Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• im gonna Do Assetto Corsa tonight with the BMW...

Dillon or Greg How or What do you guys use to capture your lap vidoes??? I cant get mime to record clear like that.

also for Future Videos it would be Good if you put the Hud on So we can Compair Straight line and Corner Speeds that way we can Compair the Track per System and See whats the diff between times Line or Track... Some Versions the Corners are Steeper and to you have to Slow Down Much More and Some just Flow Smooth Corner to Corner.
    game DVR on X1 and then upload to youtube. I am doing assetto corsa controller tonight, maybe turbo S wheel as well and then can compare to V2 
    im gonna Do Assetto Corsa tonight with the BMW...

Dillon or Greg How or What do you guys use to capture your lap vidoes??? I cant get mime to record clear like that.

also for Future Videos it would be Good if you put the Hud on So we can Compair Straight line and Corner Speeds that way we can Compair the Track per System and See whats the diff between times Line or Track... Some Versions the Corners are Steeper and to you have to Slow Down Much More and Some just Flow Smooth Corner to Corner.

Looking forward to both of these.
    I'm going to do a very in depth analysis of PCARS PS4 VS XBO using the V2 and the HUB. I'm going to absolutely put it under the microscope on the consoles and then do a final Console vs PC I think. I can't wait for the hub to arrive so I can begin collating the results and really getting into and finding the differences between the 2 :)

But first I'm going to do that with Forza 5 and Grimey I'm looking forward to yours and Josha and Dillons too. It'll be a great read and very interesting to see how they both compare.
    i have never played assetto corsa, so I probably will have to get used to how it plays as well. 
  • Ok a few times

Forza pad clean 2:27.683
    Pcars v2 clean 2:24.757
    Assetto Corsa v2 clean 2:26.478

I know with a wheel in forza i could go quicker but just have to wait.

But the v2 is a superb piece of equipment in the pc games.
  • I will get a video of assetto corsa today and post it up.
  • Once you upgrade the car to R900 the times are not really comparable anymore because everyone will have a different tune. I think Natalie had a good idea sticking to stock to keep all things equal. You can also adjust tunes to cater to gamepad or wheel depending on what you're using. When I use a gamepad I use gas and brake at the same time so I tune accordingly...... If the end result is to compare our gamepad and wheel times I think that stock keeps everything on a level playfield.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Times updated :)

Once you upgrade the car to R900 the times are not really comparable anymore because everyone will have a different tune. I think Natalie had a good idea sticking to stock to keep all things equal. You can also adjust tunes to cater to gamepad or wheel depending on what you're using. When I use a gamepad I use gas and brake at the same time so I tune accordingly...... If the end result is to compare our gamepad and wheel times I think that stock keeps everything on a level playfield.

That was exactly my train of thought. Keep it simple, stock, no assists and compare the results.

For the other tests we can mod/tune etc and compare those too, in fact between us we could actually pull in some seriously interestng data/results :)
  • Me too!

Just got a 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)

But I got a dirty 2.25.2xx but the dirty mark was because I went wide on the LAST LAP before the last chicane! So the 2.25 lap was 100% clean but because I went wide 1 corners BEFORE the chicane it marked the next lap dirty!

Spread sheet is ready I just need to up the data. Excel only seems to want to allow calculations up to 2 decimal places x.xx.xx

The spread sheet will also auto calculate your time difference and the percentage you improved :)
    For now here's the latest time..
    Spreadsheet to follow shortly.

Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Antoine - 2.24.649 (pad Clean)
    Dillon - 2.25.954 (Pad Dirty)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

This is great. We have improved dramatically on the pads and I'm now getting very curious to see how the wheel compares :)

I'll try and get the spreadsheet uploaded tonight.
    If your feeling extra good this weekend feel free to add me, view my lap and let me know where I can improve :)
    Hi,

I also did a test drive with the BMW GT2 at Spa with Forza 5

With the suggested settings I did a clean 1:25,023 with Pad and some potential for improvement. ;-)
    Would be much quicker with a wheel.

