PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• yes i have, i actually just bought the Cronusmax yesterday, and tried all of this yesterday. and like i said the G27 works with the Ps4 but Not the Fanatec. i am trying this on the PS4 Wheel Mode, with Firmware V1.21.
    have you try with the new firmware 1.22 ?
  • edited August 2016
    yes i have, i actually just bought the Cronusmax yesterday, and tried all of this yesterday. and like i said the G27 works with the Ps4 but Not the Fanatec. i am trying this on the PS4 Wheel Mode, with Firmware V1.21.
    have you try with the new firmware 1.22 ?
    yes i have.......i updated the Crounusmax just Yesterday. sorry V1.21 is a typo. my Firmware is V1.22 We mode.....Which is PS4 Wheel edition.
  • I think with the cronus you have to use ps3 mode on the wheel page 9 of online manual.
    i do use the Ps3 mode on the wheel. if you do not the PS4 won't recognize it at all. it is weird it looks like it is trying to recognize but eventually i get the E on the Cronusmax USB.
  • Yw and a good night to you to...I already ordered it. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll report here as soon as I hook it up and tested a couple a hours
    order it too.... 
    one question because i m not a tech head at all, does this cronus just setup with the pc then you plug it to the hub on the ps 4 then you re good to go or does it have to be permanently hooked to a pc that s running ?

Once prepared on pic, you need to plug it in ps4 port 1, that's why you need a usb hub. Just check out the many videos via Chronus site. We'll figure it out...and you can always ask for my help if needed
  • edited August 2016
    yes i have, i actually just bought the Cronusmax yesterday, and tried all of this yesterday. and like i said the G27 works with the Ps4 but Not the Fanatec. i am trying this on the PS4 Wheel Mode, with Firmware V1.21.

And THATS where it goes wrong. You need fw 1.22 for use with Fanatec. Read this: http://cronusmax.com/ Scroll down past pictures
  • edited August 2016
    Just ordered mine now from Amazon. Will get it Monday.

And THATS where it goes wrong. You need fw 1.22 for use with Fanatec. Read this: http://cronusmax.com/ Scroll down past pictures
    You are right Antoine ! I didn't notice that !

Edit :

By the way, is that hub OK ?
    https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003M0NURK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • edited August 2016

No I know........i DO have V1.22 in PS4 Wheel mode..........That was a typo. I Just verified that i have the current firmware. like i said it tries to connect but i get the E on the Cronusmax. which is why i think it might the usb hub
  • Does your head hurt.. mine does ....lol =))
  • Does your head hurt.. mine does ....lol =))
    You'll have to thank Sony for that. Life finds a way, Dr Malcolm ;)
  • I getting lost in the post, I have not understood if a new Fanatec product for ps4, can bring back compatibility with CSW2 ... we are bound to use only pcars & dirt forever? so even a pcars2 will no longer compatible? we must find a solution. sony & Fanatec should sell the codes to download Fanatec driver from playstation store, at least for the wheels sold as compatible PS4. Fortunately I have not already ordered a CSPv3
  • I getting lost in the post, I have not understood if a new Fanatec product for ps4, can bring back compatibility with CSW2 ... we are bound to use only pcars & dirt forever? so even a pcars2 will no longer compatible? we must find a solution. sony & Fanatec should sell the codes to download Fanatec driver from playstation store, at least for the wheels sold as compatible PS4. Fortunately I have not already ordered a CSPv3

well were not sure, but some of us are talking about this product.......http://cronusmax.com/. a few of us have ordered it and are waiting to try it out.
    What is clear now is that CSW2 will never be compatible with future games.
    A future PS4 licensed Fanatec wheel is in development and will be available on an unknown date.
  • This is complete BS. I am an owner of a CSW V2 and I bought it when it was advertised as PS4 compatible. This was before the statement was made that game developers had to support the Wheel in their game ( that's whats Fanatec is telling now). And now Fanatec is telling is there is nothing they van do. They are the ones about to sign a contract with Sony that exclude this Wheel from support on PS4. They are the only one Who can de something about it. Don't sign the contact that exclude the wheels. But off course they Will not do that, because they want to sell More wheels to New customers. So screw the ones that already paid and Let the New ones pay as well. In my eyes Fanatec is as guilty in this as Sony is. Both only want to make More money by srewing their existing customers. Is this is the case: I Will bever buy any Fanatec gear again, sell my playstations (All of them) and never buy a Sony product again as well.
  • This is complete BS. I am an owner of a CSW V2 and I bought it when it was advertised as PS4 compatible. This was before the statement was made that game developers had to support the Wheel in their game ( that's whats Fanatec is telling now). And now Fanatec is telling is there is nothing they van do. They are the ones about to sign a contract with Sony that exclude this Wheel from support on PS4. They are the only one Who can de something about it. Don't sign the contact that exclude the wheels. But off course they Will not do that, because they want to sell More wheels to New customers. So screw the ones that already paid and Let the New ones pay as well. In my eyes Fanatec is as guilty in this as Sony is. Both only want to make More money by srewing their existing customers. Is this is the case: I Will bever buy any Fanatec gear again, sell my playstations (All of them) and never buy a Sony product again as well.
    1st thing-PS4 compatibility HAD ALWAYS been up to game devs. That never changed until now when Sony changed it. Sony and Fanatec both made that clear when the PS4 was released. That's how Fanatec was PS4 compatible (per game devs) from launch but wasn't compatible with XboxOne at launch. MS wanted a licensing agreement from the start. If you recall that was a big issue at the time. 2nd thing-I was upset with MS for not allowing 360 wheels to work on XboxOne. Myself and many, many others said, "no Fanatec no XboxOne." Guess who stuck with that? Me! People who complained the loudest that they wouldn't ever buy a MS product again were proudly showing off their Day One Editions. If you want to be mad be mad at Sony. If you want to actually have a chance at affecting their decision then post on every Official Sony PS4 site and social media. Tell them how they screwed you over. (Which they did!) And finally back it up by actually not buying their products. The only thing they listen to is the sound of the cash register.
    1st thing-PS4 compatibility HAD ALWAYS been up to game devs. That never changed until now when Sony changed it. Sony and Fanatec both made that clear when the PS4 was released. That's how Fanatec was PS4 compatible (per game devs) from launch but wasn't compatible with XboxOne at launch. MS wanted a licensing agreement from the start. If you recall that was a big issue at the time. 2nd thing-I was upset with MS for not allowing 360 wheels to work on XboxOne. Myself and many, many others said, "no Fanatec no XboxOne." Guess who stuck with that? Me! People who complained the loudest that they wouldn't ever buy a MS product again were proudly showing off their Day One Editions. If you want to be mad be mad at Sony. If you want to actually have a chance at affecting their decision then post on every Official Sony PS4 site and social media. Tell them how they screwed you over. (Which they did!) And finally back it up by actually not buying their products. The only thing they listen to is the sound of the cash register.
    the CSW I bought it from Fanatec, why should I just go complain to Sony? If I sell a shirt and cotton not good I do not say to my client, I'm sorry, you go to complain to those who produce cotton. I go to those who produce cotton, looking for a solution for me and my client. this is a proper way to treat my client. Fanatec is guilty as Sony.
  • Chris is right, you're wasting your time, mate. Sony won't budge and Fanatec will follow.
  • I know, unfortunately so
  • Done over twice by Sony G25 then CSW
  • And Fanatec are guilty of selling me a CSW setup that stated clearly on there web site as PS4 compatible.
  • yes i have, i actually just bought the Cronusmax yesterday, and tried all of this yesterday. and like i said the G27 works with the Ps4 but Not the Fanatec. i am trying this on the PS4 Wheel Mode, with Firmware V1.21.

