Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• Dominic Brennan said: It's worth noting that the upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance will be compatible with the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox One.
    Hi Dominic,

Will Podium Button Module Endurance compatible also with the (discontinued) ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub ?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Dominic,

Will Podium Button Module Endurance compatible also with the (discontinued) ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub ?
    Hi Jean-Christophe, unfortunately I can't answer that at this time, as the product is still in development.
  • edited August 2019
    Thanks to keep me posted... and please make it compatible  B-)
  • Mohamed EmaraMohamed Emara Member
    edited August 2019
    Guess this is the button module that’s mounted on the Porsche wheel ?
    Really hoping that this wheel will be released some time soon. An instant buy.
  • Guess this is the button module that’s mounted on the Porsche wheel ?
    Really hoping that this wheel will be released some time soon. An instant buy.
    If I remember on Dominic Brennan posts thats what it's coming, also a different screen and button modules, hope Im correct. (Hope we se something in the end of August) Im also waiting for the Porsche wheel, every steering wheel I find that I like come in alcantara I prefer leather.

Also I saw on Instagram from Fanatec, that they where taking a lot of pictures of a product that they cant talk about, any idea what it is? I searched for it but couldn't post it because was on those timed pictures.
  • Hello Fantec team. Is there any time schedule for you releasing F1-style cockpit and seat which is suitable for DD1/DD2? (More or less to replace the rather flimsy Playseat F1...)

• Hello Fantec team. Is there any time schedule for you releasing F1-style cockpit and seat which is suitable for DD1/DD2? (More or less to replace the rather flimsy Playseat F1...)

Rseat has an F1 rig. https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSeat-RS-Formula-Driving-Simulator

Rseat has an F1 rig. https://www.rseat-europe.com/RSeat-RS-Formula-Driving-Simulator
    Based on this (one year old) announcement, new f1 style cockpit/seat would be released by Fanatec. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.fanatec-becomes-f1-official-supplier-and-official-sponsor-of-esports-series.2pvHZnwFkk2i8AQOKeUYmm.html Quote from the article: 'From next year, the agreement with Fanatec will be extended to include the supply of cockpits and seats for the simulators used in the next F1 Esports Series.' ...or is this cockpit/seat only for the F1 Esport series and not for public market? Thanks for the reply Fanatec team already beforehand.
  • Hello,

Still no news of the software for the DD?
    Because no software, no purchase of DD. Too bad because the DD is in permanent stock now.

thank you. 
  • Why are you making your decision depending on the release of the software? The DD already works great without the software because you can adjust everything already in the tuning menu, the software wouldn't add much more. It's not like the simucube where you can't change anything without the software. That's the advantage of the Fanatec tuning menu.
  • Why are you making your decision depending on the release of the software? The DD already works great without the software because you can adjust everything already in the tuning menu, the software wouldn't add much more. It's not like the simucube where you can't change anything without the software. That's the advantage of the Fanatec tuning menu.
    Do you mean the SET 1-5 is the "tuning menu"?   I do concur that the 340 driver is working very well with my DD!.  However,  if you mean the OLED it is useless to me because my display obscures the OLED.  I wish the properties page showed the temperature and the fans important information that should be on that page..
    I honestly hope the software will not be as simple as you think, I hope it will be more like simcommander with a lot of adjustability. where you can tweak every aspect of feedback and save those settings for each car or even car track combo.   
  • The reason for the long delay, according to Fanatec should be yes because they want to implement many new Featcher. If that's really just going to be a simple version of the existing one, then they've been ripping us off. I hope you bring the software at least to the Sim Expo.
  • Hello to all! Who wanted to know, there will be a steering wheel of the Clubport - McLaren series ....
    I will say that he already is! )) here I have it - everything as requested) ..
    In fact, it is a fact that this steering wheel does not work well with the Podium dd1 - its base is very soft and the quick release is horrible - it does not hold a moment if you do not tighten it with a bolt ... I can develop and finish the McLaren steering wheel specially for the Thomas team ! But unfortunately Fanateс does not communicate with consumers from Russia ... I have already written so many times, but I have never been answered - why Fanateс does not sell to Russia! ... Okay, I understand everything - politics ....
  • Its not VITAL to work but very disapointing that , so far, not a comment was made regarding the Podium Software since the "solid Beta" in may, apart from a , "we are still on it" ... oh well
  • all I hope is that the software is released before the Podium hub, without the software there is no way to adjust the tuning menu. It would be nice to get an updated response from Fanatec even if it’s to say it’s delayed, at the moment it seems like it’s been abandoned.
  • I highly doubt it's been abandoned. It'll be released when it's ready.

It's another juvenile comment trying to elicit responses.
  • edited August 2019
    Hi Thomas,

I just bought the DD2 base. First of all its a great piece of hardware.

However, one reason why I decided for the DD Base over a base of a competitor was the promised compatibility to the ClubSport wheels.
    I own 3 such wheels one of them is the BMW Wheel which is not fitting to the DD2 Base. The Wheels QR is too small. Not even grease helps here.
    The other both wheels fit but they are quiet tight.

