Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• That's the GT rim, without the suede. Already have it. Should have come out with that with the Xbone Hub and rim combo. I'd have bought it for sure. But not now. More $$$.
  • Guys, can I get some thoughts, comparisons, etc., justifying upgrade from CSP (2011) to pedals v3?
    No links to YT, pls.
  • Dig through this topic...somewhere in the beginning, Grimey Dog upgraded from V1 to V3
  • Guys, can I get some thoughts, comparisons, etc., justifying upgrade from CSP (2011) to pedals v3?
    No links to YT, pls.
    To name a few pros of the v3s:

Easier maintenance.
    Easier to adjust brake pedal.
    Bigger load cell in brake pedal.
    Additional dampers that give an even more realistic feel to the pedals.
    Easier connections of sensors and handbrake to the main PCB.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Guys, can I get some thoughts, comparisons, etc., justifying upgrade from CSP (2011) to pedals v3?
    No links to YT, pls.

Hey Jedrzej,

I'd second everything Remco said and add

D shape pedal options
    Easier access to accel spring
    Clutch build is much more immersive
    I love black

I upgraded from V1 and you will feel a difference from that to V3. Overall its the customization options that are a welcome feature.
  • Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Updated the firmware ....The gas pedal works great in GT6...Then a day or two later the gas pedal drops from 100% to 25-50%. Any ideas?
  • I went to update the firmware on my v3 pedals to the new firmware on first use, and after going to flash the firmware the PC will not even read that the pedals are plugged in.

The manual and the firmware updater says to put the pedals into bootloader mode, but if the pedals wont even get recognized I can't do that. Any suggestions??

I'm using the USB plug, on Win 7 64-bit.  I've tried firmware v219, v222, v226.
    I've got the same problem...All that shows is Fanatec Repair (Repairs errors in the recent installation by fixing missing and corrupt files, shortcuts, and registry entries). Does not show anything else.
  • Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Updated the firmware ....The gas pedal works great in GT6...Then a day or two later the gas pedal drops from 100% to 25-50%. Any ideas?
    I went back to FW 222 on wheel and pedals... FW 226 is Borked!!!

• have you Restarted your PC??? if so uninstall driver then Reinstall it... Maybe even you need to Reset the USB ports.
  • have you Restarted your PC??? if so uninstall driver then Reinstall it... Maybe even you need to Reset the USB ports.
    Hi Grimey, you feel the difference use Damper Kit or dont use Damper Kit??

• Be worthwhile spend more money?? or the is a little diffrence..
    Thanks

• @ Francisco, I use a damper on the throttle, and there is a huge difference with the damper installed. If you find the pedal to soft after installing the stiffer spring , then a damper is the way to go . I ordered one damper and was going to test it on both the brake and throttle and order a second if needed. I have never felt the need for a brake damper.  But if you find the throttle feel right for you , spend the money on the Forza rim .. hope this helps.
  • @ Francisco, I use a damper on the throttle, and there is a huge difference with the damper installed. If you find the pedal to soft after installing the stiffer spring , then a damper is the way to go . I ordered one damper and was going to test it on both the brake and throttle and order a second if needed. I have never felt the need for a brake damper.  But if you find the throttle feel right for you , spend the money on the Forza rim .. hope this helps.
    Thanks joe!!

im waiting for my damper to get here... Natalie Bissell loves it thats why i bought mine... she said it was great... im only doing it on the Brake

• I went to update the firmware on my v3 pedals to the new firmware on first use, and after going to flash the firmware the PC will not even read that the pedals are plugged in.

The manual and the firmware updater says to put the pedals into bootloader mode, but if the pedals wont even get recognized I can't do that. Any suggestions??

I'm using the USB plug, on Win 7 64-bit.  I've tried firmware v219, v222, v226.
    you may need to Delete your old USB drivers.... Ive done this it works!!!
    YouTube University!!!

Grimey...Sounds Good But They Only Show The 219 and 226 Being Available.

• Has anyone tried connecting their damper kit with the D pedals on?
  • @ Geoffrey, yes it's a bit challenging.  to make it a bit easier , insert the ruble motor bolt from the inside of the pedal bracket out , so the nut is behind the pedal extension . Somewhere in this post is a pic off what I am talking about. Also take care not to trap the rumble motor wire behind a washer or bolt.

• Here's the pic ... by the way , I hope you're wearing shoes when racing , cause that combo will leave a mark on the bottom of your foot if not.

Grimey...Sounds Good But They Only Show The 219 and 226 Being Available.

Check other topic Tom!!! BETA driver V222 topic and on page 2 there's a V223 posted by Armin Habermann, a Fanatec employé.

• Cheers guys. I shall heed the warning Joe and ensure I have shoes on!!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    have you Restarted your PC??? if so uninstall driver then Reinstall it... Maybe even you need to Reset the USB ports.

im waiting for my damper to get here... Natalie Bissell loves it thats why i bought mine... she said it was great... im only doing it on the Brake

I sure do! I think it makes more of a difference on th throttle than anything else though, real gives/allows for precise modulation/application of that pedal.
    Has anyone tried connecting their damper kit with the D pedals on?

Yea, it's a pain to install and the metal bracket that holds the vibration motor will hit the damper :-/ so you might want to add a bit of tape to stop the metal/metal "clanging" that occurs when you do.

@Grimey a Glad you sorted your pedals and I believe this was what caused my issues. My frame was bent/pedals weren't seated correctly so I exchanged them. Good to know it can be fixed IF it reoccurs ;)
  • @ Natalie, did you flip the rumble motor bracket ??  The rumble motor armature , for lack of a better word] should be on top.
  • @ Nataie thanks, Hopefully I find the time today to install it
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Yea, flipped and setup using the one bracket that comes with the damper.

It's not a big deal, but the metal on metal "clang" when I slam the pedal down sounds really bad, so I added a bit of felt to soften the blow. It's hitting the damper housing, so it could be that this only affects people who have the damper screwed up to a certain level? I'm not sure, bizarrely it didn't happen in my first set, but does happen on this set?

But it's not a deal breaker :)
    When does it drop? While playing the game?
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals and wheel?
  • Can anyone comment any information reagrding the price hike from 349 Australian to now closer to 500 in the last few weeks.
  • Can anyone comment any information reagrding the price hike from 349 Australian to now closer to 500 in the last few weeks.
    AFAIK it's because of the recent Euro exchange rate changes.
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals
    and wheel?
    FW 226 The Pedals Just Randomly Drops and gives Random Readings... I went back to FW 222 on Wheel and Pedals and all is Fine...FW 226 Wheel and Pedal FW seem to Have Issues.

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hhhhmmm??? Wheel FW feels Great... Pedal FW im Randomly getting Half Throttle, Brake, Clutch its Random... I dunno... Ive Reflashed the Pedals 3x lets see what happens
    Are there any power cables lying close to the cable connecting the pedals
    and wheel?
    FW 226 The Pedals Just Randomly Drops and gives Random Readings... I went back to FW 222 on Wheel and Pedals and all is Fine...FW 226 Wheel and Pedal FW seem to Have Issues.

I get those drops on 222 as well and almost everytime I start Project Cars I have to restart my wheel due it only having 30% input levels.