorry for that.

• I have the same issue. Can only get my CSL DD Pro (8nm) to be detected in Comp Mode CSW v2.5 after 450 update (also had the same issue with 448 beta before, and lost PC mode after the upgrade).

Any way I can fix it? And how to revert back to stable 447? I updated to 450 only as I thought it will fix the PC Mode issue, but it didn't. Also during the firmware upgrade, it asked me to change to PC Mode and click next. I did, then click next, but it failed.

Thanks in advance.

• Reverted everything to 447. Same with firmware. No luck with PC mode anyway. Only Comp Mode is working. PS modes are getting detected by the Control panel, but PC Mode is not working at all.

• I'm reading this for long time now, when will we have a fix for this? CSL DD user here...

• When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
    • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)

Thanks!

• You had us waiting for a firmware version until the end of the year, and now, only 2 months later, are you hinting that it might not come out this year? The truth is that I feel disgusted.

• edited March 2023

Nobody ever said the CSL DD FW issues will be resolved until the end of 2022.

It was always said that its high on the prio list but no exact ETA was ever given.

However, its still on the list with high prio and work is ongoing but unfortunately just no ETA yet for when exactly the fixes might be ready.

• Hello Fanatec, hello Maurice,

I have a question about updating my DD1 Base. I operate the base with a third-party steering wheel (Ascher) with the Podium Hub. The steering wheel itself is connected to the PC via USB. Now the instructions for updating the firmware for the base state that after an update the base is in xBox mode and then has to be changed back to PC Mudus. This is usually done with a key combination on the respective steering wheel. Of course, this is not possible with the third-party steering wheel, since in this case no data runs via the hub. How do you get the base, if it goes into xBox mode during the update, then back into PC mode (i.e. without using a Fanantec steering wheel)?

Thanks,

Wolle

• edited March 2023

The pop-up says that the Base will reboot in..Xbox mode when a Xbox compatible steering wheel is attached. The Podium Hub however is not Xbox compatible. Therefore the Base will not suddenly Start in Xbox mode after updating the firmware. It will stay in PC mode.

• Hey, don't know if it's just me, but after some windows update, the Fanatec mobile app icon disappeared from tray, it's working, it shows in task manager and it actually works but the icon is missing...

I had a month old image of my system, I tried to put it back and the icon showed again, after windows update icon disappeared again...

Not a big deal, just to let you know...

• edited March 2023

Thanks, we also already noticed this that the Tray icon is not showing after installing latest Windows 11 cumulative update (aka Moment 2 update).

It's under investigation if we need to fix something or if Microsoft needs to fix this (as they also introduced the issue with that cumulative update).

• shifter is still not working in h pattern ive have re updated 4 times now and re calibrated my shifter each time my shifter is connected to my dd2 my the port in the back please fix this

• To which Port on the back of the DD2 do you have the Shifter connected?

What exactly is "not working"?

• h pattern mode. sq mode works just fine and i have it plugged into the shifter 2 port

• edited March 2023

Well, that's a classical user error then because that's exactly your issue.

Please have a look at the Quick Guide and the manual.

H-Pattern does NOT work in Shifter Port 2. Only Port 1 is supposed to be used for H-Pattern.

So... Nothing for Fanatec to fix here.

• Fanatec should consider labelling these ports "H/SQ" & "SQ Only". That would resolve this common mistake. Even if users have read the manual, if the rig gets dismantled later on it's easy to forget which does which. Labelling the Ports with the function rather than a meaningless number is much more user friendly.

• They could have done this during the development 5 years ago, Yeah.

But not possible for already existing products so the customer will need to have a look into the Quick Guide or manual if he is unsere which Port is for which Shifter feature.

Also, alone by Intuition when a product has more than one Port for one device I would always go for a Port 1 and never for a Port 2..

• Wheel Base Model - DD1 PS4/5
    • Steering Wheel Model - F1 V2
    • Driver Version: 450
    • Base FW Version: whatever it is for 450
    • Motor FW Version: whatever it is for 450
    • Wheel FW Version: whatever it is for 450
    • FanaLab Version: Don't use
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: Yes

Updated to 450 yesterday, had one error when it was updating the steering wheel, deleted driver 450 and reinstalled it, finished updating to 450, wheelbase, steering wheel, V3 pedals, all were updated.

For ACC PS5, works very well, no issues, was having issues prior to the update, would not shift at some point and I would have to restart the wheelbase, thankfully that is fixed.

GT7 now getting weird feedback, will be driving and then the car seems to lose steering input and the feedback changes. Has happened three times now. Have to exit and re-enter track.

Thanks Steve

• I just updated to 450 and base updated to 3.0.1.4 just fine. But now that I try to update my wheels CSW RS and CSW Formula V2 they won't update and both open immediately to the following window and the DD1 screen goes black and nothing happens. Tried complete re-install of 450 drivers again and removing every trace of Fanatec from Device Manager but no avail.

Anything that I can try to fix this?

• First time when I tried I used USB Hub on the second try I plugged them directly to the computer, but that didn't help

• odd... its worked in H-Pattern mode in port 2 before this update thank you sorry if i came off as rude

• Stephen WayStephen Way Member
    edited March 2023

I use my own labelling system, quick easy and simple, you will never forget again :) Fanatec can't do everything :)

😁

• I spoke to soon. Wheel vibrates a lot. 1.0.2.3 20 kHz still king of the hill, much more feedback. So there's something in there that makes a difference. I hope they'll build on that.

• You have to contact the support.

This is an issue which will not be fixed via Firmware.

• I have not had really any issues to speak of but lately, about once or twice during a race, I get a large jolt, similar to the jolts we used to experience caused by running the DD1/ 2 display screen with anything other than the Fanatec logo.

Is there anything that could cause this? I am running latest 450 & firmware along with latest Fanalab...

Thanks,

(DD1 user)

• Thats most likely the still possible steering input jump - nothing you can do against it.

• Charles HoseaCharles Hosea Member
    edited March 2023

Okay thank you, I'll continue to play on and not worry about it. Any idea if still being worked on to correct or unlikely?

This discussion has been closed.