Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Is this the only BF deals and nothing else ?
    ie Nothing for existing customers who have purchased at full wack a base in the past (not that I am one of them) ? and no other bundle deals with xbox hub + rims, pedals, shifters etc ?

• Jeff NazerJeff Nazer Member
    edited November 2015
    sadly its the only deal this year. they told me. would of liked to upgrade as I'm an exisiting fanatec user.

• Yup, it's a lot of money...but it's SOOOO worth it. I'm a console racer too, but because of Fanatec gear I really want a gaming pc with 3 screen set up. 2 buttkickers etc.
    And the feel of the V2 base is so much smoother as the V1 or V1.5 base.

I have all the above on the obutto rig , but use a fanatec csr wheel at the moment, with elite pedals which are great and I will be keeping.
    just need a better wheel the csr feels to much like a toy now.

• Are you sure that it's mounted correctly, i.e. pushed all the way on the axle?
    Yeah, it's mounted fine and powers on but its not recognized at all by the software. I guess I need to contact support. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong. 
  • Did you update the base without the hub for the first time ?
  • Does anyone in Southern California have recent experience with buying Fanatec gear? Just curious how long it took them to process and ship orders.
    I've bought all my stuff here in SoCal. Not a problem.  V2, Formula rim, BMW rim, and CSQ shifter most recently.  Had the CSR before but bought years ago.  Never had a problem.  When stuff broke or needed service, they've been very responsive.
  • I just got it in, I updated the firmware on my base and it says it's still my bmw wheel - none of the lights work if i hit the setup menu on the wheel while connected to pc
  • What firmware is lit on the display when you turn on the base ? Did you update the base without the CSL mounted ? Did you delete previous driver on your pc first before installing new driver or just overwritten ?
  • Jeff NazerJeff Nazer Member
    edited November 2015
    Got my base and 2 rims.  wow these things a beautifull.  the price payed was soon forgotten once i held them.
    and wife thinks i payed 350 euro not the 1300 euro.
    :D

shifter next.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Any word on whether we will get to map all the buttons on the Xbox One Hub? Really would love to take advantage of all the button assignments PCars offers.
  • I've been using it now in Forza 6 and I must say the FFB & feel are not very good. I think it's an xbox thing as the CSL wheel feels fine on PC games.
    Anyone have any recommened wheel & Forza 6 settings I can try?
    Thanks.
    I've been using it now in Forza 6 and I must say the FFB & feel are not very good. I think it's an xbox thing as the CSL wheel feels fine on PC games.
    Thanks.
    Hey Rupak,

These are my settings. Tried tweaking as much as I could to get the best out of Forza. Unfortunately it's not as good as PCars.

Forza 6 IN GAME (advanced settings)
    Deadzone Inside - all at 0
    Deadzone Outside - all at 100 (* this gives you full dynamic range of the pedals)
    Vibration - 60
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900

CSW Settings

SENS - Auto
    FFB - 25
    SHO - 40
    ABS - 40 
    LIN - Off
    DEA - Off
    DRI - 1
    BrF - 50 (adjust to personal preference)
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited November 2015
    Any setting doesn't make F6(or F5) feel like pc-sims in ffb department. I've PC, PS4, XOne and X360&PS3. And while pCars already is reaching to somewhat better ffb on PS4's side(and I guess XOne's too, haven't tried X1's pC) there's still clear difference to worse direction when talking about force feedback between consoles and pc's sims(iR, rF1&2, RRE, AC, GSC etc).

That said, anyone has some settings for Forza Horizon 2? CSW v2-base and of course now with this CSL P1-rim.

Otherwise I have Bmw-whee, F1-wheel, normal uni.hub with 4 or so different real life rims(d-shape, round, suede, leather etc) and CSP v1 pedals.

edit. And damn Fanatec that you stopped to sell CSL Seat, I planned to buy it at some point in the future...
  • Is this compatible with EUROPE Version of CLUBSPORT WHEEL BASE V2?
  • Of course it is. The only difference between EU and US is the power plug.
  • Is this compatible with EUROPE Version of CLUBSPORT WHEEL BASE V2?
    Ah, ya! Why wouldn't it be. They sell it in the EU shop for goodness sakes. ~X(
    someone is getting a beating LOL
  • I've been using it now in Forza 6 and I must say the FFB & feel are not very good. I think it's an xbox thing as the CSL wheel feels fine on PC games.
    Thanks.
    Hey Rupak,

These are my settings. Tried tweaking as much as I could to get the best out of Forza. Unfortunately it's not as good as PCars.

Forza 6 IN GAME (advanced settings)
    Deadzone Inside - all at 0
    Deadzone Outside - all at 100 (* this gives you full dynamic range of the pedals)
    Vibration - 60
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900

CSW Settings

SENS - Auto
    FFB - 25
    SHO - 40
    ABS - 40 
    LIN - Off
    DEA - Off
    DRI - 1
    BrF - 50 (adjust to personal preference)
    Thanks very much for those settings Joseph.
    Will try them as soon as I go back to the xbox, really prefer the pc though.
  • yeah Joseph, im using your settings and gone is the Jerkiness that made me go nuts. Nice Settings.
    Thank you alot!

Does someone also has some nice Forza Horizon 2 Settings ?

Cheers and Thanks!

Christophe
  • Try setting WHEEL SEN to 900 or even 720, and leave the in game dor at 900. To me it feels like the auto function kills a little car feel, and I can catch rwd slides much easier now.
  • will do thx
    edited December 2015
    Hey Christophe, forgot to mention I change the wheel "SENS" to 900 or 720 depending on the car I/m driving (GT,Road, Open Wheel, etc). Auto does not work well. Just for got to update that setting.

Thanks Antoine for reminding me of that :)
  • ok great. You guys play Horizon 2  by any chance ? Id like to "steal" your settings aswell :-)
  • Nope, too arcady for me, sorry...but try the same settings there ?
    I have Horizon 2 but haven't really spent much time with setting it up. I would try the Forza 6 settings as a base and work from there. 
  • i think they are abit different, but will check this weekend. The thing is with the simracers, i many times dont "feel" the Speed.
    I spin out and wonder why, felt like i was doing 30 km/h when the hud shows 120 :-)
  • Buy 2 buttkicker gamer 2s, that resloves the non feel problem Christophe. LoL
  • Just got the csl xbox wheel and v2 base love it, but the shift lights don't work on the xbox, works fine on the ps3. Anybody else
    had this problem.
    The Xbox API does not support this feature as of now.
    Was going to post this on activity but afraid it would be missed. VERY COOL!