Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Hmmmm... that Might be a Smart Idea!!! a Rim Quick Release bolted to to the Hub Quick Release...But that Seems like it makes the Rim Poke out Further...You will have to Re-adjust your Seat and Pedal Position to accomodate for the Rim Poking out further.... i just went through that and Had to Re-adjust my Pedals....you will be Surprised how 1/2 inch will affect your Driving and Lap times....Do you have any pics if how this Looks??? Seems Like it Might Work.
    This will work well for me as I wish my wheel was 1-2" closer, but when I was looking at QR's I was concerned about the additional weight damping the FFB effects.
  • edited April 2015
    Jason Shaffer you Must be talking about on PC then because The Rim Vibration May Work for Engine on PC but it does Not work like that on PS3.
  • Ohw, I thought that if you turn ABS off the brake pedal should vibrate by lock up.
    And again I feel frustration about the hub...we pay a whole lot more for JUST a hub than the BMW rim...need to buy a seperate rim AND we loose vibration function cause the hub won't have those motors...so we're double F-ed ???
  • Very Smart Idea a Rim Quick Release for the Hub!!! I May order a Hub Now instead if waiting for a Stand alone Rim... This is a Great Idea!!!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    Times updated :)

@Greg - Don't worry too much about the settings as this is just a fun experiement to test the difference between the xbox one hub vs the xbox one pad on an xbox one game (Forza 5).

Its not a test for the car vs its real life counter part, we're not competing against each other, we all agree that its not a real life sim. We just turned the assists off as this would likley allow us to reveal the biggest differences (if any) between the options currently being tested (and its fun) :D

I really like that idea of adding a QR to the hub guys, that could really open up a world of possibilities. Im going to look into that! Thats a very interesting avenue to go down and i'd be suprised if fanatec were not on this already.

XBOHUB + QR + RIM = Everyone is happy!

• edited April 2015
    Antoine Gossens Nope No Need to Be Stuck!!! PS4 works with the Rims No Need for Extra Equipment...The Day they Said Yes PS4 works as is i Went Straight to best Buy and bought1!!! The PS4 and the Hub are the Same Price and with everything being Multi Platform Except Forza it was a No Brainer for Me!!! By the Time FM6 comes out the Hub will be Readily Available and Hopefully they will Have Stand alone Rim options out also.... GrimeyDog Will will Not Feed MS Greedy Pockets and Have to wait too!!! Thats a insult to the injury their Greed has inflicted!!! and No the wait is Not Fanatecs Fault they probably got the OK to make the Hub at the Last minute and M$ Is Being Slow giving out the Security Chips....Fanatec cant Make Hubs without it.
    The QR Hub Has been Here for a While but Needs the Chip to Be made XB1 Compatable so its Not like Fanatec had to make a New Design they are just waiting on more Security chips.
  • Very Smart Idea a Rim Quick Release for the Hub!!! I May order a Hub Now instead if waiting for a Stand alone Rim... This is a Great Idea!!!

• Won't the buttons be too deep/far from your thumbs/fingers?
  • Ok looked up some real life times for Spa and the BMW M3 GT2 2:23.

So I started up Pcars and the V2. Set up the game options to real for assists etc and was setting consistent 2:26 - 2:27 lap times.

Whereas in Forza there are times being set that even real life Pro drivers cannot set. It is interesting that forza claimed to be a sim but you have always been able to set times much faster than real life, whereas in Pcars and full sims you really have to work hard to get close to the real times.
    I will try it on assetto corsa this weekend with my V2 once my sim seats srx comes in and I can get my whole rig set up. It will be interesting to see my time because I am the slowest with the pad on here. 
  • Hmmm... I didnt think about button Placement.... Hmmm....

Natalie Bissell i think that Assetto Corsa Has that Same BMW and Spa... Im Gonna Run it on the PC with the V2 and See What time i get i will Keep you Posted.
    Good point about the buttons being to far away, but still this warrents further investigation. Fanatec could very likely create a low cost (thin) QR and sell it as an accessory!

I'd buy 3 of them, and 3 rims - on day 1 if they did. It's a very interesting concept.

@Grimey/Josha I can build a new spreadsheet if we ever fancy testing the same car, track, settings, hardware on all sims to compare the results and actually see the differences between the sims.

I personally don't think I'll ever get a 2.23 on forza with the assists off. In fact that's only actually been achieved by 2 people here so far :)
    edited April 2015
    Ok looked up some real life times for Spa and the BMW M3 GT2 2:23.

So I started up Pcars and the V2. Set up the game options to real for assists etc and was setting consistent 2:26 - 2:27 lap times.

