Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Well...normally the new games, like PCars and I guess FM5 too should have brake vibes trough pedal...FM5 has got it on the pad....and I'd rather feel it in the pedal than in my hands...So you've got a point.
    Do you know, Jason, if the CSP V2 has got that vibration function since batch one ? The used ones I bought are dated from June 2012.
  • Won't the buttons be too deep/far from your thumbs/fingers?
    The button boxes attach to the arm via 2 screws, so you could modify the arm mount to push the buttons another couple inches closer without too much effort.
  • Won't the buttons be too deep/far from your thumbs/fingers?
    i dont use any buttons....but when i tried them it was ok,  the shifter boxes can be moved     and use sugre to take up the slop.    
  • sorry...Sugru.   
  • Jaine, do you use a head tracker than ? Cause I need the buttons on XOne to look around to my opponents.
    Jason, but if you pull the bar, where buttons are attached to it also means they move closer to the wheel base...So further away from your thumbs...and I don't want that.
    I'll just play with the hub and Momo Nero rim until Thomas reveals a 918 or so rim.. for XOne and buy that one and throw the hub on for sale.
    Which Momo are you buying ?
  • You wont Miss the Rim Vibration at all... I Too was Concerned about that when i switched from my CSR Elite to the v2 but the Truth is I Never Miss it the V2 is that Good.... I Cant Explain it but you Feel all the Rumble even though the Rim Motors are Not Vibrating. The New Servo Motor is a Huge Leap Forward!!! Even with my TX it uses a Less powerful Servo Motor and Has No Motors in the wheel Rim but on a Track Like Prague you can Clearly Feel the Transition from Black top Road to the Cobble Stone Part of the Track!!! You can Even Feel the Bump as you Race over the Train Rails in the Cobble Stone!!! With that said i Know the v2 should Feel amazing on Forza!!!
  • Already felt that Grimey, in Grid Autosport...street races, there's also a track with a cobble stone part in it. Had FFB on 100% Damn was that a wicked sensation. At that time I also had about 65% ABS on and I must say...I truly felt the wheels spinning and could counter steer BEFORE I started spinning out...So the FEEL of it WAS a big help tough.
  • I use My Wheel at 75%FFB with the Porsche Rim and 65%FFB with the F1 Rim....The Smaller Size of the F1 Rim Really Makes the FFB seem Much Stronger!!!
    I Keep the Sho at 100% For all Rims/Games i want to feel every But of the Road!!!
  • Jaine, do you use a head tracker than ? Cause I need the buttons on XOne to look around to my opponents.
    Jason, but if you pull the bar, where buttons are attached to it also means they move closer to the wheel base...So further away from your thumbs...and I don't want that.
    I'll just play with the hub and Momo Nero rim until Thomas reveals a 918 or so rim.. for XOne and buy that one and throw the hub on for sale.
    triple screen, i got button boxes for stuff but when i'm racing i need full concentration so i prefer my wheel to be button free, i may re attach the rotary though because that was handy.
  • Grimey, would you try setting ABS to off and use it on GT6 ? And let me know If the brakes vibrate at lock up I might just get myself a used copy of it to. Only thing is...waiting for a new PS3 laser, since mine died on me after only 3 days of game play. LoL
  • Antoine Goossens Do you have GT6 if So lets Run the BMW on Spa... am i on your PS3 friend List? If Not add Me "Grimey-Dog"
  • edited April 2015
    I Tried that with ABS set to Off Nithing Happens No Rim Vibration at All Not from the Throttle and None from Brake Lock up... I set Mine at 55% It seems thats where the wheels Start Locking up and you are Fully in the Skid Zone by 60/65% With GT6, Grid and F1 2014.

Edit: I just Now Tried it again and Im 100% Sure that Setting ABS To Iff in GT6 Kills the ABS Rumble in GT6 and Im Sure that GT6 Does NOT Support Throttle Rumble when you Turn the ASB Off!!!

I was Sure about it Before but it Didnt Hurt or Take Long to Check it again and Make 100% Sure i didnt overlook anything when i Checked when i first got the wheel.
  • Just bid on a, USED, GT6 copy Grimey...So let's see how it goes AFTER I repaired the PS3 laser unit.
  • Rubber band?
    The game make sure that cars are not too far apart and makes the cars in the back go faster or in front go slower to make a more competitive race. You can see it by looking at AI times when you run a fast lap vs a really slow lap, the same car will be seconds slower. 
    Only the button box would move closer to the rim, nothing else would change. The two screws go into the button box itself so just make an extension that attaches to the arm. The arm itself stays flush with the Hub's mounting plate. I already bought an OMP 330mm round wheel.
  • People can cut that Rubber Band effect On or Off in their online Lobbys... I look for the Lobbys that are Running No Assist...I Never Race with that on!!! If i cant Keep up then I Need to Know that so i can Practice!!! The online Quick Races are Not using Rubberband... its Keep up or get Left behind... Once i Make it through the Crash Dummies im Gone!!!
  • Well...normally the new games, like PCars and I guess FM5 too should have brake vibes trough pedal...FM5 has got it on the pad....and I'd rather feel it in the pedal than in my hands...So you've got a point.
    Do you know, Jason, if the CSP V2 has got that vibration function since batch one ? The used ones I bought are dated from June 2012.
    I bought my CSP over 5 years (March 2010) ago and they have the vibration motor. To get pedal vibration for ABS on PC the title has to support it and the pedals have to be connected directly as a stand alone device via USB
  • edited April 2015
    Fanatec CSW v2, PS3 Stock BMW E92 M3 at Spa.:

CSW v2 Hot Lapping Spa with the BMW on the PS3 No Assist.
    Not a Bad Car...All Stock its Much Tamer than the Forza BMW.

