Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• The gas pedal is still the same...the brake pedal itself also the same...But only the spring system changed...can't believe they are the cause of not feeling the rumble!!!
    Cause the motors are, like with the V2 brake pedal, mounted directly to the pedal holder (the vertical metal bar to where the pedals are mounted on)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    The gas pedal is still the same...the brake pedal itself also the same...But only the spring system changed...can't believe they are the cause of not feeling the rumble!!!
    Cause the motors are, like with the V2 brake pedal, mounted directly to the pedal holder (the vertical metal bar to where the pedals are mounted on)
    Damn so the V3 pedals are lacking substantially in rumble with the new motor layout? I wonder if this could be fixed with firmware since I have mine on order and coming months end.
  • I'm sure the tech guys from Fanatec will sort this out for us Joseph
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    I'm sure the tech guys from Fanatec will sort this out for us Joseph
    I hope so. They are usually pretty good at working these things out.
  • My Pedals are Shipping 8/31... I was Just wondering How Flaws Like this Make it past their Supposedly Beta Testers??? Thats a Pretty Big Flaw to Miss... The ABS rumble Feature is one of Pinnacle points of the CSP line!!!
  • Grimey... I THINK the bèta testers get their TO TEST material only a couple a days to max 2 weeks before the consumers do...I mean look at Natalie and the hub...the first batch of V3s were shipped only 2 weeks before I got mine... Probably not much time to test them.like the V2 bases were ? I hope I'm wrong...But given the timelaps of latest products...
  • edited July 2015
    My Pedals are Shipping 8/31... I was Just wondering How Flaws Like this Make it past their Supposedly Beta Testers??? Thats a Pretty Big Flaw to Miss... The ABS rumble Feature is one of Pinnacle points of the CSP line!!!

Antoine Goossens Nope... No Excuses... the ABS Rumble is a Pinnacle Fearure of the CSP Line How could that get Missed and Go unreported??? and the Only asnswer from your Beta Tester Source Remco Van Dilk is ***"The CSP v3 are more solid than the v2. So it's not a problem as in something being wrong, just unfortunate that with the current construction the rumble is hardly felt. I must say though that with the pedals depressed the rumble can be felt a little better IMO, but not much."*** Yes sir im sure Fanatec Has the Best of the Best Beta Testers and there is Lots and Lots of Testing of the "Free" Product going on...ijs The ABS is a Hallmark of the CSP line up how could that get missed??? They Even added Rumble Feature to the Gas Pedal Soooo ummm whaaa that dont work either???
  • edited July 2015
    Natalie Bissell Does a Great Job Beta Testing She alwys Has Hands on info thats Accurate and Detailed... When Some one Has a Problem She will Hands on Try and Reproduce the Issue looking for solution...Not just say i will pass the info along... She also Owns all Platforms to test on!!! That should be the 1'st Requirement of being selected as a Beta Tester...ijs... How can you help people with issues and you dont even have the equipment to run your own test and see whats going on???

• H
    Natalie Bissell Does a Great Job Beta Testing She alwys Has Hands on info thats Accurate and Detailed... When Some one Has a Problem She will Hands on Try and Reproduce the Issue looking for solution...Not just say i will pass the info along... She also Owns all Platforms to test on!!! That should be the 1'st Requirement of being selected as a Beta Tester...ijs... How can you help people with issues and you dont even have the equipment to run your own test and see whats going on???

