Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Hi everyone. I have a serious issue with my Podium DD1 F1 PS4/PS5 sinsce the first day. I bought it back in november 2022. Mid race , on a straight line , at full throttle , suddenly the wheel pulls right at full force. After the car has stoped , i make a full rotation of the wheel and in comes back straight , no need to restart it and it working normaly . After 1 lap , boommm, again i find myself in the wall. it is very dangerous becouse it pulls with full force. I tried every single driver you posted here, used it with the recomended settings , used it with other settings , it does not matter. There were weeks i had no issue, done full races, everything was working like a charm. New driver appears , making the update, very happy , than booommm again. With the 447 had been working ok. Updated to 448 , 449 and now 450 and it is doing it again. Motor calibration has been done , wheel is centered correctly , i am using fanatec gear since 2017 , i had the CSL Elite , than the GT DD Pro , now the Podium DD1 , so i know how to do a proper driver / firmware update , but i don't know how to deal with this issue. Perhaps someone had the same issue and can come up with some idea how to fix this. thank you in adwance. best regards

• Any noticeable differences in updating from 448 to 450 driver and Fanalab 1.69.4? I just recently updated to 448 and 1.69.1 and everything is going pretty smoothly so I didn't know if I wanted to rock the boat...

• Read the changelogs of the hotfixes and decide for yourself if it's worth updating :)

I would say yes, definitely.

• Mark ParkerMark Parker Member
    edited February 2023

450 is also crashing my CSLDD/WRC with raceroom,started with 448 hasn't happened with 447 as yet,going back again as of now.

Says 035 on the wheel display,still steers in game but all buttons fail.

This is with comp mode,so will actually try PC mode before switch back to 447

• I just upgraded driver 448 to 450. It updated the DD1 wheelbase firmware to 3.0.1.4. Zero problems, everything worked as it should. I also upgraded Fanalab to 1.69.04 without issue as well. Thanks!

• Hi just installed 450 driver and it no longer recogised apm shifters ,removed and returned to 449 all ok if i don't update dd1 f1 wheel base,if i do H pattern shifter does not work it just remains in reverse .So willhave to stick with 449 and 3.0.0.6 base firmware.

• edited February 2023

FW is the same in 449 and 450 though.

When you get stuck in R then it could be a EMI issue or an issue with the Shifter calibration.

Also APM is working fine for me on every wheel...

• yes the shifter problem started after 447 only if I update firmware works fine when I downgrade the firmware

• Then you either have a EMI issue with your Rig or you did some error during the calibration of the Shifter.

You can try to calibrate with 3.0.1.4 again or to add ferrite cores to your cable and see if the EMI issues are fixed.

But for the majority of people the Shifter works fine so it's not a general FW issue but some issue on your side.

• DDPro 8 update from 448 to 450 all good on PS5. GT3 RS Podium, Formula V2.5, CSP V3, CSS, HB 1.5.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

The Podium DD1 came with an RJ12 cable which features ferrite cores on both ends and is meant for connecting the pedals to the base. Could you try to use this cable with the shifter and let me know if it improves the situation?

• Hello, almost everything went fine with FW v450 (from v447) upgrade (Base, motor) but, I had an error during the FW upgrade of my CLS steering wheel F1® Esports V2.

However, for some reason, version v5 (NEW) results now installed but, I noticed that the force feedback in ACC is less detailed compared to the previous driver version 447.

My setting:

• Windows 10 PC - Fanatec app is installed in the C drive

• CS SW F1 Esports V2 (where I had the upgrade error - v5 installed)

• CSL Pedals with LC (FW v1.8)

• DD Pro Wheel Base v1.1.8.5

○ motor FW v1.0.3.2

• Boost Kit 180

• (QR FW v6.0.0.2)

Let me know if I have to be concerned for my steering wheel? Should I try to re-flash only the steering wheel (even though it the sw said that is already up to date!) . In attachment the log file.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Manuel

• No need to try to update the wheel again when the update went through and the wheel is already up-to-date with v5.

FFB was not touched in the Firmware code so should feel identical to previous version, maybe different settings or typical placebo maybe...?!😅

• Right thanks for the feedback. I had a full restart of everything and, FBB back normal thus, I would say my bad placebo effect. :)

However, I feel strange that fw flash of the wheel finish with an error but, everything is working fine. Is there any tech reason for?

Thanks!

• edited February 2023

I updated it from 449(beta) drivers to 450.

Not "Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.0.1.3"...

It says 3.0.1.4 on the control panel, is that right?

As it says there is no list to update, is it only the driver updated?

The firmware hasn't changed?

• edited February 2023

Yes, 3.0.1.4 is right as listed in the Changelog. Firmware came with 449, not 450 and has not changed.

• Hi Marcel, hi Maurice,

if a new driver releases (no beta), can Fanatec put that information into an E-Mail and send it to all subscribers of the newsletter? Don't wanna lie, but I think I never received a newsletter with the information of a new driver beeing released. Would be great!

• edited February 2023

There will be a green notification in the old driver once a new official driver is available later this week.

It's not planned to send out a Newsletter Mail when new drivers get released.

Once the new Forum launches, the currently broken Mail notifications for watched Threads hopefully works again which would be what you are looking for.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Not sure if the Newsletter is the right place but maybe we could do something similar in the future.

So far we have a thread in this forum which you can subscribe to, the problem is that the email notification is broken since a while now...

The notification withing the driver is there like Maurice said but I can understand that some might not open the driver regularly or are mainly using their base on console and then not getting the notification. Some might have recognized that we are having a Fanatec mobile app in beta since some time which everyone can access, I'll take this as a feature suggestion for the app, to have a push notification when a new driver releases.

• I just can find the driver 450 to download anywhere... The driver still comes to download is the 447....why there's a section named driver when is not updated?...

• edited February 2023

As you found this thread.... Go to the first page and have a look at the first post ;)

• Hi Maurice,

I know this may not be the place but ..... do you know if fanatec is going to make any use of the csldd usbc-data port? 😁

• Ok, thanks, it's strange that the ddpro does not have it and the csldd does. Why? Only Fanatec knows

• Hi I am hoping Marcel or anyone here could help.

I tried updating the firmware on my CSW and am now encountering issues with the base being stuck in a Bootloader mode (flasing blue bottom left) and not being properly recognized. When turned on it immediately enters the updater but can't load the firmware. I have tried new and old drivers and am now semingly bricked or softlocked?

Very confused/frustrated

• straight from the base to the pc, have tried different ports, and my powered hub

• Set up is the following: Mclaren GT3 v2 and CSL GT DD Pro wheelbase that have all been updated to the latest firmware with driver 448 and now driver 450. Only issue is that the two turn dials on the rim do not work properly. Have the dials assigned to increase and decrease TC1 and TC2. They do not register or work unreliably. I have tested the rim on a friends CSL GT DD Pro wheelbase that was still running driver 447 and the two dials worked with no issues. Is this currently a known issue for the latest driver and the Mclaren GT3 v2?

Thanks

• No, that's no known issue and for me they work fine.

Do they only work unreliable in game or also in the driver?

• i just updated to this and my h pattern doesn't work as well it was stuck in r i downgraded shifter didnt work at all i just re upgraded back to stuck in r sequential is working just fine tho

This discussion has been closed.