Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• I'll race ya when the Oval DLC for pCARS is released this leaderboard is out of 118 posted times

• PCars PDF Explaining what the FFB Settings Do.
  • I like how it's all ready to go , I went to control options and there's a picture of a shiny CSW V2 base there indicating my wheel of choice and everything is already set up button wise, most sims make you go through calibration and button assignments.
  • I like how it's all ready to go , I went to control options and there's a picture of a shiny CSW V2 base there indicating my wheel of choice and everything is already set up button wise, most sims make you go through calibration and button assignments.
    It was nice to see a picture of the v2, but too bad they didn't bother to calibrate the FFB a bit as well, default settings are HIDEOUS.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015
    I like how it's all ready to go , I went to control options and there's a picture of a shiny CSW V2 base there indicating my wheel of choice and everything is already set up button wise, most sims make you go through calibration and button assignments.
    It was nice to see a picture of the v2, but too bad they didn't bother to calibrate the FFB a bit as well, default settings are HIDEOUS.

So it wasn't just me that thought the FFB seems off? I wasn't feeling as much detail as I do in rFactor2 or iRacing, it almost felt like the FFB from Shift . Has anyone posted a list of settings for the V2 yet?

First thing I felt though was the vibration motors of the engine in my Formula rim so they definitely work despite what some have said here.

• keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

Pcars online.

There's still a problem. Both PC and I guess console too - first corner ramfest. Was online last night and its poor. Between being taken out first corner or drivers reversing onto track after spinning taking me out its not a great experience. Offline its quite fun. Online nothing comes close to Iracing. AC has the same wrecking racing online.

Grimey I threw my hat in the put up or shut up race but it when quiet after that. You were the only taker.

It's a shame things like this happen as well as people cheating the leaderboards downgrading the overall experience of a truly great game i

It aint a great game its a over hyped game. The slides are so canned its unreal. Racing the clio cup at donington down the hill into the old hairpin is just bizarre. Nice puff of smoke but the FFB feel is crap. Really remote feeling when you slide it really is poor. Dirt rally is way more fun and its a codemaster game which is usually a sign to stay clear. FFB also not great but hopefully they will listen to the forums. Pcars from day one has been poor on FFB you always waited for a big step but it hasn't happened. Flash graphics tons of tracks (some way off) tons of cars poor ffb and ok playability. Don't understand buying expensive hardware to run this on it.

Jason you don't get it. The mx5 and skippy really develop skills that you can apply to all sim racing. I often see guys spend 5 mins. in them shout crap and jump in the f1 car (or faster cars) and go nowhere development wise. The slow cars are quite easy to drive but not that easy to drive very quickly and that's where you learn. Took a look at your profile looks like you didn't learn.

You should always Calibrate your wheel in game. I am sure if you run 900deg rotation it is less important but there have also been game play issues from not calibrating pedals. It may be all worked out but it's a good thing to do regardless
  • Pcars online.

There's still a problem. Both PC and I guess console too - first corner ramfest. Was online last night and its poor. Between being taken out first corner or drivers reversing onto track after spinning taking me out its not a great experience. Offline its quite fun. Online nothing comes close to Iracing. AC has the same wrecking racing online.

Grimey I threw my hat in the put up or shut up race but it when quiet after that. You were the only taker.

It's a shame things like this happen as well as people cheating the leaderboards downgrading the overall experience of a truly great game i

It aint a great game its a over hyped game. The slides are so canned its unreal. Racing the clio cup at donington down the hill into the old hairpin is just bizarre. Nice puff of smoke but the FFB feel is crap. Really remote feeling when you slide it really is poor. Dirt rally is way more fun and its a codemaster game which is usually a sign to stay clear. FFB also not great but hopefully they will listen to the forums. Pcars from day one has been poor on FFB you always waited for a big step but it hasn't happened. Flash graphics tons of tracks (some way off) tons of cars poor ffb and ok playability. Don't understand buying expensive hardware to run this on it.

Jason you don't get it. The mx5 and skippy really develop skills that you can apply to all sim racing. I often see guys spend 5 mins. in them shout crap and jump in the f1 car (or faster cars) and go nowhere development wise. The slow cars are quite easy to drive but not that easy to drive very quickly and that's where you learn. Took a look at your profile looks like you didn't learn.

