Let us know what you think about your new tool!

Comments

• For people in the US the delay has been caused by union labor negotiations on the US west coast.

Not True I've been working my A** off down here on the Port of Los Angeles.  Working Now.

• This is all very disappointing. 

The reality has not matched the hype. The excitement was palpable....All gone. :-h

I ordered mine on September 30 along with a new Porsche rim and Shifter SQ, no small order.... I can not get delivery until end of December on any of it..The fact that I was charged for it, without any commitment for delivery and almost 3 months later down the road still nothing, shows me that we actually funded our own product orders. I think I will get another delay email this week in the "break it to them gently" series of customer service communications that we have been getting. The offer to cancel my order is as irritating as not getting a firm delivery date. What? then ..Go back to the back of the queue.  Really?
    No fear!..I wouldn't see anything until spring or summer 2015.
    Its hard to see how Fanatec could come back from this PR nightmare
  • I love my toys.These are TOYS.these aren't tools. Ive never missed a days work or a paycheck because my CSR Elite didn't perform properly.They're toys.Expensive toys for grownups.Woody and Buzz would look a V2 right in the eye and tell it "you're a toy"We often forget this stuff isn't life or death.I love the people who ore-ordered the V2 and are still waiting for an Xbone rim, bitchin.THEY AREN'T OUT YET.you knew that going in.hell there's not even a leaked picture of one online or anywhere yet. Thrust-master makes a cheaper toy for racing games,plasticy and everything.It might as well be a FisherPrice . Anyone thats that fired up,order the FisherPrice.Get the sucky pedals and mod it with the $175.00 load cell brake mod that still sucks and then sell it when your V2 comes in.Problem solved. Or we can do what we preach to our children,show patiense  and set a better example for the rest of us waiting for our toys to arrive.That being said,I reserve the right to be a flaming a-hole and disavow any knowledge of this post if my friggin V2 doesn't come in on time.Like I said "I love my toys"I didnt say anything about not being a Hippocrate.
  • I love my toys.These are TOYS.these aren't tools. Ive never missed a days work or a paycheck because my CSR Elite didn't perform properly.They're toys.Expensive toys for grownups.Woody and Buzz would look a V2 right in the eye and tell it "you're a toy"We often forget this stuff isn't life or death.I love the people who ore-ordered the V2 and are still waiting for an Xbone rim, bitchin.THEY AREN'T OUT YET.you knew that going in.hell there's not even a leaked picture of one online or anywhere yet. Thrust-master makes a cheaper toy for racing games,plasticy and everything.It might as well be a FisherPrice . Anyone thats that fired up,order the FisherPrice.Get the sucky pedals and mod it with the $175.00 load cell brake mod that still sucks and then sell it when your V2 comes in.Problem solved. Or we can do what we preach to our children,show patiense  and set a better example for the rest of us waiting for our toys to arrive.That being said,I reserve the right to be a flaming a-hole and disavow any knowledge of this post if my friggin V2 doesn't come in on time.Like I said "I love my toys"I didnt say anything about not being a Hippocrate.
    It's a matter of use, really. 

If I modded a nailgun to fire without the safety and proceeded to shoot lined up cans off a fence, then yes, I would consider it a toy. But if you take that same nailgun and use it to it's most effective function.. as such to be using the v2 to progress in a  career with iRacing or the like, then it is not a toy. If you were to use the v2 base just to play the arcade classic Daytona USA, then I would indeed consider your v2 to just be, a toy.
  • Fanatec's rule No1 = It's not a toy
  • Rule No 2 = It's not a matter of life and death, it's more than that.
  • Hi All
     Thought I should give my thoughts on the V2.

I was one of first and had it for a couple months. I have owned GT2, CSR-E, CSW-V1 and now V2. I do not race on xbox anymore. Nascar the game steered me to iracing and I have never looked back. I am pretty much only Nascar ovals so I am still using the heavy BMW rim which is great. I read on page 2 I think in this post a guy like CSR-E better. That one I don't understand but we all are different. I think the big question is is it worth moving from V1 to V2. For me it was but I am middle aged and this is my hobby and the cost of the wheel hasn't kept me from eating. If I saved up months for this wheel and expecting great changes I might have been disappointed at first.

FFB is stronger and it is smoother but I don't run FFB real high so not a big deal for me. The cogging is less but still have that sharp knock in the center on rough tracks. 

The very biggest thing for me is the higher resolution and having more control catching slides. Over last couple of months I have gone from mid pack to towards the front way more often and I credit this to this wheel.

If you are looking to upgrade to a higher end wheel give this one a look for sure. If you are expecting huge gains over the V1, don't.