Nice contest Natalie! :-)

Greetings
    Andreas

• Kyle HousleyKyle Housley Member
    edited April 2015
    Made a tiny improvement over my "gamepad" lap with the v2/bmw combo. 

2:23:805 

I felt like with some more practice I might have gotten down to around Grimey's 2:21:598 with the pp2 R900 #92 M3. :P

Do you use that view to race or is that just a replay?

I was aiming for that time too :P, Im not sure I would be able to get the 2.21 but think I could get a mid 22.

Had a go on P CARS and got a 2.23:634 #33 on leaderboard if anyone wants to use ghost. I'm using the V2 with the porsche 918 RSR rim.  Feels so much more rewarding using the wheel, hope it feels as good using it on Forza when we are able to use it.
  • Hi all, as I'm also eagerly awaiting my xbox one wheelhub I thought I join you guys/girls with the time-attack on Spa. I added a few of you on my console ( my nick is DriftTony ). I set a clean 2:23.073 with the BMW (not fond of Germany cars in general, so tried before in de Aston Martin, but it seems that car is default R900, while the BMW is R886 or something).
  • Ok, I probably got the wrong BMW...seems others have only got R806 (and I used normal steering instead of simulation)
  • Grimey...I got my PS3 going again, works like a charm with new laser. Also picked me up a used copy of GT6 but how the heck am I gonna install over 40 GB on a 60 GB console???
  • Deleted as much as I could find... But still needs 22 GB free space....HELP....LMAO
  • Delete EVERY THING!!! GT6 is the Only thing thats Important!!! LOL
    Send your Game Saves to the Cliud Storage... PS3/GT6 Has that Now... My PS3 aked me if i wanted to do that Sunday... I Have Spacenso i Declined. PS3 & PS4 Tag "Grimey_Dog
    Send me a Friend inv.
  • I don't have a psn plus account....doubting to buy, cause I don't have a PS4. It's nighty night time overhere mate. Will have a look tomorrow..
  • Mine at PS3 is Kain_NL
  • edited April 2015
    900pp in that BMW is a Blessing and a Curse!!! That Car is Sooo Unruley at 806pp that 900pp is almost a Nightmare... Natalie Bissell Bump it up to 900 and Drive it as it will be Drivin with
    the Wheel For a More True Comparrison.... I think i Coulda got Close to the Same time without the upgrades because the Car is Much More Stable... "Power without Controle is Useless" Fast Laps are Not about Straight Line Speed its all about Finess in the Corners... thats the Motto i Race By.... I Beat alotta people in Faster Cars Cause they Loose It all in 1 or 2 corners.... If i take .250 of a sec every Corner by the time 4 corners pass im 1 full Sec ahead... then thats when they Race Wreckless Trying to Catch up...thats when I Slow Down Dangle the Carrot infront of them and wait for them to Make that Huge Mistake its bound to Happen!!! Racing is 50% Good Line, 25% Calm under pressure and 25% Stratagy.

I Did No Suspention Tuning at all i Just did the 900pp auto upgrade.
  • edited April 2015
    Antoine Goissens you Dont Need a PSN plus acct to Play GT6 on Line... Thats Only for the PS4!!! I dont Have a PSN plusnAcct Either... LOL.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited April 2015
    assetto corsa 2:31.773 with a 360 controller
    That game the car feels slower but way more grip, can take eau rouge flat out. 
  • Greg WilliamsGreg Williams Member
    edited April 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wimt5O2bd4k&feature=player_detailpage
    Just set a 2:21.853 on pcars. Getting quicker and no tuning used.
  • Antoine Goissens you Dont Need a PSN plus acct to Play GT6 on Line... Thats Only for the PS4!!! I dont Have a PSN plusnAcct Either... LOL.
    Well...how do I save to the cloud t
    Antoine Goissens you Dont Need a PSN plus acct to Play GT6 on Line... Thats Only for the PS4!!! I dont Have a PSN plusnAcct Either... LOL.
    than ? My day one PS3 asks me to install version x.xx of the game, I confirm and after about 20sec it says: not enough storage space, 2276 MB more needed to save game.
    Nothing about cloud. Only if I check options at saved gameplay the option to save online by psn plus.
  • Antoine Goissens you Dont Need a PSN plus acct to Play GT6 on Line... Thats Only for the PS4!!! I dont Have a PSN plusnAcct Either... LOL.
    Well...how do I save to the cloud t
    than ? My day one PS3 asks me to install version x.xx of the game, I confirm and after about 20sec it says: not enough storage space, 2276 MB more needed to save game.
    Nothing about cloud. Only if I check options at saved gameplay the option to save online by psn plus.
    Im not sure if there are other alternatives, but you could always get something like this.

