PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Mike GrayMike Gray Member
    edited August 2016

• Mark HaymanMark Hayman Member
    edited August 2016
    I bought the csw v2 last christmas for playing my ps4 and a new base will be disappointing! If Fanatec solution is to release a new base for ps4 players instead of a rim (as for xbox) I will probably sell my fanatec products with my ps4. I really think companys dont care about their users, they just want to make profit.
    See what you've created Mark !!! Carlos...you don't have to buy a new base !!!
    haha, stop stirring Antoine! I did say 'this is just speculation' and we're all welcome to share our views here! The truth is nobody knows and that was purely my interpretation. Thomas said 'if we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims' - so I didn't interpret this as a new PS4 rim solution. Of course I do really hope it's the CSWv2 that get the license but I'm doubtful. In any case, it is what it is now and I firmly believe a solution is coming...
  • I asked fanatec in FB, if there is a ps4 solution coming ... wheel, wheelbase or firmare to make csw compatible to ps 4 and they say .... No nothing is planned. You can look at the page of the game if it is compatible or not. :D :D by the price of Fanatec hardware is that no solution for me . And this by the great sim assetto corsa :( . No fanatec anymore .... this is not the support i like for such a high price wheel setup .
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited August 2016
    As I stated earlier, I can accept hub/separate PS4-rim solution(of course if simple fw update can solve problem then that),but in any case I will not buy new base, costs of course but even more the fact that i have my wheel bolted to driving seat, so I'm not gonna start to change my wheel base everytime when I use different gaming platform.

And as I also said earlier, when Fanatec bring their dd-wheel on market in the future, all these compability issues has to be solved before hand. Have to add that Sony is damn big ***hole with these kind of bullying tactics which they use. I'm not gonna sell my PS4 but have to say that Sony's credibility in my eyes is quite low just now(not saying that MS and Xbox One is so much better in that).
  • Carlos LucasCarlos Lucas Member
    edited August 2016
    Could somenone in fanatec give a good solution to all of those consumers that one day decided to buy the CSW V2 because of the compatibility with the PS4? And when I say solution I dont have in mind to buy another periferial :)
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited August 2016

"""Dear xxxx,

Please contact the Customer Service Sony PlayStation.

In this case , we can tell that this has not been a commercial decision of Sony PlayStation , these incompatibilities can occur due to constant updates to the operating system of our consoles to improve the user experience , so we can not guarantee that all third-party devices are compatible with the PlayStation consoles. In this case we recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your device and check if they are working on creating some firmware that allows compatibility with new versions of operating system PlayStation.""""

LOL Carlos....amazing. What a bunch of id***ts. 
  • Its Amazing!! They treat us like **it

