Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• We all knew it would take some time before the XOne rims would be available...at least till March if Thomas can live up to challenge. I'm not complaining.. I'm SURE now I don't have to wait for my V2 base when ordering XOne rim. Since the wait is till April now. Whooohoo
  • edited January 2015
    Trevor Geddis Here is My Quick Change Solution for Swapping out the CSR Elite and the CSW v2 wheel base... I Used My Roto Zip to Grind the Top away enough that i Could put Screws in from the Top and Use Wing Nuts to Bolt it Down... Swapping Now Takes 5min!!! Pick 1 Base up and Drop the other Down.

The Rim Situation i Bought the Porsche 918 Rim and the F1 Rim so i can Enjoy the Wheel Now... im Sure that i Wont Have any Problem Selling them on Ebay or in a Sim Racers Forum for a Decent Price.

The XB1 Rim even if its Available for Pre Order in March Realistically i Don't Expect it to be Shipped until June...It just Seems that's How things Work...That's Too Long to Have My Wheel Sitting Waiting!!!  Even if I Don't Sell the 918 & F1 Rim they Still Work Great on PS3 and PC...Its a Win Win if you can Spare the Extra Cash and Don't want to wait.

People are Selling CSR Elites and CSW v1 For Great Return Prices on Used Products so im Sure Selling the Extra Rims Off wont be a Issue.
  • Here is my take on my new product

Okay I have had my base for around 3 weeks now and when I booted the wheel this AM the rear exhaust fan was making a terrible noise like the bearings were already failing. I had to give the base a couple of slaps to quiet the fan down. As it stood this base was Fanatec's last chance for me since I am a long time customer who has had problems with just about every product I have purchased from Fanatec. I feel I have been above and beyond the realistic level of loyalty and have stuck with Fanatec much longer then most maybe would have. However this is the straw that breaks the Camels Back. It was stated that efforts would be made to ensure more durability of Fanatec Products but how can that be when using cooling fans that don't want to last even a month. I am tired of shipping my products back and forth for RMA and at this point I wish that I could get my money back for my base because I have had it I am done. After 3 thousand dollars I have learned my lesson

I hope things get sorted out. Sorry to hear Andrew, c'est la vie.
  • You should Check to make sure its No dust or anything wedged in the back of the fan.... it happens... My Fans are working Great and those fans don't usually go out just for no reason when their New... those fans are sooo cheap and easy to Replace i would not send my wheel back just for that...jmo
  • edited January 2015
    Andrew Clark .... My here's Wheel Collection....You are not alone as far as amount of $$$ spent... But its worth it to me.
    Im sure that there are many people that are long term satisfied customers... Don't Give up.

Nope im Not Planning on Selling None of them!!! im gonna make a Shelf and put them on the wall in the Man kave....My Trophies!!!
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2015
    @GDog, I mounted the CSR Elite (prior to that, my Club Sport Porsche US) base to an mdf platform and bolted it to the frame I manufactured for my racing set-up. I will mount the CSW v2 to a platform of the same design and use wing nuts, much like you did, to detach and attach when and if I need to swap out the bases. I appreciate your suggestions and pictures. :-)
  • Trevor Geddis   Thanx!!! Great Minds Think alike... LOL Look at the Mount i Mad for that other Wheel :-O  you know that other wheel that's XB1 compatible;) .... I made some Plates so all my wheels use the same mounting Holes... I Even added Plates so that i can Have the wheels Sit up Exactly the same Height.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015
    Andrew Clark .... My here's Wheel Collection....You are not alone as far as amount of $$$ spent... But its worth it to me.
    Im sure that there are many people that are long term satisfied customers... Don't Give up.

Nope im Not Planning on Selling None of them!!! im gonna make a Shelf and put them on the wall in the Man kave....My Trophies!!!

