Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• @Matt, I don't have any issue racing with my Fanatec gear on PS3 and GT6. I use the Logitech G27 profile. And although the X1 hub and CSL were created with M$ lisence...it's still hell to use the headset with the wheels and you have to sign in again when starting up a game, because the wheelS aren't seen as devices !

@Alexander I got a controller cover, so I've never seen that light and didn't know about that feature either...lol.
    Well...to your post referring to: TX has that feature...all Thrustmaster wheels need to be updated by a pc too...so I don't think there's another way to do it. And I also think it's really needed to actually see if the wheel and pedals work correctly.
  • Hey Thomas any idea of when the wheel will ship. I ordered it yesterday before 2pm cst and have yet to get a tracking number and I ordered it for two day shipping? 
  • Damn, rev lights don't work in FM6 and PCars on X1 either. I guess it's not supported by the game ?
  • sorry, when the black friday offer will be available?
    I am also interested to know if the Black Friday deal is available now or if I have to wait til Nov 27th
    Same here, the only way I'm buyin' is if there is a sale.
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited November 2015
    I get more feel in what the car does when using a controller than any wheel. 
    Is that suppose to be a joke? Don't get me wrong, the haptic feedback in the gamepad is great and all, but you've got to be joking..

Also, turn your wheel's FFB to auto, anything else causes clipping b-( (that emote was the closest thing i could find to a facepalm)
  • No joke Dillon. I just ejected that auto FFB off of my base settings. Because I feel like it kills a lot of the feel.
    But, I'm willing to give it a try again if you can tell me what value you've got the in game vibrations and ffb set to in FM6 ?
  • I think i've got my in-game settings to 100. 
  • Did just that now. But in ffb the wheel feel too loose to my licking, and not enough vibrations and so on when over curbs etc.
    When setting wheel FFB to 40 and in game vibrations to 35 and ffb to 55 it's close to the feel I like...but kills car feel
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Antoine try these FM6 settings

FM6 FFB - 100
    FM6 VIB - 60

CSW FFB - 25
    CSW SHO -40

Make sure you set steering in Forza to Normal (gives you close to 900 DoR) Simulation is like a drift mode.
  • Will try tomorrow or so J. And I do Normal steering. Thanx mate
  • Thomas,

I am ready to make my purchase of the new wheel and V2 base.  I am going to wait for the Black Friday deal.  Is this actually on Black Friday?  Or can I make the purchase now and have the discount applied?
  • There is an error in the description. We will change that tomorrow
    You should also fix your english Quick Guide as right at the beginning you refer to your company as "Fatatec".

I see that it's been corrected now.  You're welcome...
  • Damn, rev lights don't work in FM6 and PCars on X1 either. I guess it's not supported by the game ?
    I think so, it's basically a new piece of hardware that needs to be added to the game's database. Maybe even to the Fanatec SDK still that is used by the game devs.
  • Let's hope the game devs are willing to patch the gear# and rev lights lit up soon. Cause it really helps changing gears in time. Cause you'll see it light up unwillingly when looking at your monitor or tv screen. Noticed that once again when changing from hub to csl.
  • Is this the only Black Friday deal that is comming? Maybe a good deal with the CSW V2 in combination with other wheel(s)?
  • I would prefer a wheel combo pack like last year for Black Friday cause my v2 is screaming for a wheel. Will get the P1 if there is nothing better to choose. Would prefer a wheel with Alcantara, but not a huge fan of the hub :(
  • @Antoine try these FM6 settings

FM6 FFB - 100
    FM6 VIB - 60

CSW FFB - 25
    CSW SHO -40

Make sure you set steering in Forza to Normal (gives you close to 900 DoR) Simulation is like a drift mode.
    I got your values together with the new CSL P1 wheel tested, i am enthusiastic, thank you
    I think it is not the game developers fault. The Force Feedback protocol on Xbox One is unfortunately very limited :(
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    @Antoine try these FM6 settings

FM6 FFB - 100
    FM6 VIB - 60

CSW FFB - 25
    CSW SHO -40

I got your values together with the new CSL P1 wheel tested, i am enthusiastic, thank you
    Great Sebastian. with the newest firmware I have these other settings below

ABS -40 (now, the lower you set it, the sooner rumble kicks in)
    Lin/Dri/Dead - 0
    BrF - 40

• edited November 2015
    Damn, rev lights don't work in FM6 and PCars on X1 either. I guess it's not supported by the game ?
    I think it is not the game developers fault. The Force Feedback protocol on Xbox One is unfortunately very limited :(
    I don't think/hope that the rev lights and gear# have anything to do with the X1 FFB limitations ? But I don't like it either in FM6 the wheel spring is way to strong, but if you turn down the wheel FFB, the wheel gets too loose and kills other FFB feel.
    And PCars...I can't even get close to the sweet feel I have on my PS4 version.

I don't think/hope that the rev lights and gear# have anything to do with the X1 FFB limitations ?

