Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

1234568»

Comments

• Fanatec support is awful. Have send the email to their support more than a week ago and still no reply.
    I have a problem with incompatibility with P1 and CSW v1 like many other users with the same symptoms.
    No word from them........... Expensive junk......
  • Fanatec support is awful. Have send the email to their support more than a week ago and still no reply.
    I have a problem with incompatibility with P1 and CSW v1 like many other users with the same symptoms.
    use the chat Function or call them. Always works for me - email less...
    good luck!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    ok so that at 0 means i can put a coin on the pedal and it will apply full break force ?
    Sorry for the delay in responding, travelling. Thanks Remco for responding.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2016
    Fanatec support is awful. Have send the email to their support more than a week ago and still no reply.
    Could you please tell me how and when did you send an Email to the Fanatec Support? No message from your email address was received and no purchase has been made with the account you are using here!? Not even a product was registered with this account so I do not know how you could have contacted the support team.

"many other users with the same symptoms"
    Really? We are collecting informations right now to check if there are any options to help. We found 4 people worldwide so far...
    Maybe you can help us finding all the others. Thank you!
  • ok so that at 0 means i can put a coin on the pedal and it will apply full break force ?
    Maybe not that, but it will go from very sensitive to requiring a lot of force.
    Ok I stil dont understnad 100%. lets say its set to 10% - thats mens by bareley pushing the pedal it will be breaking FULL . is that right ?
    and if its on 100% i need to push it very hard as how it  has been calibreated ?

is the BrF setting as the turn knob was on dthe v1 Pedals ?

cheers and thanks
  • ok so that at 0 means i can put a coin on the pedal and it will apply full break force ?
    Maybe not that, but it will go from very sensitive to requiring a lot of force.
    Ok I stil dont understnad 100%. lets say its set to 10% - thats mens by bareley pushing the pedal it will be breaking FULL . is that right ?
    and if its on 100% i need to push it very hard as how it  has been calibreated ?

is the BrF setting as the turn knob was on dthe v1 Pedals ?

cheers and thanks
    Basically that's it, yes.
  • Klemen PavlicKlemen Pavlic Member
    edited February 2016
    Fanatec support is awful. Have send the email to their support more than a week ago and still no reply.
    Could you please tell me how and when did you send an Email to the Fanatec Support? No message from your email address was received and no purchase has been made with the account you are using here!? Not even a product was registered with this account so I do not know how you could have contacted the support team.

"many other users with the same symptoms"
    Really? We are collecting informations right now to check if there are any options to help. We found 4 people worldwide so far...
    Maybe you can help us finding all the others. Thank you!
    On on 25.1. and 27.1.
    And what are options for us 4 people worldwide? There are at least three similar questions on the forum but with no answer. For example as I can read you have already one representive product with the same simptoms in your lab from Ghaith Abdulla are there any options for us? As asked from some users can we expect a firmware update that will address the problem? I can upload a video of the problem if you want but it is the same as described from him.
  • Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited February 2016
    Sorry but if you are not answering the questions I will be unable to help. HOW did you send your "Emails" to our Support if you did not purchase or register any product? WHERE did you send your Email if you did not contact our support but sent it somewhere else? Please feel free to send me the Email by PM incl. the information when and to which contact it was sent. COULD you please send me all other guys (names/email addresses) who are having such a problem by PM since you know that many? THX!
  • Hearing of only four people reporting problems with the CSW v1/P1 combination seems like a small number. However, as one of the four, it is difficult for us to know how this compares to the adoption and use of the P1 since being released.

I've posted the question, 'Has anyone been able to get the CSW v1/P1 combination to work? Please share your experiences!' on two other forums - Inside Sim Racing and the Forza forum. If there's another audience with better potential to answer this please let me know. After about 5 days and 47 views on InsideSimRacing, and 1 day and 7 views on the Forza forum, there aren't any responses to my question. I hope in time someone will respond, but given the lack of responses so far my best efforts to clarify real-world user experiences aren't providing me any hope that I will be able to get this to work.

I bought my CSW v1 on eBay and my P1 from an InsideSimRacing listing. I'm under the impression I'm not entitled to any Fanatec support because I bought used...? My only attempts to obtain help have been in this forum, but I'm willing to work with Fanatec support in any way to further understand the problem.

Thanks!
  • Hearing of only four people reporting problems with the CSW v1/P1 combination seems like a small number. However, as one of the four, it is difficult for us to know how this compares to the adoption and use of the P1 since being released.

I've posted the question, 'Has anyone been able to get the CSW v1/P1 combination to work? Please share your experiences!' on two other forums - Inside Sim Racing and the Forza forum. If there's another audience with better potential to answer this please let me know. After about 5 days and 47 views on InsideSimRacing, and 1 day and 7 views on the Forza forum, there aren't any responses to my question. I hope in time someone will respond, but given the lack of responses so far my best efforts to clarify real-world user experiences aren't providing me any hope that I will be able to get this to work.

I bought my CSW v1 on eBay and my P1 from an InsideSimRacing listing. I'm under the impression I'm not entitled to any Fanatec support because I bought used...? My only attempts to obtain help have been in this forum, but I'm willing to work with Fanatec support in any way to further understand the problem.

Thanks!
    Even if you buy Fanatec gear second-hand, you can expect support from Fanatec. It does help greatly through if you got the original invoices from the sellers, as that will transfer warranty to you.