I see a Thrustmaster in that mix! Me I also have 2 logitechs a momo black and a G27 but no Thrustmaster. As for the fan in my v2 it is a simple problem but I was hoping that Fanatec would get to the point where their products are FTMP problem free 300 dollar logitechs are why not a 600 v2 base? Maybe Fanatec should not use 50cent fans in them now that they no longer use 50cent motors. :) 

Anyway I added it up and I have spent $3390 with Fanatec you think I should spend more?

• @GDOG, how to attach a picture in the post. I tried using the insert Image and the Hyperlink tabs, but all that shows is a small square with the word "image" in it. I have photos in Photobucket and usually just clicking on their copy image button works (forums and blogs), but not here. Thanks if you can help. ???? 

• edited January 2015
    I have now used my base for four days now with the GT steering without any problems. I had a calibration problem in the beginning but after following the instructions from the video clip I finally got it sorted.
    Luckily my fans are ok and not loud at all. I race using Assetto Corsa, Rfactor2 and R3E where R3E being my favourite at the moment. With my T500 I raced in R3E in Get real mode, AI 95%, but with the CSW V2 I feel I could easily up the AI to 100%. In RF2, racing the TCR's, I use to battle trying to be compettive, now I find I can easily correct the cars and become faster.
    I use these steering settings

On Wheel...
    Sen Off
    FFB 100%
    Aho 100%
    ABS 95%
    Lin Off
    Dea Off
    Dri 5
    For 110
    Spr off
    Dpr off
  • Trevor Geddis I dont know i usually upload pics from my Phone that's connected to my PC.
    you might have to copy and paste the photo bucket link.

• My F1 Rim is coming tomorrow... Do O have to update the FW in the Rim??? if so How do i Do that??? Do i Put it on the Wheel Base and update the whole Wheel Base with the Rim on it... or is it just Plug and Play because the wheel base has been updated. I have the 918RSR Rim it says 65 when i stat the whee
  • You should Check to make sure its No dust or anything wedged in the back of the fan.... it happens... My Fans are working Great and those fans don't usually go out just for no reason when their New... those fans are sooo cheap and easy to Replace i would not send my wheel back just for that...jmo
    You have no idea on what you talking about.

The one on the side is a 70 x 70 x 10 mm size fan
    24Volts and Medium Speed
    What every medium speed means from that manufacturer.

Now we are coming to the problem fan the back one.
    This is a special fan without a frame arround.
    The frame of the fan its the cover itself.
    It get mounted in the middle of the rotor
    I guess the rotor have the same size as the one from a normal 70mm fan.
    You simply get no replacement for it.

This fans simply sucks!

For me the cooling solution is a faulty design.
    They made a good new wheel with better performance than the old one, but they hadn't enough space for some normal sized fans like "silent" 80mm ones.
    They simply not fit in that case, otherwise they had to make the case bigger.

The only thing you can do now is send the wheel back if one of the fans fail.

• You have no idea on what you talking about.
    24Volts and Medium Speed

This fans simply sucks!

They made a good new wheel with better performance than the old one, but they hadn't enough space for some normal sized fans like "silent" 80mm ones.

LMAO!!! Ok So just Send your wheel Back then And Never Buy any More Fanatec Wheels then :((
    Im Pretty Sure Fanatec is Not Going Out of Business because your Not Satisfied :)
    As For Me My Wheel Is working Just Fine :D ....I Really Do understand your Frustration because such a great Wheel and it just Sucks for you that you cant Enjoy it too [-X ooooh well better luck with your next wheel Brand...Bye Chow Tooodalooo  Seee ya!!!
  • edited January 2015
    My F1 Rim is coming tomorrow... Do O have to update the FW in the Rim??? if so How do i Do that??? Do i Put it on the Wheel Base and update the whole Wheel Base with the Rim on it... or is it just Plug and Play because the wheel base has been updated. I have the 918RSR Rim it says 65 when i stat the whee
    That "065" is the current firmware version loaded into the base. It is not specific to a wheel. 

I have both the 918 RSR wheel and the Formula Carbon wheel; and with the properties page up (just to visualise system recognition), it automatically recognises whichever wheel is connected, even on hot changeover.

