Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

•  "CSP V3 pedals + FanaLEDs" - to all users of this combo:

Realized, that CSP V3 pedals WONT be detected by FanaLEDs latest version v2.3e !?
    So pedals can NOT (and do not) run with "rumble" brakes/throttle!

Since sept.09 guys from FanaLEDs are aware of this issue via official Fanatec forum
     http://www.fanaleds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=639&start=10
    Hope FanaLEDs will soon release a proper working new version for download.
    cu

• Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Updated the firmware ....The gas pedal works great in GT6...Then a day or two later the gas pedal drops from 100% to 25-50%. Any ideas?
    When does it drop? While playing the game?
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals
    and wheel?
    FW 226 The Pedals Just Randomly Drops and gives Random Readings... I went back to FW 222 on Wheel and Pedals and all is Fine...FW 226 Wheel and Pedal FW seem to Have Issues.

I get those drops on 222 as well and almost everytime I start Project Cars I have to restart my wheel due it only having 30% input levels.
    What wheel and Pedal FW are you using??? im using everuthing 222 FW on Wheel & Pedals... I tried 222 on pedals and 126 on wheel No Good...Still had Random Pedal Reading issues... On 222 wheel and pedals everything works Fine for me.
  • Can anyone comment any information reagrding the price hike from 349 Australian to now closer to 500 in the last few weeks.
    One the 1st page of comments on the new Xbox One rim announcement Thomas made a statement explaining this issue. Thanks
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Updated the firmware ....The gas pedal works great in GT6...Then a day or two later the gas pedal drops from 100% to 25-50%. Any ideas?
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals
    and wheel?
    FW 226 The Pedals Just Randomly Drops and gives Random Readings... I went back to FW 222 on Wheel and Pedals and all is Fine...FW 226 Wheel and Pedal FW seem to Have Issues.

I get those drops on 222 as well and almost everytime I start Project Cars I have to restart my wheel due it only having 30% input levels.
    What wheel and Pedal FW are you using??? im using everuthing 222 FW on Wheel & Pedals... I tried 222 on pedals and 126 on wheel No Good...Still had Random Pedal Reading issues... On 222 wheel and pedals everything works Fine for me.
    I am using 222 for both. What is your startup method?
  • I always leave the Wheel plugged into what ever im playing but Powerd off..
    I Turn on PS4 ---> Start wheel and Touch Nothing No Gas, No Brake First Time i Press anything is when it says Press X.
    Also i Calibrated My Wheel in PCars But Not the Pedals.... Maybe because the Wheel Auto Calibrates the Pedals if you Calibrate them in Game theres a Conflict between Game Calibration and Wheel Calibration??? I Dunno my best Guess.
    I always leave the Wheel plugged into what ever im playing but Powerd off..
    I Turn on PS4 ---> Start wheel and Touch Nothing No Gas, No Brake First Time i Press anything is when it says Press X.
    Also i Calibrated My Wheel in PCars But Not the Pedals.... Maybe because the Wheel Auto Calibrates the Pedals if you Calibrate them in Game theres a Conflict between Game Calibration and Wheel Calibration??? I Dunno my best Guess.
    I wonder if it's an Xbox issue. Apparently you have to calibrate the pedals by engaging them a few times each when turned on. The wheel can rotate and calibrate itself however pedals can't engage themselves so we need to do it.

Do you have PCars on Xbox One? If so can you try and see if the pedals give smaller input unless restarted? 
  • I always leave the Wheel plugged into what ever im playing but Powerd off..
    I wonder if it's an Xbox issue. Apparently you have to calibrate the pedals by engaging them a few times each when turned on. The wheel can rotate and calibrate itself however pedals can't engage themselves so we need to do it.

Do you have PCars on Xbox One? If so can you try and see if the pedals give smaller input unless restarted? 
    My Hub should be here tomorrow so i will buy FM6 and XB1 PCars then.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I added a hub to my order to get it quicker :D
    So I have an Oval Rim, Forza Rim, Round 1 and another hub en route :D

I need to order FM6 but I'm annoyed that the digital is almost twice the price of the physical, and I don't want the physical :-/
  • edited September 2015
    Grimey...the dry lube thingie was a golden tip.
    My braking is a lot more consistent and indeed no more peaks and non responces.
    Now...the only thing I'm having trouble with is the gas pedal. VERY VERY randomly the gas pedal seems to be not pushed back al the way...Will try stiffer springs asap...but ALSO randomly. When pushing the gas pedal, both in PCars and FM6 I don't get the full 100%. It looks like, in FM6 I know by telemetry, full gas is only 96% maximum...very weird. After quoting the game and restart my wheel it's gone...for a while...but comes back randomly!!