Whereas in Forza there are times being set that even real life Pro drivers cannot set. It is interesting that forza claimed to be a sim but you have always been able to set times much faster than real life, whereas in Pcars and full sims you really have to work hard to get close to the real times.
    I will try it on assetto corsa this weekend with my V2 once my sim seats srx comes in and I can get my whole rig set up. It will be interesting to see my time because I am the slowest with the pad on here. 

Hmmm... I didnt think about button Placement.... Hmmm....

Natalie Bissell i think that Assetto Corsa Has that Same BMW and Spa... Im Gonna Run it on the PC with the V2 and See What time i get i will Keep you Posted.

Try using your pad as well just for reference purposes :D
  • 08 M3 E92 us this the Same BMW that is in FM5??? If so i will be Testing it on Spa to See What time i get with the V2 and Posting the time for Comparison
  • I Havent Raced with a Pad since FM2!!! I Suck with the Pad Now Especialy with No Tunning!!! I Have Very Strong (Auto Mechaninc) Hands...My Fingers Lack the Finness Needed to Half Thtottle and Turn Smoothly.
  • Natali Bissell that 2:29.xxx dirty lao i Ran was with the Pad... I Ran that before i got my TX... 2:29.xxx dirty with the Pad and a 2:21.xxx with the TX wheel & T500 Padals!!! Thats a Huge Difference!!! My Pad Skills are Long Gone!!! the Last i Raced Seriousely with a Pad was FM2. My Pad Skills are Gone... LOL
    edited April 2015
    Yea I'm the same, I hate the pad with a passion, but it's just interesting to see how bad we are with it, it's funny if nothing else ;)

The BMW in Forza 5 is 2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2

So if they have somethjng similar in AC that would be good to test the differences between them. I suspect there is a difference (obviously) but I'm curious as to what % ... Again we could collate some very interesting results here :)

I can create an excel spreadsheet to calculate all the differences for us if need be :D
  • Good point about the buttons being to far away, but still this warrents further investigation. Fanatec could very likely create a low cost (thin) QR and sell it as an accessory!

I'd buy 3 of them, and 3 rims - on day 1 if they did. It's a very interesting concept.

@Grimey/Josha I can build a new spreadsheet if we ever fancy testing the same car, track, settings, hardware on all sims to compare the results and actually see the differences between the sims.

I personally don't think I'll ever get a 2.23 on forza with the assists off. In fact that's only actually been achieved by 2 people here so far :)
    yeah, none of our times are "slow" I beat my whole friends list, including people using cars rated 899, but some people on here are really fast. 
    I will try the pad in assetto corsa in the next few days, but it probably will be a really slow time, that game is not designed for pad play. 
    Seems pretty close. 

• Antoine Gossens Nope No Need to Be Stuck!!! PS4 works with the Rims No Need for Extra Equipment...The Day they Said Yes PS4 works as is i Went Straight to best Buy and bought1!!! The PS4 and the Hub are the Same Price and with everything being Multi Platform Except Forza it was a No Brainer for Me!!! By the Time FM6 comes out the Hub will be Readily Available and Hopefully they will Have Stand alone Rim options out also.... GrimeyDog Will will Not Feed MS Greedy Pockets and Have to wait too!!! Thats a insult to the injury their Greed has inflicted!!! and No the wait is Not Fanatecs Fault they probably got the OK to make the Hub at the Last minute and M$ Is Being Slow giving out the Security Chips....Fanatec cant Make Hubs without it.
    The QR Hub Has been Here for a While but Needs the Chip to Be made XB1 Compatable so its Not like Fanatec had to make a New Design they are just waiting on more Security chips.
    Yeah we get it, big corp is devil, and yet you already own a TX to race on Forza 5.... so what are you ranting about, yet again?
  • Dillon Ryan Im Not Ranting Nore am i Mad about anything... Im Just Execising My Choice to Buy or Not to Buy... Im Not in any Rush because as you say i Own a TX Wheel for XB1... and Yup when the Supply is Full I will Choose to Buy a Hub or Hopefully a Stand alone wheel for the XB1.

My point in that Post was about Waiting to use my V2 on XB1 when Clearly i Have the Choice to use it on PS4 for the Same $399.00 and Enjoy it Now.... When FM6 comes out the Hubs or Stand alone XB1 Rims Will Hopefully be instock and i Can Excercise My Right to Have the Best of Both worlds or Choose to Buy or Not to buy depending on the Reviews. Good Day to you Sir.... LOL
  • edited April 2015
    How Many of us Have a PS3 and GT6??? I will Test the BMW GT2 on Spa with the V2 on PS3... It would be Good if we had a few people to Post PS3 Spa Times too.

a Few Months ago I Ran the Stock BMW GT2 at Nubergring F1 to Test the PS3 vs Assetto Corsa Physics and Lap Times... It was Pretty Close in Lap times and Physics wise The PC Physics are Sharper and Stronger but if i Had to Rate on a Number Scale AC would be 10 but GT6 would be a 7 physics wise.
  • All i'm sayin Grimey, is that we've heard the same thing from you and others how many times now? Let the horse be dead, mate.