Maybe you should fire up an old 270deg max rotation wheel to match what DR controller support is based on.
  • You Two are Hillariouse!!! Not a Day Goes Bye that yall Dont Bicker and Battle!!! LMAO!!!
  • Hi guys and hope you're all well. Just bought Project cars for ps4 and am struggling to get my cswv2 to work with it. How do I connect my fanatec so it works with the game. Thanks for your time guys.
  • Everything needs to be hooked up to the base, pedals in right connector, shifter. Then you use the data cable and plug it into base, and other end, USB, into PS4. And your ready to go. PCars recognizes the base instantly! If you go to controller settings you'll see it.

So it wasn't just me that thought the FFB seems off? I wasn't feeling as much detail as I do in rFactor2 or iRacing, it almost felt like the FFB from Shift . Has anyone posted a list of settings for the V2 yet?

First thing I felt though was the vibration motors of the engine in my Formula rim so they definitely work despite what some have said here.

I'll post up some settings tomorrow, got it feeling pretty decent for a baseline and can tweak from there.
  • Thanks guys. Everything is hooked up ok but do you put it in PS3 mode or leave in PC mode?
  • Pc mode...said you're good to go!
  • Thanks Antonine where does the data cable go from the base?
  • One of the usb ports on front of ps4
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @Dillon I look forward to that as the FFB defaults are rather poor. I have little no "feeling" that the car is loosing traction.

I've got both the PS4 and the XBO version running side by side at the moment. Trying to dial in the V2 and Porshe rim on the PS4 (with good FFB) It's not a fun experience at all, as the jumping in and out of menus is quite the chore and difficult to compare. I'd like to see this added into the pause menu in a future update if possible.

Overall, I've noticed a few issues with PCars (the game) in general.
    I'm incredibly surprised that 80,000 beta testers never found any of the bugs I found in the first few minutes, I wonder how many actually "tested" the product vs just playing it.

Ohh a quick question/request to someone who has the time.
    Would you be so kind as to plug your V2 and attached Rim into your PC/Laptop and record (video) the wheels action/response to the "Test FFB" option on the driver config.

My base has been acting strange (same issue as before) and I decided to re flash my base/firmware and then have been comparing the results of the "Test FFB" option between sessions etc, and on my most recent encounter with this option (today) it didn't react as expected?

A small few seconds of someone's time to make a little video of their base performing the test would really be appreciated so that I can use it to compare my results against.

Now..
    What track and car shall I wreck next :)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Anyone notice that the Clubsport pedals have moved from May 31 to July 31? 
  • Thanks so much Antoine, so the data cable goes into the ps4? With the PS3 I just plugged the usb cable into the PS3.
  • No Clive, the data cable I mean is the same as you're using on the PS3!!! If you look at the v2 base it says DATA to where you plug the cable in and the other end IS the USB connector to plug in your PS4...quite obvious actually. LOL
  • Pcars online.

Keith, you don't get it, I can jump into fast cars right away no problem. I drive the faster cars even better, I get bored in the slow cars and tend to overdrive them. Keep taking a look at my profile keith, because I wasn't driving road courses I was driving the ovals because I have no fast cars or good tracks as DX9 for lots of money isn't my thing.

I

• Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015
    Don't use the DATA port use the USB port on the CSW V2
  • edited May 2015
    Hmmm...Jason Shaffer Sounds Like a Bunch of Excuses to Me....A Race is a Race Dont Matter where or What Car Slow or Fast... Too Many Systems and Too Many Games in Common Stop Ducking Pick a Game and Lets Get a Race off Going!!! All Cars are Gonna be Equal.
  • Hmmm...Jason Shaffer Sounds Like a Bunch of Excuses to Me....A Race is a Race Dont Matter where or What Car Slow or Fast... Too Many Systems and Too Many Games in Common Stop Ducking Pick a Game and Lets Get a Race off Going!!! All Cars are Gonna be Equal.

It's no excuse, it's fact and not my fault keith can only race on one title, that sounds like more of an excuse to me. Driving cars in a sim that are slower than my everyday driver is not what I'm here for.

