Fanatec on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Comments

• With a Good wheel Tune i can See that PCars has Major Potential when they get the wheel FFB Fixed!!! With the FFB Tune I cam up with you can feel that they Have Good Physics in the Game Tire Chatter, Kurb Feel, Weight Transfer ETC... But the their FFB Settings wont work together to bring out the FFB feel too Many Redundent settings that Counteract each other.... You Have to Turm Most everything off to get Good Feel because every Setting Damoen s another Setting.
  • Any idea if there is going to be support for Drive Club?

• i just did the update and started up project cars on ps4 hit the purple button for pc mode and the wheel is frozen. When i turn it off its smooth  as silk so i dont think its mechanical.Its just locked up as soon as i turn it on now and i cant get it to unlock until i turn the base off.Any ideas? Thanks for the help
  • Did you calibrate the wheel when it was hooked to the pc, after the firmware update?
  • I make GT2 works with Project Cars on PS4, as it should, but It continues to crasch the game (error CE-34878-0) as with the original firmware.

Following history of test

These are files of GT2 last firmware (rev.756):
    GT2_754B.pw1
    GT2_Base_756.pw2
    ERASE.pw3

These are CSR last firmware files(rev.756):
    CSR_756B.pw1
    CSR_756B.pw2
    ERASE.pw3

You could note a light difference in pw1 version between GT2 and CSR firmware
    I just forced the CSR pw1 firmware files install in GT2 so It is recongized from game as CSR but have the buttons configured as GT2.
    In this way I can use (except for the clutch bug of the CSR (you have to assign it to a button)) my Frankestein GT2 in Project Cars PS4 version.
    It is recongized as a wheel with all configuration and FF menus enable.
    The wheel works fine but random the game crash with error CE-34878-0

Then I mapped the buttons in a way I could use the whell with both files of CSR firmware; i reflash my GT2 with following files:
    CSR_756B.pw1
    CSR_756B.pw2
    ERASE.pw3 (CSR File)
    Because I before mapped the clutch on button now I can use GT2 (masked as a CSR).
    The wheel works fine but again random I have error CE-34878-0 with crash of the game

Finally I re-flash the GT2 with its original firmware:
    GT2_754B.pw1
    GT2_Base_756.pw2
    ERASE.pw3 (Gt2 version)

The wheel is recognized as a gamepad, I have no wheel calibration menu and no FF calibration menu
    Also with original firmware Fanatec GT2 wheel makes Project Cars crashes with CE-34878-0 error.

I hope this information could be usefull to developers and Fanatec to resolve issues with GT2 wheels.

• The v2 was running so amazing until i did the firmware update.i tried to run the firmware update again because the club sport v2 was still  frozen after the first attempt to do the update download ..At the end of the up date it says restart wheel,i click on it, boot mode blue turns red the fans go on and its does its test cycle spinning and stops out of calibration flashing cal.on the led. unfortunately i cant calibrate it because its frozen rock solid again. This wheel is so incredible, its killing me to have it dead.I just bought a ps4 to play project cars and the update killed me,any other ideas?
  • The v2 was running so amazing until i did the firmware update.i tried to run the firmware update again because the club sport v2 was still  frozen after the first attempt to do the update download ..At the end of the up date it says restart wheel,i click on it, boot mode blue turns red the fans go on and its does its test cycle spinning and stops out of calibration flashing cal.on the led. unfortunately i cant calibrate it because its frozen rock solid again. This wheel is so incredible, its killing me to have it dead.I just bought a ps4 to play project cars and the update killed me,any other ideas?
    So sorry to hear. I've not had this issue. I'd use Fanatec new online tech support to get a fast answer. I wish you great luck!
  • Is the V2 working perfectly for you on the PS4, Chris?
  • edited May 2015
    I think I had the same problem the first time. After watching the Fanatec user manual video it worked perfectly for me.

If that doesn't work, use the Tech chat support function
  • Lisa Rocchi My V2 works Perfect on PS4 PCars only thing is Pcars FFB Sucks!!! I Hope they update it Soon.

You Should Try Re-Downloading the FW... the Files May Have Some how gotten Corrupted on your PC. also i would Run a Defrag on yoour PC Hard Drive to Make sure all the files are together propperly before Down loading and instaling the Fresh FW download.
  • How to make CSR works in Pcars Ps4 ?
    thank you
  • It only Took Me 24hrs But i Finaly Have a Really Good FFB Tune for PS4 PCars!!!

FFB Master controle Panel
    Tire Force 100
    Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
    Dead Zone Removal Fall Off 0.01
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00
    Relative Gain 108 or 113
    Relative adjust Bleed 0.10
    Relative adjust Clamp 0.96
    ScoopKnee 70
    Scoop Reduction 0.15

Some of these settings are the Same as the Tuning PDF they Seem Ok.... any Setting Not Listes has a Value of 0.

In Car FFB Tuning Settings

Master Scale 50.0
    FX 2.00
    Fy 40.00
    FZ 100.00
    Mz 60.00

Arm Angle 1500 or what ever it is Stock as per car

Scoop Master Scale 50.0
    Sop Lat 40.0
    Sop Diff 100.0
    any Setting Not Listed is 0

PS4 but Should work on XB1 also with Minor Adjustment... Let Me Know what you think.

• It only Took Me 24hrs But i Finaly Have a Really Good FFB Tune for PS4 PCars!!!

