Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• check this app what looks like endorsed by Fanatec. Also the mount for the Android onto the steering.

HUD Dash - Android Apps on Google Play
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.barz.hud_dash&hl=en
    Create your very own sim racing experience with HUD Dash! NOTE: To establish a connection an active Wifi connection between the PC running the game and ...

• I have always had it on simulation Mode...I was using the CSR Elite on the PS3 before i got the CSW v2.

I figured out the Button Mapping on the Porsche RSR Rim.
    Because i was using the CSR Elite i always used the G25 setting to Map the Buttons.
    I Figured out that with the CSW v2 that you have to use the G27 setting to map the Buttons.

I made a Button Map Diagram with all buttons labeld... i will post it if any 1 wants to see it.

Gt6 as compared to Dirt3 the the CSW v2 feels Flat and Lazy im going to buy Grid Auto sport tomorrow and see how that feels... I have it for the Xbox 360 and it feels good with the CSR Elite so it should Feel as Good or even better on the PS3 with the CSW v2.... jmo Codemasters have always had the Best Wheel Feel Programming when it comes to Console Racing games.

I would buy F1 2013, 2014 but i dont have the formula Rim and im Not sure i want to Buy it at Full Price because i wont be using it when the XB1 Rim(s... Hopefully) is Released... any 1 have a F1 Rim that they want to sell for a fair price??? 

Thomas put the Regular F1 Rim on sale so that those of us that dont have it can buy it to tide us over while we are waiting for the XB1 Rim to release... Hint Hint that Black friday Rim sale was Great!!!!  I sure wish you would open that sale back up i bet i and alot of people wont Miss it Again.

Intressting,
    seems like with different rims you need different game selections.

I needed to use the Logitech G25 Options in GT6 to change the buttons on the BMW rim.
    I tried before all other selection options :D

Honestly I dont find the CSW lazy on GT6, damn in the new online races its just like hell.
    So much power that tried to get stoped. I never made so many unwanted U-Turn like with using that wheel.
    So hard to keep the car on track with all that forcefeedback. With controller its super easy to find the fastest lane. I'm still slower with wheel than with controller.
    I guess I need to turn the FFB more down :D

• I have always had it on simulation Mode...I was using the CSR Elite on the PS3 before i got the CSW v2.

I figured out the Button Mapping on the Porsche RSR Rim.
    Because i was using the CSR Elite i always used the G25 setting to Map the Buttons.
    I Figured out that with the CSW v2 that you have to use the G27 setting to map the Buttons.

I made a Button Map Diagram with all buttons labeld... i will post it if any 1 wants to see it.

Gt6 as compared to Dirt3 the the CSW v2 feels Flat and Lazy im going to buy Grid Auto sport tomorrow and see how that feels... I have it for the Xbox 360 and it feels good with the CSR Elite so it should Feel as Good or even better on the PS3 with the CSW v2.... jmo Codemasters have always had the Best Wheel Feel Programming when it comes to Console Racing games.

I would buy F1 2013, 2014 but i dont have the formula Rim and im Not sure i want to Buy it at Full Price because i wont be using it when the XB1 Rim(s... Hopefully) is Released... any 1 have a F1 Rim that they want to sell for a fair price??? 

Thomas put the Regular F1 Rim on sale so that those of us that dont have it can buy it to tide us over while we are waiting for the XB1 Rim to release... Hint Hint that Black friday Rim sale was Great!!!!  I sure wish you would open that sale back up i bet i and alot of people wont Miss it Again.

Intressting,

I needed to use the Logitech G25 Options in GT6 to change the buttons on the BMW rim.

Honestly I dont find the CSW lazy on GT6, damn in the new online races its just like hell.
    So much power that tried to get stoped. I never made so many unwanted U-Turn like with using that wheel.
    So hard to keep the car on track with all that forcefeedback. With controller its super easy to find the fastest lane. I'm still slower with wheel than with controller.
    With higher FFB settings I find that I'm able to get a smoother run and really nail a line down, while still being able to feel small variations of the road to make for quicker adjustments, which can be lost with low FFB settings. It also helps to keep from making too many drastic movements that can cause friction loss and premature tire wear. 

