Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited January 2015
    @GDOG, have a look at the HP Envy Phoenix line. They have a good selection of graphics cards and price range, if you want to go ready built for gaming. HP has excellent customer support. Another good name is Alien Ware. I have the HP Envy Phoenix 810-160 PC. There are some really good deals available, so shop around. It has USB 2 and 3, and HDMI and other connectivity. I have my CSR Elite connected to it and from the PC to the PC monitor via vga and to my plasma via HDMI. iRacing set to full clock, all graphics set to full. A great piece of kit.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015
    I have a V1.5 wheel base with no issues and i also have the v2 pedals with no prob.  I did however buy a new clubsport shifter and had the issue everyone had.  I will say Fanatec customer support was great.  They quickly handled the issue with no problems and had a new shifter out to me in no time.  Its unfortunate you are unhappy and no one in this forum can make you feel any different.
    Well if it's any consolation I don't believe the problems start until the blue prints are sent to China but Thomas is stuck with this choice in order to maintain price and profit margin but it's a fact he has taken a beating from the substandard work of his Chinese partners. Fanatec Support has been pretty good and have even stretched a warranty period for it's customers a month or so from time to time. How ever as for what I would like as a customer paying these prices is that my equipment will last me 5 years of use. However I don't have much faith in that happening. I still hope that the guys in China can achieve less of a failure rate of the products Thomas contracts them to build.
  • I have a V1.5 wheel base with no issues and i also have the v2 pedals with no prob.  I did however buy a new clubsport shifter and had the issue everyone had.  I will say Fanatec customer support was great.  They quickly handled the issue with no problems and had a new shifter out to me in no time.  Its unfortunate you are unhappy and no one in this forum can make you feel any different.
    Well if it's any consolation I don't believe the problems start until the blue prints are sent to China but Thomas is stuck with this choice in order to maintain price and profit margin but it's a fact he has taken a beating from the substandard work of his Chinese partners. Fanatec Support has been pretty good and have even stretched a warranty period for it's customers a month or so from time to time. How ever as for what I would like as a customer paying these prices is that my equipment will last me 5 years of use. However I don't have much faith in that happening. I still hope that the guys in China can achieve less of a failure rate of the products Thomas contracts them to build.
    I worked in the manufacturing sector for 35 years. 15 years of that was in Quality Control, developing and implementing systems and testing procedures that insured our product not only met with the requirements of our customers, but kept defects, waste, rework and make-goods to a minimum and costs under control. One thing that is tantamount in any quality program...make-goods, rejects and repairs under warranty are a cost centre to the company and not a remedy to the customer. These costs get passed on to the customer in future manufacturing. That is how some companies budget for the cost of non-conformance. That drives the cost up. When a product fails, Customers don't want their money back. They want value for their investment. They don't want delays in the use of their product while it is out for repair. Having to do that once is an inconvenience. Do it again and the customer will walk. 
    I sincerely hope that Fanatec is paying attention to the comments made here and elsewhere from their Customers regarding these on going and ever mounting quality complaints. 
  • With Every product you get a Few that will be Defective... Not Really about Fanatecs Quality Controle... They are using alot of out side parts that they Have No Quality Control over and the wheel is Still put together by Hand. Im sure that they Just Dont take the Cheapest Stuff as they Do Build a Qualty Product... Doent Matter Where they are assembled there will always be More Defects on Hand Assembled Products.
    They Have Made a Great New Wheel Give Fanatec a Break with all the Negative Quality Controle Talk Im Sure they are Doing the Best they Can and Trying to Keep Custmer Cost down. only 1 out of 10 people have negative feed back because of issues thats stlii 90% satisfaction Rating. Even TM Wheels Break Down people Been Modding/Changing the Fans because it over heats since day 1 it came out... My TM had to be RMA also... and TM is a Bigger Company that Mass Produces their wheel and still.has a High Failure Rate... Fanatec Has Made a Great Wheel... Nothing is a Perfect Science lets Take the Good.with the Bad... Who Knows you may get in on the Next wheel again with a Customer Loyalty discount. Im No Fan Boy I just call it how i See it....jmo
  • Also im Not Trying to Minimze or Take away from the way you Feel... What im saying is Nothing is Perfect Lets try and Give Constructive Feed Back so that Fanatec Can take our Comments and improve their Product... Alot of the Ngative Comments Sound sooo Bitter that they are Often Dismissed because the Majority are Happy with the Product. No Fanatec will Not Like Losing a Customer or Potential Customer but they are Not going out of Business because of that... 90% of the people are Happy and Satisfied at this point and tgey Have Made tbeir Customer Service Great Now!!! That used to be a Major Complaint!!! So With that said Fanatec Has and is Making Great Progress to Please its Customers. jmo
  • Also im Not Trying to Minimze or Take away from the way you Feel... What im saying is Nothing is Perfect Lets try and Give Constructive Feed Back so that Fanatec Can take our Comments and improve their Product... Alot of the Ngative Comments Sound sooo Bitter that they are Often Dismissed because the Majority are Happy with the Product. No Fanatec will Not Like Losing a Customer or Potential Customer but they are Not going out of Business because of that... 90% of the people are Happy and Satisfied at this point and tgey Have Made tbeir Customer Service Great Now!!! That used to be a Major Complaint!!! So With that said Fanatec Has and is Making Great Progress to Please its Customers. jmo

