Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Ok ok I Got it!!! I had to move my pedal plate to make it comfortable
  • edited August 2015
    So im Still Not Feeling any Major ABS rumble Nor am i Feeling the Gas Pedal Rumble... is there a Special trik to it??? on off feature or somthing???
  • Did you reset your ffb settings after updating Grimey...on PC forums is said that has to be done for patch taking effect
  • edited August 2015
    The hand-brake doesn't seem to work via the pedals for me, anyone else experiencing this issue?
    I'm on the beta driver 223 and latest firmware 1.12

Edit: and yes it works fine using the usb-adapter :)
  • Hello All, first time posting but been a crawler for a bit now. 

I got my V3s yesterday and i've been struggling with them. According to the assembly section of the manual there are two ways to use the pedals but only the usb to pc seems to work for me. When i connect directly to v2 base and pedals via the RJ12 cable it recognises no input neither does it show up in the fanatec drivers GUI. Am i misunderstanding the manual or doing something wrong? Im on the 223 beta with firmware 1.12 on pedals and firmware 110 on V2 base. 
  • Love love the V3's thanks Fanatec 

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Love love the V3's thanks Fanatec 

Customised. nice !
  • Regan McmanusRegan Mcmanus Member
    edited August 2015

Customised. nice !
    way more then this shows in in a wheel chair and using my mobility hand controls to work the gas and brake

• hello please advice , it is better to engage directly into the Clubsport pedals Wheel Base V2 or USB pc, thank you
  • Love love the V3's thanks Fanatec 

I like the idea. But three fonts is two too many for me. Lol
  • Someone please add their 2cents to my current dilemma with my V3 pedals please. I am currently on the 223 beta driver with firmware 112 on the pedals and firmware 110 on my V2 base with 918 RSR rim. Currently i can get any sort of input plugged into usb, which is not ideal for my rig. Direct connection to the base and pedal is not working for me at all! 
    Thanks for any suggestion and i've also emailed support. 
  • edited August 2015
    a Few more Hours with the V3 pedals!!! The 12bit(1024 points of pedal Movement) is Great!!! With the v2 wheel being sooo accurate and precise the 8bit(256 points of Movement) was ok but some how always felt a bit disconnected from the wheel!!! on a Track like Hockenheim Ring in the Ruff GT8 GT3 i can Really Feel and See the Difference my Turns are Now High Speed and Silky Smooth!!! The Wheel Feels Complete... It will still take a Few More days to get Totally used to the Finer Throttle and Brake Control but the v3 pedals are Making a Huge Difference in Lap Times! The brake feel of the V3 pedals is Amazing and Ultra precise... and thats without the damper!!! Now i want a Brake and Throttle Damper just to see if it gets better... But as it is Now im Totally Blown away!!! the V3 pedals feel Much Better than i thought they would...I almost Missed out and wasnt gonna buy them but im Sooo happy i did.

I Can Feel the Throttle Rumble Kicking in Very Nice!!! I am Very Happy.

Also PS4 PCars update 3.0 is Great!!! PCars Has Completly Transformed to one of the best Sim Racing Games out on any Platform!!! at this rate PS4 PCars will Beat IRacing...Just Need to get rid of the Jerks Crash Racing on line!!!!

The V2 wheel is sooo Good it Needs Pedals of this Quality...any 1 still on the fense about buying them with a V2 wheel cause you think your v1 / v2 pedals are Good enough.... Nope you are Missing the True Fidelity of the CSW v2 and V3 pedal Combo!!!! JMO
  • Grimey... got mine today , installed the black spring with a damper ... wore my leg out maintaining full throttle....went back to the red spring and the damper on the throttle and am working out the best feel for me .. but needless to say the floppy throttle pedal is gone for good. the brake with the BRF in the tuning menu .. outstanding !! I couldn't agree more ... if you have a V2 , the new pedals match the throttle and brake control to the precision of the wheel. They may not make you a better racer... but your dumb decisions will at least be consistent !!  