Which is my main issue with using a controller, too much effort to keep the joystick steady for consistency, make smoother wheel rotations, and more precise corrections. Great for arcade, not so much for sims, imo. Keep practicing with the wheel, if you put in as much time with it as you have with the gamepad, i'm sure you will start to see the tides turn. ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Intressting,

With higher FFB settings I find that I'm able to get a smoother run and really nail a line down, while still being able to feel small variations of the road to make for quicker adjustments, which can be lost with low FFB settings. It also helps to keep from making too many drastic movements that can cause friction loss and premature tire wear. 

Which is my main issue with using a controller, too much effort to keep the joystick steady for consistency, make smoother wheel rotations, and more precise corrections. Great for arcade, not so much for sims, imo. Keep practicing with the wheel, if you put in as much time with it as you have with the gamepad, i'm sure you will start to see the tides turn. ;)
    Maybe im just using the Wrong Wheel Settings... im using 85% FFB in Gt6 and i see that i still have the Wheel Rotation set to Off. can you Post your wheel setting so i can Try them out.
    im thinking i have the wheel Rotation set to off so thats killing some of the FFB Effects.

Dirt3 is a Very Busy game with all the Bumps and Jumps so that maybe why Gt6 feels kinda Flat in Comparison... and by Game Default the Wheel Rotation is set at 270*

• Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited January 2015
    Intressting,

Maybe im just using the Wrong Wheel Settings... im using 85% FFB in Gt6 and i see that i still have the Wheel Rotation set to Off. can you Post your wheel setting so i can Try them out.
    im thinking i have the wheel Rotation set to off so thats killing some of the FFB Effects.

Dirt3 is a Very Busy game with all the Bumps and Jumps so that maybe why Gt6 feels kinda Flat in Comparison... and by Game Default the Wheel Rotation is set at 270*

in-game FFB at 3, 100 for FFB on-wheel and 110 FOR setting (because of deadzone elimination). For other Fanatec wheel-setting, I have them set to OFF for the PS3: DRI, LIN, SPR - all OFF.

• Honestly I dont find the CSW lazy on GT6, damn in the new online races its just like hell.
    Can you post your Wheel settings for me so i can try them on Gt6.
    also which wheel are you using the CSW v1 or the CSW v2?

Ive been using the CSR Elite on Gt6 and it doesnt feel Lazy but thats probly because i have Been using it for Years and im used to it... also the CSR Elites Rim Motors Vibrate to Simulate Engine Vibration which give the extra added Road Feel... That feature was taken out of the CSW v2 FW for some Reason... Im using the Newest FW the rim shows 65 at start up.

But all in all the CSW v2 is an Amazing wheel with Great Poential... Its the Crown Jewel Of My Wheel Collection!!!
  • The problem is similar like this, but only steering right
    Is not the end point of 900 degrees, I did not have this problem
    With csw v1. Some one can help me please.
    Sound like a belt is flipping over the guideline.

Maybe you can see it if the belts not running right.
    That was my first wheel.  Fanatec had to send me a replacement as the problem in the above video was difficult to fix.

Now the 2nd wheel I have has a ticking sound.  Not as bad as the first time but still annoying.  Sending it back to Fanatec on the 7th January 2015 for repair. :(

• edited January 2015
    Ok OK OK!!!! So i Bought Grid Auto Sport(Black Edition) For the PS3 Brand NEW!!! for $19.99 from Game Stop and Guess What im in the Wheel Tuning Menue and it Has a Fantec CSW Wheel Profile!!!

Also in the Tuning Menue there is a option to set the Wheel to Multi Turn so it set the wheel to 900* instead of the Default 270*

So Far the Game Feels Great!!!   Wow I Highly Recomend it Especially for $19.99 you cant beat it....Any 1 else have this Game???
  • edited January 2015
    Porsche 918 RSR PS3 Button Map (use G27 profile)
  • edited January 2015

I guess that are the differents :)
    GT is in 99% blacklane racing only. You dont have much FFB when you driving on a straight :D

I'm still using my old config, cos of wheel shaking.

