Fanatec Beta Driver V361 (now V365) for CSL, CSW and Podium Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• what post is that? I’ve not seen any post from anyone from Fanatec for a while.

• I would be curious to know where that was posted too.

• stable direct drive system ? Looks like for me I will be going in a different direction with my purchase. looking at the Simucube 2 Pro, Ascher Racing B16M-SC Button box and Sparco 360L

Read this topic:

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited May 2020

New Driver 365 to replace 361:

Driver Changelog since 361  

Firmware didn't change, please check first post of this discussion for complete overview of firmware changes and the known issues. 

• Fix for incorrectly showing inputs of the BME.  
    • Fixed old CSL E WB showing FW V1 (forcing firmware update). 
    • Bug fixed missing Gear 2 & 3 when rotary encoder is set in Mouse Emulation.  
    • Bug fixed BME firmware version showing zero and APM missing.  
    • Fixed missing encoder/funky switch display when using UH and UHX in Control Panel.  
    • Fixed incorrect SW version, APM and metal QR in Control Panel.
    • Fixed Pedal Buttons Missing in Control Panel.
    • Bug fixed "WB FW" showing no values in Control Panel.  
    • Bug fixed incorrect checking of firmware update for CSW V1.  
    • Bug fixed inconsistent SEN AUTO when P DD in COMP mode.  
    • Fixed missing buttons for Pedals in Control Panel.  

Important Information 

• Hint: You should leave the DD screen on the default one with the big “FANATEC” logo as other screens, especially the analysis screens with graphs can reduce FFB quality and cause additional jolts. We are working on this. 
    • DD Power off knock: Will be fixed in the next release. The issue won't cause any damage though, no reason for concerns.  
    • DD Jolts: We had some important findings and internal testers report positive improvements, still we need further testing and fixing until we are satisfied. Please contact me directly via personal message if you have big issues with this to try out some of the internal test exports.  
    • DD and Wheel Freezes: This is our main task before releasing a new version, please contact me directly via personal message if you experience freezes. We need as detailed information as we can get. 
    • ITM pages 2-5 on BME are still disabled because there where stability issues when changing pages. This should be solved for the next release, then all pages will be available as on the DD display.  
    • Button Module Endurance not yet compatible with the CSW V2.5 or others. Please write me a personal message if you have a CSW V2.5 and bought a Button Module Endurance.

How to report issues:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.
    2. Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
    3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
    4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
    5. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
    • Driver Version: ....
    • Base FW Version: ....
    • Wheel FW Version: ....
    • FanaLab Version: ...

• is this driver good for CSL elite ps4 version or stay at 346 ?

thanks

It will work about the same as in 346 as the main changes of driver and firmware lately where related to the DD and BME

• "DD and Wheel Freezes: This is our main task before releasing a new version, please contact me directly via personal message if you experience freezes. We need as detailed information as we can get."

This means that there is nothing in that driver that even might have fixed that problem?

So if I have that issue, i better stay on 347?

• edited May 2020

No, if you don't want to use this driver because of potential freezes then please stay with 346. Driver 347 is NOT a DD driver as it was rejected because of too many complains about bad FFB.

• yeah i meant 346 then... just confused with all that versions out there now ...

any chance that you can tell us how long it takes until the new release?

• Could you list what versions we should see after installing? How can you have a v365 yet nothing changed firmware? Again, a table with all the releases matched to the products shouldn't be difficult.

You really should be updating your documentation with the correct versions if including a pdf with it.

i would love to but the remaining issues are very hard to reproduce so both finding the root cause is incredibly difficult but then verifying its success is as well. I get a lot of feedback from people where even weeks are in between freezes, so if you have very frequent freezes, please get in contact with me directly so we can have a quick and clear exchange between information and trying out different possible solutions.

You are right I could have added version numbers, but the first post is at the text limit length, I'll add it here. Version 365 has the same firmware as 361 because all changes happened in the driver UI.

