Fanatec Beta Driver V361 (now V365) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• edited May 2020

Hi. After updating to latest Driver & Firmware today only the B- and X-Buttons on my Club Sport Universal Hub are working. The other buttons won't show any respond. The hotkeys on the top works a usual. My Mc Laren Wheel is working fine. Both are mounted on a CSW V2

EDIT: Looks like I found an aswer on page 11. Okay it would be nice if you can fix it asap. New FW feels nice.

• It's also listed on page one.

Already fixed for the next firmware ;)

• What motor FW version is included in this for CSW 2.5? Was the notchy issue ever resolved? I am still on v18 motor FW because of that problem, and am currently living with the high pitched noise that FW version suffers from.

Thanks

• DD1 Much more smoother , now Reduced Jolting by 95% Thank you, bout Time , So Lazy and Slow your company. Cheers.

• 365 driver+firmware installed on my dd2, so far GREAT

• v22, so if you had the notchy issue it's still there.

• It works fine here on DiRT Rally 2.0.

• Hi. I am still using 347 with my CSW 2.5 and my english is far from perfect: what do you call "notchy", I don't understand the word in that context.

• Good morning,

I come here with new information after the first freeze of the DD2 base using the 365 firmware. 

Does anyone feel like the FFB has totally change after the base shut down?

Not quite sure how can I describe it but now the base feels like there is some kind of dead zone or the total strength has been lowered down.

Timeline has been like this:

Sunday -> Wheelbase froze for the first time 

- No more simracing after that

Monday -> Same car, same track (IMSA with 911RSR @ Road Atlanta)

FFB feels totally different and after I have checked the profile just in case it has changed, I have no clue why.

Maybe I will rollback to the previous version to test if I can recover the full strength of the FFB.

Best,

Miguel / Nikos

• As stated in the release notes - it has been fixed. CSW feels good now.

• Well, no. He is talking about a Motor FW issue and they didn't release a new Motor FW...

• Search "notchy" in forum, you will find everything.

• Hi im Adrian Sprenger

This new 365 driver its a huge improvement all things are fine now ..my feeling is that DRI settings are a bit stronger,but that is not bad.

The only issue is in Iracing with pedal vibration activated and BLI off we get the ingame vibration but it turns off the Wheel REV vibration!

With BLI settings ON and Iracing pedal off all things work fine and we get all REV/brake vibrations ..and maybe placebo but for me it feels even better with new 365.

thanks.

fanalab 1.23

CSW 2.5

F1 esports wheel

Pc Driver 365

WB 672

WBMF 22

• Podium wheel base DD2 (KL13900257)

Formula V2 (HX10900478)

Updated from

driver 345

Wheelbase firmware 656

Motor firmware 30

Steering wheel firmware 28

Updated to

Driver 365

Wheelbase firmware 672

Motor firmware 38

So far best FFB I have experienced on the base but only tested for about 45 mins so not tryed al settings . Update seemed to go okay as far as i can tell . The only issue at this moment is that the V2 and wheel base will become unresponsive if i leave the main Fanatec on the base and attempt to enter the tuning menu. This happens whilst testing in Rfactor 2.

I had no other freeze issues if left on Fanatec logo whilst in the game. Pleased with the update so far apart from obvious freeze issue and will test my Mclaren rim in coming days .

• Also forgot to add above i also updated the V2 to when prompted cant recall that firmware version but latest one within the 365 driver .

Thanks again hope this helps towards future fixes.

• Upgraded from 356 to 365. DD2 + GT3R Podium Wheel/Button Box. Initial upgrade failed to launch the configuration. Tried different USB ports and restarting multiple times (both computer and base) but when you would click "properties" it would pop up saying "Initializing ..." and then stop/crash before actually launching the configuration menu. I then tried the "Repair" option on the driver installer, restarted, and it worked and upgraded without issue.

I run set 5 lap races in set cars/tracks with no issues and have been recording "clunks" and "snatches" per race. Not scientific but better than nothing. I actually stopped running RaceRoom as I had a few snatches down the straight away into full 180 locks on the steering wheel that practically broke my thumbs off. For safety I started driving with thumbs out of the steering wheel in the past few days.

Last Night Driver 356, Base Unit in Fanatec Logo Screen, Podium BB on ITM Page 1:

Assetto Corsa, Daytona 2017, Porsche RSR 2018 - 5 Lap Race: 2 clunks, 0 snatches.

RaceRoom, Daytona, Porsche 911 RSR 2019, 10 Minute Race, 7 Min Quali: 5 Clunks, 2 snatches, 1 thumb breaker.

Today Driver 365, Base Unit in Fanatec Logo Screen, Podium BB on ITM Page 1:

Assetto Corsa, Daytona 2017, Porsche RSR 2018 - 5 Lap Race: 0 clunks, 0 snatches.

RaceRoom, Daytona, Porsche 911 RSR 2019, 10 Minute Race, 7 Min Quali: 0 Clunks, 0 snatches.

This is far from definitive but my unit doesn't appear to be clunking anymore and the snatches in RaceRoom are so far not occurring. No setting in game, or on the profiles (using Fanatec recommended presets) have been changed. Only variable in the testing was the drivers.

Ohhh and it feels freaking amazing. Will report back if I have any other snatches and after more games are tested.

• I am currently impressed with the new Beta-Driver. The weird high-pitched noise when turning the wheel is gone, but lets 'see' if the issue is gone when it's a week later. The Feedback seems to be better too. I am happy.

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): F1 Black & Porsche Rim
    • Driver Version: 365
    • Base FW Version: 672
    • Motor FW Version: 22

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): DD2
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): GT3R Podium & Endurance Button Module
    • Driver Version: 365
    • Base FW Version: 672
    • Motor FW Version: 38
    • Steering Wheel FW: 11
    • Podium Hub FW: 2

I had one random freeze tonight in ACC but other than that 3 hours of problem free driving. Not a single clunk or jerk. But that being said I now can't switch into 2.5CM with the button module two button hold method? Is there some other way to switch this function? Wanted to try it in Dirt2.0 but it needs 2.5CM?

• Only the buttons next to the little display on my Universal Hub is working since i updated the firmware (driver 365) just so you know.

I use a Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 with a ClubSport Steering Wheel GT Forza Motorsport.

:-)

• The SERVICE SUCKS HERE BRO

• How about a reply on an email. Or a descent phone number when your products fail?

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

Try the upper right button marked in yellow, thats how it worked for me. I need to verify how it was intended to see if the documentation needs to be updated or the button changed again.

Besides that DR2.0 should work in PC mode, just tried it.

• The new 365 Driver improved the feel on my CSW 2.5 / Formula V2 a lot. AC1 feels much more detailed as far as I can tell. And I like that settings like DRI and FFB EFF INT now come first in the tuning menu, as these are the ones I change the most. I appreciate the update, FANATEC!

• Which universal hub is this in reference to? The older one, or the newer Xbox compatible one?

ClubSport Universal Hub issues:

• Only X and B buttons work the rest is not send.

• ☹️

Thanks. I'll hold off for now. Looking forward to seeing the improvements for the CSW V2.5.

Any timeline for the next update?

• good. After a few days testing the 365 controller I have not had any freezing. but if I notice much more the shaking. they are constant in iracing. to not appreciate it I have to download FEI. but I have to lower it so much that the details are very slight and I like to feel the details. Another thing that I have noticed is that to feel good the details are related to the FFB. I mean..the more FFB increase the more details I perceive. but also much more hardness and I don't like that. There is some configuration where you can have aggressive details but not a rock-hard direction. Thank you

DD1 PS4

Driver 365

Fw 672

Motor 38

This discussion has been closed.