1. Sen = 900
    2. Force : 50
    3. Lin = 10
    4.Dead = 20
    Shocks,Breaks,Bumps ect. to 100

GT6 Seeting all to max. (10)

Edit: and of course the CSW V2 ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Thanx for helping me get my settings together on GT6!!! I went with....

In game
    Simulation
    power assisted steering  Off
    FFB  torque 10
    FFB sen 4.... I dont get Too much wheel oscillation with this setting .... I get a Little but Nothing Extreem

On Wheel...
     Sen Off
    FFB 80%
    Sho 100%
     ABS 65%
    Lin Off
    Dea OIff
    Dri Off
    For 110
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

GT6 freels Great Now I Love it!!!!

I had the in game settings Screwed up so it was Feeling Lazy to me but Now that i got them Right it feels Great.... Ive always been more of a Xbox Forza kinda guy but GT6 feels so much better than Forza  i feel like i been wasting my time on Forza!!! 
    Ive been on the PS3 more in the last 2 weeks than i been on it in the Last 3yrs because of the CSW v2!!!!
    Uuuugh i couldn't Help my self i ordered the CSW F1 rim so i can Play F1 2014 until the XB1 Rim is Released!!!
  • Hi all

Received the v2 base today and after few hours of use i feel like something is missing.

FFB feels weak and the wheel does not feel fast or responsive. Only thing that feels strong is the damper force, turning the wheel feels like stretching a strong rubber band.

Ive sold my csw v1 base few months ago and from i remeber that felt more responsive,f1 rim was fast and responsive however felt a bit sluggish with the bmw rim.
    V2 for me feels sluggish with all the rims.
    Ive been using t500 while waiting for v2 and i must say that feels more quicker and responsive.

Ive updated the software twice now (after first upgrade there was large deadzone) and its still the same,tried different settings in the tuning menu and also tried it with most of the titles (rf2,rf1,ac,r3e)

Anyone experinced something similar or has suggestions i could try before putting through customer service support?
  • @Sanel
    I too received my base today and after the firmware update my wheel felt unresponsive with a massive center deadzone. I then changed the settings to something simular to previous posts and it now feels fantastic.
  • Received my base today and it is fantastic. I thought my T500 was good but this is awesome.

One problem though, when I change wheels I loose center settings and it then requires calibration. What i have noticed is that I cannot calibrate the unihub, only the F1 wheel. After calibration I can then change to the unihub.

Other than that the whole setup is fantastic with feed back I have never felt before.
  • Received my base today and it is fantastic. I thought my T500 was good but this is awesome.

One problem though, when I change wheels I loose center settings and it then requires calibration. What i have noticed is that I cannot calibrate the unihub, only the F1 wheel. After calibration I can then change to the unihub.

Other than that the whole setup is fantastic with feed back I have never felt before.
    How are you finding the speed of the wheel compared to your t500? Just cannot understand why mine feels slower than t500. Its been a few months now since i had the  csw v1 but could have sworn that felt faster as well.

• How are you finding the speed of the wheel compared to your t500? Just cannot understand why mine feels slower than t500. Its been a few months now since i had the  csw v1 but could have sworn that felt faster as well.
    Did you changed the Drift Mode?
    There you can make the Wheel faster and slower!
  • GT6 freels Great Now I Love it!!!!

I had the in game settings Screwed up so it was Feeling Lazy to me but Now that i got them Right it feels Great.... Ive always been more of a Xbox Forza kinda guy but GT6 feels so much better than Forza  i feel like i been wasting my time on Forza!!! 
    Ive been on the PS3 more in the last 2 weeks than i been on it in the Last 3yrs because of the CSW v2!!!!
    Uuuugh i couldn't Help my self i ordered the CSW F1 rim so i can Play F1 2014 until the XB1 Rim is Released!!!
    See, GT6 isn't lazy ;)

I put yesterday my new formula wheel on ebay. Just dont like it. Hope it find fast a new home :)

I also sell my CSW V2 too, the PS4 question is still not solved and when its 100% clear.
    I can buy it again.