• My feedback is meant to be constructive. The subject line in this blog is let us know what you think... Nothing there that says only positive. And I didn't see anything there suggesting every comment was subject to criticism. Feedback of any kind needs to be heard by the manufacturer, so they can focus on the issues and fix them. 90% of people are happy? That implies 10% are not. That is terrible. And the costs to make those people happy are passed on to everybody. 
    Back to the comments. A few have ridiculed others for having "Let us know how you feel". The blog moderators (self appointed) have said "IMO", or "I call it how I see it" in rebuttal to those comments. Apparently that privilege is limited to only a select few. 
    Don't bother replying to this, as I won't be reading it. I really don't give a crap any more.
    Anyway, like some others who got fed up, Over and Out. 

• Dont be Sooo Sensitive... i wasnt Critisizing you fir how you Feel... But Being Sooo Angry and Negative is Not Necessary... You Have a Choice to Buy Fanatec or Not to Buy Fanatec if your unsatisfied with the Product or Service. But anyway Good Luck with you Future Purchases what ever Brand you Choose.
    No Not a Self appointed anything just Speaking my Mind as you are. Good Luck

• I think the percentage of Fanatec Customers that need to contact support regarding issues is quite high. AFAIK Johannes is having a tough time handling all the requests and I believe it as people say that their tickets are delayed by weeks at the present time
  • I've had the wheel since Dec 27th (along w/ BMW & formula rims), and I've about got it dialed in with AC, using Fanaleds and anti-FFB clip, and it's tremendous!  I've also messed around a bit in GT6, but it's getting more and more difficult to go back to that. I'm still looking forward to trying out Forza with it though, especially with Forza 6 on the horizon (no pun intended).  Great job with this wheel, Thomas!

Now I just need that CS shifter to arrive, and get a cockpit to replace my homemade setup, and I'm good to go.  (until I decide I need three monitors, anyway)

• I've had the wheel since Dec 27th (along w/ BMW & formula rims), and I've about got it dialed in with AC, using Fanaleds and anti-FFB clip, and it's tremendous!  I've also messed around a bit in GT6, but it's getting more and more difficult to go back to that. I'm still looking forward to trying out Forza with it though, especially with Forza 6 on the horizon (no pun intended).  Great job with this wheel, Thomas!

Now I just need that CS shifter to arrive, and get a cockpit to replace my homemade setup, and I'm good to go.  (until I decide I need three monitors, anyway)

Good to hear. Also, 3 monitors or OR? That's the real question. I'm hoping i can just skip the high price of 3 monitors and go right to the Oculus  [-O<

A bit of bad news, I just got my 1st RMA for the BMW rim, was starting to make some pretty annoying creaking noises, and they want me to send it back.

As per Andrew's comment directly above, I was able to make a ticket and the next day they had sent me an e-mail with information to RMA. Not sure where the "tickets are delayed by weeks" info comes from.
  • edited January 2015
    Ive had my V2 Since Dec 26th and So Far its Great... The More i Use it and Get it Dialed in the Better it Feels... Ive been Turning the FFB Down its Too Strong to use at 100%...Playing GT6 I use 75% With the Porsche Rim and 65% With the F1 Rim.. I Use it No Less than 4Hours a Day at 75% and it Blows Nothing But Cool Air out the Back... The Side Fan Comes on at a such Low Speed i Don't Even Notice it... i Have to Look in with a Flash Light to See if its on or Not... Some times yes Some times No.
    I Know Forza 5 will Feel Great with the V2 because the TX feels Good with FM 5 and its only Half the Machine that the V2 is im Very Happy with it
  • A bit of bad news, I just got my 1st RMA for the BMW rim, was starting to make some pretty annoying creaking noises, and they want me to send it back.