Good luck!
    Morning all,

I've updated the times on the spreadsheet and also added new sections for AC, PCars, GT6 all allowing for wheel and pad times and the same auto calculations will be made (average, difference, FTL etc)

@Grimey how about a few Pad vs Wheel GT6 Bmw/Spa times and we can add them in the sheet? If you do 3 laps of each, note the times the sheet will also calculate the average giving us a great baseline for GT6 wheel vs pad times.

@Josha if you have the chance to do the same on AC that would be great. 3 pad and wheel times for AC BMW Spa would be great as eventually I'm going to get the sheet to calculate the difference (%) between each game.

@Greg if you could do the same with Pcars too that would be fantastic. Was your time with a wheel or a pad? Could you do a pad time for comparison purposes? If you could do 3 laps of each and note the times That would be amazing.

I'll add the spreadsheet shortly, just finishing it off now :)
    edited April 2015
    New Revision of the spreadsheet, added new features, slight redesign and added new sections for additional results/games/etc but we can now easily add, edit and insert data much easier.

If you have any other ideas for the sheet let me know.
    It currently works out the following:
    Average lap time (pad)
    Average lap time (wheel)
    % difference between pad and wheel times (time and % red/green)
    Add your sector times to find out your fastest theoretical lap time
    Auto colour coded to red/green to quickly display faster slower lap times or results
    Any game, car, user etc can now be added much easier.

Upcoming version will have a section based on the differences between the times for each game. So a % of difference between PCars/Ac/GT/Forza based on the same car on the same track using the same hardware :)

Let me know if you guys need anything added or want anything added to the sheet and ill try and add it :)

• edited April 2015
    Antoine your going to Have to Save the Game to the HD on the ps3 but you can save your Save Game Data to the Cloud... Thats what i Ment to Say.

Natalie Ok i will Torture Myself and Do a Pad time but its Not going yo be Pretty...Pad times Im prob gonna be 10 secs of pace... at least!!! lol

Im gonna Run Assetto Corsa to... i was gonna do it last Night but I Had a Wee to much Happy Hour juice in me \m/ The Game Police mighta pulled me over for Drinking and Dtiving...LOL
  • Here you go Natalie

Pcars

Pad
    L1 - 2:29.625
    L2 - 2:28.105
    L3 - 2:26.983

V2
    L1 - 2:24.276
    L2 - 2:22.556
    L3 - 2:21.814
  • I agree with Grimey that in Forza we should just use a R900 car. It makes more sense if you use the Rivals R-class feature, so you can race against the ghosts of others...

Just my 2 cents

Btw Grimey, I drive a Nissan 350Z as well (in the real world ;P )
    @Greg adding those times in now. I'll add a new section to calculate "the average" of your average % better/worse on wheel vs pad too ;)

You average about 3.6% faster on a wheel vs a pad.
    This is based on the average % difference between pad time 1 vs wheel time 1 (and so on) then by adding those % differences together and averaging them. Obviously the actually % is the better result to go by, but it's nice to the average too :)

New sheet incoming with new added section and updated times, it's looking good :D

@toon no worries, we already added a section for the R900 back when Grimey suggested it :) feel free to do pad or wheel times for either or ;)
    Here is V1.6 with updated times and features :)
  • edited April 2015
    Toon Kersten i Drive a 350z as well!!! I Love it.... Its a Convertable too!!! The Licence plate says Grimey too!!! LOL
  • Here is V1.6 with updated times and features :)
    Maybe you should put it on google sheets, then you don't have to upload every time someone does a new lap, plus people will be able to add to on the fly.