Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Anyone else have this problem with the brake? There's is a bunch of grease on the shaft now. This is only a few hours of use and the brake pedal feels a little notchy towards the end of the travel and when I set minimum on my PC it still jumps around a little.
    I do. Grease on the shaft and more grease on the bottom plate.
    Also a (very faint) metallic click when pushing the brake. Was not like that the first hours...

Guys, go to page 13 of this discussion. Grimey Dog and others have been discussing this for some time now. Grimey has suggested using dry Teflon lube on the PU (polyurethane foam) to eliminate the problems you describe. Others have tried it and it seems to have worked for them. There is good info on that page, including a helpful video. Check it out.
  • Got a question about ordering a set of V3 pedals. I have a set of V1 pedals and am looking to upgraded then sell these. Currently the website shows they are available for pre-order, with a October 30th date. I assume this is The date they expect the next batch to arrive and be available to ship, and the quantity arriving is more than orders taken, so if I order now I can expect them to ship shortly after that date?
    P
    I haven't had experience with Fanatec pre-orders.I don't want to place an order, then find out in 3 weeks there wasn't enough stock to fullfil my order and have to wait until through the next pre-order round for more stock, which looks like a multiple month time frame.

Thanks
    Well I guess I will quote myself.....just got notice that my V3 order has been pushed back until Nov 17th. Hopefully this is a firm date.
    I too got a email saying it was being pushed back to Nov 17, sad thing for me I have to wait for the v3's to get in before they send my v2 base and the rest of my 1500 dollar order. I feel your pain lol
  • Doe's any 1 know what this screw on the side of the brake housing is??? has any 1 taken it out for any reason??? there is one on each side i was hoping its a place to put lube into the pedals... ive never taken the screws out... thought id ask maybe some one knows.
  • Doe's any 1 know what this screw on the side of the brake housing is??? has any 1 taken it out for any reason??? there is one on each side i was hoping its a place to put lube into the pedals... ive never taken the screws out... thought id ask maybe some one knows.
    That looks like a set screw. Maybe to secure a cylinder inside the housing.
  • Grimes...First after looking at the dates of the post (I Believe) I am somewhat perplexed why this FW 115 wasn't downloaded on my pedals when I sent them out to Fanatec in California. My pedals were sent long after that post. Let me understand this correctly because each time I have to get the latest download I have to call my nephew who has a windows laptop to install it for me. I use a MAC and am not running Parallels (Windows) on it. For the life of me I don't understand why these downloads are not offered for Apple Macs... Do I  first download the Fanatec Driver 64bit v226 Beta download from Fanatec then the FW 115 is a option on that download to be selected and downloaded??
    Tom, see if this is of any help. I have the same problem. Base and hub are on their way back to me. Should be here tomorrow. Support sent me this. PS, make sure you are plugged in to the pedals port, not the data port. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8plev4lhru7i76/RM15.00860.MOV?dl=0 
    Thanks Everyone...

Trevor
    I hit the Dropbox link but all I seen was a video with no commentary.

Just got off the phone with Fanatec in California...After receiving my V3 Pedals, which the FW1.15 was installed while at Fanatec Customer Support in California, first time out on my PS3 running GT6 the accelerator issue still remains (Dropping from 100% to 50-25%). They are sending me something out to be installed on my pedals...The Excruciating Saga Continues.
  • Do you guys know if these pedals can be reverse mounted, inverted like the V2?
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2015

@ Yegor.I have the inversion kit for the CSR-Elite pedals and they don't fit V3. And I did not see an inversion kit on the V3 Accessories Product home page.
  • Did the V2's have the possibility to be inverted ?
    I thought only the Elites could ?
  • I apologize for the confusion. What I want to understand is if it possible to swap the accelerator and clutch pedals and mount the base upside down, similar to what I did on my current V1 pedals. Please see the photo below.

• I apologize for the confusion. What I want to understand is if it possible to swap the accelerator and clutch pedals and mount the base upside down, similar to what I did on my current V1 pedals. Please see the photo below.

In principle you can, but since the throttle and clutch pedals are physically very different, you'll have to swap them around completely, and not just swap the footplates.
  • edited November 2015
    Seems like It can be Done But you will Have to Take the Pedals apart and Swap all the Gas and Clucth Pedal parts from left to Right... Its Not as Simple as Swapping the Hall Sensors like on the V1 pedals.... I think with Know How, Time and Patience it can be Done.

• Good to know, thank you guys! I also emailed Fanatec hoping to receive an answer from them.
  • thought about doing that myself, tough part would be building the mount. But it seems you have that covered.

• Nice rig Yegor, can you post a full picture of it please ?
  • Thank you Antoine! Here is link to the whole story and photo collection.

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited November 2015

proof that true craftsmen still exist..  Wow.

PS. the damper kits add 3 to 5 centimeters to the rear of the pedals.   

• not sure of your clearances, so this photo may better explain the Ps from before, as you can see the a construction is basically the same as the V2 pedals
    003.JPG 926.2K
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Wow Yegor! Beautiful setup my friend. Looks like something straight out of Tron ;)
  • not sure of your clearances, so this photo may better explain the Ps from before, as you can see the a construction is basically the same as the V2 pedals
    Perfect! I have enough space for that. Thank you for compliments guys! I am glad you liked it :)
  • I just scanned through Yegor's project narrative and pictures. All I can say is what a stunning great job.
    Thanks for sharing your project, Yegor.
  • Can't add much to all the comments already given in the GT planet topic. Except...speechless... $-)
  • Thank you very much guys, it was a fun project.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2015
    Quick update. I heard back from support about my issue with the "handbrake always on" and the "joy stick not working" issues when using my V3 pedals and my CSR-E on the Xbox 360 and when in a game. I won't have a chance to test the new FW patch (new .hex file), since I have all my kit disassembled for my move to a new house. But am looking forward to checking it out. Should be around the 2nd week of December before I get settled enough to hook stuff back up for a test. Will post here as soon as I am able. 
    Thanks, Fanatec, for sticking with me and this issue.
  • FYI, public firmware beta testing for the CSP v3 has gone live: http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/179/csp-v3-firmware-1v22-beta-nov-2015
  • Thnx Remco

• edited November 2015
    Good evening,

Do we have an updated on the dispatch date of CSP v3? It was forecasted for the 13th but I haven't got any update or confirmation on this.

Thanks

Sorry, I have the information in my bix. Thank you for the information.
  • Hello. I know this may seem like a newby question and I am likely missing something simple as the Fanatec product page for the Clubsport Pedals V3 says they are compatible with all Fanatec wheels, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to connect the Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 wheel to the new CS V3 pedals. 

The CS V3 pedal manual says to use the RJ12 port to attach the pedals to the wheel as the pedals have one RJ12 and one USB port. However, the 911 GT2 wheel has one USB port (for attaching to the PS3) and three PS/2 ports, but no RJ12 port (and the brakes have no PS/2 ports). 

Looked online but have not found anyone with this problem... What am I missing!?!

• Ronnie DrakeRonnie Drake Member
    edited November 2015
    > Antoine Goossens > You'll need this one Ronnie. 

Yes, that makes sense. To bad Fanatec doesn't make that clear on their CSPedals V3 page. Could have saved me some time! Thank you Antoine! 
  • Hi,

i opened my V3 Pedals today and when I push the Brake theres a loud clicking noise. It doesnt clikock when i push the brake REAL slow. After that I have installed the damper.
    The Clicking accured before installing the damper. I have now spend over an hour reading this thread :-)

Anyone has an idea whats wrong ? I have also contacted support already.

thx alot guys