Let us know what you think about your new tool!

1161718192022»

Comments

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited March 2015
    The Wheel in that Video is Off... The Power Light is Not on... Take a Closer Look.

Im Not Suggesting any 1 tamper with their wheel but the Belt adjustment is Simple... And you dont take the wheel apart to do it Either.. its all done right from the front face of the wheel... The Belt attached to the Motor Side usualy Breaks in Quicker because its Subject to Direct FFB & Heat from the Motor...No Big Deal if you Know How to Tweek it and Snuggg it back up.

The wheel in that video is on is it not... That's why im surprised by what you said... It looks like it's in PS3 mode by the looks of it?

If you look closely, it looks like its in PS3 mode.
  • For some reason I can't even watch the video - but, if you set DRI to 4 it removes all dampening in the wheel and it should turn freely.  A lot of people have been recommending a setting of 3 but I find it not very realistic and leave it at default.  To each their own.

Sorry about your wheel.  It has got to be frustrating.  The worst part of my wheel is that I don't have more time to use it.  I hope yours gets fixed right this time so you can worry about apexes not jutters or clicks. 
  • The Wheel is Off... It is Not in PS3 Mode that is the Light in the Room Reflecting in the Led Display Corner.
    Look at the wheel Off/On Power Button Take Note that it is Not Lit Up!!! When Powered on that button Lights up Red. The wheel in the Video is Off.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    For some reason I can't even watch the video - but, if you set DRI to 4 it removes all dampening in the wheel and it should turn freely.  A lot of people have been recommending a setting of 3 but I find it not very realistic and leave it at default.  To each their own.

Sorry about your wheel.  It has got to be frustrating.  The worst part of my wheel is that I don't have more time to use it.  I hope yours gets fixed right this time so you can worry about apexes not jutters or clicks. 
    For some reason that post made me feel like I know you, it bright me down off the ceiling, had valuable information (I didn't know dri4 was up dampened) and made me laugh and smile at the end ;)

Thanks for that x
    Hopefully it will get sorted, I know it's not a big deal, it's just a shame it's at me having to take time of work for deliveries, packing it all up, testing it before and after, making videos etc.. Have a great weekend everyone x

• I Agree with Fritz... Both points... I Leave the Damping at Default and that I Wish i Had More time to just Sit let the World pass by and just use My Wheel!!!
  • Very Strange... I can Watch the Video on My Phone(Glxy Note3) but i Get a Error Message when trying to watch it on my PC.
  • For some reason I can't even watch the video - but, if you set DRI to 4 it removes all dampening in the wheel and it should turn freely.  A lot of people have been recommending a setting of 3 but I find it not very realistic and leave it at default.  To each their own.

For some reason that post made me feel like I know you, it bright me down off the ceiling, had valuable information (I didn't know dri4 was up dampened) and made me laugh and smile at the end ;)

Thanks for that x
    Hopefully it will get sorted, I know it's not a big deal, it's just a shame it's at me having to take time of work for deliveries, packing it all up, testing it before and after, making videos etc.. Have a great weekend everyone x

I totally get it.  Not getting that out-of-the-box love affair is really tough to get over.  And that is without the long wait we all had to endure.  Hang in there - Fanatec will come through. 

And when they do, maybe we'll meet out on track and you can give me a point-by.  Although, I bet I'll have to give you one.  :)
  • Natalie did you finally get everything sorted with the wheel to your satisfaction ?  I must say after not being on these forums for a long time it is a bit disconcerting to see so many with issues on their CSW v2 as I had thought like everyone that this wheel was going to be so super strong and well built.

What is the final take ?  Has Fanatec delivered a much stronger and quality product that previous or is the jury still out on that one ?  cheers mb
  • Well finally got my whole V2 setup including shifter and pedals and have been using it for about a week. I checked all the hex bolts immediately and all were well torqued and everything fired right up. Don't forget to do a full calibration as per Fanatec's instructions- until I did that, things were very funky indeed.

I must say I'm very impressed. In Assetto Corsa, RF2 and iRacing the default settings are very good. In R3E things are a bit different, I had to really mess with things to get it working to my taste. 

PS3 mode works really well, but in GT6 I had a terrible oscillation on the straights and had to dial in a dead zone to get rid of it.

Overall, this is a huge upgrade from my G27. The pedals and shifter are absolutely fantastic. I love the feel of the BMW GT rim. The packaging and build quality are exceptional and the feel of the FF is very nice in comparison. I *hope* to get many years out of it.
  • edited April 2015
    in GT6 set ingame wheel Sensitivity to 4 and Force to 10... It doesnt get ride of the Oscillation but it Reduces it alot. Thats How i Run Mine and it Feels Great. i dont Use DeadZone... also i use 540 wheel rotation works with every Car Realy well
  • in GT6 set ingame wheel Sensitivity to 4 and Force to 10... It doesnt get ride of the Oscillation but it Reduces it alot. Thats How i Run Mine and it Feels Great. i dont Use DeadZone... also i use 540 wheel rotation works with every Car Realy well
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • Not trying to be rude but a real car wheel doesn't either?