I wouldn't mind getting back into GT6 a bit, haven't even tried it yet with the v2. I suspect it should be good, like you say, Grimey.
    Yea GT6 times would be interesting. The more we test, experiment and log is good, even if for nothing more than informative purposes.

I like the data, comparisons and delta times between games/peripherals etc as it helps (me) to get a good setup between all the games I play and gives me a balanced and educated overview of the REAL differences between titles :)

I'm even going to use the XBO HUB to try Horizon :) it's surly got to fun blasting one of those classic cars, with classic fm down the coast at sunset. Forget physics that's got to put a smile on anyone's face surly? :D

• Yea GT6 times would be interesting. The more we test, experiment and log is good, even if for nothing more than informative purposes.

I like the data, comparisons and delta times between games/peripherals etc as it helps (me) to get a good setup between all the games I play and gives me a balanced and educated overview of the REAL differences between titles :)

I'm even going to use the XBO HUB to try Horizon :) it's surly got to fun blasting one of those classic cars, with classic fm down the coast at sunset. Forget physics that's got to put a smile on anyone's face surly? :D

yeah that game will be good for playing with 6 speed mode
  • Jason Shaffer you Must be talking about on PC then because The Rim Vibration May Work for Engine on PC but it does Not work like that on PS3.

Yeah, on PC for my V2 and for PC/360 on my CSRE, the vibration works for either gas or brake.

I gave my ps3 away, but I don't think the old ps3 specific wheels even had vibration motors in them.

• Ohw, I thought that if you turn ABS off the brake pedal should vibrate by lock up.
    And again I feel frustration about the hub...we pay a whole lot more for JUST a hub than the BMW rim...need to buy a seperate rim AND we loose vibration function cause the hub won't have those motors...so we're double F-ed ???
    The pedal does vibrate with ABS turned off if you're not limited by a console. The Universal Hub and the BMW rim are the exact same price. Only the XO Universal Hub costs more and seeing as BMW rim doesn't even work on XO it wouldn't be fair to compare the price there.
  • edited April 2015
    All i'm sayin Grimey, is that we've heard the same thing from you and others how many times now? Let the horse be dead, mate.

I wouldn't mind getting back into GT6 a bit, haven't even tried it yet with the v2. I suspect it should be good, like you say, Grimey.

Ok Agreed Dillion :)>- I will Try Not to Mention PS4 anymore but understand im Excited about PCars and F1 coming out for it in June \:D/

Do you Have your V2 with a Rim already??? if so Yes Hook up your PS3 and try it with the V2 its Very Good!!! Lets Compair the BMW on Spa and post Results to see How Close all the Systems are with Track Times... I drive all the Cars Stock suspention on GT6 with Just Aero added to Balance it out... The V2 is that Good and i Get Great Times!!! I go into the Quick Races and i get 1st Place Alot... Well that is if i dont get Ran off the Road... LOL... i can usually catch up and get 3rd or 4th Some people in there are Very Fast though... Its Easy to See who is using a wheel vs the Pad by the way they take the Corners... Seems that Wheels are definitly Faster in GT6 to me.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

I'll never race the gt series again after experiencing RUBBER BAND in actual multiplayer races, that's just completely unacceptable. One of the reasons I gave my ps3 away.

I know Forza 5 uses rubber band in single player because I'm so fast the cars behind me have to be sped up to finish the race and I recorded the leaderboard after a race a few times to prove it. The first couple cars to finish behind me would have completely smashed the world record by a few seconds , meaning RUBBER BAND was used, but not in multiplayer!

• Check Europe prices Jason...we pay hell of a lot more for less!!!
    That's just my point...BMW rim is far more complete than the XOne hub. Yeah..the hub works on all except for 360...BUT you'll lose the vibration motors AND need to buy a wheel too!
  • Rubber band?
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

That's debateable, if you want to race Forza the BMW rim is useless.  Way, way back when I suggested a Universal Hub for XO I asked if the vibration motors could be put in the Hub itself, but Thomas never replied so I guess there was some kind of reason they didn't add them. The V2 is so powerful though that it pretty much drowns out most the vibration effects anyways so not a deal  breaker for me.

Buying the rim doesn't bother me as I can and did pick the one that I wanted, for the very first time in my sim racing history! A nice 330mm OMP round GT wheel, can't wait!