Fanatec Beta Driver V373 (372 before) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Which game? Which settings? Are you sure those aren't FFB effects?

• Why is there an V373 ? Changes from V372?

• edited August 2020

ROMANIA

2020.08.17-Fanatec_driver_373

------------------------------------------------

SHIT FORUM - Romana - (CACAT) ------------------------- An agglomeration of idiots - FORUM

DD1, DD2 - PC - Separated

DD1, DD2 - XBOX - Separated

DD1, DD2 - PS4 - Separated

CACA (SHIT)

I installed the program and it doesn't work. He does not see the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 EU steering wheel.

FAKE PROGRAM.

YOUTUBE - MANUAL INSTALL PROGRAM - 2020.08.17-Fanatec_driver_373.

Was my money good when did I buy DD2 ?

I do not know English...

SHIT FORUM...

• Quote from previous page: Because 3 had issues with updating the DD WQR FW or got issues afterwards I've now changed the driver to 373 which doesn't feature this update anymore.

• F1 2020 and 100% sure same settings like the 365.....

• How should I know your previous settings? :P When do they happen?

• edited August 2020

When to expect a support response? It took 2 days, the only thing that I was asked after 2 days is the serial numbers, although they were indicated when sending the request!

I am very glad that a user with the same device as mine began to unsubscribe about no problems installing the patched driver 373

It's a pity that as a client I had to work as a beta tester and sacrifice the health of my device in order for the driver to be corrected.

I just don’t understand how it was possible to allow this, because Podium Racing Wheel F1® is not an assembly of some rare base + steering wheel combinations - this is a top boxed solution from your company, how is it possible not to test a new driver on it?

Considering all of the above, the employee responsible for testing drivers before publishing writes me a message

- Calm down and stop blaming us, we did an excellent job!

How can you not be indignant reading this message and looking at your non-working base?

And yes, Maurice, do not tell me what to do, I will express my claims as much as I want and whenever I want, I have a reason for this, thanks to your incompetence, my device is inoperative. My plans for racing as a team member collapsed, 2 months preparation collapsed. And at the moment it is not known how it will all end and when, given my remoteness from Europe.

P/S Google Translate

• In fact, reading my messages from the outside, I understand that I look like an offended girl, but enter into my position, a device for 2 thousand euros in 1 moment becomes a brick, if I lived in Europe I probably would not panic so much in the worst case, I would send it and wait for a new one, but again, I am very far from Europe and if the problem is not solved remotely, I will lose the device for at least 3 months, this is a tragedy for me!

• edited August 2020

I would also understand if these were rare one-time problems, but you look at the situation objectively:

Within a year you have been vupaska drivers, with constant problems, in my memory three versions of these drivers were banned for downloading 4 days after users broke their devices!

And just think, it happens YEAR! Version by version, problems, problems, problems!

Honestly, on the forums dedicated to simracing where I communicate with a lot of people, many experienced people have spoken out that fans have had serious quality problems lately, what do you think I, as your client, have the same opinion now?

In my opinion, this is a colossal blow to the company's reputation, it is not clear where the management is looking!

• Stop your whining already. Every other post is from you. Shit happens.

• edited August 2020
    • Wheel Base Model- Csl Elite +
    • Steering Wheel Mode- F1 esports
    • Driver Version: 373
    • Base FW Version: 674
    • Motor FW Version: 22

Hi!

So played f12019 on Driver 365 without any problems, Problems started on f12020 with a skipping/notch feel when doing tight turns, feels like a jump in the force feedback kinda mid turn (see thread for more info) https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/13406/ffb-error-f1-2020-dd-and-csl-elite#latest

Then went back to driver 328 and the problem was much less obvious then 365, Now tried this new beta and unfortunately the problem is once again there and it’s unplayable. So I’m back on 328 now just me wanting to share my problem with developers.

• Fanatec Podium Button Module Endurance the screen no longer shows me the telemetry after updating to firmware v373 but only the speed.

even returning old drivers of the software package from the fanatec site the problem remains.

