PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• Discussion with Sony is still ongoing, so nothing conclusive can be said at the moment about 'old' hardware support in new games.
  • You're right Lars ! I should have noticed ! Thanks anyway.
  • No Problem, in the official forum someone mentioned that all functions are gone after patch. But he was using a 911 Turbo S wheel...
  • edited August 2016
    It seems logical. The build on the disc was certainly made before Sony banned Fanatec.
    Day one patch might have removed the compatibility.

I found it too :

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sooo-supported-wheels-ps4-no-fanatec.35434/page-5#post-733116
  • edited August 2016
    How the hell could you even start another panic item. Just wait up and see what Thomas can agree on with Sony. IF there should be the need to use a security chip, which I don't believe, like X1 needs it...it WILL be enclosed in a new rim. Like the X1 hub and CSL P1 rim currently. So stop thinking yourself and make other people crazy about needing a new base. AGAIN the base holds the firmware, not the rim !!!!
  • edited August 2016
    Even though this Sucks and is Moraly wrong... Legally Sony Has done No Wrong!!!...Sony Stated it would be up to Game Devs to Provide Support for the wheels that they want to work with their Games... This is Very Loose Non Specific Language...If Sony Lets them Program in Support for Free then they can program in Wheel support if they Choose... If Sony Charges a Licensing Fee and the Devs Choose to Pay then they can program in Wheel support... But if the Devs Choose Not to pay the Licensing Fee then They Have Chosen No to program in Wheel Support.... See How it works...Moraly Yes But Legally Sony has Done No wrong. Maybe the Game Devs and Fanatec should work together and split the Licensing Fee Cost.... This allows Both Fanatec and Game Devs to continue Making and selling product that is supported on Conslole... It will Cost All Sides $$$ but the end result will be both sides will sell More Product and Make More $$$ in the long Run. This Fiasco will Greatly impact Future Wheel, Racing Game and Console Sales because the Consumer Trust has Been Lost!!! No one wants to get stuck with Equipment they cant use because of a Licensing issue!!! Every 1 looses when Consumer Trust is Lost... Companys sell Less Product and the Consumer Looses because they cant/Wont buy something they would like to have and Enjoy because of Deceitful business practices! MS is Loving this!!! They will sell More PC's and XB1's because of this.
  • How the hell could you even start another panic item. Just wait up and see what Thomas can agree on with Sony. IF there should be the need to use a security chip, which I don't believe, like X1 needs it...it WILL be enclosed in a new rim. Like the X1 hub and CSL P1 rim currently. So stop thinking yourself and make other people crazy about needing a new base. AGAIN the base holds the firmware, not the rim !!!!
    Who is this aimed at?
  • Think it was me... Didn't want to start a panic but warn those who would eventually be tempted to buy a PS4 copy of AC....
  • im so angry i cant express it in words. why...........?  can anyone tell us why this is happening?if its not about money which i cant believe because everything is about money, what is it about? i just bought an xb1 and switched my  AC pre-order from sony to microsoft.is there no consumer protection here? ive been a sony fan forever but this is a gamechanger.if these greedy mother fuckers dont make nice ill be forced to buy the inferior xbox branded product. thomas you could work on your communication skills,even if its not technically your fault many of us are left out to dry with little to no recorse.Ill bet the final answere will involve my wallet so i feel let down by sony and fanatec.i had to do some heavy explaining to the wife why i had to switch from the elite base to the v2 because of compatability and i thought i was safe with another $600 investment. so i guess its fool  me twice shame on me.i feel taken advantage of and im not alone. at the end of it all im sure its about greed and has nothing to do with the consumers loyalty .once again theyve got us right by the balls.
  • edited August 2016
    Crapmaster has given money to Sony to have licensed wheel.
    Crapmaster don't want competition with Fanatec and blackmail Sony.
    Sony wants money from Fanatec
    Sony blackmails Fanatec to take compatibility away if they don't pay for license.

Result : players leave Sony and go to PC. Sony loses. Game publishers and devs lose. Crapmaster don't sell more crap.
  • edited August 2016
    Maybe Fanatec can convince Sony that the CSW users are important for future system/software sales as well. And that Sony will loose profit when most of the CSW owners are changing to PC...
    Exactly this!!! Refuse to Buy Sony Product until they change it back to the way it was!!! as long as we buy Sony Product they will Never Care enough to change!!!... The Fact is Fanatec Gear or Sum Racing Gear in General Regardless of Who Makes it is Not Cheap!!! it cost a Minimum of $400. and that's for a Basic Sim Wheel Set up... Basic wheel and No Fancy Pedals...They Know if your going to spend that type of $$$ on Racing Gear that you Really Love it... the Question is How Much $$$ is Too Much to spend on what you enjoy??? the Deeper you get into Sim Racing the More $$$ your willing to Spend to do it!!! They Know this... They spend alotta $$$ on Consumer Research and Targeting to figure out how to get you hooked then Raise the price on you!!!! I know for Me I soo Love Sim Racing When it was announced Fanatec Wheels would work as is on PS4 i ran and bought 1 just for Pcars!!! with all the Confusion and Licensing issues i Ran and Bought a PC to Sim Race on just because of this!!! i would be Absolutely Miserable if i woke up 1 day and My Sim equipment would Not work due to a update that removed compatibility that was there the day before!!!! This would Drive Me insane!!! So i went to PC... I will probably Never Buy a Console again because of these types of Issues!!! I should have bought a PC when these same Issues first arose prior to PS4/XB1 Launch!!!
  • I feel exactly the same !
  • Rest assured that we are anything but happy about this situation. Sony changed their position on wheel comnpatibility and there is nothing we could do except trying to find an agreement with them. And no, it is not about money. ;-)

If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

Please stay with us. We are the only company out there who has at least made some racing titles compatible with your old racing wheels. We care about you as much as we can.

