Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I hooked up my V1 last night to sell it today...well I'm lucky that I've still got a PS3 to show it on!!! The V1 is NOT recognized as a V1 in PCars. It says CSW, but the picture that is shown is the one thing I need now...The XOne hub with a Fanatec GT on it !!! So I can't calibrate the wheel properly, cause the L2 and R2 buttons aren't on the right place.
    Got NO FFB at all, only force is working and even that feels off...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @Dillon

Nice post, I'll test these today and see how feel. I've made a few sample setups my self that feel ok, so I'll do a little comparison.

Quick question,
    When you enter the wheel calibration option, and you are asked to rotate your wheel full, do you (does your wheel/on screen number) reach 100?
  • The stats don't lie.

Excuse.

When your on the pace in top split in any car with a irating ave. 3000ish then you can talk the way you talk. Otherwise treat people with a little respect. Always going to be a few aliens but consistency and fast is the key. Seen too many people spend hours for a few fast laps come race they cant cut it.

Race me in FM 5 then and I'll hand your ass to you, or do you have an excuse ready, keith? The stats show I was racing ovals, maybe learn to comprehend what you read.

Just shut up keith, because you can see I hardly race iRacing at all, DX9 isn't my thing, paying for vastly OUTDATED content isn't my thing either.

Looks like you can't cut it in FM5 .

• I'm finding the FFB hit and miss in some things like the karts it's just awful, but I don't think I'll waste my time racing them anyways and then in Formula A I could actually feel some strong FFB going on especially through the karussell on the Nordschleife.
    Are you using a v2 Jason? Have you calibrated it using the PCars calibration menu, if so, what numbers did you get ;)
  • edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer Im Never Gonna Beat that Spa BMW time...Only Because I Never Play FM5 Its Pure Garbage Nothing Not Even Half a Sim... I Just Hooked up My TX and Ran it for Group Participation and also i Havent Used it in Months so it was FW update time... 2x Birds with1 Stone... LOL...CSW v2 and GT6 feels better than FM5 maybe thats because the TX wheel i dunno when i get a Hub i will give FM5 another try but until then We can Meet on PCars.
  • edited May 2015
    Natalie ive read in other Forums that you wont get 100% when Calibrating the Wheel Due to the wheel lock Stop... it stops maybe at 90% See if you can Muscle it to 100% if its Not at the end of wheel travel...but in any case just calibrate it anyway and it will be Fine.

I Dont Have My Wheel Back yet its Supposed to back on Tuesday... PCars is Releasing on Tuesday as well... until then i Have No Idea except what im Reading.

LOL!!! .Like i said before when People were complaining about the V2 Having Bugs and Issues.. Now People see its Not just Fanatec its Every Product that Has Bugs and Issues when its First Released... jmt... People are saying PCars Has Bugs and Issues too... I Hope they will get it Sorted im Reading alotta Good things but some bad Stuff too.
    edited May 2015
    That's interesting info Grimey, thanks for getting back to me, that's really good to know. Do you know where that was mentioned as that's one of my issues.

I have very bizarre results from my v2. I don't get close to the recommended 100 and my wheel reports around 800 degrees of rotation in PCars. Also there's a substantial difference in the figure reported when calibrating to the left vs right, very bizarre?

In all fairness to fanatec, I genuinely don't think they have any/many "major" issues that are show stoppers for their customers. Yes there are some small bugs here and there, but nothing dramatic (imo)

For example, do I have an issue with my wheel, yes.
    Is it a show stopper, no.
    Do I have to make little concessions with how I use my wheel (until we resolve it) yes.
    Is that the end of the world, no.
    Am I confident fanatec will resolve it rapidly to and to high standard... I have no doubt!

As you expereiced too, there was an issue with your wheel, fanatec resolved, it and your wheel is on its way back to you (or will be soon) and you handled it and expressed yourself in a manner that I (and many others) respect.

BUT...
    You might want to get your clam pills out for Project Cars ;)
    I listed a few of the bugs I experienced in the PS4 version of pCars above.
    However that's just a hand full of the issues I found... Again, full disclosure, I was really pushing pCars on the PS4 to the limit, testing it, looking for bugs/issues (like I always do) :) So not everyone will experience all of these in such a short period of time.