I'm a beta tester with PS4, PC and Xbox 1. I think you're painting beta testers with a broad brush.
  • edited July 2015
    Nope... I dunno who the Beta Testers are... What im Sayin/asking is some of the Flaws are Like a Red Nose easy to Spot... How do those Flaws just slip through to the Consumer Version... Unless your saying that its Reported to fanatec and they just push it out any way.
  • Nope... I dunno who the Beta Testers are... What im Sayin/asking is some of the Flaws are Like a Red Nose easy to Spot... How do those Flaws just slip through to the Consumer Version... Unless your saying that its Reported to fanatec and they just push it out any way.
    1st thing. I didn't beta test the CSPv3. Last I tested was the X1 hub. So I can't say what was and wasn't noticed and/or reported. My disagreement with you is your assertion that most beta testers don't have the proper equipment, don't put in the time and are in it just for free stuff. I went through a lot to become a tester. And to better my chances I got a gaming only PC. So yes I do take offense to your broad comments.
  • edited July 2015
    I don't agree with Grimey on this one...But with PCars...an other story. Only thing I think should happen is. It should be required to become a beta tester to have all platforms AND the upcoming platforms in the future. So devices can be tested on all platforms. Jmho
  • I don't agree with Grimey on this one...But with PCars...an other story. Only thing I think should happen is. It should be required to become a beta tester to have all platforms AND the upcoming platforms in the future. So devices can be tested on all platforms. Jmho

I agree and yet I don't. I think that as long as you have multiple testers for all platforms you're good. If they focus on one platform they can put more hours into that specific version and find bugs easier. When we have to split time between platforms we can't possibly find everything. Only so many hours in a day.
  • There you've got a point too Chris. LoL
  • edited July 2015
    Nope... I dunno who the Beta Testers are... What im Sayin/asking is some of the Flaws are Like a Red Nose easy to Spot... How do those Flaws just slip through to the Consumer Version... Unless your saying that its Reported to fanatec and they just push it out any way.
    1st thing. I didn't beta test the CSPv3. Last I tested was the X1 hub. So I can't say what was and wasn't noticed and/or reported. My disagreement with you is your assertion that most beta testers don't have the proper equipment, don't put in the time and are in it just for free stuff. I went through a lot to become a tester. And to better my chances I got a gaming only PC. So yes I do take offense to your broad comments.

Nope... I Never said all i said Some Dont Have the Propper Equipment and Dont put in the Time...If you are Testing as you you Should be then Kudos to you... if this is the case Fanatec knows that your a Good Tester and that you have been submitting Bug Reports Weekly Daily ETC... as i said I dont Know who the Testers are so... well i know of 3 now including you the only Tester that i have seen Posting Informative information is Natalie Bissell... i see her Constantly Posting Here and other Forums Taking Notes and Helping to solve Problems. Once she has the info she always Post ok i will try and Reproduce the issue and Report back....This is why i think its important for the Beta Testers to Have the Systems they "Claim" to Test for... Other than that you just Get Some Tester/Moderator ETC that says " This is Not How That Works" but they Have No Hands on with the Platform or Product that they are telling you about...End Result is the Devs get 3rd hand info thats probley Not Accurate .... if you Never Beta tested them then why so offended??? you can only Claim Knowledge of the Platfom and Poduct that you tested....I never Knew you tested the Hub Natalie is the only 1 i saw report on.it...I just think that Fanatec has to Have More Strict Beta Test Criteria because the Truth is its Free Product and "Some" will say and do what ever to get it for "free".

Maybe even a policy that your Next Beta Test will be subject to how well you performed on the Last product tested....There Has to be some way to weed out the Real Testers from the Free Product seekers.jmo
  • edited July 2015
    I'm glad Natalie is the one providing us and helping us here too...if she can. It's really a mistery to me how she manages all...work, kids, husband, household and test. She probably never sleeps. LMAO
  • I don't agree with Grimey on this one...But with PCars...an other story. Only thing I think should happen is. It should be required to become a beta tester to have all platforms AND the upcoming platforms in the future. So devices can be tested on all platforms. Jmho
    It Looks Like we Agree then Antoine Goosens... LOL... Thats Exactly what ive been saying... a Beta Tester Needs to Own all the Platforms.... other than that sending them Multi platform equipment to test is usless.
  • Nope... I dunno who the Beta Testers are... What im Sayin/asking is some of the Flaws are Like a Red Nose easy to Spot... How do those Flaws just slip through to the Consumer Version... Unless your saying that its Reported to fanatec and they just push it out any way.