I've also taken the time...on the go...to turn my brake rumble motor up side down. In preparation for the damper kit. And I must say...I've got more feel into that one than I've ever had before...in both PCars and FM6 on XOne!!
  • Antoine, If memory serves me there is a rumble motor bracket that comes with the dampers for inverting motor.
  • Grimey...the dry lube thingie was a golden tip.
    Now...the only thing I'm having trouble with is the gas pedal. VERY VERY randomly the gas pedal seems to be not pushed back al the way...Will try stiffer springs asap...but ALSO randomly. When pushing the gas pedal, both in PCars and FM6 I don't get the full 100%. It looks like, in FM6 I know by telemetry, full gas is only 96% maximum...very weird. After quoting the game and restart my wheel it's gone...for a while...but comes back randomly!!

I've also taken the time...on the go...to turn my brake rumble motor up side down. In preparation for the damper kit. And I must say...I've got more feel into that one than I've ever had before...in both PCars and FM6 on XOne!!
    i think the random Brake Issue is FW with the V3 Pedals... with My V1 Pedals i Never had any issue with Gas/Clutch/Brake and random Half/False Readings... I love the equipment but some one from Fanatec needs to  Address these issues and Acknowledge  that they know they Exist and are working on a Fix.... Sooo far they have been very mute about the Random Pedal reading wrong issue... 222 is very stable but i do have to restart the wheel some times mostly when i leave it and dont push any buttons longer than 10 min or so....I dunno.

i think the random Brake Issue is FW with the V3 Pedals... with My V1 Pedals i Never had any issue with Gas/Clutch/Brake and random Half/False Readings... I love the equipment but some one from Fanatec needs to  Address these issues and Acknowledge  that they know they Exist and are working on a Fix.... Sooo far they have been very mute about the Random Pedal reading wrong issue... 222 is very stable but i do have to restart the wheel some times mostly when i leave it and dont push any buttons longer than 10 min or so....I dunno.
    It is definitely a firmware issue since it also happens in Forza 6.
  • Antoine, If memory serves me there is a rumble motor bracket that comes with the dampers for inverting motor.
    I know Joe...but I had the brake pedal detached any way so I thought I'll try and see how it goes. And I've come to the conclusion that everybody...damper kit or no damper kit should do that, cause now the brake rumble is felt much better!!!

I ordered some "finish line" lube that G mentioned, it's not arrived yet but should be here this week. I was previously using GT45 which works well to stop the squeaking on the pedals, so I'll see how they compare. It's expensive stuff though in comparison to GT45 :)

@Antoine, I agree that the inversion of the vibration motor appears to give a more rumble feeling, I think because it's off centre, closer to the pedal and out of place slightly all help to make the vibration appear more apparent.

I went one stage further and placed them slightly angled/tilted (think 2 o'clock) as this seems to make them jump/bounce/vibrate in a more awkward manner (more vibration on my pedal) (think washing machine with 1 shoe in it) :D

When they are perfectly aligned, the vibration appears far more subdued, place them in a manner that is off centre out of place slightly, has made the feeling more noticeable for me. As this is a "canned effect" anyway, I'm very happy with feeling now since moving them slightly off centre.

I'm hoping to get my shipping info today for my Forza Rim, Oval Rim, Round1 Rim and my 4th HUB ;)
  • Grimey...the dry lube thingie was a golden tip.

Open up the gas pedal and check whether there's any loose dirt/material inside. Not sure whether current pedals still have this rubber thingy inside to cushion the end stop, but that can cause issues if it comes loose.
  • edited September 2015
    @Natalie, did you just turn them (counter) clockwise or did you actually bend the bracket towards you...sight behand pedal wise.

@Remco...the strange thing is...it's not continually. In Fanatec function test window it doesn't appear. When starting PCars OR FM6 it's not there...it acts up after a while...And if I restart the wheel...gone!!! So I also think it's fw related!!!
    But I'm gonna take m apart to install the stiffer spring anyway...so I'll check it.
    edited September 2015
    @Natalie, did you just turn them (counter) clockwise or did you actually bend the bracket towards you...sight behand pedal wise.

@Remco...the strange thing is...it's not continually. In Fanatec function test window it doesn't appear. When starting PCars OR FM6 it's not there...it acts up after a while...And if I restart the wheel...gone!!! So I also think it's fw related!!!
    But I'm gonna take m apart to install the stiffer spring anyway...so I'll check it.