Hopefully SMS will resolve their issues as fast, as reliably and to the same high standard that Fanatec resolve theirs! :)
  • I do get 100 when rotating the wheel ALL times...no matter what wheel settings I use. Without the clikking noise...
    But to me it doesn't matter what I do on wheel settings...it keeps the same difference in turning. The first 200° are alike but above they're not the same...so I just use my own settings in display of the wheel.
  • Hi guys and hope you're all well. Just bought Project cars for ps4 and am struggling to get my cswv2 to work with it. How do I connect my fanatec so it works with the game. Thanks for your time guys.
    Did you update the FW?
    edited May 2015
    I do get 100 when rotating the wheel ALL times...no matter what wheel settings I use. Without the clikking noise...
    But to me it doesn't matter what I do on wheel settings...it keeps the same difference in turning. The first 200° are alike but above they're not the same...so I just use my own settings in display of the wheel.

So your V2 gets to 100... Interesting. Is that on PS4 or PC or both?

Mine is not getting close to 100 and is giving me very strange results in the telemetry (off centre) after calibrating the wheel. I'm trying to figure out if this is a HW issue or a game issue.
  • Ps4 only Natalie, don't have it on pc.
    I don't use the calibration on game
    edited May 2015
    Ps4 only Natalie, don't have it on pc.
    I don't use the calibration on game

If you don't use the PCars calibration utility in the game, how do you know you're getting up to 100 in the pCars calibration menu? :) or have I misunderstood something ;)
  • No...I tried it. But if I set 'wheel' settings to 240, 370, 540, 900 or off...I don't get true in game callibration. With hands on wheel..it isn't the same after about 400° or so.
    So after trying to get the wheel calibrated at so many values I gave up.
  • @Natalie (and others with calibration and FF issues); I did some pre-reading while waiting for the game and hub ;P

Here's something about holding the wheel in the 90 degrees position and pressing A, you need to keep holding the wheel after pressing A it seems (different wheel, but I assume it might be the same for all):

Here's someone calibrating another wheel, maybe this could tell you if there's something different or not (he seems to do the 90 degrees and hold also wrong):

Btw I do have the V2 and a nice Momo-wheel, but nothing in between (read hub) so am unable to do the test for you on PC...
  • Are you using a v2 Jason? Have you calibrated it using the PCars calibration menu, if so, what numbers did you get ;)

I am using my V2 , but I didn't change any values because the first time I tried the FFB calibration menu after exiting I had no FFB whatsoever so I just reset back to default.

The Formula cars felt better FFB wise than anything else I've driven and also I want to give kudos to the pCars team for their fantastic low frequency sound that rocks my Buttkicker Gamer 2   better than any racing game I've tried!

• Jason Shaffer Im Never Gonna Beat that Spa BMW time...Only Because I Never Play FM5 Its Pure Garbage Nothing Not Even Half a Sim... I Just Hooked up My TX and Ran it for Group Participation and also i Havent Used it in Months so it was FW update time... 2x Birds with1 Stone... LOL...CSW v2 and GT6 feels better than FM5 maybe thats because the TX wheel i dunno when i get a Hub i will give FM5 another try but until then We can Meet on PCars.

Excuses, Grimey !!!!!!!!!!! Don't know how you can stand that gt arcade fest, but to each their own! Remember I didn't even use a wheel to run that 2:20 , though.

Do you have pCars fo PC too, Grimey?

@Natalie (and others with calibration and FF issues); I did some pre-reading while waiting for the game and hub ;P

Here's something about holding the wheel in the 90 degrees position and pressing A, you need to keep holding the wheel after pressing A it seems (different wheel, but I assume it might be the same for all):

Here's someone calibrating another wheel, maybe this could tell you if there's something different or not (he seems to do the 90 degrees and hold also wrong):

Btw I do have the V2 and a nice Momo-wheel, but nothing in between (read hub) so am unable to do the test for you on PC...

Thanks for the link :)
    I saw these earlier too, however I think the guy who was saying "hold" the wheel (not let go) is not correct. Funnily enough, I was doing exactly the same as Yorki, but my wheel was/is registering much much lower than 900 degrees of rotation, my wheel stops registering much earlier, sometimes at around 800 degrees of rotation. It bizarrely changes depending on which way I rotate.

Some users also say, ignore the 90degree turn and just turn the wheel until it registers 900. I tried that too, but overall it's never quite felt, or registered correctly in the telemetry.

I'm currently trying to figure out if this is an issue with my base (which is/has an open case for existing issues) or if this is related to PCars specifically.

Fanatec won't let you down when your middle section arrives ;)
  • edited May 2015
    Jason Shaffer yup you Showed Me whos king in FM5... Yup You Showed us All Wooo Hooo!!! Jsaon Shaffer King of PGR... Uuuh I Mean FM5... Yay... FM5 is Garbage with a Wheel... Maybe its Just the TX but like i Said i will Give it ago when i get a Hub with the V2 but that will be Months From Now... Nope im Buying PCars For the PS4 only at this piont maybe i will get it for the XB1 also but i Need to Look up a Few TX threads and see if they are Having the Same Wheel Issues.... But at this point its PS4 Pcars only for me.

