Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• @ Antoine... Already done. Thanks.
  • Is that fw 757 also in driver V226? If so...my guess is that somehow the CSR button layout is messed up where it shouldn't!! I know that button layout changed for the X1 hub, between driver V219 and V222, 223 and 226. So people who use the hub on pc and PS4 have better use of the buttons. Maybe the CSR accidentally was drawn in this process too ??
    The CSR-E firmware is not in the driver, the CSR-E FW is updated by a stand-alone tool.
  • Got a question about ordering a set of V3 pedals. I have a set of V1 pedals and am looking to upgraded then sell these. Currently the website shows they are available for pre-order, with a October 30th date. I assume this is The date they expect the next batch to arrive and be available to ship, and the quantity arriving is more than orders taken, so if I order now I can expect them to ship shortly after that date?

I haven't had experience with Fanatec pre-orders.I don't want to place an order, then find out in 3 weeks there wasn't enough stock to fullfil my order and have to wait until through the next pre-order round for more stock, which looks like a multiple month time frame.

Thanks
  • Is that fw 757 also in driver V226? If so...my guess is that somehow the CSR button layout is messed up where it shouldn't!! I know that button layout changed for the X1 hub, between driver V219 and V222, 223 and 226. So people who use the hub on pc and PS4 have better use of the buttons. Maybe the CSR accidentally was drawn in this process too ??
    The CSR-E firmware is not in the driver, the CSR-E FW is updated by a stand-alone tool.
    Too bad!!! Thought I had the cause problem...gheghe

• Jeff, don't worry...there was a rush on V2 bases and X1 hubs..they had some delay. But now with the V3 pedals, that's the shipping date. And they might even get at your place A LITTLE sooner...cause that happened to my V3s first batch too!!
  • Jeff, don't worry...there was a rush on V2 bases and X1 hubs..they had some delay. But now with the V3 pedals, that's the shipping date. And they might even get at your place A LITTLE sooner...cause that happened to my V3s first batch too!!
    Disclaimer: he is not speaking on behalf of Fanatec.

We do everything we can to meet pre-order dates. But sometimes things out of our control push the date back. If the date changes you will be notified and given the option of waiting or canceling your order. Hope this clarifies the process for you Jeff. Thanks for choosing Fanatec!
  • Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and order. Are most folks getting a damper for the brake?
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and order. Are most folks getting a damper for the brake?
    Most folks here are. Some buy one, test it out and if they like it, order a second one for the throttle. Don't forget to give the heavy springs a go, too. You may find that they give the desired result/stiffness resistance you want without the damper.
  • > Remco Van Dijk > With the potentiometer of the old V2-pedals you had the possibilty to set the poti at e. g. 3 and prevent maximum brake force to be archivable even at full brake pull. I don't see this possibility at the V3 regardless if auto- or manual calbration is used. Ok, maybe the range of auto-calibration + BRF is too small for you and I cannot change that right now. BUT...what is the problem if you calibrate the brake pedal hard by using manual calibration? On a related note, for me the range of the brake sensitivity slider in the PC driver when connected through USB is also hardly useful. At 10, the brake resistance is in a nice and realistic region, but when moving one value to 9 it is already much more sensitive and you need to push the brake only a few cm or so to get full signal. After that, there's hardly any difference visible between the sensitivity settings, and they are all much too sensitive.
  • same with me
  • Whats the Difference between USB to PC or Plugging directly into the wheel.... They both = 1024 correct???
  • The V1 and V2 pedals were capable of 10bit ( resolution of 1096) on the PC only with the USB connection

When connected to the wheel this dropped to a max resolution of 256.

Now on the V3 pedals in both cases the resolution has increased by 4 to 12bit ( resolution of 4096 ).

Now we have 1096 at the wheel and 4096 on the PC with the USB connection.

