Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• I think it's perfectly fine Natalie has only control, and I think stock bmw is the best way to seperate the time differences. Cause if I start tweaking springs etc I can make it more stable.
  • @Dillon, I don't wanna waste my money on that one, cause my PS3 is only for practice till I've got the hub.
    I'll see if I can back up my entire PS3 hard drive on usb
  • edited April 2015
    Antoine Your Never Gonna get a USB that Can Hold sooo Much Data... Connect a External HD to your PS3 and Save the Game there... that would be an investment if you dont have 1 because the XB1 only has a 500gb HD and thats Maybe about 6 to 8 games... Some of the games are 40gb!!! Sooo Yes you will Need a External HD if your planning on a Buying Few Games...My HD was Half Full after only 4 Games!!! i bought a Western Digital 3TB External HD works Great... When your done using it for PS3 with it just Re-format it to XB1... But you Will Loise All of your PS3 Data if you dont put your Game Save info back to the PS3 HD... and same XB1

If you have or Buy 1 MaKe Sure its USB 3.0 and its Backwards Compatible to USB 2.0!!!
  • Grimey...I got my PS3 going again, works like a charm with new laser. Also picked me up a used copy of GT6 but how the heck am I gonna install over 40 GB on a 60 GB console???
    Swap the HDD for a larger one. I added a 4TB HDD to my XO
  • I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

• Which System Jason??? that PS3 BMW is a Dream Car to Drive... What was the Lap Time
  • Which System Jason??? that PS3 BMW is a Dream Car to Drive... What was the Lap Time
    On XO in FM5 the BMW Natalie wanted us to use.  I ran a 2:26.130 on my 4th lap ever driving it. Of course I can drop down to S class and beat that time, but still I found that car so easy to drive, never got loose, never touched the grass, it just held the road. I'd probably drive it some more, but I'm not a big fan of driving with a gamepad.
  • never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub
  • edited April 2015
    No one has a Hub yet so No Hub News to Talk about... this thread is Great because when the Hubs arrive it will still be going and we Have Hub VS Pad times to Compair.

But Most importantly No one is Fighting or Bikering Back and Forth PC vs Console, this sucks that sucks etc... just a Bunch of people who Love racing are enjoying and sharing Comments and lap times.
  • Grimey, Jason, THANX for the advice. But I'm all good now.
    Used a 32 GB USB stick to do a back up. Didn't play that much on PS3. So after that I'll see if I can install GT6 or I'll restore factory settings and then install GT6
  • Off course deleting all gamedata first, before installing. LoL
  • Here is V1.6 with updated times and features :)
    I'm hopeless with a pad, last used in 2003 on a PS2...

Anyway, tried half a dozen laps on FM5 with a pad, got ~2:49 dirty.
    Then I thought I'd try a few laps on the (PS3) GT6 equivalent with my old Porsche GT2 wheel - 2:23.9 clean...
    I'm sure I could get the pad time faster with more practice and remapping a few buttons but I doubt I'll get anywhere close to the wheel time.  Reckon there's another second or two in the wheel time with a perfect lap too.

CSW V2 can't come soon enough.  SQ shifter already here.  Momo rim already here...  I wonder whether PCars will be out by then :)
  • @Natalie: Ok, that's great....would be even more great if everyone would use the R888 version and do an auto update to get it to R900, or use the Aston Martin (which is default at R900). I'm saying this because racing against eachothers ghost (via rivals R-class) is awesome and you can learn alot ;) Would be even more nice if we could have an actual race together with everyone here setting times ;P

@Grimey: Wow!!...amazing Zed you have there! ;D  (Mine is a gun-grey coupe, not much upgrades apart from Wolf Racing Intake, race-catalysts and Nismo suspension).
  • @Natalie: Ok, that's great....would be even more great if everyone would use the R888 version and do an auto update to get it to R900, or use the Aston Martin (which is default at R900). I'm saying this because racing against eachothers ghost (via rivals R-class) is awesome and you can learn alot ;) Would be even more nice if we could have an actual race together with everyone here setting times ;P