Well done Fanatec Team ... worth the wait....   Anyone want a Thrustmaster TX Cheap!!

• edited August 2015

Grimey... got mine today , installed the black spring with a damper ... wore my leg out maintaining full throttle....went back to the red spring and the damper on the throttle and am working out the best feel for me .. but needless to say the floppy throttle pedal is gone for good. the brake with the BRF in the tuning menu .. outstanding !! I couldn't agree more ... if you have a V2 , the new pedals match the throttle and brake control to the precision of the wheel. They may not make you a better racer... but your dumb decisions will at least be consistent !!  

Well done Fanatec Team ... worth the wait....   Anyone want a Thrustmaster TX Cheap!!

"the brake with the BRF in the tuning menu .. outstanding !! "  Why am i not getting this on my 918 RSR rim!! Could someone at least confirm that the latest firmware for the V2 is 110?
  • Godfrey, I don't know..  I am using the 219 driver with the FW94 on my wheel ... I think the 110 is a beta FW for the V2  as for the pedals , I hooked them directly to my laptop via the USB, and installed the latest firmware recommended.  I have found that the V2 is sensitive to any bad connections in the add-ons, so you may want to re check all connections and make sure they are right and solid. I had my pedals connected in the data port by mistake and it drove me nuts trying to get the wheel working...If it were me , I would trying updating the base and xbox hub using the V219 driver on the V2 product downloads , {don't forget to remove prior drivers from your PC] then I would update the V3 pedals directly through the USB on you PC ... hope this helps
  • Godfrey, just noticed you are using the 918 RSR ... check the product manual and downloads, the procedures sometimes vary.

Customised. nice !
    way more then this shows in in a wheel chair and using my mobility hand controls to work the gas and brake

Amazing!
  • edited August 2015
    Someone please add their 2cents to my current dilemma with my V3 pedals please. I am currently on the 223 beta driver with firmware 112 on the pedals and firmware 110 on my V2 base with 918 RSR rim. Currently i can get any sort of input plugged into usb, which is not ideal for my rig. Direct connection to the base and pedal is not working for me at all! 
    Thanks for any suggestion and i've also emailed support. 
    Probably the button lay out on the 918 wheel changed too...perhaps using the tech support chat function can help you out ?
    And YES fw 110 is the latest...BUT it's beta!!! Report your problems in the driver 222 topic...Armin will help you out there!!
  • Thanks for your input all and i will do as advised 
  • edited August 2015
    Repost from GTPlanet

Stock springs are noodle weak, esp. throttle. Included stronger springs work better. I didn't find a better way to access them for replacement except following instruction from V1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=19&v=54iQktxDQOM. There are also two hex screw on clutch you need to take out. Not sure if there is an easier way.

Damper does not add much to throttle, I am still using it but at lowish setting (2), it just makes it smoother, a bit closer to real accelerator feel. 
    Brakes are different matter, this is where damper shines. Mine is making some clicking noise when compressed, almost like catching at something at the strongest setting, but it seems to be vanishing little by little with break in. I opened case with Fanatec anyway.
    Use Beta 223 drivers and firmware, with official firmware/driver 219 load cell adjustment in driver didn't work.
    You can grab it from here
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/164/fanatec-driver-222-beta-released-windows10/p2

Rumble motors are a joke. Engineering waste.

Coming from load celled G27 (Ricmotech LC), wish I could make brakes stronger, currently using preload at the highest settings, still soft to my liking, but adjusting bit by bit. Wondering if there is anything that can be done there. There is no spring to replace with strongest, just PU foam inside the cylinder. Load cell sensitivity on strongest setting (10) too.

EDIT: One damper started leaking oil already. Seems like Fanatec quality is still there, as always. :(
    For spring installation check out User Manual, there is new procedure, different from V1, although the old one works just as well. 