• Its Amazing!! They treat us like **it
    And have I gotten my refund still for the Pre-Order you think? Nooo..."still investigating".
  • Unbelievable :-O
    Sony lives in another reality that us.
    Or they are openly laughing at our faces.
    Or AI has taken power at Sony's.
    Or all of this.
    Anyway, got to run away from them !
  • Good news : Cronusmax Pro 1.12 supports Fanatec wheels on PS4 :
    http://cronusmax.com/
  • But without FFB ?
  • Since it is unclear on the website I have contacted them to ask the question
  • Same here. As far as I can tell...only rumble is felt through a BMW rim, cause the console is tricked into letting it know a controller is used. But since the X1 hub doesn't hold rumble motors inside the wheel...I guess there's no feedback At all
  • OK, sounds disappointing if it's this way but let's wait for the support reply...
  • I hope this gets sorted out really soon...AC on X1 is, like with PCars a massive let down FFB wise !!
  • Anyone here still not think a new PS4 CSL base is coming? Antoine, care to add anything? haha 'And finally a word to the PlayStation situation. We know that a lot of people want to know what the status is but we cannot announce anything before the contract is signed. We have a good relationship with Sony but we need to follow the rules and although there are absolutely no points of disagreement, sometimes things takes a while because of procedures and work flows. I am confident that we can announce a PS4 Version of this Wheel base soon.
  • edited August 2016
    Yup...I'll live with my loss...you're right...too bad it has to be that way. Hope it's not necessary to buy another CSW too.
  • I wonder if there is any chance that Fanatec will Make that Brake Pedal in a Version that can be fitted to the V3 pedals??? PS4 support will eventually happen!!!
  • Ps4 support will happen. No one disagrees. It's how? I'm leaning toward a whole new PS4 CSLE base. Just read the CSLE product description.
  • CSLE product description PlayStation®: This product is not compatible to any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
  • I wonder if there is any chance that Fanatec will Make that Brake Pedal in a Version that can be fitted to the V3 pedals??? PS4 support will eventually happen!!!
    What you gonna do with 4 pedals Grimey ? LOL
  • Thomas Jackermeier 3:46PM Flag I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enableus to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed. We are not making those rules. So...we, V2 owners are screwed....soooooo sad... :"(
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited August 2016
    That's why I don't support Sony. At least with MS you know the deal from the jump-like it or not. I have my theory as who's to blame here. Not Fanatec.
  • I know, but ffb is sooooo crappy on X1 compared to ps4.... Sony could at least go in like M$ did...let Fanatec design a Nissan GTR rim, or something like iT, for ps4 and we were all happy customers
  • Thomas Jackermeier 3:46PM Flag I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enableus to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed. We are not making those rules. So...we, V2 owners are screwed....soooooo sad... :"(
    All jokes aside Antoine, my only win was my banter with you ;) this still sucks big time. I have a FULL ClubSport rig and so I'll enjoy pCars and Dirt for a little longer whilst I research and invest in a decent PC. Up yours Sony - this month I've cancelled my pre-orders for F1 2016, AC, GT Sport and my VR pre-order for PS4. I will also not be investing in the the new PS4 Neo. 
  • edited August 2016
    ^:)^ ;) i didn't cancel my pre order for AC but sell it, WAS going to buy the collectors edition of GT Sport and PS Neo..and would've gotten PS VR eventually. But not anymore....although we are with few...I hope Sony suffers loss to it!!
  • edited August 2016
    Thomas Jackermeier 3:46PM Flag I can already confirm that the CSW will not be compatible with PS4 on any new games. This is part of the Agreement with Sony and enableus to get a license for PS4. There will probably be a dedicated CSL Elite base for PS4 but I cannot confirm anything until the contracts are signed. We are not making those rules. So...we, V2 owners are screwed....soooooo sad... :"(
    All jokes aside Antoine, my only win was my banter with you ;) this still sucks big time. I have a FULL ClubSport rig and so I'll enjoy pCars and Dirt for a little longer whilst I research and invest in a decent PC. Up yours Sony - this month I've cancelled my pre-orders for F1 2016, AC, GT Sport and my VR pre-order for PS4. I will also not be investing in the the new PS4 Neo. 
    If you Move to PCars on PC you will Not Regret it!!! its absolutly the Best Sim to date IMO. The worst part about going PC build is the initial expense... After that its just upgrade parts every 5 or years!!! I went with a I56600k CPU and 2x 1070 GPU cards!!! Performance and Graphics wise PS4/XB1 are Way behind!!! I have PS4/XB1 they are Now just paper weights... once i went PC/ Playing @ Over 60FPS and thats in 4K!!! its impossible for Me to Go Back to Console!!!
  • Well, as said before I can't and don't really wanna make those expenses just now. So I've dug a little further...and there's some light at the horizon. From what I understand now is that we have to buy a Chronus max plus to enjoy our gear on ps4. This is on the Chronus Max website: The following Fanatec wheels are supported by the PS4 Wheel Edition Mode. This is also perfect for those who wish to play F1 2016 for PS4. Simply set the wheel into PS3 Mode, set the Cronus Operational Mode to PS4 Wheel Edition v1.22 and the CronusMAX PLUS will do the rest: Fanatec CSR inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec CSR Elite inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter I also emailed them to get more info
  • Well, as said before I can't and don't really wanna make those expenses just now. So I've dug a little further...and there's some light at the horizon. From what I understand now is that we have to buy a Chronus max plus to enjoy our gear on ps4. This is on the Chronus Max website: The following Fanatec wheels are supported by the PS4 Wheel Edition Mode. This is also perfect for those who wish to play F1 2016 for PS4. Simply set the wheel into PS3 Mode, set the Cronus Operational Mode to PS4 Wheel Edition v1.22 and the CronusMAX PLUS will do the rest: Fanatec CSR inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec CSR Elite inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base inc Pedals/Gear Shifter Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2 inc Pedals/Gear Shifter I also emailed them to get more info

also supports FFB?
  • My question was: Hello, Is there also full FFB support for Fanatec wheel users ? If so I'm willing to buy one right away ! His answer: For PS4 YES