PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• I've got CronusMax beta access too. I was playing F1 2016 for hours last night :) The wheel is being detected as a Logitech G29. If anyone else is playing F1 2016 I'd love to know your wheel/in game settings. The issue is that you need 360 lock for a 1:1 steering ratio and if you set the SEN to 360 the FFB is just not right, there is also certainly no lack of FFB, you seriously have to turn it down! I understand that the game is supposed to know that you have a 900 wheel and only sends 360 signals for FFB, although this is definitely not happening. This is nothing to do with the CronusMax. I've tried setting the wheel to 900 and auto but you can't turn the car. Anyways...all in all it's very positive from the beta testers. All driving games reported to be working fine with all Fanatec wheels being emulated as a G29. Clever stuff this for a £50 solution...and a satisfying rigid middle finger up at Sony. lol
  • Can someone explain this CronusMax to me please. Is it just plug and play or is there tech stuff to sort it out? Im not a tech head. I have a Mac PC and most things seem to need windows to update or add firmware thats why my wheel has never been updated but don't see the point if it works fine
  • James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited September 2016
    Mike Gray said:
    Can someone explain this CronusMax to me please. Is it just plug and play or is there tech stuff to sort it out? Im not a tech head. I have a Mac PC and most things seem to need windows to update or add firmware thats why my wheel has never been updated but don't see the point if it works fine
    The cronusmax allows any logitech g25 g27   or fanatec wheels (in ps3 mode which are emulating a logitech g25/27) to work on ps4 with full force feedback in games that do not support fanatec wheels!, this works because the wheel is detected by the ps4 (through the cronusmax) as a full logitech G29 ps4 wheel!!! , all that is required is the cronusmax, logitech (or fanatec ps3 wheel)a compatible usb 2.0 hub, and a real ps4 controller (connected to hub for rsa authentication) Very simple and only around $50, which is a DEAL!! considering how much cash these wheels costed!  Visit their site for more info!!
  • @ Mark

What is "CronusMax beta access"? Does it mean I can't buy a CM that works with my CSW2 out of the box?
  • @ Mark

What is "CronusMax beta access"? Does it mean I can't buy a CM that works with my CSW2 out of the box?
    we are currently testing a beta release firmware for cronusmax (the off the shelf cronusmax plus product!)... they had released the wheel edition firmware, however fanatec was bugged and not working. Now they now have it fixed in the current beta firmware version 1.23.1, It should release to everyone as soon as testing is complete! As a beta tester with a turbo s wheel and csr elite wheel.. I can tell you it works phenomenally (only supports peripherals that the logitech wheel has (no handbrake)... however cronus is developing a wheel only product that will blow all our minds in the near future!!.. I've only been waiting like 5+ years for a product like this!!!
  • What about V3 pedals vibrations, is it working with CronusMax?
  • @ Mark

we are currently testing a beta release firmware for cronusmax (the off the shelf cronusmax plus product!)... they had released the wheel edition firmware, however fanatec was bugged and not working. Now they now have it fixed in the current beta firmware version 1.23.1, It should release to everyone as soon as testing is complete! As a beta tester with a turbo s wheel and csr elite wheel.. I can tell you it works phenomenally (only supports peripherals that the logitech wheel has (no handbrake)... however cronus is developing a wheel only product that will blow all our minds in the near future!!.. I've only been waiting like 5+ years for a product like this!!!

Plz helt set this up. I have Tried for a long time without succes
  • Are you part of the beta testers in the cronusmax forum? the current public firmware will not work!

• What about V3 pedals vibrations, is it working with CronusMax?
    the vibration of v3 is not working
  • Are you part of the beta testers in the cronusmax forum? the current public firmware will not work!

I have wrote in it now so hopefully they will accept me as a beta tester

• Has anyone tested CM on CSWv2 base yet
  • I have ordered CM now just wait for firmware update beta testing is full
  • Has anyone tested CM on CSWv2 base yet
    Yes, it works perfectly :)
  • I am not surprised by this at all.  After 15 years of being a loyal Sony customer, I am done with them.  I have sold all of my Sony consoles, including my PS4, and am working on selling all of my Sony PS games.  First they let my personal information get stolen when PSN was taken down.  More recently, soon after I re-formated my PS4 per Sony's instructions and then sold my PS4 to a used game store, my 10 year old PSN account was hacked.  When I contacted Sony, they refused to do anything about it.  GT Sport has been delayed until at least 2017, if not later.  And now Sony refuses to license their technology to Fanatec such that my CSW V2 can be used with future PS4 games, even though Fanatec is more than willing to pay royalties.  

