Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• New Pedal FW seems to be working well... The 50% pedals issue was on All 3 Platforms.
    Sooo Glad to get off FW 94 the wheel Never seemed to Keep Straight and level with it... only on PS4 though
    @-)
  • Hello forum members,

When personal messaging me would you please make sure it's to my admin account. I'll get your message either way but I'm not signed into my personal account 24/7 like I am my admin account. I always have it open. It's not a big issue. Just makes things easier and quicker. Thanks.

Chris
    Community Manager
  • @Antoine. I had a similar issue with all the crap I was doing. Right click the Windows icon, Go to Device Manager, open USB controllers. Right click each one and "update" the drivers. Click Update, Browse, Let me pick, Next. Update all of them then try again. That worked for me when I "confused" one of the USB ports.
    Hope that helps.
  • Day 2...Pedal FW 113, Pedals Plugged into the Wheel Base FW 116, PS4 PCars....5+Hrs of Play time Not 1 Issue with the Pedals or Wheel!!! ....Everything Working Very Well So Far i am Very Happy to say =D>
  • Day 2...Pedal FW 113, Pedals Plugged into the Wheel Base FW 116, PS4 PCars....5+Hrs of Play time Not 1 Issue with the Pedals or Wheel!!! ....Everything Working Very Well So Far i am Very Happy to say =D>
    Stop everyone. Write down the date. Grimey is happy with everything. :)) :)>-

Sorry Grimey. It was just sitting there. Had to take it. All in jest of course.
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

Has anyone figured out the headset thing ?  Gave it a try and it was like rubbing you head and patting your stomach at the same time kind of thing! or is that the other way around?

• LOL...
    What a good sport
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi guys,

Antoine did remove his problem report. It is not proven at all that the new FW or testing with differen firmwares can/could cause problems and if it would...we would take care of it. The support team will resolve the issue with him. Please let us know if all reported issues are resolved now. If not please post a detailed problem description and reproduction manual (of the issue) if possible.

THX 
  • WOW!!!  This is a Good Week!!!... The New Wheel FW 113 is working Great and I Even Made Good Progress Getting the Wheel Right on FM6!!! Its needs work but at least i see Hope that FM6 can be playable.

Question why cant you change the in game DOR by setting it on the wheel???  IE: if i set game to 540* but i change cars and set the wheel to 720* in game DOR stays 540*  ...am i doing some thing wrong???
  • Question why cant you change the in game DOR by setting it on the wheel?
    Thrustmaster TX let's you do that, also selects first gear at start of race, and ACL.
    Thinking about it, £900 for less features, Mmm
    New firmware please.
    Thrustmaster TX let's you do that, also selects first gear at start of race, and ACL.
    New firmware please.
    Richard,

I'm not going to get into a back and forth with you. But the CSWv2 has many more features and capabilities than the TX.

Issues with the FW are being addressed. Just ask the members of this forum if their requests and issues are being taken seriously? We know YOU want ACL. But it's not a top requested feature. Sorry but it's not. Hence it won't be something that's pushed to the top of the list of fixes.
  • edited September 2015
    Question why cant you change the in game DOR by setting it on the wheel?
    New firmware please.
    I Have a TX 458 & T500 pedals while its a Good Wheel it Can't Compare to the CSW v2 in any way!!! if it were a Fight between the V2 and the TX it would not be a fair fight at all the V2 Wins!!!

I Haven't used my TX in almost 2 years!!!  matter of fact i had no need to buy a XB1 hub because i Have a TX... I couldn't wait to get my Hub order in!!!  and Yup i Even had the CPX adapter that let me use my CSP v1 Pedals with the TX... I sold it to a Forum member...LOL... after the V2 i dont even think about touching the TX... Not even if my V2 Broke would i use it i would buy a new V2  the difference is that Much... and yes my first TX wheel Died and was replaced so every brand has some failures.

Edit: Im pretty sure they will add the Auto DOR feature to the wheel Like they have the Auto FFB sometime in the Future.
  • When I received the v3 pedals the brake was stuttery, which I thought would improve with time (or maybe that was how a load cell was supposed to behave?). However, it didn't improve, and my lap times weren't stabilizing either. So I decided to check the PU foam (thanks Grimey for the instructions!) and lo and behold: they were completely dry and must have been so out of the factory.