Nope... I Never said all i said Some Dont Have the Propper Equipment and Dont put in the Time...If you are Testing as you you Should be then Kudos to you... if this is the case Fanatec knows that your a Good Tester and that you have been submitting Bug Reports Weekly Daily ETC... as i said I dont Know who the Testers are so... well i know of 3 now including you the only Tester that i have seen Posting Informative information is Natalie Bissell... i see her Constantly Posting Here and other Forums Taking Notes and Helping to solve Problems. Once she has the info she always Post ok i will try and Reproduce the issue and Report back....This is why i think its important for the Beta Testers to Have the Systems they "Claim" to Test for... Other than that you just Get Some Tester/Moderator ETC that says " This is Not How That Works" but they Have No Hands on with the Platform or Product that they are telling you about...End Result is the Devs get 3rd hand info thats probley Not Accurate .... if you Never Beta tested them then why so offended??? you can only Claim Knowledge of the Platfom and Poduct that you tested....I never Knew you tested the Hub Natalie is the only 1 i saw report on.it...I just think that Fanatec has to Have More Strict Beta Test Criteria because the Truth is its Free Product and "Some" will say and do what ever to get it for "free".

Maybe even a policy that your Next Beta Test will be subject to how well you performed on the Last product tested....There Has to be some way to weed out the Real Testers from the Free Product seekers.jmo
    I'm not gonna go back and forth with you. I'm offended because wether you want to admit it or not you are indeed grouping all beta testers together. And if you've never beta tested you don't know what we are and aren't asked to do.

So I have a question. If a device beta tester should have and test all versions then you're saying the pCars PC beta testers should've had all the Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Logitech etc wheels, pedals, shifters, button boxes etc.? So if you beta test a game you better stock up. :)

I don't frequent other forums because I'm tired of arguing that happens in most anymore. Natalie does do a great job. And her and I have worked together behind the scenes. There is enough of the same problem getting posted multiple times I don't need to add to confusion. That's the last I'll post on this.
  • I think grimey is getting at the fact that a lot of beta testers are in it for them rather than doing the job. I am not saying anyone here has or hasn't tested properly. And before you ask yes I am a very experienced beta tester of a lot of Autodesk software. I also have previously been employed as a tester for a very large mobile phone company. Regardless of what I am asked to do I do that plus plenty more.
    So a question for you. Did you test the v3 pedals and did you report poor vibration?
  • I think grimey is getting at the fact that a lot of beta testers are in it for them rather than doing the job. I am not saying anyone here has or hasn't tested properly. And before you ask yes I am a very experienced beta tester of a lot of Autodesk software. I also have previously been employed as a tester for a very large mobile phone company. Regardless of what I am asked to do I do that plus plenty more.
    So a question for you. Did you test the v3 pedals and did you report poor vibration?
    As I stated before I did not test the CSPv3. The last I tested was the Xbox One hub. And like Natalie I've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on Fanatec gear. I'm not just in it for free stuff. Just look at my profile pic. Lol
  • edited July 2015
    I think grimey is getting at the fact that a lot of beta testers are in it for them rather than doing the job. I am not saying anyone here has or hasn't tested properly. And before you ask yes I am a very experienced beta tester of a lot of Autodesk software. I also have previously been employed as a tester for a very large mobile phone company. Regardless of what I am asked to do I do that plus plenty more.
    Don't even answer that I just read your previous comment. Just look at the state of pcars. Made for racers by racers yet there was so many bugs and stupid ideas that I fail to believe any real racer or beta tester wouldn't have noticed or reported. So either the companies are ignoring the testers in which case there's no point having them or the testers are not up to standard. Again I am not pointing the finger at anyone here.
    If there is indeed issues with the basics then that speaks volumes
  • I don't get what this whole discussion is leading to. Why are suddenly beta-testers to blame for products not working to your liking? I personally am very thankful for the fanatec beta-testers to spend countless hours testing the products. If you have a problem with the product you bought....get in contact with the producer. The producer is the only one responsible for the state of it's products.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited July 2015
    I'm glad Natalie is the one providing us and helping us here too...if she can. It's really a mistery to me how she manages all...work, kids, husband, household and test. She probably never sleeps. LMAO

I'm fuelled almost exclusively by coffee and rage! :D

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you. I'm offended because wether you want to admit it or not you are indeed grouping all beta testers together. And if you've never beta tested you don't know what we are and aren't asked to do.

