Fanatec Driver 402 (before 399) incl. new Firmware Manager for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Nope. You paid for full features and this is what you should get. Or else why stay in the fanatec ecosystem.

Please open a support ticket through your account under your products and describe the problem mentioning also the troubleshooting you have already done. It would help to make a short video as well in order to speed up the process.

• rj12 plug of the base is also fine? you don't need to live without the feature, if there is something wrong don't hesitate to contact the support.

• I think the problem is that he has had the pedals connected to the wheel base and PC with USB at the same time and this destroys the electronics module in the pedals

• Any chance to fix auto(actually any angle) sens glitch which sets lock to the angle that's set by last played game? Only driver reinstall gets it back to normal.

Also, in AC, DR2.0, PC3 when set to sotflock, there's no actual physical lock - input stops, but wheel can be spinned to 1080(i think, related to the primary issue how angle is recognized from game by driver).

DD2+csp V3+cs HB1.5+cs SQ1.5+6 fanatec qr wheels

• can somebody poke fanatec with a stick and ask them to do something... the ITM should be fixed by now, there should be improvements made to the motor calibration to improve the cogging, also when i calibrate the motor if i turn my wheel just over 90 degrees right so around the 100 degree mark and then turn it back left slowly there is 1 very pronounced step/dip in the turning smoothness, repeatable every single time, i can only get rid of this when i leave the motor uncalibrated. 100 percent calibration software issue as deleting calibration makes it correct but i feel im missing some of the benefit if there is any... by calibrating the motor.

known issues should not take years to fix.

• This is a joke... It's been a year and a half! When will jolts/knocks get fixed?

• I just got the BME and Porsche 911 GT3 wheel.

I already have CSW V2.5 and Universal Hub and Xbox Series X.

I held off on ordering BME since 2019 waiting for CSW V2.5 compatibility.

PBME is now listed as compatible with Xbox when used with the ClubSport Universal Hub for Xbox.

I have updated to driver 402 with PBME : v17 and CSW V2.5 : v684

However there has been a known issue since last year and still not fixed :

"BME on Xbox: Guide button acts as long press even when pressed briefly."

I cannot get to the Home Screen and to have manually restart the Xbox to change games.

Has it already been fixed and waiting for the next driver update to push out?

Or is this issue unfixable and I should return everything?

• How many do you have that it’s such a Problem? Yesterday I had a stint of two hours and not one single jolt.

Knocks? Not one since a few updates. Have you seen that you have to use the standard screen on the base to get rid of mostly all jolts?

• Jolts are very well known, when using any other screen on your DD than the default logo screen. So in theory everyone with a DD has this issue.

• As I've said in my post, too 🙂

• hello,i have installing the 402 drivers and updating with the wizard the firmware of the base fw 684 and motor fw 22 (csw 2.5 with universal hub wheel and pedal board v3) I have encountered problems and this happens: on acc I receive a 99% cpu load alert and then the game crashes while on ams 2 it initially works but shortly after while remaining fluid as fps you see in a kind of slow motion.now I have reinstalled the drivers I had before version 328 with fw 628 and fw motor 22 and everything is back to work . I'm sorry to have gone back because with the 402 the ffb felt more real and defined. my pc is win 10 64 bit, 32gb ram, i7 9700k, rtx 2070 oc 8gb and normally play with 1 monitor in 4k around 70/80 fps whithout problem. do you have any suggestion to give me or some other driver to recommend? with 381 drivers i have the same problem.

• I've got a fix for that, worked it out today when I needed to update my pedals.

I had a spare short USB cable, so I've now got that attached to the pedals & cable tied under the pedal plate - so next time they need upgrading, I can easily access the end of the USB cable & connect a USB extension!

Just need to remember to unplug the RJ12 from the base first, then connect the USB.

• Is this also not true for CSL LC?

In other words, is it better for me to connect my CSL LC via USB?