So I lubed them with the included grease which made it much smoother. Only after I did this I read that I should have used a different lube (not included with the pedals), so I might have screwed up the foam?

Other that that, my clutch spring has somehow broken in 2 parts (!). For the moment it's still functioning more or less though. It's a bumpy road for sure..
    New firmware please.
    Im pretty sure they will add the Auto DOR feature to the wheel Like they have the Auto FFB sometime in the Future.
    There is an auto setting on SEN, but unlike the tx, the game setting controls the wheel DOR, which is still useful.
  • edited October 2015
    When I received the v3 pedals the brake was stuttery, which I thought would improve with time (or maybe that was how a load cell was supposed to behave?). However, it didn't improve, and my lap times weren't stabilizing either. So I decided to check the PU foam (thanks Grimey for the instructions!) and lo and behold: they were completely dry and must have been so out of the factory.

So I lubed them with the included grease which made it much smoother. Only after I did this I read that I should have used a different lube (not included with the pedals), so I might have screwed up the foam?

Other that that, my clutch spring has somehow broken in 2 parts (!). For the moment it's still functioning more or less though. It's a bumpy road for sure.

You can Contact Customer Support about the Spring im Sure they will Help you... Fanatec is Really Good with that...I dont think you messed up the PU Foam but i would Recomend that you Clean out the Old Lube ASAP and use Teflon Dry Lube... Ive used it since 2010 with my V1 pedals and the PU Foam is Still Great... I just Spray a bit on the Sides of the PU Foam...Take Note that this is My Own Personal Remedy but its been working Great!!!

Those Springs can be Bought at a Hobby Shop or even the Local Hardware Store too.

There was also a Extra Spring incuded with the Pedals... Its a Stiffer Spring though.

Also take Notice of the New V3 Pedal FW a Few Post up... works Great!!!

New firmware please.
    Im pretty sure they will add the Auto DOR feature to the wheel Like they have the Auto FFB sometime in the Future.
    There is an auto setting on SEN, but unlike the tx, the game setting controls the wheel DOR, which is still useful.

im sure Reasonably Sure the Auto DOR will be Added to Forza because with the XB1 Hub the V2 support is Official Not just Game Supported like PS4...and with a Official Forza Branded Rim seems that The Relationship between T10 and Fanatec is Still Strong... So I Believe the Best is yet to come.

Oooh Did i Mention that the New V3 FW 113 wirks GREAT!!! No Issues Sooo Far... I am Really Happy about that because FW 226 Feels Great on the Wheel.

• Question why cant you change the in game DOR by setting it on the wheel???  IE: if i set game to 540* but i change cars and set the wheel to 720* in game DOR stays 540*  ...am i doing some thing wrong???
    You're doing nothing wrong, this is how it always works. The wheel does not communicate the DOR setting to the game.

The game uses its own DOR setting internally for input calculations. The only way the wheel DOR overrides the game DOR is when the wheel DOR is smaller than the in-game DOR, then the wheel translates its smaller DOR to the same output from the wheel that the game would get with the largest DOR on the wheel. That way, you'll get the full in-game DOR on the smaller rotation angle set on the wheel.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    Hi guys,

we can now hand over a new release candidate firmware to you. Please let us know if you find ANY problems with regards to this firmware. We refined the auto-calibration mode. Before there was an issue if you hit the accelerator pedal really hard that our auto-calibration adapted to that and after that it was close to impossible to reach 100% again. We compensated this case now and the auto-calibration should work close to bulletproof and flawless for everybody now. 

THX for testing!

• edited October 2015
    Thanks Armin Habermann!!! The Pedal FW you posted worked Flawless!!! The Joy of Racing Is Back!!!
    Thank you and All the Fanatec Team for working Hard to Create such a Great Product and FW... Also thanks to All Beta Testers and every one who tested and posted about the Results.... Special thanks to Remco Van Dijk for Putting up with Especially Me and the Rest of the Whiners... LOL \m/

Edit: Thanks to Chris Administrator also :-bd
  • Grant EmmettGrant Emmett Member
    edited October 2015
    Oh how did you guys get these pedals already?  ~X(   I've pre-ordered them but i've gotta wait till 13th Nov in UK to get them, so annoying trying to use old G27 pedals with this epic V2 Wheelbase, the G27 pedals are inaccurate and the accelerator isn't even recognised so I've had to switch clutch and accelerator positions and use clutch as accelerator :(:((   Can't I get the V3 pedals quicker?
  • Hi guys,

we can now hand over a new release candidate firmware to you. Please let us know if you find ANY problems with regards to this firmware. We refined the auto-calibration mode. Before there was an issue if you hit the accelerator pedal really hard that our auto-calibration adapted to that and after that it was close to impossible to reach 100% again. We compensated this case now and the auto-calibration should work close to bulletproof and flawless for everybody now. 