@Grimey: Wow!!...amazing Zed you have there! ;D  (Mine is a gun-grey coupe, not much upgrades apart from Wolf Racing Intake, race-catalysts and Nismo suspension).
    we can do more than one comparison. 
  • Hmmmm... that Might be a Smart Idea!!! a Rim Quick Release bolted to to the Hub Quick Release...But that Seems like it makes the Rim Poke out Further...You will have to Re-adjust your Seat and Pedal Position to accomodate for the Rim Poking out further.... i just went through that and Had to Re-adjust my Pedals....you will be Surprised how 1/2 inch will affect your Driving and Lap times....Do you have any pics if how this Looks??? Seems Like it Might Work.
    They are Slim Line QR's and not even an inch thickness it is minimal
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015
    Support for wheel rim vibration went out all together with driver 205 so if your up to date none of your rims should have vibration motors activated in the rim
    I guess your vibration motors are dead then because they work just fine on my Formula Rim.
    Did you read what I posted? the vibration motors work fine in my BMW and Formula rims it's just when my v2 shipped it shipped with driver 200 and the vibration motors worked with depressing the throttle. When I updated the driver to 205 the vibration motors no longer activated with depressing the throttle and even Thomas said that feature was done away with. However I no longer have the v2 and I am using my v1 base with driver 200 and I have vibration from depressing the throttle in my wheel rims
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015
    CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
    No, it did not remove vibration, mine works just fine on my Formula Rim, you can even use the driver itself to test the vibration. Obviously you have an issue with yours.
    Your not running driver 205. Actually if your CSW v2 is your first Fanatec Wheel you might not know what I have been talking about. which I have explained in the last couple of posts. If you have your pedals hooked to your base driver 200 and earlier if you pressed the throttle down in game or not the vibration motors were activated by doing this. Fanatec removed the feature in driver 205
  • edited April 2015
    Spa 2:25.033:

Assetto Corsa Hot Lap on Spa w/V2...I had a Beautiful Lap but i Messed up the Last Corner. I can get it Down to a 2:23.xxx Stock Suspention Not even aero Added!!!

Forza5 is the only Version of that Car that Handles poorly... this worrys me because i Have Never been a fan of Turn10/Forza wheel Physics... Just because a Car Slides around doesnt make it a Simulator!!! Thats a Race car its Supposed to Handle PC Assetto Corsa and GT6 Same Car and Track and the Car Handles well Forza is the Only Version where the Car Handles Sloppy.
  • The Throttle Still Vibrates the Rim Motors on PC if you Have ABS Set to Off and the Game Suuports that Feature.... I Just Tried it with Assetto Corsa but then I Have Fanaleds and the Fanaleds could be causing the Gas Pedal to Vibrate the Rim because that feature is Built into Fanaleds you can Check or uncheck the Features you want within Fanaleds on PC ...But That Feature Does Not Work on Console with 205...Andrew Clark is 100%Correct.
  • assetto corsa pad 2:29.104
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)
    never seen a thread go so off topic.   not much discussion here about the xbone hub

I feel this thread is on point. We are current the customers who will be receiving the XBOHUB (and beta testers too)

We have therefore decided collectively to see how much this hub will affect our gaming experience, including performance, immersion, consistency etc and we are recording the data in a controlled (to a degree) environment and publishing them.

This allows other users to get real data that can demonstrate how the hub has (for example) improved FM5 for the users. eg. increased their times, consistency and therefore overall enjoyment of the game.

That allows potential buyers to quantify their purchase based on real world examples, owning this could allow them to become more competitive when playing against their friends who own thrustmaster wheels etc..

We are all openly discussing tests, comparisons and in the mean time having fun, getting to know each other, having a laugh and eagerly anticipating our delivery of the XBOHUB.

For example, Chris, Josha, Grimey Andrew Antoine etc are now in my friends list, we chat daily in here, we race each other's ghosts, we "know" each other. When the HUB arrives we will all still be here posting data directly from the hub that could help others make an informed decision regarding the purchase of a hub.

And as Grimey said, the amount of negativity on some on the other threads was fatiguing. The results that we post could (and likely will) be invaluable to some of those who are interested in purchasing the hub. It's about as on topic a thread I've ever seen. Again as Grimey said, it's better than the boring age old drama that is "my sim is better than your sim" and "my platform is better than your platform" and slamming fanatec for delays.

This is definitely a far more pleasant way to pass the time waiting for the hub to arrive, by priming the data, readying the tests and posting the results...

Things this thread has released so far:
    A Slim QR plate can be fitted directly to the hub allowing users to actually have quick release wheels. Examples have been provided, pictures, instructions, products posted and even solutions to some bugs found by doing this etc.

A collection of lap times vs hub times in controlled environments (all stock all default all using the same hardware)

Comparisons of the physics and times between the pad and the current hub in PC sims which will also be directly compared to the Pad vs XBOHub in PC sims and Console sims.

A future test of PCars for XBO vs PS4 vs PC using the HUB on ALL 3 PLATFORMS allowing for the first time a real test of the differences of the game, between platforms, using the same fanatec hardware.

Plus loads more other useful tips and info that's presented throughout the pages :)
    Well that's just my opinion :D

Times updated and new version with a section for ANY car and PP to be added for ANY user against ANY game :D
    Should be up later today.