The Base is great, but when the support is not 100% clear its just too much money that lay arround.

BTW. If someone wanna buy it, its in germany ;)
  • Thanx for helping me get my settings together on GT6!!! I went with....

In game
    Simulation
    power assisted steering  Off
    FFB  torque 10
    FFB sen 4.... I dont get Too much wheel oscillation with this setting .... I get a Little but Nothing Extreem

On Wheel...
     Sen Off
    FFB 80%
    Sho 100%
     ABS 65%
    Lin Off
    Dea OIff
    Dri Off
    For 110
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

GT6 freels Great Now I Love it!!!!

Just wait till XOne wheel hits your home...think you'll change your mind about waste of time in Forza...you can't make a fair judgement now. ;)
  • edited January 2015
    Antoine Goossens said:
    Just wait till XOne wheel hits your home...think you'll change your mind about waste of time in Forza...you can't make a fair judgement now. ;)

Sorry let me Clarify I wasn't comparing it to the Xbox 1 Forza5... Ive Played Forza5 with that Other wheel :-SS (Shhhh LOL) and it Feels Really Good so i Know when the Xbox1 Rim is Released it should feel Much Much Better with the CSW v2

There are some cars that handle like Trash and just Turn Waaay to Sharp... but thats prob due to the Small Weee Bit Rim size on that other Shhhh ya know.

I was comparing to the last Gen Forza Games i have all of them and never really Bothered with GT5 or GT6 much because i played Forza sooo much its what i was used to.
    I am very Impressed that they are still updating GT6 Making it better and Better and its not a New game anymore... I Hope Turn10 does the same for forza5!!! But more than anything im looking Forward to Project cars\:D/

• I am very Impressed that they are still updating GT6 Making it better and Better and its not a New game anymore... I Hope Turn10 does the same for forza5!!! But more than anything im looking Forward to Project cars\:D/

Still updating?
    They only sold half of the game!
    I'm waiting since 14 months for that "B Spec Mode" which will be available with an coming update.
    Thats what the homepage since release says...
    GT6 is pure rip off when you compare it with GT5

I'm waiting for Proj. Cars too and hope it will be really good ;)

• Same with Forza...but worse...they took every GREAT thing out of 4 to NOT use it in 5.
    Oh well...they filled their pockets with our money, driving Lambo's and other dreamcars and leave the community/us hangin with great feeling of disappointment.... that's life supposedly...
    Think loads of us are awaiting PCars...to never look back to FM or GT. LoL
  • Same with Forza...but worse...they took every GREAT thing out of 4 to NOT use it in 5.
    Oh well...they filled their pockets with our money, driving Lambo's and other dreamcars and leave the community/us hangin with great feeling of disappointment.... that's life supposedly...
    Think loads of us are awaiting PCars...to never look back to FM or GT. LoL
    You realize Forza 5 was a launch title for a new console, right? And gave 3 dlc tracks(one of which was the epically monstrous green hell) and a bunch of cars out for free that easily could have been paid dlc? I believe T10 is trying to do right by the community. After all, it is the community that we make Forza for. 

Project Cars is pretty nice, and am anticipating the final release very much. Hopefully it can be all that it wants to be, it's a very ambitious project, which is why it's been delayed for over a year. Truthfully, iRacing has taken over my racing passion as of late, it's such a fantastic driving experience.
  • edited January 2015
    I Had Iracing before and it was so so for me...1 thing that i didn't like was that you never Own any Content!!! once you stop paying for the membership all your purchases are in limbo until you Renew you membership.... I may Renew my Iracing but i want to build a More Powerful PC First so i can get the Most out of it

Forza has pretty Much lost me as a Customer... Even FM5 with that other wheel is so so at best.... its the way Turn10 does its Wheel physics i don't like the way Most of the cars feel.... Some Turn Too Sharp and some turn Not Enough just doesn't Feel Right/Natural.. They need to Concentrate More on Car Feel/Physics instead of giving us useless cars that cant be drivin. I prefer Quality over Useless Content. it Does have good Graphics But Not a Huge Leap forward from FM4 imo.
     I Hope the CSW v2 can put New Life in Forza for me other than that as a Forza customer im Gone:)>-