No I know........i DO have V1.22 in PS4 Wheel mode..........That was a typo. I Just verified that i have the current firmware. like i said it tries to connect but i get the E on the Cronusmax. which is why i think it might the usb hub
    I've received my cronus today and am getting the same as you William - it's doing my head in. I'm just getting 'E' displaying on the cronus. I'm using a standard usb 2 hub too. Hmmm. Also, having read more I'm not sure the Fanatec gets full FFB support either. Do you have to put the wheel in PS3 mode? If so, how the hell do you do that? 
  • edited August 2016
    Yes, Mark, you have to put your wheel in PS3 mode. It depends on the rim you have. Normally there are 2 buttons to press at the same time. You'll find which ones on your rim manual.
    Hope it will solve your issue.

Edit :
    May be because of an incompatible hub. Look at this :
    http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151243
    http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151240
  • Yes, Mark, you have to put your wheel in PS3 mode. It depends on the rim you have. Normally there are 2 buttons to press at the same time. You'll find which ones on your rim manual.
    Hope it will solve your issue.

Edit :
    May be because of an incompatible hub. Look at this :
    http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151243
    This is a mine field lol! I've got the formula rim on and pushing the two bottom buttons does nothing? How do you know if it's PS3 mode? Also, how are you connecting your wheel up with the hub and cronus. Thanks for your help...close to picking a window and throwing it out haha
  • edited August 2016
    I don't know, I never used PS3 mode and I'll only get my CM monday. Manual says you have to hold the 2 buttons almost for 1 sec... If not the whole thing blows ;)
    CM manual says your Fanatec gear must be connected to port 1 and your Dualshock to port 4. Then your USB hub must be connected into the input port of the CM and the CM into one of the PS4 USB ports.

http://cronusmax.com/manual/wired_crossover_controllers_connecting_to_ps4_using_a_usb_hub.htm

Edit :

CSW V2 Manual says :

7.1.3 PS3 mode
    Initially the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is in PC mode. For use on PlayStation 3
    the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 must be switched to PS3 mode.
    When you use a regular Fanatec Steering Wheel like the BMW M3 GT2, the
    Formula Black or Formula Carbon or the Porsche 918 RSR you must press the
    buttons SELECT (9) + HORN (22) or SELECT (9) + CIRCLE (3) at the same
    time right after auto calibration of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is completed.
    Please see corresponding quick guide of the Fanatec Steering Wheel you use
    at the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.
    When you use the ClubSport Universal Hub you must press Select + Circle at the
    same time right after auto calibration of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is completed.
    Please see user manual of the Universal Hub as well.
    The tuning display of your Fanatec
    Steering Wheel shows a red spot when
    PS3 mode is active as shown on the
    picture on the right hand side (e.g. Universal
    Hub):
  • Don't know if you can get something out of this place ;) http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145131
  • Well I finally got the wheel in to PS3 mode and then started getting constant controller disconnect messages. I'm giving up for now and hitting the beers! lol. I'll let you know if I get anywhere...or I may just wait for one you clever lot to figure it out ;)
  • Your rim have to be plugd in THE USB when you put iT in ps3 mode. If iT get in ps3 mode THE power buton light turns white. I have THE same set up but ps4 controller disconect evrey 10 sec from ps4. I try hole day and stil got Noting im close to picking a window ha ha
  • Yes you have to use ps3 mode which wheel do you have the instrutions are in the base and wheel manuals online
  • edited August 2016

• Your rim have to be plugd in THE USB when you put iT in ps3 mode. If iT get in ps3 mode THE power buton light turns white. I have THE same set up but ps4 controller disconect evrey 10 sec from ps4. I try hole day and stil got Noting im close to picking a window ha ha
    Yep, that's exactly what's happening for me. DS4 disconnects every 10secs - very annoying!