It'll actually naturally happen as you tighten the bolt for the bracket, the bracket will begin to turn as the bolt etc grip, just let it turn a little so it's not 100% vertical (when looking from behind) / instead of | :)

Makes a difference which I'm sure are obviously related to physics/forces etc

My only description is like "trainer in washing machine effect" when your washer bounces around due to irregular/uneven weight distribution :) mine is almost resting its felt padding on the pedal extension :)

It'll actually naturally happen as you tighten the bolt for the bracket, the bracket will begin to turn as the bolt etc grip, just let it turn a little so it's not 100% vertical (when looking from behind) / instead of | :)

Makes a difference which I'm sure are obviously related to physics/forces etc

My only description is like "trainer in washing machine effect" when your washer bounces around due to irregular/uneven weight distribution :) mine is almost resting its felt padding on the pedal extension :)
    Unfortunately the gas/brake vibrations don't work on Xbox One. Hopefully that gets addressed from either side MS/Fanatec.
  • Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals and wheel?
    While playing GT6...No Cables...Tried rebooting...Same Issue...Tried 222 firmware...Same Issue...What is sad that it seems Fanatec is aware or should be aware of the issue from emails or this forum but nothing is being said. This is my third set of wheels and pedals over the years...Never a problem with the gas pedal...Only the brake...Time for Fanatec to Man UP and state they have a issue and are working on it. Neglecting to this leaves people who have supported Fanatec over the years to grow disgusted and bewildered. If these issues aren't addressed soon I think people like me who are disgusted paying out a fair amount of money only to see the product unable to perform or not perform at all to look in a different direction than Fanatec for wheels...pedals...etc.

• edited September 2015
    Wait wait wait!!! The Throttle Rumble and ABS Rumble dont work in FM5 or 6???
    Wait wait wait!!! The Throttle Rumble and ABS Rumble dont work in FM5 or 6???
    Nope. I am going to try what someone recommended in another forum. Apparently this is how brake rumble works.

Turn on ABS in game
    Turn ABS to 100 (not auto) on CSW
    Use Cockpit view
    edited September 2015
    I think that's for Project Cars (and for all platforms)
    PCars models ABS rumble to only work when ABS is enabled I believe.

Forza has it whether ABS is enabled in game or not.
    I have the following:

ABS disabled in game
    ABS at 85 on wheel
    Any view
    and it works perfectly fine, so i would take that info from the other site with a grain of salt :)
    edited September 2015
    I think that's for Project Cars (and for all platforms)
    PCars models ABS rumble to only work when ABS is enabled I believe.

Forza has it whether ABS is enabled in game or not.
    I have no ABS in game, and ABS at 85 on wheel and it works perfectly fine, so i would take that info with a grain of salt :)

You're right it works either way however it can barely be felt. Accel is a no go and I noticed Brf is not showing on the wheel.
    Pretty sure that's because the API was only recently opened up to developers when the product released. I'm sure they will add it in a patch like SMS did for example :)
    So now that Grimey is getting is X1 setup today , we need to plan a meetup.
    So now that Grimey is getting is X1 setup today , we need to plan a meetup.

We sure do :)
    edited September 2015
    Almost have a good setup dialed into Forza. Nat I don't know how you run 100 . I worried it will rip the wheel apart.

P.S Odd thing Brf is showing up randomly?
  • By god yeah....it's awfully silent at Grimeys side..LoL
  • Either there's something faulty with my pedals or the fw sucks bigtime.
    I use the auto calibration mode on the pedals with brake sensitivity on Fanatec function window...slider is set at 8...And I'm back at fw 1.12 again. Throttle is 100% in the beginning of FM5 AND PCars...but as soon as I touch the brakes I only get 96% throttle output in telemetry !!! Getting a little frustrated over these renewed MORE EXPENSIVE pedals!!!
  • Either there's something faulty with my pedals or the fw sucks bigtime.
    I use the auto calibration mode on the pedals with brake sensitivity on Fanatec function window...slider is set at 8...And I'm back at fw 1.12 again. Throttle is 100% in the beginning of FM5 AND PCars...but as soon as I touch the brakes I only get 96% throttle output in telemetry !!! Getting a little frustrated over these renewed MORE EXPENSIVE pedals!!!
    Could you give me a precise description of the issue and steps how to reproduce? I will then communicate to the devs.