Ive been Racing More and More F1 2013/2014 at least it feels Good with a wheel and thats on the XB360 W/CSR Elite & CSP pedals... CodeMasters seem to have a Good Console wheel Physics Formula.
    Im Getting ito GT6 with the CSW v2 and i must say the Wheel Physics are Much Better than FM4  and almost on par with FM5 using that other wheel. im using 540* Rotation on wheel and it feels Great...Nope its Not just the CSW v2 thats making GT6 feel good...the wheel can only put out the Physics that are programmed into the game.

Edit: I used to Play GT6 with the CSR Elite using FW 737 and the Wheels Rim Motors used to Vibrate to Simulate Engin/ Extra Road Feel... When i first Started using the CSW v2 FW 65 i Noticed that that Rim Vibration feature was Not present and i missed that Feel...Now that ive been using the CSW v2 on GT6 for almost 2 weeks i find that the Wheel is Sooo good at Producing Road Feel that i Dont Miss the Rim Motors Not Rumbling at All Any More.

• Ok So Now Most Every one has their wheel i was expecting to see alot more Forum participation and comments based on How many people were sooo Eager to get the CSW v2... Where is every 1 at??? how do you feel about the wheel??? i Love it and for Now im doing mostly PS3 because i Need a More powerful  PC and i dont feel like the hassel of going through adjusting setting after setting to get my PC to Run the games...I have sooo little time i just want to Plug and Play and just enjoy... Uuuugh i work tooo Much but its worth it as i can afford to buy these New Fanatec Tools:)).. Sooo Far its a Amazing Wheel... I call it my Super wheel... LOL
  • Grimey,

Everyone is too busy using their CSW to post. Lol
  • Grimey,

Everyone is too busy using their CSW to post. Lol
    I wish I was busy using mine.
  • I received mine, but alas, no rim.

I am patiently waiting for the Xbox One rim, and the announcement on whether or not said rim will also work on PC. I really can't justify purchasing two rims. (So much money...)

• Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015

Here is my take on my new product

Okay I have had my base for around 3 weeks now and when I booted the wheel this AM the rear exhaust fan was making a terrible noise like the bearings were already failing. I had to give the base a couple of slaps to quiet the fan down. As it stood this base was Fanatec's last chance for me since I am a long time customer who has had problems with just about every product I have purchased from Fanatec. I feel I have been above and beyond the realistic level of loyalty and have stuck with Fanatec much longer then most maybe would have. However this is the straw that breaks the Camels Back. It was stated that efforts would be made to ensure more durability of Fanatec Products but how can that be when using cooling fans that don't want to last even a month. I am tired of shipping my products back and forth for RMA and at this point I wish that I could get my money back for my base because I have had it I am done. After 3 thousand dollars I have learned my lesson

• I received mine, but alas, no rim.

I am patiently waiting for the Xbox One rim, and the announcement on whether or not said rim will also work on PC. I really can't justify purchasing two rims. (So much money...)

I'm in the same boat, Luke. I use my CSR Elite and pedals for Xbox 360 Forza games, and have 15 foot USB and HDMI cables running from my CSR to the PC and from the PC to the 63" monitor when I want to race in iRacing. 
    I received the CSW v2 base in good order back in November. I plugged it in just to make sure it would calibrate and the fans were working as they should. Now it remains unused because I cannot justify buying a rim for it that I will only use on the PC.
    Waiting like everyone else now, for the Xbox One rims to be made available. If the new Xbox One rims will also work on the PC (that remains to be seen), I will swap out the CSW for the CSR Elite and sell the Elite. If the new rim does not work on the PC, I will rig a simple conversion platform for both wheels so I can swap them out quickly. 
    So, like many here, we cannot comment on the performance and give feedback that some would like to hear. We are waiting, waiting, waiting...