If you want anything added to the sheet just say, we can add anything, no restrictions :)
  • edited April 2015
    Natalli i will get that BMW down to the Low 2:24.xxx or 2:23.xxx for Sure!!! Check the Video and Look at My Cornering Speed i was Pushing its Limits as Hard as i Could and i Could Clearly Feel Every Loss of Grip with the v2!!! I Messed up in 2 spots 1 was at the Top of the Long up Hill Straight that Goes Right then Left into another Right turn i was in 4th gear and Had to Go to 3rd... i didnt line it up properly but i saved it from going Off Road and the 2nd Mistake i Made at the Last Right Left before the Finish line... I Over shot that Corner Big time!!! that Last Mistake Cost me at least 3/4 of a Sec!!! i
    just Ran a Few Laps before bed i will Do it again tonight and see what i get.

Even when Pushed to the Limits the Car is Very Stable With No Assist!!! Every Squeel of the Tires while Cornering on the Edge of Grip Can be Clearly Felt with the v2...its a Great wheel.

I wish i Knew how to Make better Videos!!! I was Looking to find the Game Save Replay Data and up load it from PC but i couldnt Locate the File... So i Shot the Replay from My Phone
    How do you guys Shoot such Clear Videos???.
  • Support for wheel rim vibration went out all together with driver 205 so if your up to date none of your rims should have vibration motors activated in the rim
    I guess your vibration motors are dead then because they work just fine on my Formula Rim.
    Did you read what I posted? the vibration motors work fine in my BMW and Formula rims it's just when my v2 shipped it shipped with driver 200 and the vibration motors worked with depressing the throttle. When I updated the driver to 205 the vibration motors no longer activated with depressing the throttle and even Thomas said that feature was done away with. However I no longer have the v2 and I am using my v1 base with driver 200 and I have vibration from depressing the throttle in my wheel rims
    Yeah, I read what you posted, hence my reply. My vibration motors work just fine with driver 205.
  • CSR-E? Do you mean the Forza Branded CSR? CSR-E has not been offered for quite some time. If your talking about CSW v2  it might ship with driver 205 which removes support for the wheel rim vibration motors. driver 200 will activate vibration motors in the BMW, Formula and maybe the P 318 wheel rims. 
    No, it did not remove vibration, mine works just fine on my Formula Rim, you can even use the driver itself to test the vibration. Obviously you have an issue with yours.
    Your not running driver 205. Actually if your CSW v2 is your first Fanatec Wheel you might not know what I have been talking about. which I have explained in the last couple of posts. If you have your pedals hooked to your base driver 200 and earlier if you pressed the throttle down in game or not the vibration motors were activated by doing this. Fanatec removed the feature in driver 205
    Of course I'm running driver 205 and no, this is not even close to my first Fanatec wheel. Obviously you have a problem with yours, my vibration motors works.
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

I found that BMW so easy to drive, I bought it and did 4 clean laps right off the showroom floor.

That's great, hopefully you can get it down to 2.23 relatively easily as that's when I began to find the car really difficult to drive. My fastest time was 2.25 and I found the harder I pushed the limits of the car became very apparent :)

Natalie, I'm referring to the STOCK  bmw in FM5, not upgraded and not in another game.
  • @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

Natalie, I'm referring to the STOCK  bmw in FM5, not upgraded and not in another game.
    Yeah, most of the rest of us thought that car was really hard to control without tcs/stm and compared to the other games in F5 it was the hardest to drive. It has so little grip in 1st or 2nd gear. You could just be better at driving in Forza with the pad than us, me for sure. 
    @Grimey I like that lap, the car does indeed seem to grip or drive better than the forza. I was surprised to hear Jason say it drive its self. BMW #92 is like driving on wet glass :)

So am I? :)

I got 2.25.446 and 2.26.170 stock, no assists, simulation steering, manual gears BMW #92

But to me it's very slippy to when pushed to the limits in the corners and using 1st 2nd gear (as mentioned by Josha above).

My fastest time is 2.25 but it was marked as dirty because my PREVIOUS lap went wide on the second last corner, however my 2.25 lap was perfectly clean and forzas method of marking the next lap dirty is questionable in my opinion.

That said my "official" fastest clean rivals time is 2.26.170 and I know for sure I can get that down to 2.24.xxx after a few more laps. I just need to get on the throttle a tad earlier out of a few corners ;)
    edited April 2015
    Heres the updted times:
    v.1.7

still have more sections to add and ammend (for more cars and tracks) but they will follow as and when they are needed :)
    blog didnt upload it frst time?
    An edit facility that allows us to add the file would be great if your reading this Thomas ;)
    edited April 2015
    As Jedrzej (best regards to Nigeria) cannot participate in the beta test, I will give the unit to Natalie who respondet fastest and is certainly qualified. And hey, she is our first female tester.

If we need more testers, i will let you know.
    Hi Thomas :)

I know you're busy, but a quick questions?
    Do we have a time frame in which the beta testing will be taking place, will it run parallel to the release of the product' or in the weeks (prior) running up to its release?

Thanks in advance :)