Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• For those that are not WMD members waiting to play for the first time hopefully the game is all you expect it to be.

AFM my take on it is it's like a modern day GTR2 with a twist of GTL

I don't even know what to expect, I originally thought it was competing with GT and Forza, but the super low car count shows that isn't the case. It should still be fun, but the masses playing with controller I wonder about.

There is quite a bit of cars on release and many more slated as DLC and over 100 different track layouts. Cars generally in titles with massive amount of cars to choose from have the jellybean punchbowl effect most of them drive the same but look a little different
  • I've said it a hundred times, I want more tracks, more tracks, more tracks, not more honda civics.
  • Jason Shaffer
    Nope... PS4 Looks just as good and even better than the Average persons PC is Gonna Run it...and  a 12k PC set up cost a bout that $10,000 you offering so better save your $$$ cause im willing to bet that you don't have a 12k PC set up.  LOL
    this game runs pretty good on low end hardware, I have a phenom II CPU that is barely above minimum spec and all graphics options are high or ultra except shadows which are medium. 

• edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer Nope...PC Has Lost its Edge... LOL... End of Story... Your a Console Guy too You Know it... Come outta that Console Closet you Hiding in...BTW Dont every one have a 4k TV??? Nothing Plays in True 4k Right Now so 4k TV makes No Sense ATM, i just use mine for Blue Ray movies but Not often... waste of $$$... I use Regular 40in, 1080p/240Htz to Game on Console.and PC.

Not Even 5% of Hard Core Games Have Super Beefy PC set ups...The Rest of the People Just Have Regular PC a Half decent Graphics Card and a Power Supply that will Burn out if they Run Everything on Max.... Where Does your PC Rank on Can I Run it?
  • Can we go just one day without bickering? Sheesh!

We all have our opinions. That's great! You do not need everyone to agree with you.

• No... We Must Bicker or Have a Race Off!!! LOL...There Will Never Be Peace Until a King is Crowned Via a Race Off!!! LOL
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Pcars online.

There's still a problem. Both PC and I guess console too - first corner ramfest. Was online last night and its poor. Between being taken out first corner or drivers reversing onto track after spinning taking me out its not a great experience. Offline its quite fun. Online nothing comes close to Iracing. AC has the same wrecking racing online.

Grimey I threw my hat in the put up or shut up race but it when quiet after that. You were the only taker.

• Keith Sharp LoL...You Know How that Goes all Talk No Action...No Peace without a Race Off... Im Ready PC, PS4 or XB1... LOL
  • Jason Shaffer Nope...PC Has Lost its Edge... LOL... End of Story... Your a Console Guy too You Know it... Come outta that Console Closet you Hiding in...BTW Dont every one have a 4k TV??? Nothing Plays in True 4k Right Now so 4k TV makes No Sense ATM, i just use mine for Blue Ray movies but Not often... waste of $$$... I use Regular 40in, 1080p/240Htz to Game on Console.and PC.

Not Even 5% of Hard Core Games Have Super Beefy PC set ups...The Rest of the People Just Have Regular PC a Half decent Graphics Card and a Power Supply that will Burn out if they Run Everything on Max.... Where Does your PC Rank on Can I Run it?
    Hahaha that's comedy gold, gold Grimey. You should quit driving busses and become a stand up comedian!!! You missed your calling. Yes, Grimey things do play in 4k including pCars which goes up to 12k, Grimey, care to post a link to that less than 5% of HARDCORE gamers have beefy rigs and I'll show you a site that lies more than digital foundry.  My PC ranks higher than your ps4, FACT. My PSU is an Antec High Current Gamer so don't worry about me everythings on Ultra and still running cooler than your console
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015

Pcars online.

There's still a problem. Both PC and I guess console too - first corner ramfest. Was online last night and its poor. Between being taken out first corner or drivers reversing onto track after spinning taking me out its not a great experience. Offline its quite fun. Online nothing comes close to Iracing. AC has the same wrecking racing online.

Grimey I threw my hat in the put up or shut up race but it when quiet after that. You were the only taker.

Meanwhile in iRacing the guy in front of me in the starting grid REVERSES INTO ME before the race even starts and I get FN incident points, I haven't raced in iRacing since. You never threw your hat in any ring either offering to race someone without any fast cars, big deal.
  • edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer Fair Race Every 1 in the same Car and all Cars Stock No Add on Parts, with just Tuned Suspention if you wish... PC or Console dont Matter im there.