As per Andrew's comment directly above, I was able to make a ticket and the next day they had sent me an e-mail with information to RMA. Not sure where the "tickets are delayed by weeks" info comes from.
    Man, that's too bad.  Sorry to hear.  Of my new gear, I have only been able to use the shifter - and it has been great!  The BMW wheel seems so solid but I'm sure anything could happen when installed.   Hope all goes well and you get yours back in time at the end of the month.

...also, from what I've read about CES the Oculus may still have a ways to go.  I hope they get it sorted though as I personally can't wait to try it. 
  • A bit of bad news, I just got my 1st RMA for the BMW rim, was starting to make some pretty annoying creaking noises, and they want me to send it back.

Man, that's too bad.  Sorry to hear.  Of my new gear, I have only been able to use the shifter - and it has been great!  The BMW wheel seems so solid but I'm sure anything could happen when installed.   Hope all goes well and you get yours back in time at the end of the month.

...also, from what I've read about CES the Oculus may still have a ways to go.  I hope they get it sorted though as I personally can't wait to try it. 
    Yeah, it feels really solid and can't hear any creaking while not playing. It's just once the FFB torque gets put on it, it starts making the creaking noises like plastic edges rubbing against one another :/

Can't wait for Oculus also, I've heard the new spatial audio is pretty awesome, sounds like a welcome addition to VR  >:D<
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited January 2015
    I've had the wheel since Dec 27th (along w/ BMW & formula rims), and I've about got it dialed in with AC, using Fanaleds and anti-FFB clip, and it's tremendous!  I've also messed around a bit in GT6, but it's getting more and more difficult to go back to that. I'm still looking forward to trying out Forza with it though, especially with Forza 6 on the horizon (no pun intended).  Great job with this wheel, Thomas!

Good to hear. Also, 3 monitors or OR? That's the real question. I'm hoping i can just skip the high price of 3 monitors and go right to the Oculus  [-O<

A bit of bad news, I just got my 1st RMA for the BMW rim, was starting to make some pretty annoying creaking noises, and they want me to send it back.

I can't give any names but an individual in a forum I am involved with was urged to wait a couple of weeks and resubmit his ticket?

Also this AM was the 2nd instance of the rear exhaust fan sounding like it was failing.

• Last piece of my set has arrived, the handbrake. It's incredible!!
    This is how I managed to mount it on my Playseat without having to build my own adapter, I just used some spare parts of the Gear Holder Pro that were supposed to be used with the G25. It's really solid also because the handbrake touches the floor, so all the pressure you apply goes there.

I can confirm that it actually also works on PS3 with all games where you can set the sequential shifter to behave as an handbrake (Dirt 3, Grid 2...). Just make sure you plug the handbrake into your CSW V2 Shifter 2 port and that your Clubsport Shifter is set to Sequential mode and not H-Pattern.
    The only limit is that you can only use the wheel paddles to shift.

So far my only complains about the set are:
    • the left paddle on the universal hub started to be not smooth as it was at the start (after a few days), nothing major but still...
    • the Accelerator pedal started to make a noise after 2 days of use...I know oil will fix that but it's kind of annoying that it happened so soon.
    Overall I'm really impressed, I understand they are expensive but Fanatec really changes the entire experience. 
  • Last piece of my set has arrived, the handbrake. It's incredible!!
    This is how I managed to mount it on my Playseat without having to build my own adapter, I just used some spare parts of the Gear Holder Pro that were supposed to be used with the G25. It's really solid also because the handbrake touches the floor, so all the pressure you apply goes there.

I can confirm that it actually also works on PS3 with all games where you can set the sequential shifter to behave as an handbrake (Dirt 3, Grid 2...). Just make sure you plug the handbrake into your CSW V2 Shifter 2 port and that your Clubsport Shifter is set to Sequential mode and not H-Pattern.
    The only limit is that you can only use the wheel paddles to shift.

So far my only complains about the set are:
    • the left paddle on the universal hub started to be not smooth as it was at the start (after a few days), nothing major but still...
    • the Accelerator pedal started to make a noise after 2 days of use...I know oil will fix that but it's kind of annoying that it happened so soon.
    Overall I'm really impressed, I understand they are expensive but Fanatec really changes the entire experience. 

Very nice setup. Great way to mount the handbrake. I was having issues myself. Just might steal your idea. THANKS!
  • anyone else having issues with the V2 Wheel base switching itself off at random times?  Both on PC and PS3 I might get 5-10min, sometimes 30min or so.  Can be driving and all of a sudden....switches off.  Have logged a tech support question, but wanted to see if anyone else was having a similar issue.
  • edited January 2015
    Have you tried re-flashing your wheels FW?  some times you don't get a Clean FW flash...Ive been using my Wheel 5 to 6hrs a day at 75% FFB and it Blows Nothing but Cool Air out rhe Back and it has never shut Off on Me yet.

