Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Matt, I loved my pwts, and expect you'll love your new wheel. I got xb1 for forza and will likely get a ps4 for Gt7. I'm still considering this bundle, surely ps4 will be fully supported by the time I need one.
  • Greg, do yourself a favor. Get the PS4 and Project Cars. Project Cars is awesome in scope, depth and Ffb feel. I consider Project Cars a "console seller". Also, it fully supports Fanatec. Slightly Mad Studios has till this point gone out of their way to address bugs, develop new content and generally make your purchase a worthwhile one. I am a big fan.
  • Why do you think Fanatec will spend useless money on a licence when it's already possible to use Fanatec wheels on PS3 and 4 ?
    You can navigate trough the PS dashboard with the controller. You'll only have to remember/label which button is the cross, square, triangle etc button.
    NFS isn't playable on X1 with Fanatec gear either...so it's not just Drive Club that's acting up
  • I've got project cars on pc, pc is still hard to beat on titles not exclusive to consoles. Assetto corsa is also pretty awesome!
  • Drive club is ps4 exclusive, like turismo, this is troubling. NFS is quite arcade, I understand it is auto teams only, not really wheel friendly.
  • Trans, not teams, damned auto correct!
  • Every game developer has to patch the Fanatec driver into the game....it's not so that it automatically sees a wheel to use.
    So exclusiveness has nothing to do with being able to use Fanatec gear. If the game devs decide not to use the Fanatec drivers in their game...
  • Neither you nor I know what Sony puts in exclusive contracts. The only ps4 exclusive racing game I know of only supports licensed wheels. I'm just saying, don't take support for exclusive titles as a given. Do you know of a ps4 exclusive racer that supports fanatec wheels?
  • Searching the internet on driveclub fanatec support I found this in an old interview with the game director.

Adding to the racing wheel thought, he said, “We’re big fans of wheels,
    so whether its Logitech or Fanatec we’d love to support their wheels if
    they choose to bring them to PlayStation 4.”

For this exclusive ps4 racer's director, lacking a specific ps4 agreement might be an issue.  This is why I am hesitant to assume this wheel will be supported in ps4 turismo titles without a ps4 rim or some licensing agreement.
  • In a earlier post by Thomas he stated that Fanatec made the software which would allow Fanatec wheels to work on ps4 games. They are making this available to all game devs for free. So Fanatec is doing everything they can. And more than any other manufacturer would IMO.
  • Thomas said on FB that the Black Friday deal would be on Black Friday. They aren't starting early like many others are. Which I find nice. It seems every year it start earlier and lasts longer.
  • I wish the best for Thomas and Fanatec and never doubt their efforts on our behalf. I also recognize there can be things outside their control.
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited November 2015
    Thomas said on FB that the Black Friday deal would be on Black Friday. They aren't starting early like many others are. Which I find nice. It seems every year it start earlier and lasts longer.
    Thank you for this information.  I will gladly be a paying customer on Friday.  

Chris, you are right, it seems that Black Friday starts earlier and earlier and lasts for days.  I feel sorry for the employees who have to miss Thanksgiving with their families because of it.  I hope that everyone has a great holiday weekend.  I will definitely be looking forward to getting my rig in a week or so.

Thank you again for confirming the start day of bundle discounts.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys, its very nice to get some answers fast. Looking forward to the deal, and racing....;) 
  • Look what got delivered this morning.....

• Thomas,

Congratulations. Maybe a brief opinion posted here when you have had a chance to use it? I am ordering mine on Friday.
  • Fanatec did get back to me regarding bundle deals. The deal will be available on Friday. They did not specify if that was midnight Europe, East coast or West of USA. I will be trying to get my deal during Thanksgiving dinner. My wife will probably be asking me what I am doing with my phone under the table.
  • So far i really like the p1. Obviously its not as high grade as the other stand alone wheels but it works and really well. I also enjoy the ffb on fm5 and  6 but on FH2 the wheel wants to shake back and fourth on the straights. I added dead zone and this helped a little bit but not a lot. Hey thomas are you going to have black friday deals on the v3 peddles? 
  • Julian,

Do the shifter paddles have a positive clicky response? I have heard they are missing that.
  • im betting a CSL Base coming in December. I could imagine Fanatec not wanting to spoil their CSL P1 / Base V2 Black Friday bundles...

at least i hope so :-)

im pretty positve a CSL base would fit my gaming needs pretty much...
  • @ Matt yes they are missing the click but i really don't use the shifter paddles. I really like driving with a manual 5 or 6 speed using a shifter for all my cars. I really am not even a fan of the sequintial gear boxes on the higher end cars.
  • Julian,

Thanks for the input.
  • Thomas,

Congratulations. Maybe a brief opinion posted here when you have had a chance to use it? I am ordering mine on Friday.
    I don't have a base, so it's just the wheel at this point.  Looking for a used V1 base, as a new CSW at $599/$549 is just too much for me. 

I ordered the G920 today (it's down to $349 for wheel and pedals).   If I don't find a decent used deal on a CSW (or the new CSR base comes out) by year end, I'll just sell this one and stick with Logitech.
  • Thomas,

Good luck with your search.

The V2 is steep. I recently ordered a V2 base, V3 Pedals and the Xbox hub with the Forza gt wheel. Then cancelled after I got cold feet. Luckily I did cancel as the new wheel is just cheap enough when combined with bundle discount. I just hope none of it is out of stock by Friday...
  • Jeff NazerJeff Nazer Member
    edited November 2015
    For those that have been asking. There are no other black friday deals, which is a real shame.
    they told me on there facebook page

was hoping they was gonna do the csw v2 base with bwm and formula rim. getting cold feet like you matt, its just to much money now, with the rims i really want.

• Jeff,

I feel your pain. I would prefer to have the Forza gt wheel and the hub. As I only console race at this point I just can't get past the final price. It is not Fanatec's fault. They have a premium product that costs a lot to develop and produce. I personally think they are charging a fair price for their products. It is just that little bit out of my price range. Having said that, I have wanted a multi platform wheel for a long time. I am finally at a point in my life where I have little extra cash and this new wheel and the bundle deal are to hard to pass up. Also, I am going to be trying to sell my T300RS to help offset my Fanatec setup.

I hope you find a way into the Fanatec universe sooner than later.

Fingers crossed the new wheel is awesome.
  • Yup, it's a lot of money...but it's SOOOO worth it. I'm a console racer too, but because of Fanatec gear I really want a gaming pc with 3 screen set up. 2 buttkickers etc.
    And the feel of the V2 base is so much smoother as the V1 or V1.5 base.
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited November 2015
    Antoine,

That is definitely one of the things I look forward to the most.  The smoothness of the V2.  The T300RS is pretty smooth but I am willing to bet it isn't as smooth.  Also, the T300RS gets hot and looses FFB after about 45 minutes of racing.  I have read that the V2 can be used for hours and lose none of the FFB.  The V3 pedals look out of this world.  I have always had cheap plastic pedals with very little fidelity and almost no real resistance.  I cant wait to get my feet on them.

Come on Friday, get here...
  • edited November 2015
    Just got my CSL P1 today. Trying to use it with CSW V1 base. When I attach it to the base it lights up but the display reads"8. 8."

Driver 231, Firmware 141

Any ideas? I was under the impression it would work with my old base?

Thanks!
  • Just got my CSL P1 today. Trying to use it with CSW V1 base. When I attach it to the base it lights up but the display reads"8. 8."

Driver 231, Firmware 141

Any ideas? I was under the impression it would work with my old base?

Thanks!
    Are you sure that it's mounted correctly, i.e. pushed all the way on the axle?