Unfortunately, I think so, also Fanatec wrote me that on Facebook.
    And with Project CARS on the PS4 and PC, the display works fine, also the vibrations in the accelerator pedal. Only on Xbox, we are unfortunately currently disadvantaged
  • edited November 2015
    Oh well, lucky for me I've got a PS4 too and I'm buying loose pc components bit by bit now to assemble a gaming pc at the moment...so I've got things covered ;)

I had such high hopes of the X1 a couple years ago after the great 360. But with current gen it's the other way around. Last gen the PS3 was a totall let down and current gen X1. Imo.
  • I just got my wheel and testing it out. So far i think the ffb in FM6 is great. I have to get used to it being smaller because i am used to driving with the BMW GT wheel but so far i am pretty impressed considering the cost of the wheel.
  • Unfortunately, I think I will pass on this. The lack of any info surrounding FULL compatibility with PS4, coupled with the mixed reports of weak/strange FFB with FM6 mean its too big a gamble. I think by now, if Evo Studios had any interest in making Fanatec products compatible with Driveclub they would have done it. The fact that they haven't (and don't forget the game has been out for a few months now, and has been patched and updated several times) leads me to believe they probably won't.

Maybe if the CSL base is priced attractively then it may be worth a punt, but until then-I'm out!

If, by some miracle, Polyphony decide to play ball with GT Sport/GT7 then I may jump back in. Black Friday 2016, anyone??

• @ Robert i am not saying this to change your mind but so far the ffb experience that i am having with FM6 is on par with the ffb i experience in p cars. I waited and didnt get the Uni Hub because of all the bugs and things with the XB1. I haven't tried it out with my ps4 yet but once i set the wheel up and then set the rotation to 900 degrees in the game and adjusted the ffb settings it feels absolutely incredible. I don't know what the complaint is to ffb honestly
  • edited November 2015
    If you feel the FFB in FM4, and difference in FFB in PCars between X1 and PS4....huge. M$ really F-ed up the FFB by renewing the protocol due to the X1 controller !
  • @ Antoine Goossens I don't agree and I have all of them. On this new wheel the FFB is great and IMO better than FM4. I can't speak for the Universal Hub because i don't own one but with the new wheel its great. I don't know maybe its in the settings of the Hub and how you guys set it up. Again i Just got the p1 wheel this morning and i updated the firmware in my V2 base then tweaked the wheel settings and in game FFB and wallah its on par with P - Cars and other games i have experienced and i really like a high ffb heavy wheel feel. Again i don't know what the hubs are like but this new wheel is insane and thats in a good way. Thanks Thomas for doing more with less. I paid less and got a better experience
  • Hi Julian, the uni-hub was never an option for me either-it just looks ridiculously over engineered, not to mention very expensive for something which I'd only use for a quick blast when time allows. I was hoping for a cheaper, more practical set up and hoped this would be it. As I mentioned, PS4 compatibility is a big deciding factor. Future proofing these wheels is a big deal for a lot of folk (and it is one of the headline features in the product description), but there seems little point having a particular device fully compatible with all consoles if not all the big hitters are prepared to support them.

Until the CSL base arrives (and I re-evaluate my opinion), I'll stick with my trusted CSR, Clubsport V1's, and enjoy GT6, FM4 (and 3!).

Good luck with your set up, if I really have to play FM6 with a wheel, I'll probably look at getting a G920 to tide me over until a more suitable option tempts me.

• Hi Julian, the uni-hub was never an option for me either-it just looks ridiculously over engineered, not to mention very expensive for something which I'd only use for a quick blast when time allows. I was hoping for a cheaper, more practical set up and hoped this would be it. As I mentioned, PS4 compatibility is a big deciding factor. Future proofing these wheels is a big deal for a lot of folk (and it is one of the headline features in the product description), but there seems little point having a particular device fully compatible with all consoles if not all the big hitters are prepared to support them.

Until the CSL base arrives (and I re-evaluate my opinion), I'll stick with my trusted CSR, Clubsport V1's, and enjoy GT6, FM4 (and 3!).

Good luck with your set up, if I really have to play FM6 with a wheel, I'll probably look at getting a G920 to tide me over until a more suitable option tempts me.

I understand and again i also have the csr and pwts for my 360 and ps3 as well as the bmw gt rim for p cars on ps4. I was really trying to wait till they made a plug and play for xb1 and i agree the uni hub was way to much money for the amount of bugs and engineering issues with it. ie buttons not working right with xb1. With this wheel everything works and like i said the ffb is great imo. Now i have only played fm6 with it so far and will post my findings on forza Horizon 2 and the others later as well as what it feels like on ps4
  • A Little feedback to the CSL P1 wheel ;)

First, you feel instantly the lower weight compared to my Universal HUB with GT-Wheel. The steering wheel of the CSL P1 is thinner than the with Alcantara covered GT-Wheel. But it is very grippy and not slippery in the hand. When switching from gear to gear, there is no audible click, but when i'm driving there are no problems with that. It feels maybe a little less elegant. But it's also very cheap with 150,-€. The way to shift the gear is also shorter than at the Universal HUB. If you put both products side by side, you can see directly which is the more expensive product. The CSL P1 is in contrast to the Universal HUB with GT-Wheel rather like a toy.

Because of the smaller diameter you can turn in at a curve faster, what definitely is an advantage. The transfer of the FFB effects in Forza 6 is something more direct due to the lower weight. You can feel that FFB-Effects from the V2 Base are a little more crisp when you play. The difference is not huge compared with the Universal HUB with GT steering wheel but it definitely exists. What more striking is, is that everything is slightly quieter when driving. The heavy Universal HUB makes much louder noise by vibration, what could be due also to my seat. I use the Fanatec CSL Seat.

I hope my english was good enough. It is a little bit difficult for me to explain that in english.  ;)