For you guys that bought a CSW V2 expecting full PS4 compatibility, where did you get information that suggested that was going to happen?  Fanatec was very clear all along that they did not have a license from Sony.  Yes, some games were made to work with the CSW V2, but Sony put the clamp on that for current and future games.  And by the way, you spend over $1000 USD on a base, rim, pedals, etc. but you don't want to build a PC which will use this expensive gear much better anyway?  Come on, sell your PS4s and build a PC.  You can build one for around $600-$800 USD that will run Assetto Corsa, F1 2016, etc. much better than the PS4 anyway.  I have gone totally to PC gaming and I do not miss the consoles at all.  Trust me, you won't either.
  • Craig thank you for spelling that out for me, as these die hard PS boys, think going PC is too much hassle, your console is a PC, yes a down graded PC, you spend so much money on your Fanatec hardware yet fail to see the sense amd benefits of going PC. I just can't fathom the fact they can't see it Craig. Gee whizz man.
  • Totally agree about PC but  moved to console some years ago because of compatibility problems with hardware and software hopefully it is better now .I have also now built up a large group  of friends world wide who do not have the funds to go PC and with whom I race regularly so not always easy to move to PC.
  • Tomáš KrálTomáš Král Member
    edited September 2016
    here is probably what you are asking..
    This is why I bought Fanatec V2 base for my PS4, because when I asked guys from Fanatec for the best gear compatible with PS4, they told me to buy CSW V2 base.
    You all might be right, that Sony are the ones who dont care about us and are not trying to do something about it....
    But THEY DONT HAVE TO!
    We bought it from Fanatec as they stated its compatible. (If I sell you Turbo for your car and its not gonna fit in your car, will you go to "For example BMW" to blame them or you will ask me to make it work or give you the money back?)
    Fanatec should do "their all" right now, even if they are not comfortable about it, cause its their mistake.
    I love the base and the pedals, and I am also thinking about the PC, but I bought it for PS4 as I want to race the GT Sport in 2017 and that wish remains.

btw.: Could you guys describe whats the real difference in PC compared to the PS4. I know the graphics, but I dont care that much about it, all I want is the gameplay and physics.

• Totally agree about PC but  moved to console some years ago because of compatibility problems with hardware and software hopefully it is better now .I have also now built up a large group  of friends world wide who do not have the funds to go PC and with whom I race regularly so not always easy to move to PC.
    Fair point about the community Terry.  When the current gen consoles hit in 2013, our Forza community, 2Old4Forza, was split in many different directions due to lack of wheel compatibility with the Xbox One and resistance to buying a new system and game.

As to compatibility issues with PC on the hardware and software side, it is very easy to build a PC and get Windows up and running, but it is far from perfect.  All it takes is one component failure to bring on significant frustration.  That being said, the possibility of hassle is worth it since you get a rig that is so much better than a console.  The component manufacturers have made the process much more user friendly.
  • btw.: Could you guys describe whats the real difference in PC compared to the PS4. I know the graphics, but I dont care that much about it, all I want is the gameplay and physics.

I owned a PS4 since launch in late 2013 and recently sold it.  I have built my own gaming PCs for over 5 years and have owned gaming PCs since 2008.  The PC affords you much more when it comes to both gameplay and physics.  First, you can get virtually any racing game on PC.  Even Forza is now on PC.  The only major title out there that you cannot play on PC in any form is Driveclub, but having played that game a lot, I can tell you that although its good fun, it does not compare to the racing simulations available on PC.  Second, PC sims are must more adjustable than what you get on console.  You can easily adjust FOV, FFB, etc.  PC offers triple screen compatibility, as well as excellent VR support.  Multiple controllers?  No problem on PC.  You can connect your pedals, wheel, shifter etc. directly to the PC via USB.  And finally, PC offers the best physics.  Whether you try iRacing, Assetto Corsa or rFactor 2, all of which shine on PC, you simply cannot do better on the console.
  • btw.: Could you guys describe whats the real difference in PC compared to the PS4. I know the graphics, but I dont care that much about it, all I want is the gameplay and physics.

I owned a PS4 since launch in late 2013 and recently sold it.  I have built my own gaming PCs for over 5 years and have owned gaming PCs since 2008.  The PC affords you much more when it comes to both gameplay and physics.  First, you can get virtually any racing game on PC.  Even Forza is now on PC.  The only major title out there that you cannot play on PC in any form is Driveclub, but having played that game a lot, I can tell you that although its good fun, it does not compare to the racing simulations available on PC.  Second, PC sims are must more adjustable than what you get on console.  You can easily adjust FOV, FFB, etc.  PC offers triple screen compatibility, as well as excellent VR support.  Multiple controllers?  No problem on PC.  You can connect your pedals, wheel, shifter etc. directly to the PC via USB.  And finally, PC offers the best physics.  Whether you try iRacing, Assetto Corsa or rFactor 2, all of which shine on PC, you simply cannot do better on the console.