Thank you Thomas. It does sounds like something positive will eventually happen but I don't think CSWv1/2 owners will get the result they want. I read in to this that there is a CSL PS4 wheel base coming which would allow us to use all our existing gear (rims etc) but this would effectively be a downgrade on the wheel base. If this is the case then I too am done with Sony and PS4 and will switch to PC racing. Such a shame that Fanatec have been put in this position. Of course this is just speculation. 
    Read your own comment again and you'll know
  • Lisa HolmgrenLisa Holmgren Member
    edited August 2016
    Report out that day 1 patch(out now) for Assetto removed all Fanatec support that was there... Anyone wants to buy a PS4? I would have use it as a door stop, but my doors are not supported/licenced by Sony so wont work i guess...
  • lol Paul ! You managed to make me laugh though I am not really in the mood - Thanks to Sony :)
  • This is such an easy fix for us all, just make the Fanatec "compatible but not supported" until its fixed so we, the gamers can play the games dammit!
  • Well...playing AC with my gear was far from perfect...lot of in game freezes. Needed to restart the game numerous times
  • Ok Sony, fixed it, now release the drivers!
  • Whoehahahahahahahahahahaha
  • edited August 2016
    Well...playing AC with my gear was far from perfect...lot of in game freezes. Needed to restart the game numerous times
    Keep trying Antoine, don't give up, we need your feedback,remember you are our guinea pig ! ;)

Paul Miklian said:
    Ok Sony, fixed it, now release the drivers!
    Er, what ? Do you mean drivers for your door step, ?  :-??
  • Well...playing AC with my gear was far from perfect...lot of in game freezes. Needed to restart the game numerous times

No, that also piisses me off, AC devs knew this LONG TIME ago and they release this bombshell 5 days before release? Buuuuu
  • Sony es ladrón responsable, lo hice con el Logitech DFGT estaba su rueda exclusiva de GT5 y GT6 en PS3, ahora hacerlo con la otra rueda Fanatec que tengo, no tienen respeto por sus clientes sólo se les lleva la codicia ... ..no de nuevo o comprar un producto de Sony puta.

Sólo espero que a partir de Fanatec obtener una solución con el Sony ladrones.
  • Lars JoschkoLars Joschko Member
    edited August 2016
    Raul Gil said:
    Sony es ladrón responsable, lo hice con el Logitech DFGT estaba su rueda exclusiva de GT5 y GT6 en PS3, ahora hacerlo con la otra rueda Fanatec que tengo, no tienen respeto por sus clientes sólo se les lleva la codicia ... ..no de nuevo o comprar un producto de Sony puta.

Sólo espero que a partir de Fanatec obtener una solución con el Sony ladrones.
    Could you please post in English, I don't speak Spanish or Portuguese. I´m from Germany and I post in English too...
  • I bought the csw v2 last christmas for playing my ps4 and a new base will be disappointing! If Fanatec solution is to release a new base for ps4 players instead of a rim (as for xbox) I will probably sell my fanatec products with my ps4. I really think companys dont care about their users, they just want to make profit.
  • companys dont care about their users, they just want to make profit.
    Sorry, that does not compute...
  • Mark HaymanMark Hayman Member
    edited August 2016
    Rest assured that we are anything but happy about this situation. Sony changed their position on wheel comnpatibility and there is nothing we could do except trying to find an agreement with them. And no, it is not about money. ;-)

If we can at least get a racing wheel officially licensed then you can continue to use most of your gear like shifters, pedals or steering wheel rims and don't have to buy everything new.

Please stay with us. We are the only company out there who has at least made some racing titles compatible with your old racing wheels. We care about you as much as we can.

Thank you Thomas. It does sounds like something positive will eventually happen but I don't think CSWv1/2 owners will get the result they want. I read in to this that there is a CSL PS4 wheel base coming which would allow us to use all our existing gear (rims etc) but this would effectively be a downgrade on the wheel base. If this is the case then I too am done with Sony and PS4 and will switch to PC racing. Such a shame that Fanatec have been put in this position. Of course this is just speculation. 
    Read your own comment again and you'll know
    ?? Stop whining Antoine
  • Richard JamesRichard James Member
    edited August 2016
    This really upsets me too. I've spent thousands AUD to get a base that can be permanently set up on my rig, with compatibility on all systems. I was willing to potentially swap out a wheel to play on PS4 as PC and XBOne are fine. This might be the last straw for me and PS. 

To not support it is one thing, but to ask them to remove it. That's completely crazy.

I was looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport and I'm now considering not pre-ordering as I don't have a supported wheel anymore.

Not Fanatec's fault, seemingly Sony's greed getting the better of them. 

The other question is, do you think it's a coincidence that Thrustmaster are launching a new direct drive wheel on the PS4 to coincide with GT Sport?
  • I bought the csw v2 last christmas for playing my ps4 and a new base will be disappointing! If Fanatec solution is to release a new base for ps4 players instead of a rim (as for xbox) I will probably sell my fanatec products with my ps4. I really think companys dont care about their users, they just want to make profit.
    See what you've created Mark !!! Carlos...you don't have to buy a new base !!!
  • Yesterday I bought Asseto Corsa for PS4.

It doesn´t work. No fanatec option.

I don´t know but i´ll wait for any update.

No problem with Project and Dirt, but Asseto... ARGHH

Small correction: the solution isn't for Fanatec to decide, it's what Sony demands. If it can be solved by a PS4 rim then of course Fanatec will choose that option, they are not stupid or the 'money grabbers' that some people think this is all about.