• I think on the CSL LC you have 16bit on the brake via USB and 12bit via RJ12.

• I'm betting the entire firmware + driver team is working on the CSL DD right now. :(

Soooo much needs to be done for the existing DD line. It's a disappointing situation. I really hope Fanatec starts investing more in their software team.

• Then you must be the luckiest person in the world and probably the only one who has a very special DD1/2 with very special firmware where this issue doesn't encounter.

Every single DD1/2 has the issue as soon as you use any other screen on the DD1/2 than the default screen with the logo like Sascha already mentioned. And since Fanatec won't give an estimate or any other info on the progress when this is going to be fixed i added my own screen and used Simhub to create a dash(es) for it.

Total cost for the Vocore 4" (touch)screen with case and Simhub License was €120,- and at least you have something that actually works without the side effects and that is actively developed... something i sometimes doubt regarding the Fanatec firmware and drivers if you read the issues over here (and take into account that not all of them are user error related).

• I think a lot of DD1/2 owners feel the same but it's dead silent lately when it comes to driver / firmware development. It would be nice if mr Jackermeijer did a press release for the new drivers / firmware that was as impressive as the CSL DD is on paper and finally the full potential of the DD1/2 could be used but as mentioned before... when it comes to driver / firmware development it's awfully silent.

• It’s probably hardware related and it can’t be fixed. I think they just hope we forget about it.

• @thomas

Yes, I feel that a "roadmap update" for the DD1/DD2 firmware situation is well past due. Would be great if we could get one soon.

• Hi Guys,

Delivered a DD1 + Formula V2 wheel + Porsche 911 Podium wheel, yesterday.

Am unable to update firmware for any wheels.

Updater Build 402, displays all items firmware up to date before including the wheel (DD1 Base, DD1 Motor, WQR & CSv3 Pedals)

When putting the wheel on the end, the Firmware Updater automatically starts up without prompt and enters an endless loop.

Loop is as follows: (Firmware Starts & Turns DD screen off -> Firmware says successful, reaches 100% and closes window. DD1 reboots. -> After 5 secs when PC detects DD1, Firmware Updater automatically starts and without prompt again attempt the exact same update "Mode Podium Hub Rim"). Note: Formula V2 displays "Mode Formula V2 rim" or similar.

I have rolled back (and forward again) from 402 -> 381 -> 373 -> 402. Nothing changes. Enters the loop or doesn't properly update the firmware.

Youtube link to video showing 402 loop: https://youtu.be/0MOjnodnUDQ

All troubleshooting steps included in each Firmware PDF have been followed with no improvement. I've also disabled all firewalls and antivirals with no improvement.

32-bit version of updater was also suggested in another post somewhere, but win10 isn't allowing me to install that.

Repairing updater, or re-installing updater, also yields no improvement.

DD1 connected to PC via USB. CSv3 to PC via USB. Torque Key In Place.

Its a significant amount of money to put out on something that is DOA like this, which from a large business like Fanatec is disppointing.

Hoping though someone out there has another suggestion to try.

Support Ticket (97016 CRM:000000700246570) refers.

• Dear Reind,

please read again. I’ve said, that I have no jolts in STANDARD screen....

Probably my wording wasn’t that good to understand, so my apologies.

Thanks.

• Don't count on it, i asked numerous times about it, here on the forums, directly to Dominic Brennan, Marcel Pfister, the people from support when i had an technical issue with my Formula V2 wheel, a beta tester and no one will give you any info about this topic, they simply answer all other questions but ignore these and if you ask any further it remains dead silent, the conversation simply stops.

The only info i got once from Marcel Pfister was that it was going to be a lot of work to fix the jolts, they managed to do it on the default screen but didn't have any luck on the other screens and it was put on the "roadmap" for this year because they had to rewrite big parts of the firmware.