Yes i Know My Video Skills Suck i Shot this with My Cell Phone... LOL

Time 2:23.430         
    I can Push this down to a 2:22.xxx i can See where i made a few mistakes
  • edited April 2015
    Fanatec CSW v2,PS3 S5 Super License Bugatti Veron:

I used the V2 to Beat the S5 Super License Test!!! Yes i Has Stability Management on No ABS and No TCS...That Car and That Track is a Beast of a Combination!!! I Had to Put Stabiluty on Because that Bugatti Dont wanna Turn and its alotta Sideways Drivin Going on!!!

The Best Lap time is Off i Saved the Wrong Video but Look at the Race Timer when i Cross the Line I Did win the Gold!!! it was a 2:13.6xx

The V2 is Great!!!... the More i use it the Better it Feels.

Yes i Know My Video Skills Suck... LOL.i should stick to Driving... But im Not... LOL
  • Fanatec CSW v2,PS3 S5 Super License Bugatti Veron:

I used the V2 to Beat the S5 Super License Test!!! Yes i Has Stability Management on No ABS and No TCS...That Car and That Track is a Beast of a Combination!!! I Had to Put Stabiluty on Because that Bugatti Dont wanna Turn and its alotta Sideways Drivin Going on!!!

The Best Lap time is Off i Saved the Wrong Video but Look at the Race Timer when i Cross the Line I Did win the Gold!!! it was a 2:13.6xx

The V2 is Great!!!... the More i use it the Better it Feels.

Yes i Know My Video Skills Suck... LOL.i should stick to Driving... But im Not... LOL
    i hated that license test. 
  • Greg WilliamsGreg Williams Member
    edited April 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sTUJSM8SCQw

Well I have done abit more hotlapping in Pcars and broke into the 2:25's. As I get a better feel for the car I reckon I can get it down lower.

The V2 and the GT rim are so nice to use.
  • Its Quite a nice car to drive on Pcars and got my time down to a 2:24.757
  • Made a tiny improvement over my "gamepad" lap with the v2/bmw combo. 

2:23:805 

I felt like with some more practice I might have gotten down to around Grimey's 2:21:598 with the pp2 R900 #92 M3. :P

• these videos have been helpful, my line is not as good. 
  • edited April 2015
    im gonna Do Assetto Corsa tonight with the BMW...

Dillon or Greg How or What do you guys use to capture your lap vidoes??? I cant get mime to record clear like that.

also for Future Videos it would be Good if you put the Hud on So we can Compair Straight line and Corner Speeds that way we can Compair the Track per System and See whats the diff between times Line or Track... Some Versions the Corners are Steeper and to you have to Slow Down Much More and Some just Flow Smooth Corner to Corner.
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited April 2015

Dillon or Greg How or What do you guys use to capture your lap vidoes??? I cant get mime to record clear like that.

also for Future Videos it would be Good if you put the Hud on So we can Compair Straight line and Corner Speeds that way we can Compair the Track per System and See whats the diff between times Line or Track... Some Versions the Corners are Steeper and to you have to Slow Down Much More and Some just Flow Smooth Corner to Corner.
    game DVR on X1 and then upload to youtube. I am doing assetto corsa controller tonight, maybe turbo S wheel as well and then can compare to V2 
  • im gonna Do Assetto Corsa tonight with the BMW...

I could also go for some Assetto, was thinking of testing pcars as well. Agreed about hud showing, just did a quick few laps and didn't think about it at the time. >_<

I'm using my phone/nexus to film and have a little electronic/gadget holder I bought from Fry's a while back. Its like a rubber-coated spider that can flex all around, so you can mold it or clip it onto surfaces while still having a couple free legs to hold your phone. it's kinda like this thing here. Works great as a makeshift tripod and I also use it to mount the phone to the v2 base when i'm using DashMeterPro for iRacing/Assetto. I also have an Elgato hd capture card, which is what most of my other videos are captured with.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Wow this is brilliant! I've never "liked" so many posts on 1 page :)

I've updated Dillans time, added grimeys wheel time for 900pp and going to try and do a few myself. I'll upload the fi,e later tonight. Shall I add a section in for GT6 too?

The great thing about those videos (which has already been said) is seeing how much our lines differ, it's really interesting.

This really is fantastic, I'm really looking forward to seeing your comparison Grimey of the AC vs GT or Forza that could raise a few eye brows ;)

I'm going to try that car on GT too...
    Hopefully Thomas will issue the beta units out shortly and allow us to post some videos as I'd love to post a pad lap vs a hub lap for you all to see (as long as this is allowed)

This thread is a hot bed of valuable info :)

• I use shadow play to record the videos mate it is a built in feature of geforce experience.

I will also do some laps on assetto corsa and see how i go.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester

game DVR on X1 and then upload to youtube. I am doing assetto corsa controller tonight, maybe turbo S wheel as well and then can compare to V2 

Looking forward to both of these.
    I'm going to do a very in depth analysis of PCARS PS4 VS XBO using the V2 and the HUB. I'm going to absolutely put it under the microscope on the consoles and then do a final Console vs PC I think. I can't wait for the hub to arrive so I can begin collating the results and really getting into and finding the differences between the 2 :)

But first I'm going to do that with Forza 5 and Grimey I'm looking forward to yours and Josha and Dillons too. It'll be a great read and very interesting to see how they both compare.