So, no. You don't need to update anything. 065 is the latest firmware.
  • edited January 2015
    Some people are Just Spoiled Rotten and Never Happy....  Patric Stenzel I dont think they Pulled the plug on GT6 just because your Not Happy they Haven released the B Spec Mode yet Either...ijs... Simple Solution You No like You No Buy ^#(^  Don't be mad at the world and try to Kill other peoples Fun and Enjoyment %-(  jmo.
  • Hey guys I got my clubsport base V2, Im having some issues, in all games I can't feel the vibration motors, for example the engine revs or shifts, anyone else having the same problem? 
    Already tried to fix it downloading the new software .65 and turning Sho 10 to 100 and OFF 
    :(
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2015

• Here is my current CSR-E set-up. I will make another platform from MDF and use wing nuts (Grimey Dog) to remove and add the new CSW v2 base when the Xbox rim becomes available. If the new base/XBone rim also works on the PC, I will just connect the same way I have here. A USB 15 foot cable from the base to the PC and a 20 foot HDMI from the PC to the monitor. 
  • Hey guys I got my clubsport base V2, Im having some issues, in all games I can't feel the vibration motors, for example the engine revs or shifts, anyone else having the same problem? 
    Already tried to fix it downloading the new software .65 and turning Sho 10 to 100 and OFF 
    Tried turning ABS off on the wheel?
    Thanx it's already Off
  • @Rafael Limon Chavez

Install Fanaleds. Works great!

Thanx it's already Off
    Just thought it might be the issue because that's how it's working on the v1 currently. If I turn ABS to anything other than "OFF", I lose all the vibration that is controlled with the SHO value, engine & other effects.

• LMAO!!! Ok So just Send your wheel Back then And Never Buy any More Fanatec Wheels then :((
    Im Pretty Sure Fanatec is Not Going Out of Business because your Not Satisfied :)
    As For Me My Wheel Is working Just Fine :D ....I Really Do understand your Frustration because such a great Wheel and it just Sucks for you that you cant Enjoy it too [-X ooooh well better luck with your next wheel Brand...Bye Chow Tooodalooo  Seee ya!!!
    I would, if I could ...
    And its funny how real problems with this product gonna be ignored by the fanboys.
    I paid so much for a wheel and have than such a noise pollution.
    When you compare it with the motor which is really silent its just perky to use such fans.

How can I be happen about such a s**t?
    Same with GT6, bought a game fullprice and only got half a game compared to GT5.
    That is rip off. When you blind to such things you are a poor man.
    Cos than you gonna buy all unready stuff.

• LMAO!!! Ok So just Send your wheel Back then And Never Buy any More Fanatec Wheels then :((
    I would, if I could ...
    And its funny how real problems with this product gonna be ignored by the fanboys.
    I paid so much for a wheel and have than such a noise pollution.
    When you compare it with the motor which is really silent its just perky to use such fans.

How can I be happen about such a s**t?
    Same with GT6, bought a game fullprice and only got half a game compared to GT5.
    That is rip off. When you blind to such things you are a poor man.
    Cos than you gonna buy all unready stuff.

You know, someone with your amount of resentment towards such companies, you think you would have wised up by now. I'm sure you've heard the saying "fool me once...", maybe you shouldn't have kept making the same mistakes over and over again. Or maybe read a review before your next purchase. And why even bring up GT6 here.. does this look like the 'wine about anything you please' forum? There is nobody to blame for your regrets but yourself.

I'm not trying to be a "fanboy", but maybe there is another way you could go about expressing your frustration with Fanatec rather than making empty threats, as I'm sure it won't produce the best results.
  • If I had spent more than 3000 bucks on gear and had problems with EACH item purchased even now with V2 base.....I would be FURIOUS too...
    And I think I would also still believe in the great products OTHER people have..
    Just incredible unlucky....I guess
  • GT6 freels Great Now I Love it!!!!