• Hi i pre-ordered the V3 but i have a question it says in the manual that you can connect the peddles upto the wheel base and it will work on the pc and console i use mind on the pc ps4 and xbox one is it safe to have it connected to the wheel base and the pc at the same time because just having it connected to the wheel base for both the pc and consoles the peddles would have less resolution wont they.  
  • Sorry, Michael. You have to connect to one or the other. Not both.
  • Just received my pedals back form the Fanatec Service Center in La Mirada, California, USA. I have been having problems with throttle (Accelerator) dropping from 100% to 50%-25%-0% randomly. I received them plus my new Fanatec GT wheel plus Universal Hub for Xbox One. I have been using this combination since July 2015 on my PS3 playing GT6 until my new Xbox One Elite Console arrives. My new wheel seems to be working fine but with the pedals I have been having  problems with since getting them. After about a 3 week turn around of shipping them back to California and Getting them back the problem is still occurring. There was no detailed information as to what my problem was...How it was fixed...If and any software update was installed and any instructions when my returned pedals are turned on with the wheel. After playing GT6 on my PS3 5 times the problem is still happening each and every time. I am in the process of communication with Fanatec to find out the next course of action.
  • edited October 2015
    Look for FW 115... its posted earlier in this thread by Armin Habbermen....you Have to Flash your Pedals ONLY with that FW Hex File.... Loo back a Few Pages you will Find it... its the Last Pedal FW he posted.... That will Fix the Pedal Problem.

Edit: its posted on page 17
    There are 2 posted use the Last 1
  • Grimes...First after looking at the dates of the post (I Believe) I am somewhat perplexed why this FW 115 wasn't downloaded on my pedals when I sent them out to Fanatec in California. My pedals were sent long after that post. Let me understand this correctly because each time I have to get the latest download I have to call my nephew who has a windows laptop to install it for me. I use a MAC and am not running Parallels (Windows) on it. For the life of me I don't understand why these downloads are not offered for Apple Macs... Do I  first download the Fanatec Driver 64bit v226 Beta download from Fanatec then the FW 115 is a option on that download to be selected and downloaded??
  • Hi i pre-ordered the V3 but i have a question it says in the manual that you can connect the peddles upto the wheel base and it will work on the pc and console i use mind on the pc ps4 and xbox one is it safe to have it connected to the wheel base and the pc at the same time because just having it connected to the wheel base for both the pc and consoles the peddles would have less resolution wont they.  
    You can leave both PS2 and USB cables connected to the pedals, but only connect one of them at a time to either wheel or USB port. Both cables feed electrical power to the circuit board, and having both of them connected at the same time may result in damaging the electronics.
    edited October 2015
    Grimes...First after looking at the dates of the post (I Believe) I am somewhat perplexed why this FW 115 wasn't downloaded on my pedals when I sent them out to Fanatec in California. My pedals were sent long after that post. Let me understand this correctly because each time I have to get the latest download I have to call my nephew who has a windows laptop to install it for me. I use a MAC and am not running Parallels (Windows) on it. For the life of me I don't understand why these downloads are not offered for Apple Macs... Do I  first download the Fanatec Driver 64bit v226 Beta download from Fanatec then the FW 115 is a option on that download to be selected and downloaded??
    Tom, see if this is of any help. I have the same problem. Base and hub are on their way back to me. Should be here tomorrow. Support sent me this. PS, make sure you are plugged in to the pedals port, not the data port. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8plev4lhru7i76/RM15.00860.MOV?dl=0 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Grimes...First after looking at the dates of the post (I Believe) I am somewhat perplexed why this FW 115 wasn't downloaded on my pedals when I sent them out to Fanatec in California. My pedals were sent long after that post. Let me understand this correctly because each time I have to get the latest download I have to call my nephew who has a windows laptop to install it for me. I use a MAC and am not running Parallels (Windows) on it. For the life of me I don't understand why these downloads are not offered for Apple Macs... Do I  first download the Fanatec Driver 64bit v226 Beta download from Fanatec then the FW 115 is a option on that download to be selected and downloaded??
    Tom I am on Mac as well and feel your pain. I have Parallels installed and the only thing you can update successfully is the pedals connected via USB. The base unfortunately is not recognized. Wish they would develop a Mac updater to make life easy.
    I also have to call a friend everytime to use his laptop.
  • Just received my pedals back form the Fanatec Service Center in La Mirada, California, USA. I have been having problems with throttle (Accelerator) dropping from 100% to 50%-25%-0% randomly. I received them plus my new Fanatec GT wheel plus Universal Hub for Xbox One. I have been using this combination since July 2015 on my PS3 playing GT6 until my new Xbox One Elite Console arrives. My new wheel seems to be working fine but with the pedals I have been having  problems with since getting them. After about a 3 week turn around of shipping them back to California and Getting them back the problem is still occurring. There was no detailed information as to what my problem was...How it was fixed...If and any software update was installed and any instructions when my returned pedals are turned on with the wheel. After playing GT6 on my PS3 5 times the problem is still happening each and every time. I am in the process of communication with Fanatec to find out the next course of action.
    Tom, also read through this complete topic...there's various valuable information about the V3 pedals, Luke adding Dry Lube to the brake PU foam, updating etc !