To me it was worth it. No regrets at all but this is my hobby and I am passionate about it.

• Its hard to see how Fanatec could come back from this PR nightmare
    Well every product launch has been like this, they always come back because the end product is so good. 
  • I know its not a real toy to most of us.I mean just because we plug it into our GAMING consoles and use it to PLAY video games  doesn't make it a toy anymore than say, a wi-u tennis racquet  or a plastic strat used to play guitar hero.Its a very serious,very expensive video gaming devise used to simulate the act of driving.I mean heck,they don't even list a suggested appropriate age for use.How could it be a toy? This is not a toy,this is serious stuff here.Plug it into a pc and now its really serious, not to be trifled with .At my rapidly advancing age I'm glad I can afford such amazing gaming devise.Thomas and team fanatec,thank you for continually creating such fantastic toys.You keep making them and Ill keep buying them. Id love to stay and bust balls a little longer but Ive got a tee time shortly.I gotta go grab my  wi-u club and hit the links.Hotshots golf awaits.
  • It may not be a "toy" but it's certainly not as serious as some treat it. Again all these items are wants. And those of us that are blessed enough to own them should remember that. I know I have much more important things to get worked up over. And as I stated before if getting a email that says my order is delayed is the worst thing that happens to me I'm doing good. NO, I'M DOING AMAZINGLY GREAT!!! Just put it into prospective is all I'm saying.
  • I know its not a real toy to most of us.I mean just because we plug it into our GAMING consoles and use it to PLAY video games  doesn't make it a toy anymore than say, a wi-u tennis racquet  or a plastic strat used to play guitar hero.Its a very serious,very expensive video gaming devise used to simulate the act of driving.I mean heck,they don't even list a suggested appropriate age for use.How could it be a toy? This is not a toy,this is serious stuff here.Plug it into a pc and now its really serious, not to be trifled with .At my rapidly advancing age I'm glad I can afford such amazing gaming devise.Thomas and team fanatec,thank you for continually creating such fantastic toys.You keep making them and Ill keep buying them. Id love to stay and bust balls a little longer but Ive got a tee time shortly.I gotta go grab my  wi-u club and hit the links.Hotshots golf awaits.
    Don't lump us all together with your eccentric perception of reality. Plenty of us use this equipment for simulation purposes, which your mockery isn't welcome. 

Relating the v2 to your wii-u golf club.. what a joke.
    Don't lump us all together with your eccentric perception of reality. Plenty of us use this equipment for simulation purposes, which your mockery isn't welcome. 

Relating the v2 to your wii-u golf club.. what a joke.
    a wiiu golf club doesnt cost a $500+ dollars
  • Don't feed the trolls guys...
  • I live in the UK, Ordered my V2 base on 2nd Oct and have just received this from Fanatec after I sent a question regarding my order ...

Hello James,

thanks for your inquiry.

Today we got a new update. The ship will arrive end of this week and after the products are on stock we can ship your order out. This will be early /mid next week.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Claudia Faltermeier

Fanatec_Gameshop – Sales Department

•  " What a joke" your right, I was joking .Don't be such a d-ck.I derive the same thrills and enjoyment from these devises as anyone else in here .I'm not mocking you or anyone .I'm just poking a little fun and participating in the discussion.I'm simply making light of the fact that people are so fired up because shipping dates get moved and this really isn't that big of a deal.I dont think Thomas i trying to pull one over on anyone. I would hate to see a Christmas ruined for some kid because his wheel is in a shipping container somewhere,but as far as my"eccentric perception of reality",Sir a full blown racing simmulation rig with all the bells and whistles has a lot more in common witrh a wi-u golf club than an actual race car.Ill let you in on a little secret.Buzz isn't actually a space ranger.
  • Wait what!! Buzz isn't a real space ranger? Questioning so much now.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited December 2014
     " What a joke" your right, I was joking .Don't be such a d-ck.I derive the same thrills and enjoyment from these devises as anyone else in here .I'm not mocking you or anyone .I'm just poking a little fun and participating in the discussion.I'm simply making light of the fact that people are so fired up because shipping dates get moved and this really isn't that big of a deal.I dont think Thomas i trying to pull one over on anyone. I would hate to see a Christmas ruined for some kid because his wheel is in a shipping container somewhere,but as far as my"eccentric perception of reality",Sir a full blown racing simmulation rig with all the bells and whistles has a lot more in common witrh a wi-u golf club than an actual race car.Ill let you in on a little secret.Buzz isn't actually a space ranger.
    Your "joking" is nothing but sarcasm. Participating in the discussion by merely sloshing your opinion around as definitive facts. Then proceed to disregard a valid point that the v2 is used differently by different people, making your "just a toy" statement moot. 