I had the in game settings Screwed up so it was Feeling Lazy to me but Now that i got them Right it feels Great.... Ive always been more of a Xbox Forza kinda guy but GT6 feels so much better than Forza  i feel like i been wasting my time on Forza!!! 
    Ive been on the PS3 more in the last 2 weeks than i been on it in the Last 3yrs because of the CSW v2!!!!
    Uuuugh i couldn't Help my self i ordered the CSW F1 rim so i can Play F1 2014 until the XB1 Rim is Released!!!
    See, GT6 isn't lazy ;)

I put yesterday my new formula wheel on ebay. Just dont like it. Hope it find fast a new home :)

I also sell my CSW V2 too, the PS4 question is still not solved and when its 100% clear.
    I can buy it again.

The Base is great, but when the support is not 100% clear its just too much money that lay arround.

BTW. If someone wanna buy it, its in germany ;)
    If I had spent more than 3000 bucks on gear and had problems with EACH item purchased even now with V2 base.....I would be FURIOUS too...
    And I think I would also still believe in the great products OTHER people have..
    Just incredible unlucky....I guess
    Looks like FURIOUS boy thinks "the base is great" but already decided to sell it, in which case why is he whining about a broken fan? "GT6 isn't lazy" either, yet he complains PD ripped him off??? Patrick can only contradict, nothing more.

Incredibly unlucky? More like FULL OF S**T.
  • Dillion you dont know how incredible pissing me off.
    You alway just read what you wanna read.

Where did I done the same mistake?
    This is my frist fanatec wheel and I'm absolutly not lucky with it,

Fanatec fooled me with wrong informations about PS4 compatiblity.
    The PS4 question is still unsolved and it was the main reason to buy this wheel.

This Thread is about "Let us know what you think about your new tool!"
    So I wrote what I think about this device.
    The functionality is great, but the fans are super noisy
    And PS4 support is still not answered.

So when I sell now this base, and later ps4 support is officially confirmed, and the fan problem is maybe solved too with silent ones, than and only than I would buy it again.

Support also told me that they working on the firmware to make the fans more silent.
    But till now they still noisy.

So stop telling **** about me.

Same with GT6 you dont know the whole story and just talking ****

• You have no idea on what you talking about.
    24Volts and Medium Speed

This fans simply sucks!

LMAO!!! Ok So just Send your wheel Back then And Never Buy any More Fanatec Wheels then :((

No it's about at least 80% of the products I have ever purchased from Fanatec have either needed a repair or replaced within the first year. The standards for Quality assurance are less than a DFGT from Logitech at a fraction of the price. While Johannes is a good guy and has been helpful I have had to deal with him way too many times and I feel quite sorry for all he has to endure.

So no it's not just one faulty fan it is a string of Fanatec products that have had issues and I no longer need the stress of dealing with it. At this point I would rather throw my Fanatec gear in the nice deep lake behind my house then ever have to bother Johannes again.

• edited January 2015
    Every Electronic Device Has issues... I Had to Send my First Fanatec Wheel Back For RMA also... My First other Wheel for XB1 went out on Me also.... I Have Not Had any Probs with my CSR Elite Ever... as they Make these wheels Stronger and Stronger alot of us Over Drive/Work the wheels with Excessive FFB Demands...I Dont use any of My Wheels on 100% once i get it Dialed in Comfortably its Not Necessary...Now the Down Side is that they Can Make FW that Cuts the FFB to a Level that Wont Damage the wheel but then you get Games that the FFB Needs to be Cranked up and Dont Have the Extra FFB Needed to Do So. Remember the CSW V1 the Motors were going out due to Excessive FFB Demands so they Cut it with a FW update and Every 1 Was Mad about that.... Sure they could use More Expensive Parts but then Most Couldnt afford the wheel. So when using the wheel i just Choose to be Reasonable and Not Expect More FFB than i Actually Need...Any More FFB than you Need is Extra. My Z does 160mph but i only drive it 65 to 80 if i Drive it at 160mph every day all day it would break down too.