THX for testing!

Thanks Armin. Job well done!
  • Thanks Armin Habermann!!! The Pedal FW you posted worked Flawless!!! The Joy of Racing Is Back!!!
    Thank you and All the Fanatec Team for working Hard to Create such a Great Product and FW... Also thanks to All Beta Testers and every one who tested and posted about the Results.... Special thanks to Remco Van Dijk for Putting up with Especially Me and the Rest of the Whiners... LOL \m/

I 2nd Grimey's sentiments. Except about me. I'm a very small cog in the Fanatec machine. But I'm very happy to be a part of the team.
  • I have sent both my Xbox hub and the V2 base in for service, this AM. 
    But, I need a racing fix. I know that the V3 pedals are compatible with my CSR-E wheel. Can anyone advise if I should install the latest firmware hex file just posted by Armin in the V3 pedals. Is it compatible with the CSR-E wheel firmware? I'm assuming that is the case. Having said that, I see that the 226 Driver is available on the CSR-E download page. So, I will update the firmware and the latest driver for the Wheel and also the latest hex file for the pedals.
    Hoping all goes well. 
    I'm goin' in.... 

• edited October 2015
    Thanks Armin Habermann!!! The Pedal FW you posted worked Flawless!!! The Joy of Racing Is Back!!!

No worries Grimey, I have enough experience online to not get worked up by some healthy misunderstandings or miscommunication, or even the occasional burst of frustration :)
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Firmware is asking me to make sure pedals are in bootloader mode? 
  • Joseph, just download the latest above zip file. Unzip it and place it somewhere convenient. Then hook up the V3 pedals to your pc, open up the Fanatec window. You'll see that the pedals are in the window. Click on properties. Then the function test window will open. Click on update tab, again update. And in the next window click on the 3 dots button and choose the above unzipped file. Then click load or update or something a like. Doing this by memory, so don't shoot me if the names aren't correct.
    The 1.13 are a REAL improvement...so Natalie..;)
  • Marc WendlingMarc Wendling Member
    edited October 2015
    Joseph, just download the latest above zip file. Unzip it and place it somewhere convenient. Then hook up the V3 pedals to your pc, open up the Fanatec window. You'll see that the pedals are in the window. Click on properties. Then the function test window will open. Click on update tab, again update. And in the next window click on the 3 dots button and choose the above unzipped file. Then click load or update or something a like. Doing this by memory, so don't shoot me if the names aren't correct.
    The 1.13 are a REAL improvement...so Natalie..;)

Is BRF-Setting on the wheel available with firmware 1.13 / 1.15 in manual calibration mode? How ist the auto calibration? With my older firmware (before V 226) auto calibation is complete non sense because even at BFR 100 you need only to touch the pedal a little bit to reach full brake force. That makes absolutely no sense.

• Try this Marc. Set brake screw sensitivity at 0 (zero) and with auto calibration on, set the brake slider 8, second one from beneath and BRF at 40. Did you also Dry Lubbed the PU foam inside the braking housing...THAT also makes the brake softer.
  • Try this Marc. Set brake screw sensitivity at 0 (zero) and with auto calibration on, set the brake slider 8, second one from beneath and BRF at 40. Did you also Dry Lubbed the PU foam inside the braking housing...THAT also makes the brake softer.
    the brake slider is only active when pedals are connected via USB. My pedals are connected direct to the CSW-Base. Instead of the slider I therefore have the BRF-Setting in the wheel menu. But it makes no difference which BRF-setting I choose during auto calibratrion, the problem is the same. 

I think it is a software problem which can only be solved by a new firmware. But Fanatec does not seem to be aware of this problem. 

Or are there any others ideas to solve the problem?