• you need to scroll through the different ITM pages by pressing and holding the Tuning Menu Button and turn the Funky Switch. Also FanaLab 1.47 has to be running in the background.

• Everyone who downloads this software is a beta tester - including you. Congratulations - you found a bug.

• I've always done this, but now it shows me only the writings but without any telemetry inside there are the empty spaces without any data

• I didn't have a choice between using the beta driver or not. I am the owner of a Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911, and anyone who bought it has to install the beta version of the driver. otherwise it will not work.

It turns out that this is not voluntary beta testing, but forced, i.e. fanateс forces customers to use software that is not properly tested and can harm the device by incapacitating it. Did you take this fact into account when congratulating me on the error found?

• Then those values are not supported by the sim.

Which Sim supports which values please see the included PDF File.

• It is called beta for a reasson. You download under your own risk. If you want safety stay with the steady drivers until a new steady driver is released.

Regarding the other forums, NEVER EVER an OP will say that he fucked up intentionally or not. It is always the OP that did everything good and the hardware/software/testers/company that are bad.

From all the people that downloaded 372 beta only a few faced this issue and the company that you and the others in other forums are blaming are trying to make it right and help you even with RMA. But first they need to fugure the excact steps you did and your devices were bricked and if this problem can be fixed remotely or being RMA’d.

Just give them time.

• edited August 2020

I didn't have a choice between using the beta driver or not. I am the owner of a Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911, and anyone who bought it has to install the beta version of the driver. otherwise it will not work.

• edited August 2020

If you were reading what is mentioned correctly the podium DD doesnt have to have the beta 365-372-373 for your PBME to work. It works ok with 356 on the DD bases. (Not sure about the 347 though).

as said. You were caught in the problem that only a few faced. Give them time and will be solved soonest possible.

• You said that when I downloaded the beta version of the driver, I did it at my own peril and risk, it turns out that when I bought a Porsche steering wheel, I officially did it at my own peril and risk, which is exactly what I wanted when making a choice in favor of fans.

As for the fact that only a few people face a similar problem on the base. At least any Podium Racing Wheel F1® owner who decides to install a recently published driver would have encountered it, there are many owners of such devices, which is why the corresponding adjustments in the driver were made so quickly, faster than the support answered me, amazing.

• Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited August 2020

Best comment I've read about this issue so far and the perfect response to Mokapobula.

• We got it now. Stop spamming this thread with the same message again and again. Wait for a response from Fanatec. If you got in contact with Marcel things might get going faster. Have patience now please.

• I updated my DD2 to v372 a few days ago and no major issues. I ran into the problem where it wouldn't detect the wheel base but repairing the driver install helped.

One thing I noticed is that the power supply has its fans on all of the time now. The wheel base is OFF, but the power supply is still plugged into the outlet with the fans going. This hasn't happened before so just checking to see if anyone else is running into this.

• edited August 2020

Fan always running is normal its because of a high room temperature.

This behavior was jot changed with driver or firmware because you can't control how the PSU fan should react. If it didn't happened before then because your room temp wasn't that high.. ^^

BTW the temp thresholds are different for every PSU it seems. A PSU of a friend starts to let its fan spinning at a room temp of 26°C or higher, my PSU fan starts at room Temps of 32°C..

• Thanks! Coincidentally I updated at a time when we are in the middle of a very rare heat wave (I'm in San Francisco / Northern California which is normally quite cool) so the room is a bit warmer these last few days.

Appreciate the response and thanks for helping throughout the thread so far.

• Did the update on my CSL ELite PS4 all good so far...

is normal too feel a little grainyness? not quite sure it was there with v365.

• Which Motor Firmware did you run previously? Were you on Motor FW 22 already?

• edited August 2020

Thanks Maurice.

FYI I have tested V372 on my CSW V2.5 with Formula F1 2018 V2.

Conclusions:

No more logo flickering.

No freeze.

No more klonk when switching off.

Hence, so far so good and best beta drivers tested.

Thank you Maurice and all the testers.

This discussion has been closed.