This could mean 2 things, it's true and they are working on it OR, they really don't have a clue on how to fix this and they just try to ignore it as long as possible and hope people will stop nagging about it. And to be honest, i think it's the last option since all Fanatec people are keeping their lips sealed.

Maybe it's time to bundle some forces and start something that at least let potential customers know that not everything that is mentioned on the product page is true (the screen is still mentioned as a feature over there... not sure but crippling a wheelbase is a feature nowadays?) and that in fact Fanatec is able to make great hardware but it lacks proper developed and tested drivers + software at the moment so people should think twice before they jump into the eco system.

Probably one of the beta testers will come up with the suggestion to "sell all your Fanatec gear if your not happy with it and switch to another brand", well if Fanatec is compensating the loss i'm more than happy to send everything back. On the other hand, based on what they claim on their product pages and the fact that the product doesn't work flawless you could also say you could return it based on non conformity

• you are right, more people need to complain, stupid silly issues like this hold back the potential of the product, its really damn well annoying and a sure fire way of losing future customers, they may have got our money the first time around but this is not the way to go about retaining the customer base, not with the likes of simucube about which seems the obvious no brainer next upgrade, and it really shouldnt be like that, customers should be happy and have NO desire to move away from the ecosystem... the products themselves are great, well made, awesome to use but software issues and a lack of ongoing support is a huge issue. going almost 6 months without a software update indicates to us that fanatec believe all is well and nothing more needs to be done... thats completely wrong and they should at least engage with customers more.

just let us know on a monthly basis or something what they are working on, how the software team is getting on with known issues, what might we have coming up to look forward to... the only reason i have not sold my DD wheelbase and gone and purchased a simucube 2 is because they have indicated the software issues are something they are working on and the quick release (which i think is poor next to almost any other) is also getting an update soon which will improve the base massively im sure. so yeh im holding on, its really not difficult to sell, it would be sold in a matter of days and im close to just throwing in the towel and moving on which is a shame because the product is 90 percent of the way there, we just need to hear more from them not just on upcoming products but how they are working to improve current customers products.

• Paul HartlPaul Hartl Member
    edited May 2021

Lack of visibility on their own forums has always been one of fanatecs weak points. They sporadically pop up and make statements or answer questions but then disappear like a fart in the wind.

They have a community representative that used to be very active but even that has disappeared.

Fanatec will still continue to make big sales even if the customer support is lacking because there is so much demand for electronic products since covid hit and to that does not seem to be going away anytime soon.

If they could actually place more emphasis and importance on customer service then they would have the best reputation in the business but the leadership is lacking here and always has been.

This has been flogged to death in in the past and was not even acknowledged previously, don't see anything changing in this aspect anytime soon.

There is one guy here who to takes the time to regularly help people but I am unsure if he is staff or otherwise as I think he has mentioned in the past that he does not work for fanatec.

• Hello everybody.

Today I found a log called FW-Error.log in which it shows the following:

Endor FW Forcefeedback Driver

Build: Apr 1 2020 13:58:50

Call : 5/14/2021 14:32:44

SystemInfo PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (x64 - AMD or Intel)

OSVersionInfo Version Number = 10.0

OSVersionInfo Operating System =

OSVersionInfo CSD Version =

** FW-FFB Error tracing for C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe **

[START TRACE].

What can this be?

• Any word when to expect another beta driver update. Been 5 months and nothing new.

• I have a DD2, never switch screens and I get the jolt in Dirt Rally 2 and one other game, don't remember which one. Might be another CodeMaster game. This has happened with the last few firmware updates. I don't remember this happening when I first purchased the unit @ a year ago. With Dirt Rally it's very reproducible, certain locations of a few rally's.

• If it's reproducible it is likely to be a bump in the D2 road mesh and not a jolt caused by firmware. The firmware jolts are randomised and not reliably reproducible.

• FWIW I still get jolts on the Fanatec logo screen (DD1 in ACC). They're definitely rare, but they absolutely happen.

This discussion has been closed.