• edited August 2015
    a Few more Hours with the V3 pedals!!! The 12bit(1024 points of pedal Movement) is Great!!! With the v2 wheel being sooo accurate and precise the 8bit(256 points of Movement) was ok but some how always felt a bit disconnected from the wheel!!! on a Track like Hockenheim Ring in the Ruff GT8 GT3 i can Really Feel and See the Difference my Turns are Now High Speed and Silky Smooth!!! The Wheel Feels Complete... It will still take a Few More days to get Totally used to the Finer Throttle and Brake Control but the v3 pedals are Making a Huge Difference in Lap Times! The brake feel of the V3 pedals is Amazing and Ultra precise... and thats without the damper!!! Now i want a Brake and Throttle Damper just to see if it gets better... But as it is Now im Totally Blown away!!! the V3 pedals feel Much Better than i thought they would...I almost Missed out and wasnt gonna buy them but im Sooo happy i did.

I Can Feel the Throttle Rumble Kicking in Very Nice!!! I am Very Happy.

Also PS4 PCars update 3.0 is Great!!! PCars Has Completly Transformed to one of the best Sim Racing Games out on any Platform!!! at this rate PS4 PCars will Beat IRacing...Just Need to get rid of the Jerks Crash Racing on line!!!!

The V2 wheel is sooo Good it Needs Pedals of this Quality...any 1 still on the fense about buying them with a V2 wheel cause you think your v1 / v2 pedals are Good enough.... Nope you are Missing the True Fidelity of the CSW v2 and V3 pedal Combo!!!! JMO
    Grimey, what settings on the new sliders do you use to get the same feel before p3.0
    I can't get it right...to me p3.0 messed up my excellent ffb feel....again!!! My steering wheel keeps pulling to left BEFORE a left turn and to the right BEFORE a right turn..but I don't like it at all!!
    I can't feel anything in the pedals...no rumble in brakes or gas...?
  • Antoine Goosens Check your Settings... Make Sure you dnt have steering assist on.
  • Frank LehmannFrank Lehmann Member
    edited August 2015
    I've made a short review of my new V3 pedals. Sorry because it's in german language only. Maybe i'll translate it later.
    You can find it here -> click
  • Antoine Goosens Check your Settings... Make Sure you dnt have steering assist on.
    All assistsn are off...feels like it has something to do with the new 'relative gain' slider.

• I would Reset the FFB profile and Re program the Global settings... pick a Car Reset the in Car FFB and Suspension tune and Re pogram everything Fresh... For Me everything is working the same or better than before... update 2.0 was Good but update 3.0 is almost perfection!!! i use the Default FFB profile thats based on update 2.0.... I Have Not yet Messed with the sliders... dont think i need to atm.
  • Looks like I'll have my pedals on Thursday, can't wait.
    edited August 2015
    Mine arrive tomorrow! The wait is over finally.

p.s What firmware is on the pedals as they are shipped? Wouldn't it have the latest release
  • Joseph, not sure what was on them, but I updated them by connecting them "directly" to the PC via USB... my laptop {windows 7]  messaged "installing driver"  after that was complete ... "device ready to use"  ... I opened the Fanatec controller window double clicked "V3 pedals" and then the "update" tab.... there was a message in red [ forget what it said precisely   newer version etc. ], and I clicked on the message and the update started ... after that  the laptop prompted a restart ... after restarting  [pedals still connected] ... hooked them to the base ... been racing ever since no problem..... look for the "BRF" in the tuning menu on the hub.... it adjusts the force required to engage the brakes .... the manual has the entire procedure    enjoy     
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Has anyone noticed that the V3 clutch does not have the same travel as the V2? It doesn't seem to engage the slip?

For example, on the clit h there is a rubber black block.
    This block is supposed to touch the metal bar above it (and does on the V2) but doesn't on the V3.

This means the pedal isn't actually feel as clutch like as the v2 due to the lack of "slip"

Anyone else experience anything different? Does your clutch block touch the metal bar above it when fully depressed?
  • I'll take a look at it tonight after work. But in PCars I also noticed a difference in clutch feel.....I can't control releasing the clutch as good as I could with the V2s...it feels more like off and on, then 'slip' to me too. But I thought it was just a matter of getting used to m.