Also make Check to be sure all of your Plugs and cables are Connected Tight to the base then Check your Power Strip or Wall socket to make sure its Plugged Firmly into the wall and that you have a Power Strip that can Handle the Extra Current Draw when the FFB Cranks up if you have Multiple Devices(Tv, PC, PS3...ETC) Plugged into the same Power Strip.  Good Luck
  • Have you tried re-flashing your wheels FW?  some times you don't get a Clean FW flash...Ive been using my Wheel 5 to 6hrs a day at 75% FFB and it Blows Nothing but Cool Air out rhe Back and it has never shut Off on Me yet.

Also make Check to be sure all of your Plugs and cables are Connected Tight to the base then Check your Power Strip or Wall socket to make sure its Plugged Firmly into the wall and that you have a Power Strip that can Handle the Extra Current Draw when the FFB Cranks up if you have Multiple Devices(Tv, PC, PS3...ETC) Plugged into the same Power Strip.  Good Luck

Grimey I was going to suggest the power strip myself. Cheap power strips are the cause of many problems. And luckily it's an easy fix.
  • have re-flashed the firmware a few times.  will change the power strip and keep my fingers crossed.
  • Have you tried re-flashing your wheels FW?  some times you don't get a Clean FW flash...Ive been using my Wheel 5 to 6hrs a day at 75% FFB and it Blows Nothing but Cool Air out rhe Back and it has never shut Off on Me yet.

Hi Grimey, can you take a look at this video and see if you can help this person? They are having some issues and I suggested re-flashing as you said, but I don't know exactly how it works as I'm still waiting for my v2. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • Dillon Ryan

If Re-flashing doesn't help that's a RMA issue... The Rim is Not being seen by the wheel at all... The Flash process for this wheel is soo simple not too many ways to mess it up... but some time you just don't get a clean flash but that looks it maybe a Bigger prob... lose wire or something.
  • tried new power strip. same issue.  tried different powerpoint (direct connect) same issue. tried it in different room and same issue. drops out every 5-10min so I'll be following through with the RMA.  bummed, but at least Fanatic are quick to respond to questions, and I'm sure all will be resolved soon and I'll be back having fun :)
  • The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
    why even buy it in the first place then ?
  • The wheelbase just arrived. But I will not unbox it yet; why; because there is no wheel  I can play with my XBOX One :(

Hope to get soon some answers from Fanatec regarding this issue Thomas :)
    why even buy it in the first place then ?
    To pay less then the 599 actual price
  • Just installed and running for about half hour on F1 2014(pc) w/CSWv2 + FormulaCarbon. Suddenly I vaguely felt like Ayrton Senna when his steering column broke free. The formula rim was able to rotate off its pivot axis by about 10 to 15 degrees. Pretty startling tbh, was in the middle of a race and suddenly the rim gave way. I drove slowly for a few more moments until I realized something was very wrong. I shut off wheel and disconnected the rim. 

Upon closer inspection, I noticed all the allen/hex screws inside the quick release mount were loose. Mainly the 5(3mm) around the perimeter, they were very loose, and the small one in the middle was only slightly. I quickly checked the other hex screws, which gladly there were none loose on the main front plate. 

Those of you with new bases might want to check these, as I'm wondering if there wasn't any permanent damage done from flexing or whatnot. I thought I remember seeing someone with the same issue with one of the 1st batches sent out late last year, not sure though. [-(
  • Thanks for the head's up.  ...but that is totally not cool.  Makes you wonder if they can't tighten those screws, what else did they not do?  Doubt is not what we want, here.  Pretty sure #5 was touted as "Rock Solid." 

Hope it lives up to that!  By the way, did you get your BMW rim back?  All sorted? 

As for me, still waiting for a ship notice.  Derp!
  • Upon closer inspection, I noticed all the allen/hex screws inside the quick release mount were loose. Mainly the 5(3mm) around the perimeter, they were very loose, and the small one in the middle was only slightly. I quickly checked the other hex screws, which gladly there were none loose on the main front plate. 

Those of you with new bases might want to check these, as I'm wondering if there wasn't any permanent damage done from flexing or whatnot. I thought I remember seeing someone with the same issue with one of the 1st batches sent out late last year, not sure though. [-(
    Same thing happend to me so guys check those screws!