Assetto Corsa is Even Ground Let all meet up there...we can even Race the BMW on Spa... How about that...There are No Issues or Complaints with Assetto Corsa Lets Do it. Lets Set a Date and a Time.

edited May 2015
    As the official statistician I am obliged to make it clear that jason's time was faster than everyone else's in FM5 due to running a modified, maxed out (PPI 900) BMW, while we all ran an equal, unmodified, standard, default (806 PPI) and averaged about 2.24

The question is...
    Jason can you beat our non modified times ;)

\ runs and hides behind the sofa X_X
  • edited May 2015
    Natalie im Gonna Take the easy Route... Im gonna Drive PCars with Stock wheel Settings and if Tuning is Needed I will Tune My Wheel Settings First!!! Then and Only then Will I Mess with the in Game Settings after Driving Stock Settings a Few weeks ... Remember Only Fanatec Wheels Have on the wheel FFB/SHO /SPR/ DPR and Most importantly the FOR ... Once you get the Propper SPR & DPR Serting on the Wheel you can use the FOR setting to increase the Game Physics Forces Right From the Wheel on the Fly....Too Many Settings Choices are Great but Not a Good thing because we will Tweek and Tweek Looking for better and end up Making things worse.... I Never Tune My Cars in Any Game Until i First Drive it Stock for 2 or 3 weeks that way i get the Natural Feel and i understand that car as it was tuned for that particular Game.... So i Suggest Driving PCars with Stock Settings a Few weeks then Tune other than that you will be Tweeking PCars to Feel like the Sim you are Most Familiar with and may Miss out on some of the New FFB Physics Features PCars May Offer. jmt
    I Can See where TM or Logitec may Need all that Tuming because there is No or Very Little on the Wheel Tuning.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey guys,

Anyone have info on why the Clubsport Pedals are now moved to a July 31st shipping? A bit concerning with all these dates getting pushed back more and more. Especially when paying up front for pre-orders.
  • Thomas in one post you hinted there may be a chance of the xbox one hubs shipping earlier. Is there any likely hood of that happening or is the first batch still firmly slated at 28th may.
  • Hey guys,

Anyone have info on why the Clubsport Pedals are now moved to a July 31st shipping? A bit concerning with all these dates getting pushed back more and more. Especially when paying up front for pre-orders.

I would guess that they sold out of the May shipment quantity. I have a set on order for end of May delivery and I've not received anything saying its been pushed back.

• Not so long ago on here Jason was trumpeting iracing and the pc master race. I have always said each to their own although pc is my thing. When I offer him a little dual he continually picks fm5 - he knows I don't have and have no interest in. And Jason your oval performance is hardly stellar looks like iracing is a little to tricky for you. Give me physics and feel every time over graphics and poor ffb. No sim has the complete package yet.

So Jason all hot air no substance. I wouldn't keep on your case but for your attitude and down talking to virtually everyone. I help out tons of rookies with sets etc. I like to see people get on. You probably just drive over them.

Now your stellar fm5 time is a fraud too. ha.

• edited May 2015
    Jason Its Fairly easy to get Good times with the Controler on FM5 Due to the Quicker Reaction times....Imo Forza5 was tuned More for Controler use than a Wheel....i Cant Go Back to Controler because that will Mean i wasted My $$$ Buying a Great Wheel Set up.... I Like to get Close as Possible to the Sim Feeling... 2x buttkickers Mounted to a Real Car Seat, Custom built Racing Set up that Fits and Feels like im in my 350z Etc... I Can Sit in there and Race All Day and Be totaly Comfortable... Racing with a Controler just wont Give Me the Imersion that i like for Racing Games.

Keith Sharp I Say we Should have a Group Race with Assetto Corsa on Spa with the Stock BMW...I think Jason Shaffer is Scared though... jmo....Aaah ha ha haaa(Evil Laugh)

I Have Not been Reading/Hearing Much about PCars and XB1... I've been Reading Much More about PCars on PS4.... It comes out tomorrow and i Plan to get the PS4 Version to Start Off with... The PS4 Version Looks Really Good So Far.

any one have any News or Post about PCars and XB1???
  • Count me in. Spent zero time in that car and only a little with csw but im not scared. Should be an easy victory. AC looks a little washed out too me I prefer iracings colour and layout.
  • Why not a group race on ps4 with the BMW M3 GT2 STOCK...
    The reason not mentioning the XOne version is simple...IT SUCKS...very bad graphics, high rate of glitches, faults, bugs, crashes etc...I own it but too but like playing it on ps4 better!!!