I Race on PC too and i Have a Decent PC and can Run Every thing on High Probably Ultra too... I Just like Console More... the Plug and Play Life i Love it.
  • So, I am a bit upset right now. I originally placed my order on April 2 (day 1) at ~10:30am. When I placed the order, it still said estimated shipping on May 28. I just logged in, and now my order has been changed to estimated shipping in August. I placed the order in the first hours, and they changed the estimated delivery AFTER I paid.

Are all the May deliveries pushed back to August? I thought first batch will still be delivered in May. Support team has not responded to my last 2 emails.
  • So, I am a bit upset right now. I originally placed my order on April 2 (day 1) at ~10:30am. When I placed the order, it still said estimated shipping on May 28. I just logged in, and now my order has been changed to estimated shipping in August. I placed the order in the first hours, and they changed the estimated delivery AFTER I paid.

Are all the May deliveries pushed back to August? I thought first batch will still be delivered in May. Support team has not responded to my last 2 emails.
    mine still shows may
  • keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Pcars online.

Meanwhile in iRacing the guy in front of me in the starting grid REVERSES INTO ME before the race even starts and I get FN incident points, I haven't raced in iRacing since. You never threw your hat in any ring either offering to race someone without any fast cars, big deal.

That hilarious. One guy reverses into you and you spit your dummy out. Your loss best online racing experience by far. Not necessarily the best sim (they all have their plus and minus points) but iracing have nailed the online structure. Irating grades the races on ability so you race against people of your ability. Jason in the bottom split your in with beginers who are a bit all over the place. I haven't got that problem in the top split.   

And when are you going to get it fast cars don't make for the best racing. Most of the time anyway.

• Jason Shaffer Fair Race Every 1 in the same Car and all Cars Stock No Add on Parts, with just Tuned Suspention if you wish... PC or Console dont Matter im there.

I Race on PC too and i Have a Decent PC and can Run Every thing on High Probably Ultra too... I Just like Console More... the Plug and Play Life i Love it.
    My PC is plug and play, don't know what you're doing wrong, Grimey?

• That hilarious. One guy reverses into you and you spit your dummy out. Your loss best online racing experience by far. Not necessarily the best sim (they all have their plus and minus points) but iracing have nailed the online structure. Irating grades the races on ability so you race against people of your ability. Jason in the bottom split your in with beginers who are a bit all over the place. I haven't got that problem in the top split.   

And when are you going to get it fast cars don't make for the best racing. Most of the time anyway.

You "spit your dummy out" with every post here, keith. Keep defending the indefensible. Oh no, "my loss" is it , keith? How will I ever get over it? All that DX9 glory going to waste, eh keith?

I don't have a rookie license, keith. I wasn't with beginners.

I say fast cars do make the best racing, so when are you going to get it, keith? I don't want to drive a mazda that my everyday driver I use to go to work would smoke.

My order says

Date Added: 04/02/2015
    Products: 1
    Estimated shipping date: 05/28/2015
    Actual shipping date:
    Total: $327.95
  • Well, looks like I got the shaft despite having put an order in early on day 1.

I also find it a bit deceitful that when the V2 base was announced (and they gave the hint about XB1 support), it was made very clear than only the V2 base would be compatible with the next gen console rims. When they finally announced this rim, it says it works with V1 as well. I probably would not have bought the V2 base in the first batch if they had not said it was required for console support.

I'm thinking I should cancel the pre-order and just get a TM TX1 wheel for XB1 use (Forza), and use the Fanatec only for PC gaming.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015
    Well, looks like I got the shaft despite having put an order in early on day 1.

I also find it a bit deceitful that when the V2 base was announced (and they gave the hint about XB1 support), it was made very clear than only the V2 base would be compatible with the next gen console rims. When they finally announced this rim, it says it works with V1 as well. I probably would not have bought the V2 base in the first batch if they had not said it was required for console support.

I'm thinking I should cancel the pre-order and just get a TM TX1 wheel for XB1 use (Forza), and use the Fanatec only for PC gaming.

Did you check your order status directly after ordering? The first batch sold out in only a few hours and I think I put my order in around 6:45AM PST. After I ordered I checked the status and it showed 05/28. You may have been in the process of ordering when it sold out and the displayed ship date would not update until a page refresh was done which unfortunately for you would occur after you placed your order.

It never said that the V2 would be the only base compatible with current gen consoles, it only said it would have compatibility on current gen consoles with the addition of a rim, which it does. Everything else was just us speculating whether the original CSW had the internal electronics to do this also which only Fanatec engineers would have known at the time.