FFB Master controle Panel
    Tire Force 100
    Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
    Dead Zone Removal Fall Off 0.01
    Linkage Stiffness 1.00
    Relative Gain 108 or 113
    Relative adjust Bleed 0.10
    Relative adjust Clamp 0.96
    ScoopKnee 70
    Scoop Reduction 0.15

Some of these settings are the Same as the Tuning PDF they Seem Ok.... any Setting Not Listes has a Value of 0.

In Car FFB Tuning Settings

Master Scale 50.0
    FX 2.00
    Fy 40.00
    FZ 100.00
    Mz 60.00

Arm Angle 1500 or what ever it is Stock as per car

Scoop Master Scale 50.0
    Sop Lat 40.0
    Sop Diff 100.0
    any Setting Not Listed is 0

PS4 but Should work on XB1 also with Minor Adjustment... Let Me Know what you think.

Nice work Grimey! Thanks for sharing.

• Im Going to Spend the 3 day weekend Tweeking and Trying get a More Fine tuned feel out of it...But this feels like Really Good Starting Point. Im Happy with it... Sooo far \:D/
  • So far i Have Not Completed My First Series Race!!! Ive been Too busey Tweeking... My Profile says ive blayed.26hrs Now... Thats 99%Tweeking Time!!! LOL
  • You Have to enter this in every Car Tune on every Track!!! I dont do Save all Because the Cars Suspention tune is Different from track to Track and save all will save the Suspention tune to every track Not just the FFB Settings.
  • edited May 2015
    Try this too Grimey. Reset the wheel settings in controller menu, edit buttons again and DONT CALIBRATE THE WHEEL. Just start the game and edit Sens to your own linings PER CAR!!! Do a before reset and after reset with the McLaren F1 on circuit Zolder...I KNOW you'll have better car control through also better FFB
  • edited May 2015
    Antione i Reset the wheel Settings Every time i Plug in the Final New Settings... i set the DOR on the wheel i dont think PCars auto adjust the DOR per Car... if it does it doesnt feel like it.

I Have a Few Settings im Gonna Switch to see if it makes a Diff but the FFB Feel i Have is GOOD!!! Have you tried them??? If you Have a PS4 let me Know what you think... We Can all tweek together and get it Right.
    Those settings should work on every ststem + or - on the Masters.
  • I don't mean auto settings either. I just edit the sens/dor to my own liking per car.
    Haven't been on ps4 to try m Grimey. I don't know when I'll be on. Your in my FL..so we'll see when we can share settings.
  • To me this is WAY too much work to play pCars on a console. They need to fix this ASAP! IMO
  • Yeah just wait for a patch. 

If I have to do this much work then all it does is raise my blood pressure as I become angry at the laziness of this unfinished game. 
  • It's a SIM guys...patch won't help doing FFB tweaking to your liking!
    Grimey...I've tried your settings but didn't feel good to ME. Heavy steering and less feel then Spades files.
  • Antoine Depending on the Car you have to adjust the Masters... I Think i Had the Masters set for the Clio.
  • It's a SIM guys...patch won't help doing FFB tweaking to your liking!
    Grimey...I've tried your settings but didn't feel good to ME. Heavy steering and less feel then Spades files.
    I don't have any issue tweaking the setup. But it's the redundant tweaking that's a waste of time. And settings that over rule or negate a setting are just as bad. That's what needs cleaned up. IMO

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I believe that the FFB defaults have been changed in the latest update for PC and these changes will follow through to the consoles too (in later patches) so FFB will always be a moving target.

I've been doing direct comparisons of PCars using the same car, same track, same settings, same hardware etc etc etc on all 3 platforms recently and I "can" say that Project Cars on "PC" is alright, however, I've stopped playing on console entirely until some patches/fixes are released.

Came 4th in the NG TT though ;)
  • edited May 2015

Natalie...as a beta tester...you can't stop playing on XOne with the new hub...hahahaha

Has FM5 good FFB feel support for the XOne hub Natalie ?

• I believe that the FFB defaults have been changed in the latest update for PC and these changes will follow through to the consoles too (in later patches) so FFB will always be a moving target.

I've been doing direct comparisons of PCars using the same car, same track, same settings, same hardware etc etc etc on all 3 platforms recently and I "can" say that Project Cars on "PC" is alright, however, I've stopped playing on console entirely until some patches/fixes are released.

Came 4th in the NG TT though ;)
    What are your main problems with the Fanatec CSW on the PS4, Natali?

I would really appreciate a reply to this question and you're in a unique position where you've compared them and I would love to know exactly what the PS4 version is lacking compared to the PC version. 

And when you say "alright", I'm guessing you're not too impressed with Project Cars FFB on PC relative to other PC sims?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Has FM5 good FFB feel support for the XOne hub Natalie ?

Also I would love to know this. I currently have my Xbox One collecting dust and am about to sell it. 

But if Forza 5 FFB is good... I'd 110% hang onto it. 
  • Jonathan Wilson i have Not Played FM5 with the V2 wheel but I Have Played it with the TX wheel and the FFB feel is Good with it... Imo if thenTX has Good Feel then the V2 should Feel Much Better.
  • I Havent done Much More Tweeking with the FFB Feel for PCars...but with the FFB settings i posted PS4 PCars is very Playable with how its set for the moment... I Hope they dont Screw it up with the Next update :(( ....
    Ive deleted all of my game info and im doing a Fresh install because when you do save all it Saves Not just your FFB settings for the Car to every track but it also saves the Same Car set up to Every Track and the Car tunes vary on a per track basis!!! LOL ive had the Game 2 weeks and all ive done was tweek FFB so resetting didnt realy Bother me.
    But i want a Fresh install before i start going to deep in the Career Mode just incase all the Tweeking and resetting threw something outta wack..... Lets set up some Races.