It's not about reality, it's about build quality and consistency and if the wheel is functioning as expected :)
    When off it Moves like that... when on there is Damping Built into the Firm ware... But in the Video he is Flicking the Wheel Harder than it Seems!!! It doent just totally Free Wheel with No Resistance. as far as the Creeking Noise your belts Need to be Re-adjusted... I did that on My CSR E and it works fine to this day.
    When OFF your wheel moves like that, but when ON its got dampening built in? This is even more bizarre then, as his shell is powered ON!
    And when OFF my wheel gets no where near that level of low resistance?

Just mail RMA that things hvae gotten only WORSE after you sent it in Nathalie.

Don't go tweaking it yourself while under warranty.....if you can't get it right your only making things worse and perhaps your warranty's gone !!!!

Hi,
    Yea I won't tinker with my wheel my self. I'm not confodent enough. But it's gone back and had a new motor once already (within a few days or arrival) now it's still not right, clicking, juddery, seems ... Just seems off?

I asked if they would just do a straight swap for a replacement (considering it was diagnosed as faulty on arrival, and I'm sure that DSR etc all entitle the buyer to a replacement) but they said no? Repairs only, which can take another week or more, and after €2000 spend, I'd just like to use it :)

I thought Thomas and the team would just swap it out, but it seems it's at the users Inconvinience, which is a real shame for such a big spend. This cost more than some of big home purchases and if I experience any issue with them, I get them resolved immediately with a 5 year warranty as standard.

Not having a go, I suppose fanatec are willing to fix it, but if you deliver a faulty item, and it's diagnosed as faulty on day of arrival, I'd just ship a replacement and switch it over on the door (which is usually the case u der distance selling remulations, as noted by Amazon etc...)

Not a big deal. Just means that after 3 weeks, I still have a faulty wheel... Was faulty in week 1, was away being repaired in week 2 and is still faulty (ish) in week 3? It's a shame as my experience overall has been exemplary with fanatec. Look at my posts praising them. But now, I'm getting a little worn down of the Inconvineice always being on my side :(

No worries though, just excited to use to my €2000 fanatec sim sig.... But can't :(
    I'm wondering if you couldn't get some compensation for such inconveniences.. Wouldn't hurt to ask I suppose. 

You could also request a full diagnostic on the base before they send it back to make sure no other issues occur(hopefully they would do it the 1st time around?). It's not the buyers responsibility to point out every defect in the product, imo. If there are other issues than the initial reason for RMA, they need to be corrected also, a little extra care given to make sure base is as perfect as it can be. The fact that you need to send it back, only after just getting it back is pretty embarrassing for Fanatec, imo.

Good luck with next repair.
    Mine has been the same way I have received in October sent it back twice now and I need to send it back again this is really getting to be a problem this time the repair lasted a bout 5 hrs of use I have been happy with Fanatec equipment till this wheel sure hope they will make it right 1000 dollars worth of stuff and at this point I am almost going to call it CRAP! I have been with out more than I have got to use it and when they remburst you for shipping PayPal takes 1.50 from you that Fanatec makes you EAT!!!!! plus now I have to make yet another video and wait for them to get me another RMA REALLY!!!! COME ON FANATEC!!!
  • edited April 2015
    Hallo Thomas, wan gibt es den handy Halterung für universal hub ??
  • i have the v2 a week now, this is something else  :) .
    love everthing about it, fan's aren't noisy, feedback is great.
    gt6 feels nice now, the wheel make's the game a lot better.
    ^:)^

next month finally project cars

Hey,
    What settings are you using for GT6? I still haven't found a perfect combination. I find it a tad jerky :(
    Can you post all in game settings and wheel settings please :)

Also, my fans are quite noisy too, my base clicks when turning (had to send it back, after I posted a video fanatic said IT was faulty) :(

Also,
    Does anyone else's wheel rotate as freely as this!

Mine is not as free moving, makes a grinding noise when rotating to the right, makes clicking noises when in use, has been send back and repaired once already :( ... I'm not sure how I feel, but I haven't really used mine much since it came back as it's still not quite right but I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do.

Same thing here. Clicking noise + you can feel this on the wheel, when turning right only and above a specific force applied.

Got it repaired (Johannes replaced the limiter), but after a few hours same problem. I asked for a replacement and got the new one today.

Surprise surprise, same defect, even worse actually :(
    I'm losing my patience here, are they all defective? Is this my bad luck only 2 out of 2 with the same problem?

I am impressed with everything if it wasn't for this problem (you can still play but doesn't feel right for an expensive item - i also feel this defect can get worse with time). 

I really don't know what to do, get a refund of the entire set (I bought everything) and go back to the "rock solid toys"? The problem is after trying Fanatec it's difficult to go back...if only they could get this right :(
  • I'm having lots of trouble with my rear fan on my csw v2 it's been in three times now for repairs and still squealing or just stopping altogether, is there a way to jus turn the fans on rather than being controlled by pwm?