I agree, you should cancel and spend even more than the cost of the hub on a plastic wheel to game on XO, beats waiting 3 months....

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2015
    According to the publicly accessible online leaderboards (for the XBO version PCars) it states that I'm No.1 (on one or two of the car/track combos I have driven) but It states I used a wheel?

Weeeeeeird ;)
  • Keith CollinsKeith Collins Member
    edited May 2015
    According to the publicly accessible online leaderboards (for the XBO version PCars) it states that I'm No.1 (on one or two of the car/track combos I have driven) but It states I used a wheel?

Weeeeeeird ;)
    If that means what I think it does, I am incredibly jealous right now!!
  • my posting skills suck, sorry guys!
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited May 2015
    Some of you pCars people may find this discussion interesting.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/18574449098/permalink/10153243486159099/

• Did you check your order status directly after ordering? The first batch sold out in only a few hours and I think I put my order in around 6:45AM PST. After I ordered I checked the status and it showed 05/28. You may have been in the process of ordering when it sold out and the displayed ship date would not update until a page refresh was done which unfortunately for you would occur after you placed your order.

It never said that the V2 would be the only base compatible with current gen consoles, it only said it would have compatibility on current gen consoles with the addition of a rim, which it does. Everything else was just us speculating whether the original CSW had the internal electronics to do this also which only Fanatec engineers would have known at the time.

I agree, you should cancel and spend even more than the cost of the hub on a plastic wheel to game on XO, beats waiting 3 months....

I agree that it did not techincaly say that it would not work on V1, which is why I said it was deceitful, and not a lie. What they did say was this:

"Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on
    their Fanatec wheel bases by simply attaching an Xbox One steering wheel
    to an Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base (like the ClubSport Wheel
    Base V2), making their whole system compatible to Xbox One."

Which alone doesn't mean much. However, when you go to the webshop, the V2 wheel base shows XB1 upgradeable (see screenshot attached). The V1 page did not reflect this change (no check-mark next to XB1 compatability like the V2, and no upgradeable compatability notice in the description), making it seem as though it was not a "Xbox One enabled Fanatec wheel base", whereas the V2 clearly was.

As for "spend[ing] even more than the cost of the hub on a plastic wheel to game on XO," I have to disagree. There are several TX wheelsets on craigslist for between $125 and $225. A basherboard is $30 and lets me use my CSP with the TX. I could also keep my pre-order, buy one of these used sets, and resell it when I get the fanatec gear, which I think is the most likely scenario.

I would not be so annoyed about the wait if I had known when I paid. I understand selling out, etc, but it should not allow you to complete an order, and then change the delivery date without notifying you. If the sell out occurs while you are placing the order, it should warn you somehow.

edited May 2015
    Delivery date is still May 28 for me. As of 5 minutes ago.
    Date Added: 04/02/2015
    Products: 1
    Estimated shipping date: 05/28/2015
    edited May 2015
    And from Amazon, pCars, Xbox one... 
    Pre-ordered
    Delivery estimate: Thursday, May 21, 2015 - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 by 8:00pm
    Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
    CDN$ 61.99
    Release date: Tuesday, May 12, 2015

• Jeremy MullinJeremy Mullin Member
    edited May 2015
    I think it sucks that Thomas went out of his way to say something would be ready by project cars and then despite having my base for a while Sept / end of August was first ship date for me for adapter n wheel rim

how come there isn't enough of the xbox adapters to fulfill invite only purchasers of wheel? WTF MATE? Things always being so difficult and lengthy really wear on a guy and make him not want to bother.

It doubley sucks Fanatec didn't properly contact me in anyway to be able to order these parts when I've already got my wheel base. Again so much work, do I really have to check the Website that goes months without news in hopes something is available that then sells out right away. Probably easier to get a La Ferrari or Hyuara in real life given you have the funds.

that being said I'd never settle for a dogsh1t madcatz or the joke 458 wheel. 

Triple meh
  • One question regarding FW-Udate.

Since the wheel for Xbox will arrive later this month, do I have to update the rim in separate or can I update the base V2 right now and when the rim arrives start driving right away, or does the rim need a separate update?

Thanks...
    PS. Project cars with gamepad is no fun, especially driving the carts, can't wait to test the new rim
  • @Natalie; hmm...that is really odd!! ;P *can't wait to hear about your first hand experience!
  • Pcars online.

It's a shame things like this happen as well as people cheating the leaderboards downgrading the overall experience of a truly great game