So I have a question. If a device beta tester should have and test all versions then you're saying the pCars PC beta testers should've had all the Fanatec, Thrustmaster, Logitech etc wheels, pedals, shifters, button boxes etc.? So if you beta test a game you better stock up. :)

I don't frequent other forums because I'm tired of arguing that happens in most anymore. Natalie does do a great job. And her and I have worked together behind the scenes. There is enough of the same problem getting posted multiple times I don't need to add to confusion. That's the last I'll post on this.

Again i Have Not Singled any one out other than Natalie for Doing a Great Job... as i Said i Had No Idea you were a Beta Tester so No Need for you to take it personal... But yes some times the Good do get lumped in with the bad... Because some are just in it for Free Product!!! if thats not you then Move on No Need to take Offense...thats just life...The Quality of Natalies work Shows Forth so she is the only Confirmed Fanatec beta tester i see in Forum after Forum Helping people and providing solutulions... Even in Here she says "Ok i will try and Reproduce the problem and get back to you" JMO i thought thats what beta testing was about...
  • And Yes I Have Every Platform and Every Fanatec Wheel Even a TX & T500 pedals for XB1... Aslo a Gaming PC but i prefer to Game on Console for the online... I do Race PC sims but only off line....Beta Testing for me wouldnt be a Problem i just Never signed up for it... Hhhmmm But after all the Tweeking ive done for PCars FFB and Fanatec wheels maybe i should sign up.... Hmmm :-B
  • I've been doing 17 laps multiplied by 3, on Silverstone international, FM5...and I must say, the rumble is felt on the brake side....BUT it's felt more through my frame of the RS1 then in my foot !!! Also the FFB coming from the base in FM5, does lay a shadow over the pedal rumble, cause I really had to THINK of to where the feeling came from.
    But at the start of a race, after driving a getting in formation lap, pressing the brake continuesly...I could feel it coming from the brake pedal, cause the base was in rest.
  • And Yes I Have Every Platform and Every Fanatec Wheel Even a TX & T500 pedals for XB1... Aslo a Gaming PC but i prefer to Game on Console for the online... I do Race PC sims but only off line....Beta Testing for me wouldnt be a Problem i just Never signed up for it... Hhhmmm But after all the Tweeking ive done for PCars FFB and Fanatec wheels maybe i should sign up.... Hmmm :-B
    you have a problem sir. lol. 

but i think you should sign up. 

• LOL....Hhhhmmm... :-B
  • edited August 2015
    I'm experiencing more and more calibration problems with the gas pedal. I've calibrated them 5 times on my pc now...but in both FM5 and PCars I have to rise the inside dead zone to 10 and 12...cause the gas pedal seems to be pushed in. Sometimes even on full throttle, until I quickly push ita all the way down and quick release more than once.
    Should I give it up for RMA ?
  • Antoine as they are brand new I personally would send them back for repair, or if I knew the problem part, request parts to effect the repair myself.

Off topic but,  I bought into pCars back in 2011 and the existing bugs were definitely not the fault of the beta testers. There was many design changes and things added in and it became a huge project. Many things were cut due to time running out and unfortunately with such a huge amount of code bugs remained such that if the game was waiting to release bug free it would never have happened because of the costs. Really you cannot compare software and hardware testing equally, those with experience in coding know that.

If the rumble motors were an added option I would not have even bothered to purchase that option because to me they add very little. With buttkickers and an accuforce wheel running via simcommander / simvibe there is more than enough vibration and rumble through my rig. But nonetheless for people without such tactile hardware, for their racing / gaming rig, this rumble may be a great addon and as such should perform to spec and probably Fanatec are working on that right now prior to the mass release of the csp v3 come 31 August .... we hope !