And seems you have some insights to share with us in mechanical and industrial engineering. Please enlighten us with the similarities between your wii-u golf club and the v2 base. I would also love to hear about your pedigree with race cars. 

Btw, Buzz has more in common with being an actual space ranger than the v2 has in common with that sybian "toy" sitting in the corner of your room.
  • If you want proof Lisa here are the very words of CEO Thomas describing his product.
    'The words to describe it is very simple. This is the real thing, THIS IS NOT A TOY replica wannabe wheel with a lot plastic this is like a real race car wheel.

@ 2 min 50 secs
  • Nice Vid...DAMN I hope there will be one available for us XOners...DAMN DAMN DAMN
  • If you want proof Lisa here are the very words of CEO Thomas describing his product.
    'The words to describe it is very simple. This is the real thing, THIS IS NOT A TOY replica wannabe wheel with a lot plastic this is like a real race car wheel.

@ 2 min 50 secs

Great video thanks!

• I live in the UK, Ordered my V2 base on 2nd Oct and have just received this from Fanatec after I sent a question regarding my order ...

Hello James,

thanks for your inquiry.

Today we got a new update. The ship will arrive end of this week and after the products are on stock we can ship your order out. This will be early /mid next week.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Claudia Faltermeier

Fanatec_Gameshop – Sales Department

Great news!
  • Are you kidding me?Really?Did I somehow offend you in a ?ive made like 5 posts on this  website and you've everytime found a reason to bust my ball from the word go.I bought an Elite the season they came out and still love it. Now im dropping more big coin on the newest piece of gear and waiting patiently just like everyone else.I regularly check my account hoping for some good news and I periodly leave a lighthearted remark.I don't need your ****.have a merry christmas.
  • Im really sorry to break the comments on is it a toy or not.......lets change the subject guys and stop with the back and forth.  Did anyone else happen to see the V2 Base sell on ebay recently for $910.00 with $80 shipping? CRAZY!  
  • Are you kidding me?Really?Did I somehow offend you in a ?ive made like 5 posts on this  website and you've everytime found a reason to bust my ball from the word go.I bought an Elite the season they came out and still love it. Now im dropping more big coin on the newest piece of gear and waiting patiently just like everyone else.I regularly check my account hoping for some good news and I periodly leave a lighthearted remark.I don't need your ****.have a merry christmas.
    And here I thought I remembered reading that you were the one doing the ball busting..
  • Im really sorry to break the comments on is it a toy or not.......lets change the subject guys and stop with the back and forth.  Did anyone else happen to see the V2 Base sell on ebay recently for $910.00 with $80 shipping? CRAZY!  
    I posted a link to it a few days and said it was rubbish. I was hoping they would barely break even, but unfortunately that didn't happen.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited December 2014
    Lisa Rocchi, you go! There are a few self anointed spokes people here. Don't sweat it. I appreciate your lampoon and humour. "Those guys" ( :-h ) who don't get it are missing out. I, too have the CSR Elite with stock rim, a Formula rim and CSR pedals with inversion kit. They work great on the XB 360 and the PC when I race in iRacing. 
    No I won't be selling them. 
    I also have the CSW V2 base, got it  a month after I ordered it in October. Ordered only on the word that a new rim would come along that would make it Xbone compatible. :-)  I can't use the Xbone hand controller due to arthritis in both wrists, so I will wait somewhat impatiently for the release of the rims in March/April. 
    So, Lisa, ignore the post Nazis and keep having fun. Cheers!

• Ive been dieing to talk to someone about the Elite compared to the v2.Do you have a rim for it yet or are you still waiting?I skipped the v1 so I'm curious to see for myself how big of a leap it is.I have a buddy whose already bought my Elite and the formula rim and my clubsport pedals the second the v2 comes home so no more xb360.no more forza 4,bummer. hopefully the new rims for microsoft and maybe someday sony come out soon enough to take advantage of the next gen before the next-next gen renders my stuff obsolite again.  thanx
  •  such a d-ck.
    the post Nazis

Isn't that cute.. the two that, when all else fails start calling names, are sticking up for one another. 

Awwww
  • Hey Lisa, so far I can't comment on the CSW V2 and how it will handle. We, and others are in the same boat, waiting for the Xbone rims. I have no intention of getting rid of my CSR Elite. I can use it as I said before for all else but the Xbone. When that time comes, we can compare notes, and share our happy times and hugs with everyone else.  Cheers!

•  such a d-ck.
    the post Nazis

Isn't that cute.. the two that, when all else fails start calling names, are sticking up for one another. 

Awwww
    ABSOLUTE D-CK PAIN IN THE ASS