I understand this point, but i gave up on pc over 6 years ago mostly becouse of the updates price on evrything and if something broke (and they do on pc) driver or anything, i took, 

I bought mac mostly becourse of i wonted to take more pictures and every time i saw a video about ps or anything related to pictures it was on a mac, 

I WILL NOT EVER GO BACK TO PC to much hasle with driver, incompateble stuf, virus oh my god, i have never run a virus program on my mac. and never lost the speed on the mac.

I have ps4 and thats my gaming mashine, started like so many with thrustmaster t300,, bought the 3pa pro pedals and seems like there was more to this, and took the switch to fanatec, and DAMN the thrusmastter is for children and those ho dont have the means to buy qality gaming equitment, i LOVE my Fanatec Base v2 and my BMW rim, Fanatecs pedals v3 LOVE LOVE Them as well. 
    PC in my house is not welcome and will never been, this is comming from a guy who have built pc since 1991 (or there about) 

By the way 

Sorry for my spelling

• I can already confirm that our ClubSport steering wheels will be compatible to our upcoming DD wheels.
    Really !? Is this really true ? Concrete plans for a Fanatec DD wheel ! Shall I order right now, or do I have to wait (long) ? I was very close to rdering an AF or OSW set, but something was holding me back... Lucky me.
  • No way to create a PS4 dongle that would support the CSW v2? Like the cronusmax but could recognize the Fanatec firmware/driver to keep it platform specific?

That would be my preference over moving to a lesser base having already invested.

• well I guess I will be doing some pcars on the ps4 with the csw b v2 for a little while yet for as long as it takes to get sufficient funds to upgrade my pc, rather than getting GT Spoprt and AC, cause I have no intension of downgrading my hardware, and I don't want to switch between two different bases depending on if it is pc or ps4 I am racing on as the wheel is hardmounted to a homebuild rig.
    Hopefully sony will wake up and realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot.....
  • edited September 2016
    IMO Sony is about to take a Huge Loss because of their actions!!! With MS working on Cross Game Play between PC and Console with Windows 10!!! Once PC and XB1 have Multiplayer Cross Play Sony will be out in the Cold!!! Sony has put in Jeopardy all future Sony Console Sales because they have Now Lost all Consumer Trust!!! Let us Not forget how they just Removed All Backwards Compatibility from tbe PS3 and then tried to sell you the same games that you already owned that worked on PS3 before they removed Backwards compatibility!!! they are even sooo Slick and think Consumers are sooo Dumb that you dont have to buy them just rent them from PS+ Membership...Like that makes it better... FOH!!!
  • Hi all, would it be worth trying to start a "en-mass" petition to Sony? They must surely realise that they will be losing copious amounts of money, not just now, but also into the future. Imagine the amount of PS4 users at this very moment contemplating shifting over to PC. Me for 1, & once switched will realise what they have been missing all these years. After the initial investment, upgrades will probably be less money than new consoles every few years, and the functionality of your wonderful wheels improves to boot! There's an idea Thomas; subsidise a gaming PC and pop it onto your website for all us disgruntled PS4 users, or even link up with a PC manufacturer to do it for you... TOGETHER WE WILL PREVAIL!!! 
  • well I guess I will be doing some pcars on the ps4 with the csw b v2 for a little while yet for as long as it takes to get sufficient funds to upgrade my pc, rather than getting GT Spoprt and AC, cause I have no intension of downgrading my hardware, and I don't want to switch between two different bases depending on if it is pc or ps4 I am racing on as the wheel is hardmounted to a homebuild rig.
    Hopefully sony will wake up and realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot.....
    you're in luck, mate 

• Signed
    Thanks! spread it as much as possible.
  • edited September 2016
    Sorry but i have to ask this... Is any 1 else fuming that forza apex is out for PC and All other wheels are supported TM, Logitec  But No Fanatec!!! until later!!! I will Be Pissed if All other wheels work as is and I Have to use the XB1 Hub to play Forza on PC!!! All other wheels work as is!!! ...this would Not Seem sooo odd but for the fact that G25/G27 & T500 wheels are listed to work with Forza apex on PC as is and they don't work on any Xbox at All!!! Why would Fanatec be locked into using the Hub Only and why is Fanatec Last to get wheel support???  I do after all have a Fanatec Forza branded Rim and Hub Right.. Maybe im reading it wrong but Im on PC and i don't want to be locked into using the XB1 hub to Play i want the wheel to work as is like every other wheel listed.

take Note of the Quote below...Link to article posted as well.

"Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September"

http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/06/forza-motorsport-6-apex-comes-beta-wheel-support/#EfcKdIMITOaWveZM.99

don't mean to rant but this is irking Me.