I contacted Support for help but got only the answer that I should buy a new QR for the wheel! Really?
    I am really disappointed right now.

The funny thing is that the wheel was already send to Fanatec when I bought my CSW Base V2 (switched from v1). Back then the wheels QR was too big ...

I am still hoping for some goodwill. I don't think the customer should pay for the broken promise of downward compatibility.

Here your quote from the iRacing Forum:
    "First of all: The Podium Base does not require a Podium steering wheel to work. It is compatible to all CSL and ClubSport steering wheels."

Sorry, I don't know any other way how to reach out to you ...

Regards,
    Robert
  • Hello to all! Who wanted to know, there will be a steering wheel of the Clubport - McLaren series ....
    I will say that he already is! )) here I have it - everything as requested) ..
    In fact, it is a fact that this steering wheel does not work well with the Podium dd1 - its base is very soft and the quick release is horrible - it does not hold a moment if you do not tighten it with a bolt ... I can develop and finish the McLaren steering wheel specially for the Thomas team ! But unfortunately Fanateс does not communicate with consumers from Russia ... I have already written so many times, but I have never been answered - why Fanateс does not sell to Russia! ... Okay, I understand everything - politics ....
    Damn, I would love a McLaren V2 rim with Alcantara

• I highly doubt it's been abandoned. It'll be released when it's ready.

It's another juvenile comment trying to elicit responses.

I said it SEEMS like it’s been abandoned, it’s been months since any update information was provided. A professional company should understand that they need to keep their customers in the loop, especially the ones that paid for a complete package well over a year ago. Maybe my many years of customer service manager experience was unrealistic and not a true representation of how companies should work.
  • It is always the same hassle. Inform the people before release and everybody is ranting when it gets postponed. That´s todays attitude in social media everywhere. Some guys are writing as they can´t use the hardware without the software which isn´t the case. And to be honest you´re not the only one who paid the Podium Base/wheels any other Fanatec stuff in front. But that is clearly communicated and everybody’s own decision. That is the case since I own Fanatec hardware (started with 911 GT3 Wheel and CSP V1). So want do you want to achieve? The only thing which happens, the communication gets worse and we don´t get any information what´s in the pipeline. Sure the communicated release dates does in 99.9% not match the final release dates, but that is also something, I get used to with Fanatec. When the product finally arrives I´m always happy and know why I have chosen this company.

Based on this (one year old) announcement, new f1 style cockpit/seat would be released by Fanatec. https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.fanatec-becomes-f1-official-supplier-and-official-sponsor-of-esports-series.2pvHZnwFkk2i8AQOKeUYmm.html Quote from the article: 'From next year, the agreement with Fanatec will be extended to include the supply of cockpits and seats for the simulators used in the next F1 Esports Series.' ...or is this cockpit/seat only for the F1 Esport series and not for public market? Thanks for the reply Fanatec team already beforehand.

Hello Fanatec team. Any answer to the question if above mentioned F1 style rig is going to be released for public market or only for F1 Esport series use?

• Tomaz HocevarTomaz Hocevar Member
    edited August 2019
    Where does it say that rigs will be F1 style? It just says that they will suply cockpits and seats also beside steering wheels. Nowhere does it say that they will release an F1 style cockpit in that article.
  • Can anyone tell me, which settings they used at the SimExpo at their Rigs for ACC? It felt soooo much better there than on my DD1 at home. Does it has something to do with the new software or what is the difference? I normally use the recommended settings
  • So, was nobody at the Sim Expo able to get Thomas to announce the release date and price of the new Porsche Wheel? Or at least when we're going to be able to pre-order it?
  • So, was nobody at the Sim Expo able to get Thomas to announce the release date and price of the new Porsche Wheel? Or at least when we're going to be able to pre-order it?
    This year. ;-) And it wont be cheap.. :D
    I am ready Maurice! Bring it on! :P

It doesn’t have to be cheap as long as it’s reasonably priced ;) When I was at the Fanatec booth on Saturday Thomas was talking to a Porsche factory driver (based on his shirt, didn’t recognise him). He was very impressed by it and Thomas asked him, how much he as a sim racer would pay. Couldn’t hear more than „somethinghundred“ to which Thomas gave a big knowing smile and said „Yeah, in that area.“ Shouldn’t be long until we hear more about the new NASCAR wheel btw.
    I'm thinking we'll see some stuff open for preorder on black Friday.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Can anyone tell me, which settings they used at the SimExpo at their Rigs for ACC? It felt soooo much better there than on my DD1 at home. Does it has something to do with the new software or what is the difference? I normally use the recommended settings
    Hi Keanu,

I set up the rigs at the Expo, this is what I used:

SEN 1080
    FF 40
    SHO 100
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    NDP 15
    NFR 0
    FEI 100

In-Game Settings:
    Steer lock: 1080
    Gain: 70
    Min Force: 0
    Dynamic Damping: 100
    Road Effects: 0

Pretty similar to the settings on the forum, just slightly higher NDP and lower NFR. But as we left our Tuning Menu unlocked, and visitors were also able to fiddle with in-game settings too, it's possible that the rig you tested had some different settings.