Speaking of excuses did you beat my 2:20 on SPA in the BMW yet? I saw your time well below mine on the Rivals leaderboards.

• keith sharpkeith sharp Member
    edited May 2015

The stats don't lie.

Excuse.

When your on the pace in top split in any car with a irating ave. 3000ish then you can talk the way you talk. Otherwise treat people with a little respect. Always going to be a few aliens but consistency and fast is the key. Seen too many people spend hours for a few fast laps come race they cant cut it.

• Thanks for all the help guys. Found out why the wheel was not connecting the Alan key bolts around the pins where the quick release goes were all loose. It still worked on PS3 but just needed tightening for the ps4. Thanks guys.
    Another quick question for current v2 owners and Pcars PS4.

When you calibrate your wheel, on the initial "turn fully clockwise" section, what number does your wheel rotate to?

Then on the second rotation 90Degrees from the centre point. What does your wheel calibrate to? Do you get + or - from your assigned 900 degrees of rotation?

Also, if someone has a vid of the wheel testing its ffb from the "test ffb" on the pic driver section It would really help me try to figure out a hardware issue I'm having with my v2 :-/

Thanks again :)
  • @Dillon I look forward to that as the FFB defaults are rather poor. I have little no "feeling" that the car is loosing traction.

I've got both the PS4 and the XBO version running side by side at the moment. Trying to dial in the V2 and Porshe rim on the PS4 (with good FFB) It's not a fun experience at all, as the jumping in and out of menus is quite the chore and difficult to compare. I'd like to see this added into the pause menu in a future update if possible.

Overall, I've noticed a few issues with PCars (the game) in general.
    I'm incredibly surprised that 80,000 beta testers never found any of the bugs I found in the first few minutes, I wonder how many actually "tested" the product vs just playing it.

Ohh a quick question/request to someone who has the time.
    Would you be so kind as to plug your V2 and attached Rim into your PC/Laptop and record (video) the wheels action/response to the "Test FFB" option on the driver config.

My base has been acting strange (same issue as before) and I decided to re flash my base/firmware and then have been comparing the results of the "Test FFB" option between sessions etc, and on my most recent encounter with this option (today) it didn't react as expected?

A small few seconds of someone's time to make a little video of their base performing the test would really be appreciated so that I can use it to compare my results against.

Now..
    What track and car shall I wreck next :)
    As far as testing ps4 and xbone versions we did not have access to either of them. The bugs that show up in the xbone version dont show up in pc version. I have had no glitches on pc but have randomly had glitches on xbone.

edited May 2015
    @Greg
    Ahh, so the WMD members never had any involvement in the console versions. That's a strange approach from SMS. With so many available testers, with a strong product and technical knowledge, it seems bizarre to not utilise them. To release the game with the amount of bugs being logged over at the official forums was a risky move. I'd have rather had another delay.

The funniest bug I have encountered so far is at spa, every time I pit, the AI drives me back out of the pit and directly into the exit wall, damaging my car which results in a call back to the pits, that seems to be a popular one :)

Driving with invisible wheels, no rear view mirrors, no engine note when braking and hitting rumble strips, wheels not turning after a tyre change, game saves taking up to 3 minutes in XBO vs a few seconds on PS4, graphical glitches, frame rate issues, AI (cheating) gamma issues, FFB/Wheel issues etc. If they require a beta tester next time, I'll happily offer my assistance ;)

Now... V2 owners I need assistance ;)
    There is a damsel in distress here, anyone up for rescuing me!

As you all know I'm currently beta testing something for Fanatec, and I need to to know what numbers your V2 base + rim get during the PS4 PCars calibration screen (and a short clip of the base/rim performing its ffb test from the PCs driver).

It's a long story but I'm trying to pin down and trace the root of an issue. However as I have no secondary reference point, I'm hoping one of you can provide me with one ;)

Cheers :p
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited May 2015
    The Project CARS default FFB is a real pity for our poor V2 base, imo.

Here's some baseline settings that can atleast get you something decent feeling, the rest is up to your tastes along with the base's LED menu stuff.

All other settings not shown should be at default. Good luck with the fine tuning!