• Grimes...First after looking at the dates of the post (I Believe) I am somewhat perplexed why this FW 115 wasn't downloaded on my pedals when I sent them out to Fanatec in California. My pedals were sent long after that post. Let me understand this correctly because each time I have to get the latest download I have to call my nephew who has a windows laptop to install it for me. I use a MAC and am not running Parallels (Windows) on it. For the life of me I don't understand why these downloads are not offered for Apple Macs... Do I  first download the Fanatec Driver 64bit v226 Beta download from Fanatec then the FW 115 is a option on that download to be selected and downloaded??
    Tom, see if this is of any help. I have the same problem. Base and hub are on their way back to me. Should be here tomorrow. Support sent me this. PS, make sure you are plugged in to the pedals port, not the data port. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8plev4lhru7i76/RM15.00860.MOV?dl=0 
    Thanks Everyone...

Trevor
    I hit the Dropbox link but all I seen was a video with no commentary.

• Trevor
    I hit the Dropbox link but all I seen was a video with no commentary.

Yep, Tom. No commentary. The video was meant to demonstrate that the pedals, wheel and hub firmwares loaded and were recognized by the PC in the Firmware Property Page once connected. I had the issue with the base being recognized, but once the hub was connected, I could not get into PC mode since none of the buttons worked. Just like you. But as you can see in the video, the buttons do work once put into PC mode ("View" plus "Y" buttons). Then turn off and it will launch in Xbox mode. Anyway, It would appear they work now. I still have not got the hardware back to confirm, but I will let everyone know once I get connected again.

edited October 2015
    By the way, I just heard from support about my issue with the "always on handbrake" in Xbox 360 and Forza 4 with the V3 pedals. They confirmed there is an issue with the pedals FW. They will post a new FW once the devs sort it out. I posted the story on the 222 discussion. :-) 
  • Jeff SchaakJeff Schaak Member
    edited October 2015
    Got a question about ordering a set of V3 pedals. I have a set of V1 pedals and am looking to upgraded then sell these. Currently the website shows they are available for pre-order, with a October 30th date. I assume this is The date they expect the next batch to arrive and be available to ship, and the quantity arriving is more than orders taken, so if I order now I can expect them to ship shortly after that date?
    P
    I haven't had experience with Fanatec pre-orders.I don't want to place an order, then find out in 3 weeks there wasn't enough stock to fullfil my order and have to wait until through the next pre-order round for more stock, which looks like a multiple month time frame.

Thanks
    Well I guess I will quote myself.....just got notice that my V3 order has been pushed back until Nov 17th. Hopefully this is a firm date.
  • Too bad Jeff, but it's well worth the wait!
  • Grimey, I need some info to make sure I don't jump to conclusions.
    Try PCars on both consoles please. And let me know if you've lost the rumble BRAKE in X1 PCars and lost rumble throttle in PS4 version. I wanna know if it's post patch 5 or 'my' firmware related
  • I will Let you know...
  • Grimey, I need some info to make sure I don't jump to conclusions.
    Try PCars on both consoles please. And let me know if you've lost the rumble BRAKE in X1 PCars and lost rumble throttle in PS4 version. I wanna know if it's post patch 5 or 'my' firmware related
    Throttle Rumble works for PS4 but seems Less than before...I haven't tried XB1 yet.

• Anyone else have this problem with the brake? There's is a bunch of grease on the shaft now. This is only a few hours of use and the brake pedal feels a little notchy towards the end of the travel and when I set minimum on my PC it still jumps around a little.
    I do. Grease on the shaft and more grease on the bottom plate.
    Also a (very faint) metallic click when pushing the brake. Was not like that the first hours...