You should be able to register your gear here (though I'm not sure whether you need those invoices). Let me know if you run into issues, but trying to contact the original sellers and ask them for the original invoices (.pdf files) would be a good idea.
  • David MenaghDavid Menagh Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks for the clarification. While I don't have the original receipt, I did register the P1 and open a support request yesterday and am waiting to hear back.

I noticed that the CSL P1 announcement on page 1 of this blog and the official P1 product page have both been updated to remove the v1 base from the compatibility list. I don't know if this is temporary or permanent. I've asked about this in my support request. At the moment I'm not aware of any options other than buying new hardware. Hopefully support can help clarify things so I can decide on my next steps.

• hello. i recently purchased the v2 and the p1 wheel. when i connect the v2 to the computer the driver window shows the v2 until i connect the p1 wheel. the wheel, and base work great on xbox one but if the wheel is plugged into the base the computer wont even show the v2 in the driver. ive installed the latest driver.  not sure what else to do

hello. i recently purchased the v2 and the p1 wheel. when i connect the v2 to the computer the driver window shows the v2 until i connect the p1 wheel. the wheel, and base work great on xbox one but if the wheel is plugged into the base the computer wont even show the v2 in the driver. ive installed the latest driver.  not sure what else to do
    Make sure everything is connected prior to turning on the wheelbase. Also did you switch base to PC mode using the double square+Y at same time?
  • Do any of the Xbox One hubs etc work on the original CSW Base then? 
  • How do you get the V3 pedals to work with the Xbox one? The wheel seems to work fine but I cant see the pedals on the xbax at all and it needs to separate usb plug-in.
  • Do any of the Xbox One hubs etc work on the original CSW Base then? 
    I can confirm that the UHX (Xbox Universal Hub) does in fact work with the V1 base (I have a V1.5 base to be exact) on both PS3, and PC. I have not tried it with PS4 or Xbone but I would expect the result to be the same. 

The only small nit pick I have is the fact the the buttons on the button boxes do not properly duplicate the built in buttons as they should. Meaning pressing a particular button on one of the button boxes will actually activate a different button on the built in button panel. I asked about this in the Xbox hub thread so if i figure out an answer I will let you know. My guess is this will be Driver/FW related so not a big deal in my opinion. 

Overall the Xbox hub is great, I love it so far!

• hello. i recently purchased the v2 and the p1 wheel. when i connect the v2 to the computer the driver window shows the v2 until i connect the p1 wheel. the wheel, and base work great on xbox one but if the wheel is plugged into the base the computer wont even show the v2 in the driver. ive installed the latest driver.  not sure what else to do
    Make sure everything is connected prior to turning on the wheelbase. Also did you switch base to PC mode using the double square+Y at same time?
    oh man. pc mode... haha thanks Joseph! that did it.
  • Hopefully in future firmware updates we get those options in wheel's menu in use too, which are lacking now when using CSW with Xbox One.
    In example Forza's ffb is generally so bad that to set up it somehow useable, we would need those force/spring/damping options too.
  • Not sure if this is really relevant anymore, but since it's never been directly stated, the CSL P1 is not compatible with the CSW v1 base.  My support request response was no fix exists, and since they didn't say they were working on it, must assume it never will.

I understand the CSW v1 is getting on the older side and making it backwards compatible is not cost effective, but  I find it disappointing that instead of making a new post, or updating the original post to be clear that the CSW v1 won't be supported,  they simply updated their initial posts to remove the CSW v1 as if it never existed.   I've been waiting for a cost effective solution to use my Fanatic gear on Xbox one and thought I finally had it, but alas, the wait continues.  It would be nice to know when the CSL base is coming out to see if I should continue to wait or maybe it's time to move on. 

• Buy yourself a ps4...FM6 really isn't worth the hassle. There are so much issues with using the Fanatec wheel in FM6, due to T10's lack of community and not fixing those issues AND the X1 in general...like screen dimming when not touching a button, controller has to be connected by USB to use headset...or else controller keeps shutting down...etc. Plus FFB of PS4 and graphics are so much better...oh and did I forgot to mention the use of a button box with PCars, probably Dirt and Assetto Corsa on ps4 and not with X1...
  • Any news about the long announced CSL base?
  • They only news you'll receive about it is when it's revealed here. 
  • got myself Dirt for PS4 - anyone else ? if so which settings are you happy with. Im gonna start it up tonight or tomorrow first time.

cheers!
    Hey Christophe,

I have Dirt Rally and if you follow this link I posted settings for Dirt stages with Asphalt going up today. It is for Xbox One however they do work pretty much the same on PS4. 

•  awsome, ill check those out tomorrow - thx alot!!
  • I have problems with wheel rim creaking(difficult to pinpoint which part does that, could be plastic back cover where its touch metal front plate) while driving and also directional stick try to get little stuck quite often when you move on game menus etc, its damn annoying.
  • I have problems with wheel rim creaking(difficult to pinpoint which part does that, could be plastic back cover where its touch metal front plate) while driving and also directional stick try to get little stuck quite often when you move on game menus etc, its damn annoying.
    If you have hardware issues, contact Fanatec Support through the Fanatec website (chat or email).
  • Actually wanted to know if others have similar problems and of course it could be that F just say "tough luck, can't do" so why bother if it would be unfruitful contact.
  • Actually wanted to know if others have similar problems and of course it could be that F just say "tough luck, can't do" so why bother if it would be unfruitful contact.
    Not sure if it's a useful strategy to assume up-front that Fanatec won't help you...