Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Where did you see v373 drivers? I thought 372 was the latest

• 372 is the latest, there is no 373, not even internally. Was a typo for sure.

• Jesus LucenaJesus Lucena Member
    edited August 2020

• Nobody is recommending waiting and not updating to 372. In fact, it's much better than 365...

• so at the moment they recommend not updating to v372 ??. I am on v365 and everything works fine. but the truth is that I am looking forward to all these new improvements. :) Fanatec DD1 PS4. Thank you

• all right Maurice. I will update with the advice step by step and comment on how it went. Thank you very much for your prompt reply Maurice. :)

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Because 3 had issues with updating the DD WQR FW or got issues afterwards I've now changed the driver to 373 which doesn't feature this update anymore.

• 373 installed, no issues with detection etc.

QR update has gone as expected, will update on performance later. Thanks

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Weird, you said you have a DD1 base but this setting was only a thing for the CSL WB, you should not see this. Thanks for reporting. I'll contact you directly to ask for log files.

• update carried out successfully. no problem following the fanatec step by step. The only thing that Fanalab initially recognized me as the steering wheel as the xbox one. I have selected mine from ps4 and everything is perfect. the new improvements are great. I have to congratulate you !!. And then I don't know if it's placebo or not ... but ffb is much more sensitive ??. I can immediately recognize when the car loses control and correct it before I totally lose control of the car. this in iracing. and I also wanted to know if something has changed in the brake's sensitivity. Braking is much easier with this controller. is it true ?? .. or is it placebo ?? LOL. Thank you very much for your work. At the moment in two hours (it is little) no freezing and knocking in the race (with a good INT and FEI configuration) and the noise when turning off the base practically insignificant. Bravo Fanatec !!!

• What a concern, I am simply overwhelmed with a feeling of anger and resentment that I became a victim of incompetence and have been living in hell for the last 2 days, my plans were ruined, the further fate of my base is unknown, how could such drivers be released? I just do not fit in my head!

I am at a distance of 5000 km from Germany, the place where I bought the base, how I will send it and how long it will take, I just cannot believe all this (((((((((((((((

Thank you very much fanatek, special thanks to the beta testers who did their job well ((((((((

• Just contact Marcel via PM and your case will be handled to your full satisfaction and pretty fast I am sure. And stop blaming betatesters, which tested everything properly and didn't had a single issue on updating anything. Such things unfortunately can happen with public Beta drivers.

• Read through a lot of posts here, I didn’t see much for the CSW V2. Getting ready to update my CSW V2 with Xbox Universal Hub. Is there any real benefit on the CSW V2? Will the V2 be supported for much longer?

thanks!

• Maybe I don't understand something and live on another planet?

Just how it can be combined:

- everything was checked properly

and

- Podium Racing Wheel F1®, your top product that turns to brick with driver installation

• Didn't you read Maurice's message? Those things can happen and unfortunately you are one of those who got it bricked. Stop complaining about the same thing now and get in contact with Marcel ffs.

• Help needed !

So I decided to update to the new driver 373 which I shouldn’t have done. 

I also updated fanalab to the new version. 

My first mistake was to install fanalab without uninstalling the old version. I never got to install the new base driver on the base. 

So now my issue. After I rebooted the computer I couldn’t detect the base. 

I then uninstalled fanalab and rebooted. Installed driver 373 on desktop and rebooted and I could detect the base but trying to open Fanatec property page failed. Error message. 

I then dialed back to base version 356 on my desktop just to text. Installed and reboot. Again base is detected but error message when opening properties page. 

I’m lost. I don’t know what to do. 

So in short first I updated fanalab and that screwed up everything. I have now deleted fanalab but still have the same issue. 

Also despite that property page isn’t working the base and rim still works in iRacing .....?!!! 

Anyone who could point me in the right direction here ? Before I throw my computer out the window?

• edited August 2020

In case you missed it while in anger please read also Maurice's post in the previous page.

• edited August 2020

Installed the new updates on my DD1 with PS4 F1 Rim, works great! Not sure what changed under the hood, but big improvement over the previous drivers.

I did have a bit of an odd experience when I went to calibrate the DD motor, it's supposed to turn clockwise/counter clockwise slow. Mine spun SUPER fast for a few seconds then stopped. Re-ran the calibration and it worked as intended.

All said, nice update!

• Hi Maurice,  Marcel and everyone. Just wanted to share my amazement from changing to those drivers, coming from the non beta drivers. Amazing feeling using CSW 2.5 + Heusinvelk Sprint + Xbox one USB hub+ Fanatec Handbrake and Shifter.

The only thing that has happened is that now only 3 "segments" light from the ring are on, although this morning when I switched it on again, 4 were working but as soon as AC was launched only 3 were working. Before with the non beta drivers, all 4 lights were spot on.

Is anyone experiencing this issue using those drivers, or someone could point me towards a specific fix or explanation, that will be awesome. Or if you believe it is better to just contact Fanatec Support for this, I cannot feel any problems whatsoever with the wheel at all, it is just the 4th ring light is not there...

Looking forward to your replies.

Super Kind Regards.

Jay.

• I was one of the unfortunate DD1/PS4 v372 beta installation which bricked the DD1 when it was installing the WQR firmware, now the WQR is 'stuck' at v0 and unable to communicate with the firmware installer. At this state, the DD1 will not detect any wheels.

I have a private message going with Maurice, and he is looking at the logs but likely this will need to RMA. While this is frustrating, I believe that they will take care of the matter under warranty(DD1 is only 2 months old).

I spoke with 2 of my local racers and their DD1/PS4 never had firmware upgrade issues. Leading me to believe there is a defect my device that needs further investigation.

• Why are so many people get confused with Maurice and Marcel, lol. :D

• Ok I performed the update on my V2 and now when I go to setup the new device settings, the ABS setting has been removed and now I have a new setting called BLI. Can anyone point me to what this setting is for? I can’t seem to find anything in the CSW V2 documentation.

Thanks!

• It's the same, just renamed because the name was confusing because it had nothing to do with Telemetry based ABS.

• Thank you! Is there a location where we can find an easy reference on the wheel setting, and what they do/how they affect the wheel? For example "What does DRI do and how does it affect the wheel feeling" or "What does DPR do and how does it affect the wheel feel?" etc.

• Sascha FrankeSascha Franke Member
    edited August 2020

The inexplicable "klonks" were previously felt once a month.

With 372 every day now!

DD + PS4pro + F12020

• I don't understand that, what do you mean by clones?

• Are you on the default Fanatec screen? In this driver the jolts should be fixed for that screen, other screens including the ITM can still cause those jolts.

• I always use the normal start screen.

before that there was almost nothing. Now every day

This discussion has been closed.