Firmware included:

- CSW V1 Base : CSW_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- CSW V2 Base : CSW_V2_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- CSW V2.5 Base: CSW_V2_5_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- CSL E Base : CSL_E_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- CSL E Base PS4: CSL_E_PS4_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- P DD Base : PDW_DD_Base_V672_rev1872_app

- CSL/CSW Motor: CSLEWBPS4_CSWBV2.5_EBLDC_V22_rev335_app

- DD1 Motor: PWBDD1_EBLDC_V38_rev448_app

- DD2 Motor : PWBDD2_EBLDC_V38_rev448_app

- McLaren : RMcL_V31_rev46_app

- Formula V2 : RFORMv2_V34_rev154_app

- P Hub : SW_P_Hub_V2_rev128_app

- P BME : UH_BPE_V11_rev107_app

• please read again, you can contact Marcel to get a firmware for a CSW.

• edited May 2020

Don’t want to jump into the hate train, but I also had thought about selling it and going to sc or vrs. Podium pedals, shifter, podium replica f1 wheel, no news, no image, no communication. Just got some heusinkveld pedals, probably cube control wheel soon also. Imagine a f1 replica with the big screen and all the software problems. I think im steering away slowly from fanatec. At least some info or early prototypes of products would help me but well.

still love you guys, take care

edit : plus que clubsport QR that is imo not supposed to be on the podium bases

• Please pardon me if I missed it, but does this version fix the issue of the blinking lights and missed shifts of the P1 rim on the PS4 DD1?

• Thanks for the info Maurice.

Keith

• Hi :)

I have a Podium Racing Wheel F1 (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/podium-racing-wheel-f1).

Should I update the driver to this 365 version?

• Read the Changelog and judge for yourself... ^^

• If you are content with the way your wheelbase and rim are operating right now, leave it alone. If not, go ahead and update. Right now, for me, it doesn't address the P1 rim, I only play GT Sport and I'm not having any problems. When they get the P1 rim addressed and fixed, I will update at that time.

So again, if you aren't having major issues, I would leave it alone.

Keith.

• Currently running:

Driver 347 & Fanalab 1.12

CSW 2.5 - FW 664 w/ Motor FW 20

Formula V2 - FW 28

CS v3i Pedals

I would like to be able to update to the latest build of Fanalab and have the Formula v2 LEDs work w/out the delay issues, but have been holding out due to the drift issue on CSW2.5

So, regarding the "Fixed CSW Drift mode acting like -5 on all settings" improvement: Is it required to update both the driver and wheel base FW in order for this fix to apply? Or can I just update the driver and Fanalab to resolve the LED delay issue and leave my wheelbase firmware in place to better isolate issues that may or may not arise?

• edited May 2020

Currently running:

New driver 365 & Fanalab 1.24

DD2 ID - S/N:KL25900737

DD2 - WB FW 672

WB MFW 38

UHX - R300 (PC) + APM

UHX ID - S/N:VX22900558

CSP V3

After updating the new driver (365), some UHX buttons are not recognized. APM everything being recognized.

What do I do???

• this issue is mentioned on first page

ClubSport Universal Hub issues:

Only X and B buttons work the rest is not send.

• Thank you.

I downgraded to the old driver (356) and it didn't work, the problem now persists.

What to do?

• Did you downgraded dd firmware also?

• How do I do that? 👇️

Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue. Most likely it will be driver OR firmware.

• edited May 2020

Currently running:

New driver 365 & Fanalab 1.24

DD2 ID - S/N:KL25900737

DD2 - WB FW 672

WB MFW 38

UHX - R300 (PC) + APM

UHX ID - S/N:VX22900558

After updating the new driver (365) and wheel base firmware (672), some UHX buttons are not recognized. APM everything being recognized.

1st attempt : driver (356) and wheel base firmware (672), the problem still persists.

2st attempt: driver (365) and wheel base firmware (670), everything works perfectly.

•  

Where do I find this? 👇️

- Motor DD2: PWBDD2_EBLDC_V38_rev448_app

-EBLC_V38_rev488_app???

This discussion has been closed.